LA Noire Announced for PS4, X1, Switch and VR

Rockstar Games News
66 replies to this topic
Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr_Rager, A week ago.

Excited to play it again. An underrated gem. It's Rockstar pleb filter.
  • Roger Cheeto, theGTAking101, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Probably one of R*'s underrated masterpieces. Now just do GTA IV and MP3 and my body will be ready.

now i hope when they do MP3 and GTA IV, that they don´t dump down euphoria like in V

MP3 still holds up. I can't get 60fps on the highest settings. It's that good.
IV however, was and still is poorly optimized.
RDR is a mess of a code that I honestly doubt they would go through the trouble of porting it to sell few more copies.

But about L.A. Noire, I looked through my stats on Social Club and found out that i haven't given much thought past the 21 cases. Steam is downloading it now.

Well, I remember that statement about RDR being one hell of a mess regarding coding. But I honestly believe they would have gotten a lot of sales from PC players and probably even a lot of players who already played the game on last gen. I know I would defo buy it again just to enjoy the awesome atmosphere in 4k with HD textures.

But anyway, this is great news. Never got around playing LA Noire, but this time... I probably won't get around it.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Don't understand how they can put LA Noire on both but only have IV on the Xbox one months ago. They need to get IV on PS4 ASAP and include the DLC stories as well. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

IV is backwards compatbility, the same 2008 game running on a special "emulator", this is an actual remaster.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted A week ago

It's Rockstar pleb filter.

Let's not go overboard here, the game falls apart in the second half as the story quickly jumps around missing out massive parts and expects the player to be shocked at things we were never given any real time to build up with.

Design wise though, it's still one of the best LA maps and I made the mistake of playing this just BEFORE GTAV dropped so i was massively disappointed with Los Santos/Blaine County.
  • SchizNitz, theGTAking101, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

--V--
  • --V--

^

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

But anyway, this is great news. Never got around playing LA Noire, but this time... I probably won't get around it.

I'm kinda meh about it because it'll still be capped to 30fps. Steam is STILL downloading it and I found a mod to remove the 30fps cap. Looked around and saw some bugs with it so I doubt the new versions will have 60fps.

Overall, good news. Will I play it again? Yes. Will I buy it again? No.

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr_Rager, A week ago.

It's Rockstar pleb filter.

Let's not go overboard here, the game falls apart in the second half as the story quickly jumps around missing out massive parts and expects the player to be shocked at things we were never given any real time to build up with.

Design wise though, it's still one of the best LA maps and I made the mistake of playing this just BEFORE GTAV dropped so i was massively disappointed with Los Santos/Blaine County.
I think it's fine until the end, if the ending emotionally paid off it would be equal with RDR for me. The ending just doesn't pack the punch it needed to. Kinda feels like when the game was near completion, internally Team Bondi and Rockstar were having issues, like they didn't have the cohesion when finishing it off.

I feel like L.A Noire is the A Bug's Life of Rockstar Games. It's in the shadow of an undisputed legend (RDR, Toy Story) and doesn't get recognized for being really great.
  • Noclue_42 and Actlikeyouknow like this

Hakuma
  • Hakuma

The Spirits

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by Hakuma, A week ago.

If it's coming to PS4, I guess it's coming to other platforms too.

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

First game I ever fell asleep playing out of boredom. Hey at least those faces look great, right? Yeah, not so much.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

leftist terrorist

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by slimeball supreme, A week ago.

First game I ever fell asleep playing out of boredom. Hey at least those faces look great, right? Yeah, not so much.

im sorry there weren't enough explosions or planes or epic jet packs or anything, sir
  • M0rk, Cosworth, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

IV is backwards compatbility, the same 2008 game running on a special "emulator", this is an actual remaster.

Thank you, now I need to buy an xbone :/

I'd love to see a full remaster with the same treatment like GTA V got. I can only dream.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Pininfarina
  • Pininfarina

Lusso

• Facade Corporation
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I'm super excited that it's getting a remaster (even though I too would've preferred GTA IV to receive one)! I can't wait to be driving these beauties again :)

Delahaye-135M-Figoni-and-Falaschi-Cabrio

38-Phantom-Corsair-LA-Noire-680x419.jpg

Unruly
  • Unruly

Black Jesus

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A week ago

If there's gonna be a GTA IV remaster happening, don't start waiting on it until next year when it turns 10.

Hyped for this new L.A Noire though, as soon as the pre-orders pop up I'm innnnn.

• EVOLUT7ON, Roger Cheeto, fashion and 3 others like this

Unruly
  • Unruly

Black Jesus

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Unruly, A week ago.

Don't understand how they can put LA Noire on both but only have IV on the Xbox one months ago. They need to get IV on PS4 ASAP and include the DLC stories as well. 

Microsoft definitely threw some money R*'s way.

They exclusivity deal they have now is with Sony, so what I think, is that Xbox got the backwards compatibility version early, whilst us PS players get a full remaster at a later date (April 2018).

