Quantcast

» «
Photo

I need help with gta sa

Best Answer guard3, A week ago

Trivia: (Kam's scripts provide the materials only, so it's the other script that does all the work)
Anyway, you import by going to file>import and select the .dff. You export the same way, file>export>yourdffhere.dff
Then a window pops up. You select dff version as "SA PC", tick building pipeline, tick the colours you want (it has night colours) and click ok. You can't miss it! Go to the full post

17 replies to this topic
TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I have a little problem with gta san andreas, the problem is that I tried to edit some road from the game in 3ds max, and export it again into the game using kam's script, the game loads just fine, but when I went to the place where I edited the roads, the roads seems like they are not placed like it supposed to be, they are in a different position, I didn't change any coordinates or offset of the roads while working on 3ds max, so it's there any fix for it? Thank you.

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago

Please post pics of the road before and after your edit.

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Please post pics of the road before and after your edit.

Here are some screenshots Before and After https://imgur.com/a/DkBWm

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

And here some others examples https://imgur.com/a/NgC7h

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by guard3, 2 weeks ago.

It's easier and more direct if you post an image here. Copy the BBCode from imgur and paste it here. It will look like this:
[img]blahblahblah[/img]
Now back to your problem. Does this happen even if you just import and export as-is? What 3DS Max scripts do you use? My assumption would be pivot misallignment (did you mess up the textures, or the export did it?)

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's easier and more direct if you post an image here. Copy the BBCode from imgur and paste it here. It will look like this:

[img]blahblahblah[/img]
Now back to your problem. Does this happen even if you just import and export as-is? What 3DS Max scripts do you use? My assumption would be pivot misallignment (did you mess up the textures, or the export did it?)

Alright, thanks for let me know how to post pictures here, it's my first time posting on here hehe, and I'm using kam's script for 3ds max 2017 version, which works fine for editing some dffs, except roads of the game, and yes it has some little problem with textures too, but when I export it to the game, the position is also changed as you can see on the screenshots, I don't know if I did something wrong while trying to edit it, or when I tried to export it.

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by TheGamingDude, 2 weeks ago.

I'm kinda noob on editing dffs but I tried to fallow some tutorials over here which was helpful, but haven't seen anyone with this problem :/

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by TheGamingDude, 2 weeks ago.

1. First pic is before editing with 3ds max and the second is after editing and exporting as you can see the textures looks different too. What did I did wrong? 

j9SbLP9.png

2oGSp4p.png

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by guard3, 2 weeks ago.

If the problem is misallignment, then it has to do with the model pivot (aka, the centre of the object).

Trivia stuff: I see that the colours are missing (the first pic is more vibrant). Kam's scripts have a "VCol" option in the export tab, so (for future reference only), this must be checked.

How to tell if the exporter is to blame:

command-panel.gif

Go to hierarchy tab and select "Pivot", (You'll then see some big, fancy arrows). Take a screenshot. Export and import again (no modification), hierarchy>pivot and compare. If this is the case, maybe the scripts don't work correctly for you (they're quite old). How about trying out other importers/exporters? 

http://gtaforums.com...ax-script-pack/(requires Kam's scripts for materials, no problem)

http://gtaforums.com...er-for-3ds-max/(doesn't require Kam's scripts, has its own RWMaterial)

Doing so may fix your export problem. If not, maybe you should try an older version of 3DS Max (like 2012).

Spoiler

• TheGamingDude likes this

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TheGamingDude, A week ago.

If the problem is misallignment, then it has to do with the model pivot (aka, the centre of the object).

Trivia stuff: I see that the colours are missing (the first pic is more vibrant). Kam's scripts have a "VCol" option in the export tab, so (for future reference only), this must be checked.

How to tell if the exporter is to blame:

command-panel.gif

Go to hierarchy tab and select "Pivot", (You'll then see some big, fancy arrows). Take a screenshot. Export and import again (no modification), hierarchy>pivot and compare. If this is the case, maybe the scripts don't work correctly for you (they're quite old). How about trying out other importers/exporters? 

http://gtaforums.com...ax-script-pack/(requires Kam's scripts for materials, no problem)

http://gtaforums.com...er-for-3ds-max/(doesn't require Kam's scripts, has its own RWMaterial)

Doing so may fix your export problem. If not, maybe you should try an older version of 3DS Max (like 2012).

Spoiler

Thanks so much dude, it worked, model position and color are fixed now  :) I only have 1 little problem left, the textures of the sidewalk are little mess, I tried rwmaterials but unfortunately they didn't work for me I guess because the 3ds max version? anyways here are some pics.

tQTq9vz.png

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted A week ago

Hmmm... are they imported that way maybe? I don't see a reason why the textures are messed up. The faces could be flipped (!?) and since SA has enabled backface culling, they seem to be missing (though they're there, just not visible). One easy thing to try is to go to IDE and change the flag to 2097152 (if it already has a flag just add 2097152 to it 2097152+flag, simple math). If that fixes it, you can call it a day. You can then edit in 3DS Max if you want, thought it's not necessary. I'm pretty sure that's the case, because the grass texture is seemless (there's no distortion where the pavement should be). If your import has these faces coloured grey, then they're definately flipped.

