Quantcast

» «
Photo

Savage or Hunter

154 replies to this topic

Poll: Savage or Hunter (127 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose one

1. Hunter (73 votes [57.48%])

Percentage of vote: 57.48%

2. Savage (54 votes [42.52%])

Percentage of vote: 42.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

a 2 seat hunter could slaughter savages by the dozen

single seat would probably be screwed because of the savage cannon
  • LeeTone likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't know about Barrage vs Savage's cannon though, I actually think they're fairly similar in range, with the Barrage having slightly longer range, but only slightly.

I feel like it's a pretty considerable gap.

4CVbEbB.gif

A Savage's cannon isn't going to reach anywhere near that far, is it? I mean, look at the gif on the page before - even when I can visibly see the guy on the ground, I can't hit him with the cannon.

It does have its own weaknesses though obviously. Since it doesn't instantly hit the target like the Savage's cannon, you'll have to lead your target, etc.

• Mattoropael, The-Irish-Hunter and Hécate-II like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't know about Barrage vs Savage's cannon though, I actually think they're fairly similar in range, with the Barrage having slightly longer range, but only slightly.

I feel like it's a pretty considerable gap.

4CVbEbB.gif

A Savage's cannon isn't going to reach anywhere near that far, is it? I mean, look at the gif on the page before - even when I can visibly see the guy on the ground, I can't hit him with the cannon.

It does have its own weaknesses though obviously. Since it doesn't instantly hit the target like the Savage's cannon, you'll have to lead your target, etc.

The hell?!

The Barrage has no where close to that range for me...

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by delorianlazarus, 3 weeks ago.

I'm starting to get worried by the Hunter.

I saw one coming in my direction while doing Piracy Prevention, I felt genuinely helpless: I thought "explosive ammo might take a while, it will require vehicle-assisted elimination". I had to pick my APC as an emergency move.
The dude was doing the hangar mission so he was not after me, but for the first time since a long time I had doubts about being able to complete this mission when I saw him hovering above the lighthouse, less than a Kilometer from me.

The Hunter inspires much more fear than the Savage.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Forza Harrd, Duckdude001 and 1 other like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Hunter model looks just well, unfinished compared to the Savage.  The Hunter just looks weird to me.

Anyone else see that?

Yes but I'm buying it anyway.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

OPPRESSOR OVERLORD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ragedandcaged, 3 weeks ago.

Definitely the Hunter based on looks and performance.

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

i really do fear the hunter right now. luckily they've all been trash but they really are flying tanks. first i use the hitscan death rifle but quickly realise it takes too long and pisses them off and just makes them attack you rather than doing their mission lol.

the homer is useless if they're charging you, and i'm a solo player so armed vehicles arent a good option.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

You can see how that'd be useful against a Savage. The Buzzard's a smaller target, and climbs faster - but I was still able to get that. Admittedly he was just taking off lol, not really that fair.

But an upgraded Hunter? That could climb a lot faster than a Savage. And with the Savage's huge rotors - that probably wouldn't be a difficult target to drop the bombs on.

• Forza Harrd, The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Why not buy both?

• ash-274, Big_Show, Piro and 1 other like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

4CVbEbB.gif

A Savage's cannon isn't going to reach anywhere near that far, is it?

Yep, Savage's Homing Off rockets can't stand that range. Sadly...

Thats Headhunter target, I don't think I ever succeeded to kill a player at this distance with H.Off rockets. And only worked when flying much lower/full speed/and target not being instaEWO tryhard spamming RPG lol

225882201709261149032.jpg

• Forza Harrd and Happy Hunter like this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Hunter looks and sounds so good... I also love that the Hunter is actually pretty quick and agile. I don't find it very fun to fly a sluggish helicopter like the savage

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh defo the Savage. I always use the savage during those Jammer missions. Infact, I also use it for most missions. I mean, who needs bombs when you can just wipe the ground with explosive cannons? The Savage, Hydra and Lazer really do make the new vehicles obsolete. Sure, the new vehicles have 'coutermeasures' but you can't counter the explosive cannons that the old vehicles have. It's unfortunate that this update put a huge emphasis on aircrafts but failed to dethrone the jets. The skies of Los Santos will always be ruled by some griefers in jets.