• VictorVince1239 likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

Microsoft definitely threw some money R*'s way.

They exclusivity deal they have now is with Sony, so what I think, is that Xbox got the backwards compatibility version early, whilst us PS players get a full remaster at a later date (April 2018).
There are some serious backwards compatibility issues between PS3 and PS4. They can't just use a simple emulator and touch the graphics up a little like xbox.

At least that's what I've heard. The process isn't as simple.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I guess that's why they came up with the lame Playstation Now for PS3 games on PS4. 

• fashion likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Already have the complete edition for PC, but it's nice that PS4 and XB1 players can now experience it - in even better quality than before!

I wonder if they're planning to remaster GTA IV as well, a while back the activity feed on the PS4 showed a TLAD logo instead of the GTA V logo.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I loved L.A. Noire when it first came out.  I played the hell out of it and returned it about 4.5 weeks later when I got platinum (I slowed down after about 2.5 weeks) and also completed the 1st DLC that came with pre-ordering the game.  I might pick this up down the road on a sale or a price drop because I would essentially be buying it so I can play the DLC cases that I didn't buy (because they weren't available by the time I returned the game). 

I'm all for remasters and such, especially for a game that was ahead of it's time when it was released.  L.A. Noire had so many new technologies that were resource intensive that the game, while I loved the story, had a lot left to be desired in terms of graphics in a lot of places.  Along with some of the driving characteristics (though, to be honest...those cars drove crappy because they were made over a half-century ago) and the audio that could be upgraded, it's definitely a title deserving of taking advantage of the 8th gen consoles. 

And no, we don't need a RDRedemption Remake (unless you're on PC)...they just need to release RDRedemption2 already.

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

wow, that's really awesome! because I didn't get to play it. but I've seen a few gameplays. seems like a cool game. the facial animations just blew my mind. can't wait to get my hands on this game.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

Didn't Rockstar say they never wanted to work with Team Bondi anymore?

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Percodans and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I know I'm late to this post but I honestly can't wait! 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016

Posted A week ago

Didn't Rockstar say they never wanted to work with Team Bondi anymore?

Team Bondi doesn't even exist anymore and LA Noire was practically R*'s game at the end. They're doing this themselves, they own the game.

• Acetaminophen and Ivan1997GTA like this

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Veroder, A week ago.

I would've prefered remasters of IV and RDR, but this is also cool I guess. I thought the game was a bit dull when I last played it on PS3, but I might give it another shot.

And no, we don't need a RDRedemption Remake (unless you're on PC)...they just need to release RDRedemption2 already.

bth.gif

• Plank., Acetaminophen, Ivan1997GTA and 2 others like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Percodans and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I would've prefered remasters of IV and RDR, but this is also cool I guess. I thought the game was a bit dull when I last played it on PS3, but I might give it another shot.

bth.gif

We really do need GTA 4 on current gen.

Plank.
  • Plank.

Resident NEET

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Aww yeeeeaaahhh. I hope they take the time to add a little more to do after the storyline, as well as better driving physics. That'd make it a 10/10 for me.

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Maibatsu545, A week ago.

im sorry there weren't enough explosions or planes or epic jet packs or anything, sir

Nah, I don't mind slower paced games, in fact I love old school adventure games. LA Noire is just boring though. Boring story that goes nowhere interspersed with Cole Phelps slowly rotating a spoon his hand he picked up at a crime scene before turning around and screaming at the perp even though the player only wanted him to apply a little bit of pressure to him instead. I dunno, I find the sleuthing mechanics super lacking, and it just makes for a boring experience.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Aww yeeeeaaahhh. I hope they take the time to add a little more to do after the storyline, as well as better driving physics. That'd make it a 10/10 for me.

Assuming you're talking about IV no thanks. Atleast not a stand alone replacement however an option to switch over to V controls or something similar to it for those fans is fine with me i suppose. However I want the complete GTA IV experience again with those original driving mechanics included. 

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

I guess that's why they came up with the lame Playstation Now for PS3 games on PS4. 

A bit off topic but PS Now is utter crap unless you have the best internet connection possible. It's a laggy service that kicks you out of the game when the connection isn't stable and you need to wait in lines if the servers are busy. For 15 bucks a month this service is unacceptable. They can add as many games as the want, it won't change the fact that it's a broken system. It's so much more valuable to just buy an used PS3 and used games and keep them forever.

Big titles like LA Noire, Red Dead and the recently added Fallout 3 and New Vegas require a lot of your time which you modt likely won't be done with in a month unless you rush. Better to just buy the games.
  • VictorVince1239 likes this

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Can someone please tell me why in the damn hell the PC version isn't getting the graphics update???

• Yoona likes this

Unruly
  • Unruly

Black Jesus

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Who else owned LA Noire for the 360 and remembers it being on 3 discs?

It got a little annoying have to switch discs every two chapters or so. 

• Azazel, Roger Cheeto, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users