Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you feel any shame for destroying rival cargo/supplies?

252 replies to this topic
gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:37 PM Edited by gtafan26, 05 September 2017 - 10:52 PM.

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

That's the thing I get stuck on. People glitch to solo sessions to grind for money to buy the latest weaponised vehicles, molotok, rogue, eventually hunter etc. but for what purpose?

To do stuff like headhunter (savage, valkyrie if im with a buddy), hostile takeover (buzzard), general fast travel (hydra, buzzard), cargo missions (basicly every single one of them delending on the mission. When im with my crew i use my hydra as protection (you never know who joins your friendly lobby) or a fast way to transport stuff, we take my annihilator or my insurgent custom to travel together as an org. These things have so many uses that a far from PvP.
  • Goingcrowd9 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

sausagenose
  • sausagenose

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

I don't feel any shame for destroying rivals stuff....because I don't ever do it.....anyone who does is a total **** in my book. R* make it hard enough to grind in this game, so adding to that pain by willfully destroying other peoples stuff is pathetic.

Of course R* tell you to do it - BECAUSE THEY WANT YOU TO DO IT FOR THEIR OWN GREEDY REASONS FFS

• rlk232, ALLWORLD19, Goingcrowd9 and 3 others like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

That's the thing I get stuck on. People glitch to solo sessions to grind for money to buy the latest weaponised vehicles, molotok, rogue, eventually hunter etc. but for what purpose?

To do stuff like headhunter (savage, valkyrie if im with a buddy), hostile takeover (buzzard), general fast travel (hydra, buzzard), cargo missions (basicly every single one of them delending on the mission. When im with my crew i use my hydra as protection (you never know who joins your friendly lobby) or a fast way to transport stuff, we take my annihilator or my insurgent custom to travel together as an org. These things have so many uses that a far from PvP.

So you're saying people actually use the Rogue or Molotok for Headhunter? Interesting... I doubt it since the hydra/buzzard is by far the faster and easy way to go but sure, let's say you want the OP toys to do the VIP work you have been doing successfully with toys you have owned for 2 years...

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

...I don't shoot people down for the money and RP, I do it because I like getting into dogfights. And this way, I get a dogfight with extra benefits if I win.  

This. Own it.

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

^Well why not? Havent flown a molotok yet but I think it is possible that people use this thing for headhunter. Why not change things up a bit instead of using the same vehicle all the time?
  • Goingcrowd9 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:09 AM Edited by We Are Ninja, 06 September 2017 - 11:15 AM.

So you're saying people actually use the Rogue or Molotok for Headhunter? Interesting... I doubt it since the hydra/buzzard is by far the faster and easy way to go but sure, let's say you want the OP toys to do the VIP work you have been doing successfully with toys you have owned for 2 years...

He could use the same argument against you. Why earn money for the latest vehicles, when the old vehicles serve you well? Why does anyone need any of the new planes when a Hydra can shoot all of them out of the sky all day long?

Not everyone is out for rando blood like you. Everyone that plays the game wants the newest, shiniest toys. It's almost like you can't wrap your head around the fact that not everyone is a bloodthirsty killer...
  • hei3enberg, dieseltech20, Amy Vinewood and 4 others like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

The mental gymnastics people perform to justify being an asshat.

I don't think. I just attack. Relentless is the best way.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

^Well why not? Havent flown a molotok yet but I think it is possible that people use this thing for headhunter. Why not change things up a bit instead of using the same vehicle all the time?

Good luck with that...

DarkForkner
  • DarkForkner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

I never bother to destroy people's shipments because the reward is so little. It's not worth the effort even if they're on the next street from me. It might be part of the game and valid gameplay, but for me, you're still a d*ck if you chase someone down for two-f*cking-grand. If the rewards were worthwhile, I wouldn't complain if someone did it to me. I'd still be annoyed, sure, but I wouldn't complain, because I'd actively do it for better reward too.

What I will confess to doing, though, is stealing people's vehicle cargo, but only when they're sourcing it and delivering to their warehouse. When they're exporting you can only get 5k for taking it to a cop shop. Not worth it. However, when I'm notified that someone is sourcing a vehicle I go straight to my vehicle warehouse - the cheapest one - because 9 times out of 10 that person has the same warehouse. I watch the map and wait. When they're on the final stretch of the freeway, I go off radar, wait on the driveway and shoot the poor unsuspecting player as they drive around the corner. Then I hop in and drive the car 5 feet into the warehouse. Easy.

