• HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 2 weeks ago

People who do PP or Executive Search just to idle

What's wrong with that?

People who abuse EWO, kill themselves on purpose or abuse passive mode in combat.

I can't agree more. Bulletproof helmets, marksman rifles, first person mode, EWO after every kill. Like, wow, you're so pro.

Bigness masks
Rolly-polly, EWO, Marksman dancing Tryhards <- Note these are usually wearing Bigness masks

Now that you mention it, I do notice that. Do they do anything, like bulletproof helmets, or are they just cosmetic?
  • HARBUJAHN likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Players who expect you to do heists for 15%. Share the wealth a bit and whack it up to 20% you tight b******s!

• HARBUJAHN and KingpinRCR like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

People who whine about the toxicity of public sessions (they aren't all that bad).
People who whine about x, y or z being too OP and there is no counter for it - passive bitch or switch session.

Both of these are legitimate complaints tho.

Perhaps to some degree however not to the degree those whining about them make out.
  • ragedandcaged likes this

Striker_Blitz
  • Striker_Blitz

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not really related but on of my biggest peeves is those players that get excited and hyped about remasters of games that came out not that long ago and that they already played. What are you expecting? A surprising experience? A nice new history? C'mon people, it's not because shiny new graphics and a few side missions that the game will be different... (yes I'm looking at you L.A Noire people)

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Milesinho, 2 weeks ago.

People who whine about the toxicity of public sessions (they aren't all that bad).
People who whine about x, y or z being too OP and there is no counter for it - passive bitch or switch session.

Both of these are legitimate complaints tho.

Perhaps to some degree however not to the degree those whining about them make out.

Have to disagree. If something is so OP that your only option is to go passive, then that's a big problem (cough, jets, cough cough). Especially since you can't go passive if you're engaged in any activity. Without that fundamental balance, the game ceases to function.

• Perez84, We Are Ninja, 79'Blazer4x4 and 3 others like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 2 weeks ago.

Jets aren't that OP. I've only ever had one time where a jet was a massive issue and that was due to a) the location I was and b) the jet pilot's skill level. Now, I get to spawn a jet close by, I can take to the skies and use the same OP vehicle to deal with the OP vehicle.

Going passive certainly is not the only way to deal with a jet. It's a way but not the only way.

The game continues to function perfectly fine for the majority.

If it was that bad, selling in any public session would not be possible without having it destroyed, this is not the case.

There are no vehicles or weapons which are so overpowered that they cause you to have to use passive, passive is an easy answer to the problem but not the only one.

Public sessions are barely toxic. There are a huge number of friendly small sessions, there are large sessions where people may not be so friendly but are pre-occupied with other people that they don't give you a second look.

While both complaints may be legitimate, they do not warrant the level of whining that is seen on the forums. multiple topics all focusing on the same subject matter, all live at the same time with the same whining and complaints from the same people. THAT is what I am talking about.

As for being unable to go passive, you clearly started an activity which has some part of it PvP. Perhaps if you cannot deal with the PvP in GTA you should stay away from such activities rather than bitch and whine about how you are unable to counter some attacks (cough, explosive sniper, sneeze, fart)
  • ragedandcaged and SHOKKERZ91 like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Milesinho, 2 weeks ago.

Jets aren't that OP. I've only ever had one time where a jet was a massive issue and that was due to a) the location I was and b) the jet pilot's skill level. Now, I get to spawn a jet close by, I can take to the skies and use the same OP vehicle to deal with the OP vehicle.

Going passive certainly is not the only way to deal with a jet. It's a way but not the only way.

If it was that bad, selling in any public session would not be possible without having it destroyed, this is not the case.

There are no vehicles or weapons which are so overpowered that they cause you to have to use passive, passive is an easy answer to the problem but not the only one.

Public sessions are barely toxic. There are a huge number of friendly small sessions, there are large sessions where people may not be so friendly but are pre-occupied with other people that they don't give you a second look.

While both complaints may be legitimate, they do not warrant the level of whining that is seen on the forums. multiple topics all focusing on the same subject matter, all live at the same time with the same whining and complaints from the same people. THAT is what I am talking about.

As for being unable to go passive, you clearly started an activity which has some part of it PvP. Perhaps if you cannot deal with the PvP in GTA you should stay away from such activities rather than bitch and whine about how you are unable to counter some attacks (cough, explosive sniper, sneeze, fart)

For the sake of everyone's sanity, I'm not going to turn this into another debate about jets, so I'm not going to say any more about it after this, but jets are OP. I'm fine with PvP as long as I have a fighting chance. I can fully accept getting pwned in a fair fight.