Don't buy any of the new stuff based on how much you can use 'em for because the Savage, Hydra and Lazer will always win. If you want a new aircraft then just pick one based on how much fun you'll have with it. I got myself a Tula.

the savage is a big fat target vulnerable to homing missiles, how do you use explosive rounds if you were already blown out of the skies?

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Once the Hunter is fully released and the dust clears, I think we'll see the Savage keep its niche as chopper of choice for pure anti-NPC work and a capable-enough anti-player platform

the Buzzard remain the essential jack-of-all-trades tool everyone should have

and the Hunter as King of PvP

• livejoker, Sky_Light12 and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh defo the Savage. I always use the savage during those Jammer missions. Infact, I also use it for most missions. I mean, who needs bombs when you can just wipe the ground with explosive cannons? The Savage, Hydra and Lazer really do make the new vehicles obsolete. Sure, the new vehicles have 'coutermeasures' but you can't counter the explosive cannons that the old vehicles have. It's unfortunate that this update put a huge emphasis on aircrafts but failed to dethrone the jets. The skies of Los Santos will always be ruled by some griefers in jets.

Don't buy any of the new stuff based on how much you can use 'em for because the Savage, Hydra and Lazer will always win. If you want a new aircraft then just pick one based on how much fun you'll have with it. I got myself a Tula.

the savage is a big fat target vulnerable to homing missiles, how do you use explosive rounds if you were already blown out of the skies?

While he's wrong (in my opinion) about the new vehicles being obsolete (I've killed many Lazers in my Starling, many Hydras in my Rogue - and the Hunter's better for PvP than the Savage in my opinion) - the Savage isn't so bad against missiles now.

It's vulnerable, but can tank one - combined with low flying, you could last a little while. More so if you had a friend with a flare gun.

One other plus for the Savage is that it's kind of stealthier - a Hunter has its own blip to warn everyone what's coming. The Savage looks just the same as any other helicopter on the map.

I still think the Hunter's better for PvP though. Countermeasures and armour alone get it that.

• IamCourtney, The-Irish-Hunter, GTP_Monkey and 1 other like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by delorianlazarus, 3 weeks ago.

^
Let me go a a little bit deeper in the talk about the now already classic Savage vs Hunter debate

I think too that Hunter will be king of PvP between choppers and for foot fighter vs Hunter. Everything goes in that way: resistance, speed, maneuverability, countermeasures, the list is long.

But I'm thinking about solo players. The guys who go solo public lobby and bunker supplies and hangar missions and contact missions and friendly lobbies as solo member of their org....And there are lots of them.

I think the Savage will be better for all of those.
Because it has everything controllable regarding its fire power by a solo player, and said fire power is rather extreme when it comes to shoot NPC and make depleted uranium and missiles rain on static targets.
Resistance isn't much of an issue, as you can spawn it again or switch between PV and Pegasus, etc.

The Hunter as an immense fire power, especially when gunner is here. But without the gunner, the missile barrage doesn't seem to meet the "Zone wipe" effect a burst of canon has. The Starling hangar mission takes a handful of seconds with the Savage, I'm not so sure it might be so with a Hunter being manned solo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because you flew the upcoming Hunter much more than me.

I really feel like the Savage being a workhorse as reliable as Hydra Kuruma and Buzzard for solo player, while Oppr.... (*spits on the ground*) Hunter Nightshark and Lazer look good toys for populated lobbies (among many others, obviously).
  • Rafae, GTP_Monkey, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

clinical oppression
  • clinical oppression

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

For getting the job done in missions and headhunter , I'm taking the savage. For spawn killing folks on the beach I'm taking the savage. However the savage needs room to orbit and without a good orbit you're a sitting (hovering) duck ....so I'm undecided on general chopper vs ground targets as the hunter is quicker and has counter measures, but I find manually missile aiming with the hunter to he sketchy (I could just need practice ) . either way won't be an issue as I'll have both .