But, If problem still persists, you should check the materials of the imported object. Do you convert to editable poly, or do you keep editable mesh? (You should keep editable mesh if conversion causes bugs). Import and then go to materials (slate editor is recommended; must be the default with new 3DS Max versions), there will be a "multimaterial" with several materials that have IDs starting with 1 and counting. Double click on each one and locate the ID that corresponds to pavement texture, then select "faces" on editable mesh editor, scroll down to where is says something about material IDs, select the faces that should have the pavement texture and change the ID to the correct one.

If your import is fine and your exporter is buggy:
-If the first case is the problem, it can easily be solved, as mentioned.
-If the second case is the problem, then things are more complicated (might require editing with RWAnalyse), or non fixable with your 3DS Max installation...

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TheGamingDude, A week ago.

Hmmm... are they imported that way maybe? I don't see a reason why the textures are messed up. The faces could be flipped (!?) and since SA has enabled backface culling, they seem to be missing (though they're there, just not visible). One easy thing to try is to go to IDE and change the flag to 2097152 (if it already has a flag just add 2097152 to it 2097152+flag, simple math). If that fixes it, you can call it a day. You can then edit in 3DS Max if you want, thought it's not necessary. I'm pretty sure that's the case, because the grass texture is seemless (there's no distortion where the pavement should be). If your import has these faces coloured grey, then they're definately flipped.

But, If problem still persists, you should check the materials of the imported object. Do you convert to editable poly, or do you keep editable mesh? (You should keep editable mesh if conversion causes bugs). Import and then go to materials (slate editor is recommended; must be the default with new 3DS Max versions), there will be a "multimaterial" with several materials that have IDs starting with 1 and counting. Double click on each one and locate the ID that corresponds to pavement texture, then select "faces" on editable mesh editor, scroll down to where is says something about material IDs, select the faces that should have the pavement texture and change the ID to the correct one.

If your import is fine and your exporter is buggy:
-If the first case is the problem, it can easily be solved, as mentioned.
-If the second case is the problem, then things are more complicated (might require editing with RWAnalyse), or non fixable with your 3DS Max installation...

Thanks so much dude, it worked :D but there is another issue :( the nigh color, I didn't notice it until it was night, when is day time the model looks fine, but at night it seems like it's little shine like it loose the color of the game, I tried again to import it with kam's acript using vcol and nothing and tried with Deniska dff exported but still not fitting with game color, is there any tool or someway to fix this issue, this is the only little problem now, everything is working great now thanks to you buddy  :)

htmC6y5.png

• guard3 likes this

Veigar2
  • Veigar2

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

That's pretty interesting, the sidewalk seems to be lit up too. 

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted A week ago

It's crazy, if you think about it, since we try to fix stuff from "broken" tools!
Anyway, I use seaggeman's importer/exporter, which has an option for night colours, BUT, it only works with 2010 and 2012. I have only got around with dff conversions, so fixing those problems by hand (if needed) isn't my thing, unfortunately. Didn't deniska scripts have a colour option? Maybe the scripts in your installation can't handle night colours for whatever reason...

You might need to get an older 3ds Max (2012 preferably) after all :(

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It's crazy, if you think about it, since we try to fix stuff from "broken" tools!
Anyway, I use seaggeman's importer/exporter, which has an option for night colours, BUT, it only works with 2010 and 2012. I have only got around with dff conversions, so fixing those problems by hand (if needed) isn't my thing, unfortunately. Didn't deniska scripts have a colour option? Maybe the scripts in your installation can't handle night colours for whatever reason...

You might need to get an older 3ds Max (2012 preferably) after all :(

Thanks dude, now I got the 3ds max  2012 now since others older versions seems to not working properly on my PC, and so I have downloaded seaggeman's script for 3ds max 2012 version, and I tried to export again the model, but night color still not good, only day time :( I don't know if I'm doing something wrong when I'm trying to export, I tried to import and export a dff without modify it just to check if I'm not doing something wrong while editing, but I guess is the exporter script. Can you tell me how you do to import and export dff without losing night vertex colors? in my case I import them with kam's script using seaggeman's  importer, then export it again with kams script using seaggeman's exporter, I don't if that's how  it suppose to do, I don't edit the vertex color just import edit the model shape a little bit and then export it again. 

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted A week ago   Best Answer

Trivia: (Kam's scripts provide the materials only, so it's the other script that does all the work)
Anyway, you import by going to file>import and select the .dff. You export the same way, file>export>yourdffhere.dff
Then a window pops up. You select dff version as "SA PC", tick building pipeline, tick the colours you want (it has night colours) and click ok. You can't miss it!

TheGamingDude
  • TheGamingDude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Then a window pops up. You select dff version as "SA PC", tick building pipeline, tick the colours you want (it has night colours) and click ok. You can't miss it!

Yeah finally fixed, thank you buddy ;) your are my savior, I'm making a project for gta sa, so I wanted to edit some objects like roads of the games, I had few problems, then came here, and now I know how to fix those issues and more than what I expected all thanks to you dude, really glad that you took your time to help me a lot. :)

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted A week ago

If you imported through Kam's window, then you have been using Kam's scripts all this time without knowing, lol!
Glad I could be of assistance ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users