GTA1 Download

104 replies to this topic
Erald Coil
  • Erald Coil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Milk_Time @ May 28 2006, 19:48)
I've got a problem, that's different from the others I've seen here. (at least in the way it won't work.)

When I extract the setup files in the C:/Temp folder, and start up SetUp.exe, I get an error message that shows up for a fraction of a second, then dissappears. I've managed to take a screenshot of it.

http://img510.images...25/error1ip.jpg

Can someone help me out?

I have the same problem.
Anybody figure out a fix? It doesn't even say what file is missing...!

ImBen27
  • ImBen27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:48 AM

I downloaded GTA and GTA2 from Rockstar Classics, but neither of them will run. I'm running XP Pro SP2. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600, DirectX 9.0c.

With GTA I get an error box that says "MGL Fatal Error! Error 268.473 Cannot find a suitable display mode".

With GTA2, the GTA2 Manager says "No suitable graphics card can be found." If I run GTA2 itself, I get a black screen, followed by the sound of a car screeching to a halt, and then the computer freezes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm dying to play!

MShadows
  • MShadows

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

hi, im new here, i have a problem with the gta1 download dont think its being mentioned before,

it downloaded fine and the game starts up fine up to the mission list view, but when i start the actual mission the screen goes all fuzzy and i cant see anything in detail, its prob something minor thats messing it up can anyone point me in the right direction, ta guys, M

UnbelievablyBovine
  • UnbelievablyBovine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:09 AM

I downloaded and installed GTA, ran the settings program (all normal here) and ran the game. The menus work fine but in the game the image is all messed up, heaps blurry, distorted and whatnot. I'd have a screenshot for you but for some reason screenshots always turn out fine. Any advice?

TCF
  • TCF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

i have the same problem, i managed to make a screenie

user posted image

hope someone has a solution

TCF

rezawinandar
  • rezawinandar

GTA Anthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

I want to download PSX version, where can I find it? ISO file please and mail me to [email protected]

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

The PSX version isn't legal to distribute. The PC version is much better anyway.

goodiesguy
  • goodiesguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Mod Note :- Don't post torrent links on this board - cc

PC Version

sozzoll
  • sozzoll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

My friend told me about this, i went crazy, GTA 1 was awesome, so i went on rockstar.com and downloaded. I extracted all of the installer stuff, now there is a folder called GTAINSTALLER(1). Then when i try to run the installer it take a while to get going and when it does it comes up with a box in the center of the screen saying i have to extract something else.

Anyway i deleted it and im trying again, if i run into problems again ill put a more detailed explanation on here

Leotec
  • Leotec

[AU]LionHeart

• Members

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the post =D

AFX
  • AFX

"My mother's my sister"

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:31 PM Edited by AFX, 25 September 2009 - 08:04 PM.

This is great! I remember playing this game years ago and now it's free... smile.gif

Edit: I can't download the game! I complete the information requested on the website but it won't give me a link or something.

Edit2: Nevermind! I found it somewhere else.

gillo1987
  • gillo1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Erald Coil @ May 2 2008, 20:46)
QUOTE (Milk_Time @ May 28 2006, 19:48)
I've got a problem, that's different from the others I've seen here. (at least in the way it won't work.)

When I extract the setup files in the C:/Temp folder, and start up SetUp.exe, I get an error message that shows up for a fraction of a second, then dissappears. I've managed to take a screenshot of it.

http://img510.images...25/error1ip.jpg

Can someone help me out?

I have the same problem.
Anybody figure out a fix? It doesn't even say what file is missing...!

If any one is still trying, 2011 now, lol.
I had this problem too. I solved it by using command.com, the more DOS friendly form of cmd.exe. Problem is I didn't have a clue what the old style name for the GTAINSTALLER directory was, DIR did not help. Got around this by renaming it to GTA in explorer. Problem solved. The commands in case you don't know:
Start, Run, enter- command.com
in command.com enter the following:
cd.. (enter)
cd.. (enter[should be at c:\ now])
cd temp (enter)
cd gta (enter)
setup.exe (enter)

Hope this helps

GTAxSanAndreas
  • GTAxSanAndreas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

I'll send my form because I'm wanting to see what Grand Theft Auto 1 was like... seriously!!!

Arcade-kids
  • Arcade-kids

The taste of gaming. Respect!

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

After I run GTA 1 for the first time it works, but the second time it doesn't work anymore. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and my model is a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5300 laptop. I tried using GTA 1 launcher but it does not work. Sory if I bumped.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

If the launcher doesn't work then try the fixer http://gtamp.com/gta1/. You have to run it every time and it needs write access to the GTA1 folder, so try installing to your documents folder or c:\games\gta1\.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users