You can do deliveries in a populated lobby, but the point is, if someone with a jet decides to take you down and destroy your stuff, there's nothing you can do about it. It's not a bitch, it's a legitimate complaint about a basic lack of balance in the game that's easily exploitable by anyone who wishes to do so. 

Balance is absolutely fundamental in games, especially ones like this, and the balance in GTAO is all over the place at the moment with some of the new vehicles and upgrades. As long as that remains the case, people will and should moan about it.

For the record, I agreed with most of the rest of your complaints :p

• D.B. Cooper and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

People who race dirty, and oddly, people who constantly sound their horns during bike races.

You are all on point with yours, I must say.
  • -LN- and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

People changing the radio while I'm the driver.

With friends however, we already know, the driver has priority over the radio :p

Hehe - sometimes I kick randoms out of my car in Heistsetups if they do. Let them either come with a NPC car or if they regret, I turn and pick them up again (if space given, they have to get on the backseat, though) :lol:

Passenger can't change the radio in a heist setup.

Well, that must be new. Will check later if this is a thing.

New as in added on 10th March 2015 with heists. Never been able to change the radio as a passenger during a heist on Xbox 360 nor Xbox One.

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

The Picnic

• Members
  • Poland
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

The text chat in public lobbies on PC.

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hate when people ignore the game's numerous problems as "whinning".

Dude, really? Jets are the most overpowered vehicle in the game, the only people who think otherwise are jet griefers and I think that's it, really. There's hundreds of complaints about its explosive cannons everywhere, the countermeasures released to "counter" them are useless (Homing Launcher) or overpowered in their own (explosive rounds). Of all the new planes added to the game, only the Rogue can barely stand a chance and only because it can be equipped with explosive rounds ironically.

Also releasing OP things to counter OP things is an awful way to nerf things. We wanted the Hydra's explosive cannons removed, not giving players a hitscan sniper rocket launcher.

The game only works perfectly for griefers, trolls, PvP tryhard and whales.

People that want to grind, want to play in peace or want more PvE content are f*cked over in a daily basis.

And while not impossible, is too damn hard to sell in a lobby when bullsh*t mechanics like the global signal exist in the first place.

Wrong. There are myriads of overpowered vehicles, Kuruma? Hydra? Insurgent? APC? Oppressor? Way too many OP vehicles when I can only use a sh*tty Dodo or Post Op van to make a sale.

Really? Almost all the sessions I end up are full of griefers, trolls, tryhards, squeakers, racial and homophobic slurs and many horrid things. I heard things about LoL and CS:GO communities but GTA Online takes the cake in the "Worst Game Community ever".

And yet agaik you're complaing about people complaining. And I'm complaining about you complaining about people complaining. And you will probably complain about me complaining about you complaining about people complaining and so on...

Also you're right, we don't whine enough to make R* notice our rightful complaints. Unlike you, we want a better, more fun and fair game.

But "muh PvP" It's only forced PvP to sell Shark Cards. Is that simple, really.

The PvP in GTA Online is utterly broken and unbalanced to deal with, why bother?

Lol the explosive sniper solved a problem and created ten more.
  • zoso80, The-Irish-Hunter and Lupo-Akane like this

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mexicola9302, 2 weeks ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

0_0.jpg

ibw1mu.jpg

The worst annoying thing in the game are these stupid horns. And the Bigness mask. I mean why the f*ck all the kids walk around in these or with a rebreather. And Dollar rims on pink or chrome cars. Some ppl in this game only play it to piss off others.

• Perez84, AmyStone and Lupo-Akane like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 2 weeks ago.

- "Lzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" texts

- Players that try to goad you into going to the beach so that you can both do the tryhard two-step or the sniper shuffle in the sand

- "Can someone come pick me up?"

- Players that pick a fight, start losing, then try to dictate what weapons you can and can't use: "ARs only", "No rockets", etc.

- Requests to be people's GTA girlfriends

- "Hello? Anyone have a mic? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Is anybody there? Hello? Hello? Can anyone hear me? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Anyone with a mic? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?"

- High-level players that continuously antagonize low-level players
  • 79'Blazer4x4, -LN-, Lupo-Akane and 1 other like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I do the bottom one if they are annoying on the mic.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

*...without provocation

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

*...without provocation

Well I am easily provoked. But I hear ya. Loud music. Begging for rides. Asking for money. Asking to join my ceo. Asking me to host a heist. I kill them once and await their reaction.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

- "Lzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" texts

- Players that try to goad you into going to the beach so that you can both do the tryhard two-step or the sniper shuffle in the sand

- "Can someone come pick me up?"

- Players that pick a fight, start losing, then try to dictate what weapons you can and can't use: "ARs only", "No rockets", etc.

