Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:02 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 07 September 2017 - 01:04 PM.

Today, we're proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Alongside these three new console versions, we're taking our first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE. 

Set against the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of decorated veteran and newly minted detective Cole Phelps as he investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. Plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, these versions capture the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

For more information, visit the updated website at rockstargames.com/lanoire and keep an eye out for more from L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files and L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One both there and at the Newswire in the weeks ahead.

http://www.rockstarg...ing-November-14

• Duxfever, RedDagger, UltraGizmo64 and 6 others like this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

Ahhhhhhh I'm marking bro, YEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Somewhere in the world is a man called Yan sitting back comfortably in his chair thinking "told ya."

• SchizNitz, Yan2295, UltraGizmo64 and 6 others like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

OHMY GOD the rumours were true! 😲 My faith in Rockstar games is hereby officially restored! 😄

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

... and he also told us Bully 2 is next after RDR2 ... OMG I'm losing my sh*t, he might be the real insider after all!
  • UltraGizmo64 and AUScowboy like this

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

So, is this a remaster or just a port?

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

So, is this a remaster or just a port?

Sounds like a remaster on PS4/XB1 and a port with exclusive features for the Switch.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:15 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 07 September 2017 - 01:15 PM.

Remastered on the PS4 and Xbox One, along with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions. Same version as before on the Switch, and a VR tailored version.

Edit: ninja'd

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

Curious to see how the enhancements are going to look, as well as the new features for Switch.

If it's anything like their previously enhanced games, we probably won't get it on PC. Maybe it will be a free patch, but that's being optimistic and they probably would have mentioned something like it.

Well, it's all exciting news, nonetheless.
  • SchizNitz and Pastry like this

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

There I was a few months ago, dismissing these rumors just like any other usual "RDR coming to PC?" clickbait nonsense... 

Thank f*ck I was wrong.

• SchizNitz likes this

katorosa
  • katorosa

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

I thought Rockstar wasn't into the whole remastering games idea? Anyway neato, I hope GTAIV is next in line

• SchizNitz, assCRACK_98, Zello and 2 others like this

SchizNitz
  • SchizNitz

yo

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

I like the new cover art and logo, the Switch and Vive VR versions sound cool, but the PS4 and Xbone versions feel a little unnecessary..

Kinda would've preferred Max Payne 3 to be remastered so I could play through it again, but LA Noire is decent enough. Just wish we had screenshots to compare it to the previous versions.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

I thought Rockstar wasn't into the whole remastering games idea? Anyway neato, I hope GTAIV is next in line

They remastered GTA V, have done "enhanced" (I use the word lightly to describe them) SD era GTA titles on mobile and I think console. Definitely not against it.

• SchizNitz, UltraGizmo64 and katorosa like this

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

This!!! Holy sh*t this!!!! The graphical differences between IV and V, are out of this world. IV SORELY NEEDS a remaster.
  • SchizNitz, assCRACK_98 and katorosa like this

katorosa
  • katorosa

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

I hope they remove that damn 30fps cap on the PC version lmao

Salulard
  • Salulard

Work, ya damn nag! 🎖

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Hope yet that we will get RDR Remaster. As for L.A Noire, great to see as it is sorely under rated. Waiting for tht ClickbaitFTW to make a 20 hour video on this ⌚
  • Corndawg93 likes this

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:32 PM Edited by gamerzworld, 07 September 2017 - 01:42 PM.

Meh - outside of possibly the VR and Switch versions, seems somewhat underwhelming to me. Once the main story line was completed, the majority of the fantastic recreation of LA went unused. Why not add some new content such as the entire desks that were cut to meet development deadlines? Cynically, given Take-Two's turn for the almighty dollar at any cost, they probably will end up releasing new desks as DLC.

Not to mention given that the ports release in just a few months time, and we already know the contents of the game, why not release screenshots or video?

• Jestic, SchizNitz and confederatestatesgta like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

lol

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069800174

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

I enjoyed L.A.Noire on PS3. It's one of its kind. I will seriously consider rebuying it on PS4 provided that the visual enhancements are noticeably better.
  • AUScowboy, mombo2811 and Holland_Hicks like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Could have picked a better game out of their library.

Midnight club
Bully
3, VC and SA

LA Noire, while a decent game, had a messy development and it showed during the game.
  • SchizNitz likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

Could have picked a better game out of their library.

Midnight club
Bully
3, VC and SA

LA Noire, while a decent game, had a messy development and it showed during the game.

The only game there that could be remastered in the way LA Noire has been is Midnight Club LA, the others would all have to be complete remakes. With LA Noire they're just bumping up the resolution, textures and doing some behind  the scenes improvements, it's much easier than what they'd have to do for the others.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Greatness!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

I enjoyed L.A.Noire on PS3. It's one of its kind. I will seriously consider rebuying it on PS4 provided that the visual enhancements are noticeably better.

agreed, i like LA Noire, but it wasn't a game i was urging to replay after finishing it. 

• SchizNitz and Holland_Hicks like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

where the fk is the pc remaster? its runs like sh*t atm. i refuse to play on consoles.

• mombo2811 likes this

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

where the fk is the pc remaster? its runs like sh*t atm. i refuse to play on consoles.

pc what??

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

This is awesome, I was hoping they'd get around to this! Now we need IV, RDR and Midnight Club in that order. I Really hope IV is next..

CantaloupDRMC
  • CantaloupDRMC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

Oh dude please no. We definitely need a remastered edition of GTA SA. But I guess that would be just too much work given that they would have to create a whole new game, considering it wasn't made during the HD era. 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

Will it be digital or can we go out and buy it?

I really really want IV next

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

redy 2 die

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:24 PM

Oh dude please no. We definitely need a remastered edition of GTA SA. But I guess that would be just too much work given that they would have to create a whole new game, considering it wasn't made during the HD era. 
SA has been ported too many times, and each time it gets worse, so no thanks.

IV would be a great addition to the new console libraries.

CantaloupDRMC
  • CantaloupDRMC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

SA has been ported too many times, and each time it gets worse, so no thanks.

IV would be a great addition to the new console libraries.

They just ported it. They never made a remastered version of it. Graphics still look sh*tty nowadays. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users