Rockstar Games News
79 replies to this topic
Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Who else owned LA Noire for the 360 and remembers it being on 3 discs?

It got a little annoying have to switch discs every two chapters or so.

If you had the Complete Edition on the 360, then it's on 4 discs. Yeah, it's still a pain, reminds me of some PS1 games where you had to swap discs in order to move on through the game. PS3 and PC players felt really lucky.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

If you had the Complete Edition on the 360, then it's on 4 discs. Yeah, it's still a pain, reminds me of some PS1 games where you had to swap discs in order to move on through the game. PS3 and PC players felt really lucky.

i never Deal with Discs, that is one the advantages of Steam :)

PipB
  • PipB

Liberty City Swingers

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Very good news. An underrated game. Hopefully they'll do the same with IV.

I believe GTA VI is going to take a while and only be out in 3/4 years. Meanwhile a IV remaster and having Liberty City in GTA Online would be amazing.

• theGTAking101, fashion and Ivan1997GTA like this

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Actually, double/triple 360 discs made me feel like I'm going to play a huge ass game so I didn't really mind it that much.
  • Unruly likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

If I could only afford L.A Noire, or a PS4...

Just get a job

Did you miss the Venezuela flag? :p Anyway, hope everything gets better soon down there limapalon. 

Anyway, I think this is good news. L.A. Noire is a good game to remaster seeing at it's graphics-dependent, in a way. You need those graphics for the facial animations to succeed or for the game to succeed. Other than that, L.A. Noire wasn't the best game. It had it's moments. I don't think a game like that needed to be a sandbox. I'm not a fan of sandbox games where the only purpose of the city and it's environment is to serve as a backdrop. Exploring isn't encouraged.

Having said that, L.A. Noire has always been a game I want to like. I think it's original in many regards. It's a game I think everyone should play at least once.  I also love playing period set games, even it means being in L.A. again. Creative industry needs to start looking at original places to set their films and games. Feels like I bloody live L.A. now. 

• Rafae and Ivan1997GTA like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Already have the complete edition for PC, but it's nice that PS4 and XB1 players can now experience it - in even better quality than before!

Played it again on PC the other day with everything maxed and damn..
It does not age well. What was it? 6 years ago?

I can't wait to see what the "remaster" will look like.
  • Rafae and Ivan1997GTA like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:19 AM

Was watching some trailers of it yesterday and holy crap it looked so much more cartoon-ish than I remember it.

• Mister Pink likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:20 AM Edited by fashion, 21 September 2017 - 10:22 AM.

Shouldn't they show us some footage already? The release is right around the corner and people will skip it. They chose the busiest months for a release so this game could be forgotten quickly with all the big upcoming releases.

I don't think I'll buy it with so many new games coming. Rather play a new experience than a remaster that I've played before. Maybe I'll bite if it won't be a full priced game. This release window is rather odd.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

If I could only afford L.A Noire, or a PS4...

Just get a job

I don't think a game like that needed to be a sandbox. I'm not a fan of sandbox games where the only purpose of the city and it's environment is to serve as a backdrop. Exploring isn't encouraged.

well you could do SOMETHING in that open world at least, those repetitive "crime" missions, to collect the badges, and you could look out for those, landmarks?! though it could have been much more indeed.

• Yoona likes this

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Was watching some trailers of it yesterday and holy crap it looked so much more cartoon-ish than I remember it.
That was the Switch version.

I have to ask, though...why?

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

r* once again showing how far deep in the trash bin a game developer can get.

• Alexander likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

Always wanted to play this but never got around to it. This may motivate me a bit more :oD

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:22 AM

I always enjoyed this game back on PC. Not sure how fun it'd be on PS4 or X1 TBH. Without any major graphic enhancement, there'll be no point of playing this, except for the 4K resolution and VR maybe.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

I really want to see this game do well on Switch, that way it gives Rockstar the confidence there is a market for the Switch. I'd love to see IV, MP3 and others come to the switch. The only difficult decision I have is if I want to buy the games I already own for a new platform just for the portability. However, now that I think about it. I don't own L.A Noire anymore. But as for others, that is going to be a hard decision.

Generally I have this problem with not only remasters, but if the game is a multiplat and I own multiple platforms. I really want to simplify my space on the consoles and platforms I have to. When I bought the Switch, this was going to be eventually where I would buy most multiplats on (granted they play well on the system)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Not as annoying as playing the digital copy. No problem if you downloaded every case before starting the game or remembered to download the next one before it was too late. But if you didn't, then it was a bit more off-putting than changing a disk.

I have to say that I'm pretty glad that they choose to remaster L.A. Noire. While it's not my favorite R* game, I really enjoyed its atmosphere and would definitely like see a sequel. This release also implicates that they have not forgotten this series. If my memory serves me correctly there was talk about possible sequel before.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

^ well, they DIDN'T rule out a continuation of the series, but it was mentioned in the same sentence, iirc, as Max Payne, Bully, or even Manhunt. they were generally speaking I think. I aswell thought it had a unique atmosphere and would be worth investing some dollars to have at least one more title in the franchise. apply the same technology, just polish it, use new actors, get a new background/time period and a new setting/environment. some fantastic soundtrack to accompany all that and OF COURSE, the right mechanics to support the whole. would love to see a new installment in the franchise

not interested in bully, or manhunt, or midnight club, or whatever....gimme red dead, max payne, noire and if neccesary another GTA

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:40 PM Edited by fashion, 10 October 2017 - 06:41 PM.

The price tag is 40 euros.
https://store.playst...ver=4.20.9:home
No idea if link works for you guys, it redirects to the PSN store. 40 euro preorder.

- New collectibles
- New outfits (?) with abilities
- all dlc
- techincal and graphical improvements

I won't buy and especially not preorder if they won't finally show some footage.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 4 weeks ago.

It's been two weeks since the last post so I hope you don't mind the bump. The official trailer is there!

I'm on the phone and my youtube quality sucks. It doesn't look any different than a last gen trailer. Is it a significant improvement?

I decided to skip it for the time being. My wallet already hurts enough and I still want to play South Park, Wolfenstein and NFS Payback. New games take the priority. LA Noire already looks great on last gen and it won't run away so maybe sometime when I have nothing to play, that won't be anytime this year though.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 4 weeks ago.

Watched it on my 4k tv, nope theres no difference.  It looks like FPS is pretty good though, but in the sense of graphics nope nothing there isnt detail like V's current gen trailers. Lets not forgot this is a 2011 game, maybe the 3rd best from R* of the last decade.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Textures look a lot sharper, but the faces still look like 720p if you ask me. It still looks good, but don't expect anything revolutionary. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users