Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has your opinion of R* changed since Smugglers...

47 replies to this topic
Misoaaki
  • Misoaaki

Infected with a SEVERE case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:56 AM Edited by Misoaaki, 10 September 2017 - 02:27 PM.

Gunrunning was sh*t, dunno what you're talking about there, but Smuggler's Run seems to be a turn for the better so far

• Happy Hunter likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:52 AM

Smuggler's Run seems to be a turn for the better so far

I want no part of this alternative universe you seem to be living in

• zoso80 and bulldog385 like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:35 AM

Hunter, no research (a lot of people thought there would be), discounts that I can actually get for once (as a lone wolf I mean) - I think Smuggler's Run is a huge improvement over Gunrunning.

But love is blind; especially when it's for an Apache helicopter.

Still, I think people have taken it as "no more cars again", "only military stuff" - and it's an overreaction. They're just giving some attack aircraft at last. It doesn't happen often - last time was in March 2015. I'm sure there'll be cars next time, and probably no more attack aircraft until next game.

Dripfeed is horrible though. But that goes without saying.
  • bulldog385 likes this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

Um, no.

It's just Gunrunning Part 2 - Massive paywalls, some interesting vehicles locked behind that, and a lot of "WTF R*" moments from their screwed up design decisions with the vehicles.

Misoaaki
  • Misoaaki

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:47 AM Edited by Misoaaki, 10 September 2017 - 04:48 AM.

I'm not saying SR is the best thing to exist ever, saying a GTAO update is a turn for the better REALLY doesn't mean much

I just personally think it's way better than GR

A lot of it in part to them actually exploring something a lot of people complained about, the lack of viable aircraft choices

• Happy Hunter likes this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

When you look at it in terms of things fans want, sure - hanger, aircraft etc. It's an improvement over GR. No one really wanted a weaponized Tampa or flying rocket bike.

Problem is that complete rehash of the gameplay. Once you get past buying the goodies (or as Happy Hunter counting the days until the drip feed is over for the Hunter), the game is utterly stale once you get past stuff to buy. 

That's what has killed me off the game. GTA isn't just about buying sh*t. Alas though, here GTA:O is with that as it's primary existence.

I'm not saying SR is the best thing to exist ever, saying a GTAO update is a turn for the better REALLY doesn't mean much

I just personally think it's way better than GR

A lot of it in part to them actually exploring something a lot of people complained about, the lack of viable aircraft choices

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

I have nothing to buy and the game is still fresh as a Georgia peach for me.

Shooty shooty. Boomy Boomy.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Nah, they were dicks before the update..still dicks.

PetrolheadSupreme
  • PetrolheadSupreme

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:33 PM Edited by PetrolheadSupreme, 10 September 2017 - 01:34 PM.

My opinion of Rockstar started tanking since they put out DLCs with Dripfeed attached.

Bruh, I don't wanna wait an arbitrary amount of weeks for the vehicles I REALLY want.

Till R* get off their ass and unlock the vehicle you want, you gotta buddy up with a modder to get him to spawn it for you.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Not really. Business as usual.

They get a thumbs up from me for sorting out the helmet visor flip action.

Misoaaki
  • Misoaaki

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, dripfeed and the sh*t gameplay is still awful, but at least there's something kinda good with this update. Probably just me being to optimistic though, and my giant bias against Gunrunning. My disappointment when I heard this was Crates 2.0 was nowhere near how pissed I felt when I opened the bunker buy/sell menu and saw an exact clone of Bikers. Again, probably just because I knew this time around that they would pull that sh*t. The thing about the waiting game businesses is that when you've got full supplies, you're left without much to do. I went in to GR hoping I would have something to keep me busy. But the result was something with even worse of a problem than Bikers, since you have to do even more tedious missions just to fill up the supply bar once, and then you have to do that again several times for one full stock bar. It's an awful combination of just sitting there doing nothing and then doing too much. At least a crate system has you actually doing something. The payout for the businesses are also way too low for how long it takes to fill up a bar of stock. That's the only thing GR did better in my eyes, since it has pretty good payouts for a sell mission.

TL;DR, I thought Gunrunning was sh*t because I hate the waiting game style of businesses, and its only redeeming factor was payouts

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

My feelings for R* remains the same. With gtao it has been a love/hate affair with me and remains so. GR was love while SR with ridiculous low pay/time ratio and disabling my Buzzard lock on is hate.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

TL;DR, I thought Gunrunning was sh*t because I hate the waiting game style of businesses, and its only redeeming factor was payouts

I like GR and Biker DLC because I'm able to manipulate supplies, particulary Biker supplies(so I'm not paying supplies or playing 50 stupid missions). And Smuggler Run is making my semi-legit playstyle even more easier thanks to new personal aircrafts spawn points.

Now I can summon my personal Swift or my personal Savage according circumstances. Its extremely helpful for soloing Biker DLC, and mixing different advantages from different DLCs refresh the gaming experience.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:15 AM Edited by xwinkx_girlYakuza, 11 September 2017 - 02:05 AM.

i know my opinion will be an unpopular one but i understand both stand point regarding paid or free dlc. I love playing GTA Online and Studio Projekt Red's The Witcher series. I'd happily pay for the Witcher dlc and GTAV story dlc if there is one. But for online i feel the free content is fair enough cause eventhough you're not a grinder or a shark card customer you'd still be able to participate with the missions as a hire help. I've been playing gta online for 3 years now and have bought only one sharkcard ever. I bought it so i can have 1 milllion gta dollars and be able to do the vip missions for 4 hours(this was before the executive offices). I'd switch between my first and second character. That's how i managed to start saving up for the rest of the dlcs. And there have been times when i did not have enough money to buy the new toys but still was able to enjoy them through people i met in the lobby. I think for a free dlc (which purpose is to sell shark cards which eventually cost more than most paid dlcs.. i do realize that lol) it's pretty fair. Free is free no matter how you look at it. And the people that buy shark cards god bless them cause they help pay for our gta free dlcs. But like i said.. this is an unpopular opinion and feel free to give me hell for it lol :panic:​ 

• idonknowhow and Misoaaki like this

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

It's not "unpopular", it's a mature opinion.

• xwinkx_girlYakuza likes this

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

I just really wish they fixed this game, added new stuff like wheels, custom lobby options, etc. But no, we get the same, old unnecessary PvP crap for the sole purpose of giving Rockstar more cash.

I would like to be able to set the weather in invite and solo lobbys, I want it to storm and be night every time I play lol.
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:07 AM

I just really wish they fixed this game, added new stuff like wheels, custom lobby options, etc. But no, we get the same, old unnecessary PvP crap for the sole purpose of giving Rockstar more cash.

I would like to be able to set the weather in invite and solo lobbys, I want it to storm and be night every time I play lol.

omg im gonna paint my savage like the color in your pic! so cute!

• Lupo-Akane likes this

White ranger
  • White ranger

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:31 AM

I need a garage in bunker, and a port to save my customise boats, that's the end of my wish list, then I will enjoy my retire life in LS and wait for the GTA6.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users