Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was the 187 gang replaced with the crips ?

5 replies to this topic
Korupt
  • Korupt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 2 weeks ago

As we all know, the grove street gang in Gta San Andreas is the Crips gang in real life. However, i started to think that originally the grove street families were meant to be the 187 gang.

The 187 is a gang in Los Angelos, it's colour is black. And looking to old magazines and trailers, we all know that beta Ryder and Sweet used to wear black, whilce Big Smoke wears white( which means that he didn't want to represent the grove, and makes a betrayl obvious) and also by looking to cutscene.img file, we can find a lot of old grove street skins that ressembles to black or grey. This makes me think that the grove was meant to the One Eighty Seven gang itl.

Sorry for my bad english tho, lemme know what you think about this :D

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Terrc87, 2 weeks ago.

you might think GSF is crip or 187 or whatsoever but its not, GSF is created based on developer mind which is fictional even tho theres a real life gang who represents same colors of GTA SA gang.
  • lil weasel likes this

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

Nadia. I've, uh I've got reserves.

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

ofcourse they're going to say its fictional and not meant to represent any real life identities but even stevie wonder can draw the comparison between grove vs ballas and crips vs bloods.

• Pastry likes this

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

its surely GTA SA taking inspiration about the real LA gang rivarly like bloods vs crip but that doesnt mean that The Families and Ballas is based on Crip or Bloods.
  • Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Official General, A week ago.

As we all know, the grove street gang in Gta San Andreas is the Crips gang in real life. However, i started to think that originally the grove street families were meant to be the 187 gang.

The 187 is a gang in Los Angelos, it's colour is black. And looking to old magazines and trailers, we all know that beta Ryder and Sweet used to wear black, whilce Big Smoke wears white( which means that he didn't want to represent the grove, and makes a betrayl obvious) and also by looking to cutscene.img file, we can find a lot of old grove street skins that ressembles to black or grey. This makes me think that the grove was meant to the One Eighty Seven gang itl.

Sorry for my bad english tho, lemme know what you think about this :D

No.

The Families and Ballas are heavily inspired by the Crips and Bloods and both of them consist of a mixture of influences from both their real life-counterparts. 

• D418 likes this

DoubleOOGJohnson
  • DoubleOOGJohnson

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by DoubleOOGJohnson, 4 hours ago.

When Grove Street started in 1969 the colors was orange not black or white because Grove Street was Orange Grove back then. Tony "OG Sugar" Stout and Victor "Big Devil" Oates started Orange Grove, orange got dropped from the name later because the street's name was changed to just Grove Street and also due to the formation of the "Families". Sugar and Big Devil started it, then brought OGF into the Families alliance with a couple other gangs. Sweet was born in 1966, so all of this happened when he was a kid, but by the time of GTA SA he was "the man" in the hood but Sweet didn't start Grove Street. Even though Rockstar may have made it seem like he did. Tony Stout, Victor Oates, Jerry Barkley, Robby Rob, Gary Rogers, and some other people put "Families" together, Ballas came around 1971. That's the history of FAMILIES. 

Also, Grove Street is PIRU. If you notice, Grove Street gang tags don't have "Families" in it but Temple Drive and Seville always tagged up Families. That's because Grove is PIRU and PIRU is Blood but yet distinct. Grove Street is Families but is distinct at the same time with its own identity. To be specific, in 1992 after I started taking over more turf Grove Street got split into two sections, one further west in Verona Beach and one in Ganton so you had a West Side in Verona and an East Side Grove Street in Ganton. Lueders Park Piru is the influence of my set (EAST SIDE GANTON GROVE STREET). 

In Ganton we basically functioned similar to the Lueders Park Pirus, Temple Drive functioned similar to the Bounty Hunter Bloods and Seville Boulevard functioned similar to Denver Lane Bloods. Grove Street in Verona functioned like West Side Pirus. So if there's a real life gang that my hood functioned similar to, I'm telling you it was Leuders Park Piru/LPP. 

GROVE STREET - LEUDERS PARK PIRU and WEST SIDE PIRU

TEMPLE DRIVE - BOUNTY HUNTER BLOODS

SEVILLE BOULEVARD - DENVER LANE BLOODS

Ballas got their own influence, the oldest Balla hood I know was Rollin Heights and they came off Rollin 30s Crips. Front Yards came off Rollin 60's, Kilo Tray came off Eight Tray Gangster Crip, and Temple Drive Ballas came off of Grape Street Crip.

But I'll reiterate, Sweet, Ryder, Big Smoke, and my hood came off of Leuders Park Piru and its like that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users