- Requests to be people's GTA girlfriends

- "Hello? Anyone have a mic? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Is anybody there? Hello? Hello? Can anyone hear me? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Anyone with a mic? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?"

- High-level players that continuously antagonize low-level players

I have literally never had any of those problems.

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not really related but on of my biggest peeves is those players that get excited and hyped about remasters of games that came out not that long ago and that they already played. What are you expecting? A surprising experience? A nice new history? C'mon people, it's not because shiny new graphics and a few side missions that the game will be different... (yes I'm looking at you L.A Noire people)

lol maybe they are hoping for a new experience? Or maybe they're thinking this will be in V's engine ?
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

People who vote for kick because you defended yourself and taught them to be careful who you start on.
People who send single word text messages "peace" - stay away from me and you will be fine, don't upset me and you will be fine.

BRTky.jpg

• Perez84, We Are Ninja, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Man, you must live on a different planet. A jet pilot worth his weight in discarded Pibswasser bottles is watching for any player anywhere near the hospital or the marina (or any other jet spawn point) to make sure that he or she destroys it before you can get to it in order to maintain the complete and total dominance over all other players in the session. The only way to effectively deal with a jet is to get into another jet. I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that my game disc says Grand Theft Auto, not Warhawk, or Ace Combat. Anyone not in a jet has two options, and two options only: Hide or die.
  • Lupo-Akane and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

lol maybe they are hoping for a new experience? Or maybe they're thinking this will be in V's engine ?

Actually, both L.A. Noire and GTA V use the same game engine, RAGE (Rockstat Advanced Game Engine).

Commander S
  • Commander S

Work hard, mustard big

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Something that bugs me regarding racing:

I get that, on the surface, it's a bit of a wind-up when R* adds some shiny new (expensive) thing as the fastest/most competitive car in that particular class - but cars like that don't 'ruin the class'.

...no, really - the only people who really 'have' to own cars like that are people who want the edge against randoms, particularly for things like premium races. That's probably the one situation where owning the best car (and it varies, depending on the type of track) will give you a decent advantage. Less so against randos in regular races, because most players can't drive race clean to save their lives. And assuming you get past the maelstrom of crashing and pile-ups, you're going to get dragged back into it every so often by catch-up and slipstream being left on by default 99% of the time. Frankly, worrying about the quality of your racing experience against randos is a lost cause...

As for dedicated, organised racers, if you're organised enough to set house rules for clean racing, then you're organised enough to tell people 'don't use the _____' or 'only use these particular cars' - so top-of-class things with no natural competition can simply be ignored. Sabre Turbo Custom now utterly demolishes everything in Muscle? Well, okay - buy one for smoking randoms, but it doesn't mean that the old top-end bracket is 'ruined', since you can just not use the STC, and keep using things like the Dominator/Blade/Coquette Blackfin/Dukes for serious racing. And it is possible, considering that there's a popular 'rally sub-class' in Sports, consisting of things like the Kurumas, Sultan, Tropos Rallye, Omnis, etc.

If anything, top-of-class 'apex predators' are kinda wasted for a serious, organised racing situation, because having no natural competition means that they can only be used against themselves (which isn't particularly interesting, since there's no variety). Same with cars lower down in a class - if a car's not top dog, but it exists in a bracket on a level with several other cars, then it makes for good competition - it's when there's nothing of equivalent performance in that same class that there's a problem, IMO.

(saw people complaining that the Rapid GT Classic isn't 'competitive with the top Sports Classics' earlier - which misses the point that it's on a par with the Stirling GT, Infernus Classic, and Torero, and thus makes for nice, varied racing with those cars...)

• Cutter De Blanc and varulven like this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Conquerer and Ruler of all Los santos,Venturas and Ferrio

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Actually, both L.A. Noire and GTA V use the same game engine, RAGE (Rockstat Advanced Game Engine).
so it will look like gta v on PS4?

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Really? Almost all the sessions I end up are full of griefers, trolls, tryhards, squeakers, racial and homophobic slurs and many horrid things. I heard things about LoL and CS:GO communities but GTA Online takes the cake in the "Worst Game Community ever".

How people talk, their phobias, their views etc. are irrelevant in this instance. They can't make your sale fail by screaming racial slurs down the mic.

The vehicles you complain about (dodo, post op van etc.) are buffed, they are also invincible until entered.

Selling is perfectly achievable in a public session.

The game works in it's current state and is certainly not impossible. The whining about it makes out that it is impossible. The truth is, few people will travel to attack, few give a f*ck about packages and sales. You get the odd player who will attack for no reason, easily dealt with if you're a competent player - you know the tricks by now.

