8 replies to this topic
BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hello,

I need the coords/offset for opcode 033E to have my text show up like the 'You have provoked a gang war' text at the middle lower end of the screen. 

If it is to be considered, the text(s) are :

Park your Journey to start cooking Meth

Keep your car parked to continue to cook

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it.

With best regards,

BigHomie

Btw: In a few days you may or may not be able to cook some meth ;)

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:35 AM Edited by TheSiggi, 06 September 2017 - 06:23 AM.

Hi,

I am not going to give you the answer right away, instead I'll show you how to find out yourself. It's important that you know how to use all resources available to you as it will a) increase you're understanding of the game and it's structures and b) will help you to find out things like this yourself in the future.

You know you're desired text style is used during the gang wars and gang wars are controlled through the main.scm.
So this is how to deal with it:

1) get yourself a GXT Editor like the GXT Editor 1.3 by Hammer83 or the A-GXT-Editor by Aschratt and open up the american.gxt and search for the entry of "You have provoked a gang war".
2) Copy the entry and search for it in the decompiled main.scm
3) You'll find the line the developers used, with the exact parameters you're looking for.
  • deltaCJ likes this

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, I'll try it out. I would have tried it that way already, I already had tried copying it from the Assasination Side Mission. I am indeed familiar with the concept of copying coding structures from the main.scm, it was just very late at night im germany when I asked. Anyway, I'll get back to work then, thanks for your help

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

Well, seemingly the gxt entry 'You have provoked a gang war' is named 'FEC_RAD'. But I can't find it used in the main.scm

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, actually that's my fault. The main.scm handle's the gang wars concerning respect and money, but not the actual gang war. So the text is not triggered by the script but by the game. Sorry for that.

Search for 'high priority' in opcode database or or search tool.

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

I already copied it form the Assasination Side Mission. But instesd of looking for a GXT entry, Ilooked for texts. Thanks for your help anyway :)
But now I'm wondering, how come that the game handels the gang war aspect? Is it engraved into the engine?

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's an external script.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ZAZ, 4 weeks ago.

Gang war is hardcoded (codes of gta_sa.exe).
Main.scm has codes to en/disable Gang war possibility, show or hide colored zones, weapon set for gang member, as well as the gang member setup for each zone.
There's no extern script regarding gang war

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Gang war is hardcoded (codes of gta_sa.exe).
Main.scm has codes to en/disable Gang war possibility, show or hide colored zones, weapon set for gang member, as well as the gang member setup for each zone.
There's no extern script regarding gang war

Hm, my bad thought there was a script regarding spawning the ballas, and triggering the gang wars. (shrug)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users