Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you feel any shame for destroying rival cargo/supplies?

318 replies to this topic
CuteFaceJay
  • CuteFaceJay

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

I can't feel shame for something I do not do :|

wei wei
  • wei wei

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

i don't destroy people's crates or go after them while they are doing their runs. i wouldn't want people coming after me, when i'm doing my stuff. if i'm using my Oppressor, or any aircraft, i make sure i give those who are trying to do their runs, as much space as possible. i'll fly the long way to my destination, just to be considerate.

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

i don't destroy people's crates or go after them while they are doing their runs. i wouldn't want people coming after me, when i'm doing my stuff. if i'm using my Oppressor, or any aircraft, i make sure i give those who are trying to do their runs, as much space as possible. i'll fly the long way to my destination, just to be considerate.

Whilst I appreciate the consideration you go to, just to ensure your fellow players have a better experience, I'd never go out of my way to pander towards another random player.

I mean, if I fly over them in an Oppressor or Hydra and they want to take precautions, that's totally fine, but I'm not going to fly the long way round just to be considerate. I think at some point you're just being TOO NICE in a game that's about, well, crime. 

• Arrows to Athens likes this

SPECTER II
  • SPECTER II

I create rigged races

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Sometimes I like to tease people doing supply runs or sell missions but sometimes I take it too far and accidentally destroy their stuff and I get sad :(

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

Whilst I appreciate the consideration you go to, just to ensure your fellow players have a better experience, I'd never go out of my way to pander towards another random player.

I mean, if I fly over them in an Oppressor or Hydra and they want to take precautions, that's totally fine, but I'm not going to fly the long way round just to be considerate. I think at some point you're just being TOO NICE in a game that's about, well, crime. 

Giving the space is a nice way to avoid misunderstandings. One shot taken as a "precaution" can turn the session into a circle of hate.

• Arrows to Athens and Luigi22 like this

dragosani00
  • dragosani00

Welsh git

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:56 PM Edited by dragosani00, 15 December 2017 - 08:22 PM.

The knock on effect can be quite amusing sometimes though. I was in a lobby earlier where quite a few players were doing I/O. Driving an FMJ back from the desert I clock a CEO following me a way back on the same road (car icon does show when you're collecting so didn't want to risk that he was out to steal my car) so got to the warehouse flat out & when I spawned outside he was just pulling aound the corner in a Valor. Instinctively CMGed him and swiped it into my warehouse then looked on the map to see him waiting outside & another CEO on the way. He kills CEO 3 and swipes his car after which CEO 3 spawns himself a jet and proceeds to tear around the city killing everyone doing any kind of business work while I hid in the warehouse watching the black Xes appear on the map, guess he didn't take having his car swiped too much.  :D

• IamCourtney likes this

Chevchelious
  • Chevchelious

----------Chev Chelios is still Alive----------

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

I've have Never done this, Not even one time and I won't.
  • brahmabull likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:18 PM Edited by Sanches, 4 weeks ago.

Today i was flying my Pyro and saw a Deluxo coming towards lone guy moving his cargo. My first thoughts that Deluxo guy was going to destroy it, but i wasn't 100 sure, maybe it was his friend or something. Turned out that my thoughts were right and Deluxo bombed the fella.
Well, i wanted to play a little vigilante and kill that Deluxo player to avange for the poor cargo dude. Not a big deal, but it felt kinda good.

• Luigi22 likes this

Xbox Prisoner
  • Xbox Prisoner

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

So OP, would you cut your nuts off too if the game told ya to do it?

How much cash would i get?

• IamCourtney likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

So OP, would you cut your nuts off too if the game told ya to do it?

How much cash would i get?

$2000 GTA$ and Firework Launcher ammo.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I feel great pride taking out bozos who think they can afk farm Piracy Prevention/VIP Search/Stand Your Ground etc. and hog the job timer for 10 friggin minutes at a time.
  • LeakyLine, bombkangaroo, dragosani00 and 1 other like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by secrecy274, 2 weeks ago.

I often attack people doing VIP missions, in fact it's one of the few things that make me attack randoms first, however that is because:

1) There's profit for doing it.

2) I myself want people to attack me when I do missions because I think it's more enjoyable that way. I play freeroam for the pvp. Heck, my favorite mission is haulage due to how it often baits people into attacking me.

However I won't attack people doing cargo/import/gunrunning or anything similar for the same reasons.

1) There's no profit in it. It's purely for griefing that people do it.

2) It's not enjoyable to get attacked due to how stacked the odds are against you.

So to answer the op, no, I don't feel any shame for doing it, neither to I get any enjoyment or pride out of it. There's isn't even any profit in doing it.

• bombkangaroo, Voodoo-Hendrix, Cryo The Hunter and 1 other like this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Bloodytears1666, 2 weeks ago.

Nothing personal, one time I destroy, the other - help. Not a big deal. No one else to blame if back in the day one decided to move sale in a lobby with a red jet on the map or downtown mambo-jambo with military vehicles. If someone want to destroy, doubt they think about what are you doing, walking around or cargo, so do I.

IMAO that's why I don't really like business oriented people, because they posing themselves like someone special, something more than a blip. There was no business before, ya'll know it.

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I often attack people doing VIP missions, in fact it's one of the few things that make me attack randoms first, however that is because:

Agreed, you can get upwards of 14k for killing the CEO during executive search. 

But, unless some little sh*t destroys my sell, resupply, or crate I leave CEOs alone. I've got an apc, a rogue, and hunter for a reason.  :devil:

• secrecy274 likes this

Argahawk
  • Argahawk

Soon there will be only one true king on Throne of Britannia

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

No, why? I only do it when CEO (or someone from his organization) attack me first without reason when they try to sell something/do VIP mission etc.

bombkangaroo
  • bombkangaroo

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

2) I myself want people to attack me when I do missions because I think it's more enjoyable that way. I play freeroam for the pvp. Heck, my favorite mission is haulage due to how it often baits people into attacking me.

However I won't attack people doing cargo/import/gunrunning or anything similar for the same reasons.

1) There's no profit in it. It's purely for griefing that people do it.

2) It's not enjoyable to get attacked due to how stacked the odds are against you.

So to answer the op, no, I don't feel any shame for doing it, neither to I get any enjoyment or pride out of it. There's isn't even any profit in doing it.

This. 

Business stuff is off limits, it's unsporting to attack people in such a vulnerable state. 

VIP work, though? That's legit PvP, most of those jobs have zero challenge except for that provided by other players. That's sport. 

• secrecy274 likes this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by DoxerWhite, 2 weeks ago.

Whatever your justification will be, expect some swearing coming from me. How many time a day i lose crates because of people who don't mind their own businesses ? For 2000$ and RP's ? Seriously ?
Collecting crates is already a pain in the *ss for my associates and i, so having to always check out no griefers approach the crates is even more complicated and not fun.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Nutduster, 2 weeks ago.

You want to swear at someone, it should be Rockstar. Never forget: maybe you think players shouldn't do it, but the developer made the game like that on purpose to cost you money, frustrate you, and drive you into the loving arms of shark cards. So put your anger where it really belongs.

At this point I feel it's almost my civic duty to make people mad by blowing up their stuff. If they end up holding a grudge against the developer because they can't make any money, that's a job well done.
  • bombkangaroo and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Friesian
  • Friesian

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I leave people alone when they’re moving cargo or supplies or doing heist prep just because its obnoxious being messed with when I’m trying to do it. All the other times are fair game tho, haha.
  • Cryo The Hunter likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users