I do this because the reward is more significant. 30k, 50k or 80k (depending on damages). But I also do it because it's so damn hilarious and amusing to me and I'll never get bored of it. Despite having the cheapest vehicle warehouse that almost everyone else has, it's never happened to me. I'm super careful in a populated lobby to make sure no one is up to the same tricks as me. It's very rare anyone tries. So that's why I'll never trade in this warehouse for a "safer" location. Never happens to me and I've only got to drive a matter of feet once I take the other player's car.

What also makes it even funnier, is the texts I receive afterwards from said player. Or the fact that they're so annoyed they want to get back at you somehow, but there is no immediate way to do so while you're in the warehouse. So the only thing they can do to release frustration is to destroy whatever personal vehicle you have outside, meaning they end up losing more money in insurance  :lol: .

varulven
  • varulven

GTA Race Crew

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

'The first sign of stupidity is the complete lack of shame'This is a bunch of pixels, first world morality.

• rlk232 likes this

MarczXD
  • MarczXD

Xbox One Player

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

I dont like to destroy other's people fun and in the end make enemies, i destroyed a cargo only once, and i regret since then.

• CobraX likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

Good luck with that...

Cant be harder than doing this with an annihilator. Sure the annihilator can hover in a place but the molotok has rockets so headhunter should not be such a big problem with a molotok.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:41 PM Edited by Big Molio, 06 September 2017 - 04:42 PM.

I never bother to destroy people's shipments because the reward is so little. It's not worth the effort even if they're on the next street from me. It might be part of the game and valid gameplay, but for me, you're still a d*ck if you chase someone down for two-f*cking-grand.

<snip>

But I also do it (camp and steal cars - BM) because it's so damn hilarious and amusing to me and I'll never get bored of it.

What also makes it even funnier, is the texts I receive afterwards from said player.

Maybe those who blow up shipments do it because to them it is damn hilarious and they never get bored of it?
  • Brick Top likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

Even sweeter when it's a player you hate or members of a crew that lie about you.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

If you're delivering cargo in a public session, expect to get attacked. Otherwise, stay in solo lobbies.

• gtafan26, hei3enberg and DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

9 times out of ten it doesn't interest me to blow up someone's grind for 2k. Since F&F I have only blown up one shipment and that was a gun running delivery when they shot first at me. These days if I'm just minding my own business and a organization or mc wants to jump on me then I don't care. After they get bored and leave me alone I'll patiently wait until they start a delivery and lay waste with my jets cannons. Message the leader a heart icon then leave the session ;)
  • hkboondoggle, gtafan26, hei3enberg and 2 others like this

SPECTER II
  • SPECTER II

I create rigged races

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

I feel glorious because I only do it to people who deserve it :)
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:10 AM

I had 2 Hunters as a sale mission. Some guy decided to destroy one of them that was just landed at the base. I'm not sure he realized there was another one lol, and that by destroying that one he'd freed up enough time for me to use it on him.

Just had to do it, you know? Hurting a defenceless sleeping Hunter like that? That needed punishing.

• gtafan26, hei3enberg, Arrows to Athens and 8 others like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

I had 2 Hunters as a sale mission. Some guy decided to destroy one of them that was just landed at the base. I'm not sure he realized there was another one lol, and that by destroying that one he'd freed up enough time for me to use it on him.

Just had to do it, you know? Hurting a defenceless sleeping Hunter like that? That needed punishing.

These kids gon learn today....they gon learn today mmm hmmmm

• gtafan26, hei3enberg, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:32 AM

If you go after and destroy other players stuff that they spent a long time and resources to accumulate with which they hope to make money with, your just being pawns in Rockstar hands to keep players broke in hopes of getting shark card sales. It may be a multiplayer game but that doesn't mean you have to be a bully and ruin somebody else's gameplay. The little money you get from wrecking somebody's stuff isn't the reason your going after them, you just want to be a jerk, and this game encourages that. You might not realize it, but in life you reap what you sow. Maybe you know it as "What goes around, comes around" or as karma or whatever but if you live long enough you will see that you will get paid back for being a jerk and mistreating people.
I've been playing since 2013, and I've never cared for PVP on GTA. Killing NPCs is fun but they aren't real people so your not hurting a real person when your having your fun.I would rather help someone succeed in the game and get the stuff they want than try to hurt them and so doing, help greedy Rockstar get richer. Screw that.
  • Goingcrowd9, Voodoo-Hendrix, Luigi22 and 2 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

• hei3enberg, alkaline_, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 5 others like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:40 AM

No, it´s fun to make them rage. :)

• DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin likes this

Brick Top
  • Brick Top

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:49 AM Edited by Brick Top, 07 September 2017 - 02:49 AM.