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Just used the hunter in a SR mission

It reminded me from last time, what a god awful pile of unstable junk it is to fly 😮😮😮
  • ragedandcaged likes this

FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

For those who have figured it out, what technique are you using to orbit with the Hunter? The way I do it with the Buzzard/Savage just doesn't seem to work with the Hunter. I'm sure more time with it once it has released will help, but I just can't get it to flow in a circle.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

OPPRESSOR OVERLORD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It reminded me from last time, what a god awful pile of unstable junk it is to fly 😮😮😮

I look forward to blowing them up with ease.
  • KingpinRCR likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago

I've been deliberately using my Savage more, on the assumption I won't give a f*ck about it when Hunter comes out so enjoy it now, but I'm not sure I can give up that cannon. Even for flares.

I wish they'd buffed it months ago.

• Happy Hunter likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago Edited by Sky_Light12, A week ago.

Savage :

cannon works like laser beams but fires much faster rate than jet cannons

transport more players, enabling explosive sniper passengers on the back

do not need pay another for upgrades

less price tag

Hunter :

has access to two missile types (one works like savage's endless rockets , while other one was quick burst of 7 unguided rockets)

capable bombing target if the pilot has difficulty using the rockets

about 4 times stronger than savage , essentially making hunter a flying tank (not sure if armor upgrades)

faster than savage , which can be benefited from upgrades as well

has access to countermeasures

the chin-turret covers most part of the front area of hunter and depending by type of gun, regular turret favour range (its longer than even valkyrie's) while explosive has flavour of explosions (less firing rate than valkyrie's and less range than regular turret but the range just slighly longer than valkyrie's)

the choice is yours

decisions.....decisions....

• The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted A week ago Edited by Piro, A week ago.

It reminded me from last time, what a god awful pile of unstable junk it is to fly

In SR missions you get stock version (and I agree it kinda sucks)

but after upgrading its way more enjoyable, trust me. Moves more like Volatus then Savage/Cargobob
mXzFZUL.gif
Spoiler
  • Sky_Light12, Rafae, The-Irish-Hunter and 4 others like this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

It reminded me from last time, what a god awful pile of unstable junk it is to fly

In SR missions you get stock version (and I agree it kinda sucks)

but after upgrading its way more enjoyable, trust me. Moves more like Volatus then Savage/Cargobob
mXzFZUL.gif
Spoiler

Thats good to hear 

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Anyone know if it will be added to CEO vehicles menu?

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago Edited by Gridl0k, A week ago.

Not a hope in hell. 

I mean, technically, sure, it could, but no. The CEO Havok doesn't even get a gun.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gingerly Ginger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Why not both?
  • Rafae, The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

ferguson99
  • ferguson99

Fergs Gaming

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

I have enjoyed the Savage a lot, its been really helpful in missions, but now it successor as come along and take over to do those advanced special op jobs.

The Savage was awesome with its multi firing rockets.......... but now the Hunter as a Barrage attack mode, And can drop bombs on pin point locations.

• The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

Not a hope in hell. 

I mean, technically, sure, it could, but no. The CEO Havok doesn't even get a gun.
an unarmed hunter would be a nice ceo bonus. can't argue with its explosive resistance.

DeadArashi
  • DeadArashi

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

I'm going to say Hunter, because it's gun can be upgraded to be an explosive cannon like the Savage, it's controlled by the passenger and can rotate. Also the Hunter can be upgraded to have counter measures...

There's no competition between them. If the Savage could be upgraded to have counter measures and the passenger controlled the gun instead of the rockets (because the gun's in a ball mount so it should have, albeit limited, gun traverse) then I would prefer the savage. R* need to let old aircraft be upgradeable 

• Hécate-II likes this

Spectre "2K"
  • Spectre "2K"

Luxio Lover

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

I said Hunter simply because it has a new noise besides the one of three helicopter notes i've heard for 4 years

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users