161 replies to this topic
BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 2 weeks ago

I like to think Rockstar is trying to kill two birds with one stone here, if L.A Noire sell well then the chances for a sequel and remasters of other Rockstar games will get the go ahead

Yeah, I'm hoping for a GTA IV remaster with better performance and GFWL removed.
GTA IV remaster? They cannot have that cannibalise V and Online. It already had it own Prime.

holding new games back in some way because they could "damage" GTA:O would have the opposite effect, it would damage their games and thus their sales/reputation.

How is GTA IV new games?

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

It doesn't matter what it is, it doesn't change the fact that not doing things because it could damage GTA:O is backward thinking.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BLOOD, 2 weeks ago.

It doesn't matter what it is, it doesn't change the fact that not doing things because it could damage GTA:O is backward thinking.

GTA IV remastered when GTA V is on top of every sales chart? If V had not sold 80 million and was doing badly then i get that (similar to Call of Duty MW remastered to support sale of Infinite Warfare) but that not the case here so it just a crazy idea. Any Non-GTA titles remastered will make sense.

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA IV remastered when GTA V is on top of every sales chart? If V had not sold 80 million and was doing badly then i get that (similar to Call of Duty MW remastered to support sale of Infinite Warfare) but that not the case here so it just a crazy idea. Any Non-GTA titles remastered will make sense.
That's why I say according to my theory R* is going to bring liberty city to V for the 10 year anniversary aka next year. That's just a theory tho

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well it's a good thing that any money a IV remaster would make goes into Rockstar/Take-Two's pockets isn't it? Besides, generations are long and there's no doubt a ton of people whose first GTA was V and would buy an IV remaster, plus those who would go back to replay it again. The idea makes perfect sense.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

True that but i think a collection of all 15 GTA titles will be cash-cow. With the 2D titles completely remake/remastered.

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is there any reason R* haven't already given us a trailer, or comparison screenshots for this yet?

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is there any reason R* haven't already given us a trailer, or comparison screenshots for this yet?

They are prepping it up..The company have 1.1k employees doing different stuffs.

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's why I say according to my theory R* is going to bring liberty city to V for the 10 year anniversary aka next year. That's just a theory tho

meh i dont think so they will prob put gta iv on sale or something :(

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am currently watching Logan will be cool to see Rockstar Toronto making a Wolverine Game.

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by mombo2811, 2 weeks ago.

I am currently watching Logan will be cool to see Rockstar Toronto making a Wolverine Game.

their busy making on bully 2........... I hope

• BLOOD and .Emmi like this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 2 weeks ago

their busy making on bully 2........... I hope

I hope so too ... Bully 2 has to be next after L.A. Noire Remaster and RDR2.

• BLOOD likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://twitter.com/...863198120411136

L.A. Noire is not being ported by R*.

• Tomasak likes this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 2 weeks ago

'Virtuos has worked on all your favourite games including Final Fantasy X & XII, Uncharted 4, Horizon, Injustice 2, Watch Dogs 2, Halo 5 etc.'

How is that to be understood?! Isn't Uncharted 4 from Naughty Dog, Horizon from Guerilla Games, ...

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Developers will often hire small studios to assist, or to do things like ports. Not unusual.

• Spider-Vice and mombo2811 like this

Underrated Unknown
  • Underrated Unknown

Made For People Just Like You: Individuals.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

'Virtuos has worked on all your favourite games including Final Fantasy X & XII, Uncharted 4, Horizon, Injustice 2, Watch Dogs 2, Halo 5 etc.'

How is that to be understood?! Isn't Uncharted 4 from Naughty Dog, Horizon from Guerilla Games, ...

It's (probably) the outsouced Switch version (without the graphical updates), not the other in-house versions.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 2 weeks ago.

You would be interested in knowing R* outsources a whole lot. Every AAA dev does.

http://www.goatiouts...m/projects.html

https://sperasoft.co...ft-auto-v-live/

https://www.tttc.ca/team/terence-wong/

Even their Technicolour unit is outsourced, before they did their own R* India: http://www.technicol...clips_final.pdf

There's plenty more. It's not uncommon. Even in-house projects have outsourced assets and work.

• BLOOD likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

never liked virtous ports. Ezio collection has f*cked up color filters, like they swapped them between games and Return to arkham has some weird models for chars (not to mention it has uncapped framerate which fluctuates between 20 to 60FPS)

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

he blocked me on twitter because i said he should stop tweeting about china  

• theGTAking101 and BLOOD like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

R* India is a studio (their 8th or 9th) though..legally Rockstar Interactive India LLP.

EDIT: R* have 8 development studios vs Ubisoft with 34 development studios and it seems like the latter does alot of outsourcing.

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://twitter.com/...242806787403777

Tune in Sept. 13 @ 3pm PT for a new Nintendo Direct featuring upcoming #NintendoSwitch and #3DS titles.

Maybe we will get some gameplay of LA Noire on the switch?

• Tomasak likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://twitter.com/...242806787403777

Tune in Sept. 13 @ 3pm PT for a new Nintendo Direct featuring upcoming #NintendoSwitch and #3DS titles.

Maybe we will get some gameplay of LA Noire on the switch?

I doubt that (but could be wrong).

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

i doubt you

DJXsVN5UIAYTL8F.jpg

• Darealbandicoot and Ivan1997GTA like this

IG_
  • IG_

Thug

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by IG_, 2 weeks ago.