It has happened to me, getting my slow *** Tug boat destroyed by a guy doing a simple strafe in a lazer in just a matter of seconds. So... should I feel ashamed if I did the same upon someone else ? Not really nah. I learned to live with this. And it made me more aware of my surroundings when doing sh*t in a pub lobby.

• rlk232 likes this

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:05 AM

Dont be a douche and blow up other peoples stuff up, as that just helps ckstar sell more sharkies.

• gtafan26, Big Molio, Goingcrowd9 and 3 others like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:22 AM

no offence , but destroying other ppl´s Cargo/supply is a b*tch move ... something what kiddies without any interests/goals/even skills would do..

"destroy cargos to get $ & Rp" : as if you get so much money doing that bullsh**: 2k for beeing annoying ? just play the game , mind your business (CEO / bikers businesses , literally ) , or just play the game (double $ & Rp Game modes) .... or just sell some NPC sentinels or sandkings ...

• Goingcrowd9, Gtapizzadouche14, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

I've only used a proximity mine once, and it was on dude's special crate. I felt so bad I never used one again.

What I do, especially now, is fly very low in passive over people doing runs just to be annoying. The hang glider with OTR lets me take that to a new level.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:14 AM Edited by Big Molio, 07 September 2017 - 04:14 AM.

I wonder how many players who lose a shipment actually think "Oh no, now I'll have to buy a shark card" ?

Along with "people who do it are being a griefer / dick / douche / noob" etc, trying to label players who go after deliveries as Rockstar's shark card patsies is just another pejorative, in the hope that this will deter them.

People will buy shark cards because they want to buy shark cards. Simple as.

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:30 AM Edited by rlk232, 07 September 2017 - 04:34 AM.

I wonder how many players who lose a shipment actually think "Oh no, now I'll have to buy a shark card" ?
Along with "people who do it are being a griefer / dick / douche / noob" etc, trying to label players who go after deliveries as Rockstar's shark card patsies is just another pejorative, in the hope that this will deter them.

You are right, they don't all buy shark cards, some of them quit the game. But I have talked to a couple people who didn't know any tricks and had few friends ever on in game, so he could only make money by missions before he met me. Dude bought like 4 sharkies, he said when on sale, and he spent over $250 usd on like $35m of in game money. I have made 46 mill from crates and 42 mill from gunrunning. If he knew all I know, probably wouldn't have donked off real dollars. Give it to the Red Cross ffs!

Basically, I did the same thing on a far smaller level, like $30 on a couple sale shark cards when I first started online bc I was annoyed with the time investment while working 55 hrs a week. I give my tips and tricks to anyone non douche who will listen. None of it is magic, just bits of common sense strung together.

Take time to help your fellow players, eff k/d. This is how to get back at cokstar, folks.
  • We Are Ninja, hei3enberg, Gtapizzadouche14 and 4 others like this

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:56 AM

You are right, they don't all buy shark cards, some of them quit the game. But I have talked to a couple people who didn't know any tricks and had few friends ever on in game, so he could only make money by missions before he met me. Dude bought like 4 sharkies, he said when on sale, and he spent over $250 usd on like $35m of in game money. I have made 46 mill from crates and 42 mill from gunrunning. If he knew all I know, probably wouldn't have donked off real dollars. Give it to the Red Cross ffs!

Basically, I did the same thing on a far smaller level, like $30 on a couple sale shark cards when I first started online bc I was annoyed with the time investment while working 55 hrs a week. I give my tips and tricks to anyone non douche who will listen. None of it is magic, just bits of common sense strung together.

Take time to help your fellow players, eff k/d. This is how to get back at cokstar, folks.
You sound like a very sensible player.Between all of the business Dlc's , I've probably made 300 million and helped many others make money too. I prefer to play with people that are mature enough to respect other people, enjoy the game, make plenty of money and friends along the way.
  • hkboondoggle, We Are Ninja, nido997 and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users