290 replies to this topic
DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

^ Still, Lol... Bless.

As long as it's being whinged about I'll pop up to dispute the claims of it being impossible, unbalanced, toxic, unfair or whatever. Stop allowing people to give me the reason I need to post videos disputing incorrect claims made.

Me, the one thing that would bug me was when on jobs and needed to have a passenger, the little sh*ts would often simply have to shoot damn near everything... Prison Break - Cargo Ship being a prime candidate for a knobhead to shine... Always does it get messy, always it's my fault though, lol...

You don't need a passenger on Cargo Ship, you can drive the car back alone.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tommy

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

1 - Jet griefers. I'm literally driving down the road, I oppose no threat to you?

2 - People who Commit Suicide in a 1v1 gunfight when they're about to die. You are literally not winning anything, you've just played yourself?
  • gnomefromnome, Milesinho and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

As long as it's being whinged about I'll pop up to dispute the claims of it being impossible, unbalanced, toxic, unfair or whatever. Stop allowing people to give me the reason I need to post videos disputing incorrect claims made.

Well,your videos proved that is not impossible, so I give you kudos for that. Using video evidence to prove your point is actually pretty smart.

The thing is that selling in public lobbies, while not impossible as you proved, is still unbalanced, toxic and unfair. These aren't whining or incorrect facts, these are rightful complaints and true facts.
  • KWF1981 likes this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

The thing is that selling in public lobbies, while not impossible as you proved, is still unbalanced, toxic and unfair. These aren't whining or incorrect facts, these are rightful complaints and true facts.

You're almost right.

Change is to can be and I'll meet you half way and agree.

Selling in public lobbies can be unbalanced, toxic and unfair.

However, the complaint I have, which spurred this whole thing again, is the constant whining about it being impossible and toxic and nothing else. While an issue, it's not as big an issue as it is being made out to be and there are plenty of ways to avoid it (including solo public if needs must but, as exampled, are not required).

Sandpanther
  • Sandpanther

For I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

In combat as a CEO doing all the fighting whilst my bodyguard sits in the bloody car afk. Sigh, why do I bother hiring bodyguards?

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix, A week ago.

You're almost right.

Change is to can be and I'll meet you half way and agree.

The thing is that selling in public lobbies, while not impossible as you proved, can be toxic and is still unbalanced and unfair. These aren't whining or incorrect facts, these are rightful complaints and true facts.

FTFY.

Selling in public lobbies can be unbalanced, toxic and unfair.

However, the complaint I have, which spurred this whole thing again, is the constant whining about it being impossible and toxic and nothing else. While an issue, it's not as big an issue as it is being made out to be and there are plenty of ways to avoid it (including solo public if needs must but, as exampled, are not required).
Well, maybe people complain way too much because they don't like how the whole system is setup since the Further Adventures in Finance and Felony Update.

Maybe people hope that if they speak their voice, maybe R* will revisit the concept and improve instead of only copypasting it each update.

And while recent updates have improved the concept (Gunrunning had supplies being able to be lifted with the Cargobob and a generous countdown to initiate the global signal; Smugglers Run let players steal cargo from others, which is way more profitable and makes more sense that just destroying it), there's a long way left to improve it even more.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

People that see that you have a female character, pull up, and honk incessantly for you to get in their car.

People that see that you have a female character, pull up, honk incessantly for you to get in their car, then open fire when you don't.
  • Coranub, Cutter De Blanc, PwnageSoldier and 1 other like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

^ Still, Lol... Bless.

Me, the one thing that would bug me was when on jobs and needed to have a passenger, the little sh*ts would often simply have to shoot damn near everything... Prison Break - Cargo Ship being a prime candidate for a knobhead to shine... Always does it get messy, always it's my fault though, lol...

You don't need a passenger on Cargo Ship, you can drive the car back alone.

I know, I parachute in and get gone long before a numpty can get involved...

Just some can't not press buttons. More an early days issue, these days buddies know and randoms ain't getting in my cars, but occasionally it happens... Ah well...

I ain't getting caught up in your arguments again lad, we play different, we want different. Get over it. What you do/get from GTA is NOT the yardstick for all.

As I said, a GTA with lessening choices, ain't GTA to me.

Simples!
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

People that see that you have a female character, pull up, and honk incessantly for you to get in their car.

People that see that you have a female character, pull up, honk incessantly for you to get in their car, then open fire when you don't.

I have a female character now. Shoot first.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted A week ago

*when people try to tell me how to play heists,can you not see i'm lvl 669? Ive been traumatized by lester victory dance wayyyyy too many times

I laughed louder & harder than I should've.

30253414494_d84eac2fde_h.jpg
  • Coranub likes this

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

People who make female characters.  You're not fooling anyone, we all know you do it to get off on some pixels you sick f$%^ :lol:.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

People who make female characters.  You're not fooling anyone, we all know you do it to get off on some pixels you sick f$%^ :lol:.

At least they are female shaped.

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

weird part is when I play with my friend who has a female character, players will ask "is he your boyfriend?" it makes the chat so awkward

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

weird part is when I play with my friend who has a female character, players will ask "is he your boyfriend?" it makes the chat so awkward

Don't answer them. Just ignore. I almost never talk to randoms.

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I know, but still. How can someone assume a male + female character = relationship? Wtf

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I know, but still. How can someone assume a male + female character = relationship? Wtf

Because 99% of kids are dumb.
  • Scaglietti, Arrows to Athens, PwnageSoldier and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A week ago

Idiots who follow you even if you're in passive mode. Why are you following me? That's retarded. Also I used to keep my doors unlocked but now they're locked because I can't stand fools who feel they're allowed to just hop in.

