Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which new airplane is good at dogfighting against Hydra with explosive cannon?

15 replies to this topic
Misa.And.Her.Hubby
  • Misa.And.Her.Hubby

A Noob

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

I watched some youtube vids and it seems Rogue is faster and more maneuverable than Hydra. Is it true? If yes, shall we think that Rogue will have a larger chance to win a dogfight against Hydra with explosive cannon if the pilot skills are same? Is there any other new airplane good at dogfighting against Hydra with explosive cannon? I love my Hydra and I don't know if I need to spend $$$ on another plane unless it's significantly outperformed. Thank you.

IdRatherBeFlying
  • IdRatherBeFlying

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

I watched some youtube vids and it seems Rogue is faster and more maneuverable than Hydra. Is it true? If yes, shall we think that Rogue will have a larger chance to win a dogfight against Hydra with explosive cannon if the pilot skills are same? Is there any other new airplane good at dogfighting against Hydra with explosive cannon? I love my Hydra and I don't know if I need to spend $$$ on another plane unless it's significantly outperformed. Thank you.

The Rogue with race handling and a pilot that has practice/experience with it can absolutely shred any Hydra and most Lazers.   The explosive cannon on the Rogue is less powerful and/or has less range so never go head to head with a Hydra or Lazer, always maneuver around to the side or behind them.   It seems to take several seconds of Rogue cannon fire to explode an aircraft though you can disable them enough to bail out with less.   It's never as instant as a Hydra/Lazer cannon hit but the insane maneuverability of the Rogue more than makes up for it.

The Starling with race handling can also take out most Hydras with it's excellent maneuverability (though less than the Rogue) and ability to spam homing missiles Savage style.   The Molotok can also spam homing missiles but it's maneuverability even with race handling is much lower than the Rogue or Starling.

The best part is most Hydra pilots don't know this yet and are overconfident sitting ducks right now.

• Red Lynx 23, _47_ and Misa.And.Her.Hubby like this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:26 PM Edited by pptz84, 03 September 2017 - 08:51 PM.

Nah, the rogue can challenge the hydra, but it's not 'significantly outperformed'. You could stick with the hydra, or when you like planes buy the Rogue as well to master them both (it's not that expensive for what you get)

• _47_, Misa.And.Her.Hubby and JakeSmooth like this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

LF 22 Starling is good. A hydra hit me twice with his explosive cannons and it didn't explode. Love those rapid fire missiles.
  • _47_ and Misa.And.Her.Hubby like this

_47_
  • _47_

Leutenant Colonel USAF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Like everyone else stated before. Rogue and LF 22 Starling are your best choices. If you are at Zancudo, the Lazers can also outmaneuver the Hydra.

• FriendsOfTheNRA and Misa.And.Her.Hubby like this

FriendsOfTheNRA
  • FriendsOfTheNRA

Grandpa gots KD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Since personal lasers are very soon I go with laser

Love the update
  • Red Lynx 23 and Misa.And.Her.Hubby like this

Suzuki Azure Vulpine
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:12 PM Edited by Suzuki Azure Vulpine, 04 September 2017 - 12:45 AM.

Having bought one myself (Western Rogue), this thing has replaced my Hydra, It has Bombs, Lock-on Rockets, and Explosive MGs (They fire slow, and take some training to use effectively but after a few Missions last night and today, I've gotten quite good with them), And the feeling alone when you MG a Tug Boat to pieces in a Mission is worth the price of the upgrades, It's fast, can dogfight with a Lazer AI or player if need be, and can be called to your side at anytime, it also can survive a ground strike (At some angles) and a missile strike and last long enough to limp to a runway and land safely, Go for Flares, sure it's a near enough 100k Upgrade, but it works better then the Chaff.

• Misa.And.Her.Hubby likes this

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

I got all cock-sure and head strong when I first flew a Molotok.....I just figured with the spammable lock on rockets I was sure to own the skys.  I went out searching for my first Hydra or Laser.

Well.....what good are lock-on spam rockets if you can never lock on because the dang thing can't turn a circle fast enough to get behind (or even at an angle) to lock onto a circling hydra?!