So yeah, I stand by saying that people who whine too much about crap that's not an issue are a pet peeve. It's not required whining. Stick to the truth, whine about restrictions for real reasons (i.e. you want to play without PvE) not for reasons that don't really exist.

So, while it is an issue, it certainly doesn't warrant the sheer amount of whining.

Khephera
  • Khephera

The Neter against the Neteru

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

People changing the radio while I'm the driver.

With friends however, we already know, the driver has priority over the radio :p

Hehe - sometimes I kick randoms out of my car in Heistsetups if they do. Let them either come with a NPC car or if they regret, I turn and pick them up again (if space given, they have to get on the backseat, though) :lol:

Add shooting flareguns to that list. If that happens, i drive up a mountain/tunnel-system far away from the street and throw them out. Have fun walking.

:whistle:   :lol:

• alkaline_ and Amy Vinewood like this

purevil101
  • purevil101

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Picking a stunt track after a perfectly good (normal) race.

• FrozenDanCicle and benjaminstrike like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Man, you must live on a different planet. A jet pilot worth his weight in discarded Pibswasser bottles is watching for any player anywhere near the hospital or the marina (or any other jet spawn point) to make sure that he or she destroys it before you can get to it in order to maintain the complete and total dominance over all other players in the session. The only way to effectively deal with a jet is to get into another jet. I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that my game disc says Grand Theft Auto, not Warhawk, or Ace Combat. Anyone not in a jet has two options, and two options only: Hide or die.

Or...

Interaction Menu > Vehicles and spawn a hydra
Phone Gerald and request a job
Accept the job and quit out
Hop in to jet that's next to you
f*ck sh*t up

With SR the jet spawn points have increased. Pegasus ones, possibly not but interaction menu ones have.

SR has solved the issue you posed about jet trolls (an issue I've never seen)

Game title doesn't dictate the game. Seriously, so you just steal cars the entire time you're online? Nope, can't shoot you, I must commit Grand Theft Auto and nothing more. Oh no, can't accept this race, I must steal cars and only steal cars. What a fantastic argument you made...

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 2 weeks ago.

Or...

Interaction Menu > Vehicles and spawn a hydra
Phone Gerald and request a job
Accept the job and quit out
Hop in to jet that's next to you
f*ck sh*t up

That's a lot of hoops/exploits to jump through in order to work around a glaring game imbalance.

With SR the jet spawn points have increased. Pegasus ones, possibly not but interaction menu ones have.

SR has solved the issue you posed about jet trolls (an issue I've never seen)

Ah. So you have to drop millions on a hangar/business in order to have a better shot at countering the aforementioned game imbalance. Gothca.

Game title doesn't dictate the game. Seriously, so you just steal cars the entire time you're online? Nope, can't shoot you, I must commit Grand Theft Auto and nothing more. Oh no, can't accept this race, I must steal cars and only steal cars. What a fantastic argument you made...

You completely misunderstood my argument, and literally (albeit inadvertently) reiterated my point. I like to do other things, including everything you just mentioned. But based on your hurrrdurrrgument "If a Hydra is on the map, get in another Hydra and fight it" implies that in a lobby full of jet trolls, you have to spend a lot of time in the air if you want to stay competitive, or even alive. No one player should be able to dictate how all other players in the lobby have to play. I don't want to keep respawning jets in order to stay alive in a lobby because some jet troll wants to. If I did, I'd have bought Warhawk or Ace Combat, games that are primarily about flying around and shooting my opponents in armed aircraft (That was the point I was making; I'm not entirely sure what you took from that...). I'd much rather enjoy the other facets of the game than reliving Top Gun action scenes over and over again...

EDIT: To make this post on-topic, jet trolls are a pet peeve. Everything about them. From the cowardice of utilizing the single most powerful weapon in the game from an unreachable distance/position, to their tendency to easily fly to and kill pretty much any player they see, to their insistence on going passive until they can get back in their OP cocoon.
  • DEADLY-BREED, Sentinel Driver and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Big Molio, 2 weeks ago.

Have you heard or seen the way many children act in this game? Yours my very well be perfectly fine and respectful, but kids are often a problem due to their attitude and the way they choose to play the game. The fact is it's supposed to be a game for adults that doesn't just cover the content of the game (I assume you're referring specifically to Online, as single player is certainly not 'tame'), but also the behaviour of the community so kids shouldn't be playing it. If you choose to let yours play, that's on you. You can't then complain when they get sworn at.

They are worse on Rocket League, and moreover, all ripping each other off with the trade up / exchange system. What I am referring to are the adults who behave worse than most of the children.

Anyway, I digress, so...
  • Milesinho likes this

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BoxiestSumo, 2 weeks ago.

The f*cking cheaters and modders
They ruin the game
  • jerryinohio78 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users