Are you sure that's the message to get from the Tweet, that Rockstar is not porting L.A. Noire? Or am I missing something here?

Given that Virtuos seems to have been outsourced to assist on many games like Uncharted 4, Halo 5, Watch Dogs 2 etc, it seems that this might very well be the case for L.A. Noire as well? Rockstar Studios might be the leading developers behind L.A. Noire's port, with this company Virtuos being outsourced for various works that also need to be done.

• BLOOD likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 2 weeks ago.

Are you sure that's the message to get from the Tweet, that Rockstar is not porting L.A. Noire? Or am I missing something here?

Given that Virtuos seems to have been outsourced to assist on many games like Uncharted 4, Halo 5, Watch Dogs 2 etc, it seems that this might very well be the case for L.A. Noire as well? Rockstar Studios might be the leading developers behind L.A. Noire's port, with this company Virtuos being outsourced for various works that also need to be done.

L.A. Noire is on their company portfolio on LinkedIn since announcement. They're the ones porting it to Switch because R* doesn't really have expertise with Switch or the ARM (same as smartphones) platform, as even the mobile GTA's were ported by someone else.

• IG_, BLOOD and Ivan1997GTA like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

It just the Switch version..

JamesG
  • JamesG

GoodFellas

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Toronto are making Bully 2.

Rockstar Games New York are making NY Noire. 

Unrelated to quoted post, but to contribute to this thread - I have a suspicion that Rockstar are working on the next game of the series. They're remastering LA Noire to "shake the tree and see what falls out", to see if there's still any interest in the series, or create more interest so that when people see a new Noire game they think "Wow, I liked the previous one I played a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to this!"

Rockstar don't seem (to me) like the type of guys who would do something like this without a good reason. LA Noire wasn't exactly their best seller. It's more of a cult classic. So yeah, I think they're doing this to test the waters and see if it will be worth while finishing the next Noire game. I assume Rockstar acquired the facial tech from Team Bondi when they closed, and the fact that Rockstar are doing this remaster suggests that they own all the rights to the Noire franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something revealed in about two years from now.

But either way, LA Noire is a masterpiece, I still play it to this day (I last played through the story a few months ago). So I'm hugely excited for this remaster. Improved graphics, textures, and sky (from the GTA V engine updates, I assume), 4K, new stuff. I normally don't go for remasters if I already have the game. But this one, this one I will get!

"Sometimes you have to shake the tree to see what falls out." - Cole Phelps

• theGTAking101 and BLOOD like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by BLOOD, A week ago.

Unrelated to quoted post, but to contribute to this thread - I have a suspicion that Rockstar are working on the next game of the series. They're remastering LA Noire to "shake the tree and see what falls out", to see if there's still any interest in the series, or create more interest so that when people see a new Noire game they think "Wow, I liked the previous one I played a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to this!"

Rockstar don't seem (to me) like the type of guys who would do something like this without a good reason. LA Noire wasn't exactly their best seller. It's more of a cult classic. So yeah, I think they're doing this to test the waters and see if it will be worth while finishing the next Noire game. I assume Rockstar acquired the facial tech from Team Bondi when they closed, and the fact that Rockstar are doing this remaster suggests that they own all the rights to the Noire franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something revealed in about two years from now.

But either way, LA Noire is a masterpiece, I still play it to this day (I last played through the story a few months ago). So I'm hugely excited for this remaster. Improved graphics, textures, and sky (from the GTA V engine updates, I assume), 4K, new stuff. I normally don't go for remasters if I already have the game. But this one, this one I will get!

Cool. It also great to know that Rockstar New York (Rockstar Games New York or Rockstar NYC) is just to Rockstar Games the way Ubisoft Paris is to Ubisoft. In that it a development studio inside an HQ.

Spider-Vice: If the three labels synergy start taking shape then sister label/company Social Point will be developing and publishing GTA titles on mobile devices and also putting mobile versions of NBA and WWE out as well even though they will be making their own titles like sequels to Dragon City, Monster Legends or newer titles the first under Take-Two Interactive ownership being League of Dragons.

JamesG
  • JamesG

GoodFellas

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by JamesG, A week ago.

Cool. It also great to know that Rockstar New York (Rockstar Games New York or Rockstar NYC) is just to Rockstar Games the way Ubisoft Paris is to Ubisoft. In that it a development studio inside an HQ.

Isn't the one in New York their main headquarters for "Rockstar Games"? That's the one which is Rockstar Games, and the others are like Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar North, etc. 

I'm pretty sure Rockstar North did most of the GTA stuff and San Diego do Red Dead? 

Anyway, my theory is that if the next Noire game is in New York, then it'll make sense to have a team in their New York studio to be the main people developing it. 

• BLOOD likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago Edited by Spider-Vice, A week ago.

New York doesn't have a very extensive development team though. They have a few programmers, but they do mostly mocap, animation and QA there. All the other studios are the ones who focus in the "meat" of the games. Nowadays all studios work on a game, divided by teams within each studio, with obviously one studio being the lead. LA Noire, other than Team Bondi, was led by North and Leeds I think. Leeds especially for the PC version as they ported it. If North is doing GTA VI and whatever else though, then they might transfer the leadership elsewhere I guess.

• BLOOD likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users