Needless to say, after about 5 minutes of excruciating circles, I got shot down.

• El Payaso and Misa.And.Her.Hubby like this

_47_
  • _47_

Leutenant Colonel USAF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:59 AM

I got all cock-sure and head strong when I first flew a Molotok.....I just figured with the spammable lock on rockets I was sure to own the skys.  I went out searching for my first Hydra or Laser.

Well.....what good are lock-on spam rockets if you can never lock on because the dang thing can't turn a circle fast enough to get behind (or even at an angle) to lock onto a circling hydra?!

Needless to say, after about 5 minutes of excruciating circles, I got shot down.

Yeah molotoks are awesome at taking down slow planes and helicopters. It cant compete against hydra/lazer.
  • Red Lynx 23 and Misa.And.Her.Hubby like this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:12 AM Edited by Mattoropael, 04 September 2017 - 02:17 AM.

If you have to use one of the new planes, then it's the Rogue for the simple merit that it has access to explosive cannons, and on top of that is maneuverable enough to give the old jets a fight. Even though the guns are weaker, they still do an adequate job shredding aircraft (they are, however, laughably impotent against armored ground vehicles and foot soldiers).

That is assuming you're willing to fly a plane that feels like it's trying to crash itself and resist your every attempt to control it at every moment.

Anyone suggesting Molotok, Starling or literally any other new plane are basing their opinion off fighting terrible jet pilots. Spamming missiles will not net you any kill against decent pilots.

• Misa.And.Her.Hubby and SHOKKERZ91 like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:18 AM

If you have to use one of the new planes, then it's the Rogue for the simple merit that it has access to explosive cannons, and on top of that is maneuverable enough to give the old jets a fight. Even though the guns are weaker, they still do an adequate job shredding aircraft (they are, however, laughably impotent against armored ground vehicles and foot soldiers).

That is assuming you're willing to fly a plane that feels like it's trying to crash itself and resist your every attempt to control it at every moment.

Anyone suggesting Molotok, Starling or literally any other new plane are basing their opinion off fighting terrible jet pilots. Spamming missiles will not net you any kill against decent pilots.

I shot down plenty of those with my savage. Those missiles are easy do dodge. I didn´t met a good rogue-pilot yet, but i am pretty sure he would shoot me down with ease. The rogue is really good against aircraft.

Misa.And.Her.Hubby
  • Misa.And.Her.Hubby

A Noob

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

I shot down plenty of those with my savage. Those missiles are easy do dodge. I didn´t met a good rogue-pilot yet, but i am pretty sure he would shoot me down with ease. The rogue is really good against aircraft.

I doubt it. Spammed missiles are the nightmare for my Oppressor, but I don't think it's a threat to my Hydra. Just keep sharp turning horizontally without pulling up or losing speed, and no missile can hit me.

NuclearKnight00
  • NuclearKnight00

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

Don't have any videos, but I have taken out a couple molotoks and hydras with the rogue. Like someone else said as long as you don't go head to head and can get behind them if you're a decent pilot you can shred them.
  • Red Lynx 23 likes this

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

This is why you spot your target on the map in the pause menu then plot your course, Instead of flying right at them fly parallel to them going the other way and then when your far enough away complete the turn and get behind them.

Works every single time for me

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

LF 22 Starling is good. A hydra hit me twice with his explosive cannons and it didn't explode. Love those rapid fire missiles.

The Rogue can take 10+ rockets. I riddled a dude's Rogue with missiles in my Starling, and the first rocket made it go on fire, then the rest 10 rockets eventually finished him off. Surprisingly, he could still fly.

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:00 PM Edited by GenericGTAO, 04 September 2017 - 09:01 PM.

The ones I have seen are so slow and basically outclassed by the hydra. The lazer had a nerf on manuverability not too long ago. Its still better than a hydra, but I have beaten many lazers with the hydra since the nerf. I cannot wait for the lazer, but I never waste my time going for it....as I cant beat most people with the hydra. I would go as far to say, I would only go get a lazer if someone is in one and has gotten me out twice. Obviously, the explosive sniper ended the need to go get a lazer, so if I am not spawning in or near zancudo...its the hydra for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users