Also people who see me doing my regular cruises and feel like they need to be jackasses even though I'm in passive mode. "Look at this guy, he's having a nice day. Lemme throw a grenade at his car even though it won't do jack sh*t." It doesn't phase me but it irritates me that the GTA fanbase is so daft and attention seeking.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Forza Harrd and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

You sound upset... You hit on a player with a female character only to find out that it's a dude holding the controller?
  • Coranub, hugh750 and Forza Harrd like this

Cackling Jack
  • Cackling Jack

Hold My Beer And Watch This!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Passive switching and try hard kd warriors.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Players who keep honking the horn and trying to get in my Manana when I'm cruising, or trying to shoot me when I'm in passive mode.

I mean, for f*cks sake don't you see me relaxing and chilling here? Why do you have to be so brain dead and waste your own ammo for nothing?

duskpanthers
  • duskpanthers

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted A week ago

when they keep boasting to me how many millions they have through glitches. Tempted to report them. 

• Coranub likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Idiots who follow you even if you're in passive mode. Why are you following me? That's retarded. Also I used to keep my doors unlocked but now they're locked because I can't stand fools who feel they're allowed to just hop in.

Also people who see me doing my regular cruises and feel like they need to be jackasses even though I'm in passive mode. "Look at this guy, he's having a nice day. Lemme throw a grenade at his car even though it won't do jack sh*t." It doesn't phase me but it irritates me that the GTA fanbase is so daft and attention seeking.

One time I got to drive someone's Chradder around Blaine County because they left it unlocked at the airstrip, so I like to leave my expensive cars and bikes parked unlocked. But every damn time someone can screw me up by taking my vehicle, they do it. So I have to keep my doors locked most of the time. People. smh

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Free mode pests.

Yes, sure it's 'Free' mode. But when you need others to fuel your giggles, then as the needy one, it'd be great to turn your respect switch on when someone politely refuses to play with you to mind their own business.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So you jerk off to your dude character then?
  • Coranub, hugh750 and We Are Ninja like this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

Insert some pretentious crap about myself here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I hope you're joking.

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Your example sadly is an exception rather that the rule. Congrats on your sale though, that was smart playing I must say.

I disagree that it was an exception. The following shows otherwise again...

Yes, it was smart selling, that's one point I've been trying to drive home. However the other point still stands that public sessions are not the toxic war zone that they are being made out to be.

As for multi vehicle sells. I generally only do these with friends unless it's low value such as weed. However, the sale vehciles are invincible until you get in to them, all it does it gives others more time to plan an attack and since few people who play GTA actually plan anything it's no issue.

Next time I do a multi vehicle sell I'll try and remember to stream it to twich and save the full 30 minute sell video as further proof that I don't just say sh*t that I haven't witnessed and am not merely defending the game without reason.

Ive been in plenty of toxic war zone lobbies that they are being made out to be, they are out there , and its all a numbers game, just because you have been lucky to find some peaceful lobbies, that does not mean that is the norm, nor does full on toxic lobbies are the norm.

It also comes to down to how many players are in the lobby, I noticed in the video you never looked at the player list, but a lobby with just a handful of players is going to be a lot less toxic, or war zone if you will than a lobby that is full or close to full. 

I disagree with you , showing us two videos of you completing sales does not make what you are trying to say is a fact, it just doesnt.

(full disclosure, I did not watch the entire video, I skimmed it, so I could be wrong and you did look at the player list)

The player list is in the top left on both videos at some points throughout, each one has over 20 other players.

I'm not saying toxic sessions don't exist but they are not the norm by any means. If you find one simply find new session before selling.

The lobbies in the videos I posted certainly were not peaceful either, watch the kill feed. The point is, while they were all fighting and there was a war zone going on, they continued to focus on each other and ignore the fact I was selling in an unprotected and defenseless monster truck.

It really is not anything as bad as it's being made out to be. Do I need to record and post every single sale I do to prove this? Or will they just be disputed without any justification (again... seriously, what is it with people not accepting video evidence as proof of what someone is claiming?)

Whinge about it all you like but public session sell missions are easily achievable and the sessions are not the toxic warzone full of trolls and greifers out to destroy product for no reason. My videos show this. Show me otherwise.

My first video has my GR sale stats, 95% success on 55 sales, 54 of which were in populated public sessions, one was solo (to prove a point). One fail was self inflicted (prox mine on FAV) and one was glitched (merryweather never spawned at the first drop), I don't recall any other failures however based on the percentage there was apparently one failure left, out of 55. They are far from impossible.

I know they are not impossible, never said they were, I am not a part of that group that whine's about it,  all I was trying to point out to you is that just because you have luck, does not mean every single player is going to have the same luck as you, it all comes down to what players you get matched with in public lobbies.     Just so we are clear,  I am not saying you are wrong,  I agree that is very much possible to sell in public lobbies and be successful.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So you jerk off to your dude character then?

Clearly he appreciates the strong, silent type...
  • hugh750 and HamwithCheese like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

My pet peeve is people complaining about other people's pet peeves.

• We Are Ninja and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

My pet peeve is people complaining about other people's pet peeves.

And there's people who complain about people complaining about other people's pet peeves and so on...

Is a never ending circle.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

My pet peeve is people not complaining about other people's pet peeves that I disagree with. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users