About the IBM Thinkpad

1 reply to this topic
micaiahisawesome
  • micaiahisawesome

GTA Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

The IBM Thinkpad is a laptop IBM used to fall in love with. It ran from 1992-2005. It supported Windows 3.1-Windows XP. It comes with a TrackPointer that let's you move the mouse around (until a specific trackpad came in, although it can still be used). I like this laptop, and my dad is gonna buy me one soon to test out (along with the AC Adapter, as it needs to be charged if the battery (known as "fuel") is running low). When it was first introduced in 1992, there was no TrackPointer. As a result, an extensional IBM mouse is required (The TrackPointer was added later in 1992).

Any comments about the IBM Thinkpad? Post them here.

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

if i remember right (which i may not as it's been a while since i've been on 4chan) thinkpads (not sure if just ibm or the lenovo ones) are still pretty popular over on 4chans technology board as they're cheap to buy on ebay, have pretty good build quality and you can easily chuck a ssd in there. i'd be slightly sceptical of buying a 2005 or older laptop but hey give it a shot - ssd, maybe a little ram upgrade plus a linux distro and you'll have a somewhat competent laptop.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users