Quantcast

» «
Photo

Savage or Hunter

115 replies to this topic

Poll: Savage or Hunter (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose one

1. Hunter (45 votes [48.91%])

Percentage of vote: 48.91%

2. Savage (47 votes [51.09%])

Percentage of vote: 51.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 days ago

You found it stable?

I find the savage or the buzzards more stable than the hunter

I literally have no idea what you people are talking about. I have had no difficulties flying the Hunter.

You have to be playing a different game than me.

The Savage is slow and heavy to move. The Hunter is much faster and easier.

I think he means that it's harder to aim. Hunter is certainly easier to maneuver, but harder to aim. As long as you don't touch anything, the Savage is very stable and easy to aim, but a bit slow to actually turn around. Hunter is the opposite, easy to turn, but due to the some variables it's less stable. Is has recoil, first and foremost, but also it has this weird habbit to turn back when you use the R1/L1 (or platform equivalent) to turn it  slightly.

Cannot turn it fast on PS4 R1 L1 seem to fight each other although you apply only one at a time the only way to turn it on my PS4 is the 360 jog/style steering type button and it aint fast, Using savage or any other Helo i press R1 or L1 and they spin on a pin head very fast Hunter doesnt

Im beginning to think its maybe bugged or something 

You can't turn it around quickly by only using R1/L1 no, but by using the stick as well, it's far more nimble than Savage.

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago Edited by GTP_Monkey, 4 days ago.

Afraid it isn't on my game no where near as quick

Thing is I want to like it and use it but every time I try it in the missions it just takes 5 mins longer to get job done than Savage which flies strait and stable not like Hunter that wobbles all over the place and won't turn as quick. I will keep on trying though

Will buy it when it drops but if the upgrades don't improve it then I will sell it on
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 4 days ago.

The Hunter's overall speed is actually good, and better than the Savage/Buzzard - though I know what people mean about the yaw (R1/L1). It does feel a little weak in that regard.

(Video courtesy of Gaffa).

The yaw will be improved by upgrading the handling though. How much, I can't say - I'm not on PC and can't test. But I've been told it will be improved if you upgrade the handling.

I guess you could get a rough idea of how much by comparing a stock Havok's yaw to that of an upgraded Havok.

To me, although the yaw feels weaker than other helicopters - it feels like it's able to be swung around quite well with the stick.

I really want to see some more tests and demonstrations from those who can use it on PC. I want to see the handling upgrades compared with the stock version, and also how much damage it takes when it's occupied by another player (if this is possible right now).

• The-Irish-Hunter and Goingcrowd9 like this

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago

I own a jetsam, a savage, and a buzzard

I used a hunter in a SR mission

Would rather use the buzzard or the savage

The hunter wobbles, terrible to aim, terrible to keep steady on a hover, all compared against the buzzard and savage

The saving grace for the hunter is the missile barrage facility

I play on XB1
  • Goingcrowd9 and GTP_Monkey like this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Omnifarious, 3 days ago.

Hate the way you cant tuck the wheels in on the Hunter, looks stupid

Ironically the Mi-28 (Savage) has fixed gear and the Comanche had retractable (for RCS)

maxresdefault.jpg

Sexular.

The Comanche will always be my favorite helicopter. ...I wonder if my old Comanche 4 disc still works? I need to fly one again, haha.

Jesus Christ, Comanche 4 is almost 20 years old!!! 

• Mattoropael, Gridl0k and Suzuki Azure Vulpine like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I couldn't find more suitable topic, so gonna spill it up here.

After SR update Savage can now take 1 explosion. But i experienced a strange  thing yesterday.

I was doing some Hangar supply run in my Savage and being chased by a AI Lazer. Every seemed ok, but then he shot 4 rockets at me in a row. I don't get it. I mean i clearly saw 4 explosions at me. And the thing is, Savage didn't blew up. It just lost both of the rotors and fell straight to the ground (and then exploded).

First - how the hell Lazer can fire 4 rockets in a row? Second - How the hell Savage did half-survive it?

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 2 days ago

After SR update Savage can now take 1 explosion. But i experienced a strange  thing yesterday.

I was doing some Hangar supply run in my Savage and being chased by a AI Lazer. Every seemed ok, but then he shot 4 rockets at me in a row. I don't get it. I mean i clearly saw 4 explosions at me. And the thing is, Savage didn't blew up. It just lost both of the rotors and fell straight to the ground (and then exploded).

First - how the hell Lazer can fire 4 rockets in a row? Second - How the hell Savage did half-survive it?

Maybe they were some kind of explosive rounds? Some of those are weaker than the standard explosion.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Hunter every day.

It doesn't do that annoying BS stunt the Savage does if the blades touch something, resulting in you flipping over.

Sure it doesn't have the cannon, but the missile barrage is cool.

I'm still using the Buzzard and Oppressor as my main FR vehicles though as I care more about convenience and getting across the map quicker for I/E bucks. We'll see how much a heavily armored Hunter can take homing missile wise though, cause I might just use it if it can take a bit like the supply version took all 20 of my Oppressor's missiles and didn't die!!!!!!

• Happy Hunter likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Maybe they were some kind of explosive rounds? Some of those are weaker than the standard explosion.

As long as i know Lazer's both weapons are lethal for Savage.

Suzuki Azure Vulpine
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Suzuki Azure Vulpine, A day ago.

Hate the way you cant tuck the wheels in on the Hunter, looks stupid

Ironically the Mi-28 (Savage) has fixed gear and the Comanche had retractable (for RCS)

maxresdefault.jpg

Sexular.

The Comanche will always be my favorite helicopter. ...I wonder if my old Comanche 4 disc still works? I need to fly one again, haha.

Jesus Christ, Comanche 4 is almost 20 years old!!! 

Still quite Pissed about why the Comanche never made it into service. Cause our lovely Congress thought UAVs would replace everything within two years, and sucked all the funding from the Comanche Project to fund UAVs.

Mr-Infinite_Rage
  • Mr-Infinite_Rage

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted A day ago

Why not buy both?
  • The-Irish-Hunter, Piro, secrecy274 and 1 other like this

PresidentJukeBox
  • PresidentJukeBox

GTA 5 Pilots

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A day ago Edited by PresidentJukeBox, A day ago.

In my humble opinion, I pick the Savage. The buff was merely enough to truly make it a flying tank. With an insane Autocannon and Barrage ability, you can kill as much n00bs online as much as it did when it first flew into Afganistan Airspace.

17a936_5731007.jpg

• GTP_Monkey likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted A day ago

In my humble opinion, I pick the Savage. The buff was merely enough to truly make it a flying tank. With an insane Autocannon and Barrage ability, you can kill as much n00bs online as much as it did when it first flew into Afganistan Airspace.

17a936_5731007.jpg

Seems the savage has a lot of followers, and im sure its the stable flying and that bloody awesome cannon, Although I really do hope the Hunter when it comes and has race spec handling is as good as savage. Then we will have a choice of excellent flying killing machines as they will both have strengths the other wont have 

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A day ago Edited by secrecy274, A day ago.

I've two theories to that.

1) AI missiles are weaker than usual. Considering just how many missiles you can tank during the new Cargo missions, this is not without evidence.

2) The main rotor and the body of the Savage does not share healthpool. As in a rocket that hit on the othermost tip of the rotor doesn't damage the body, but a rocket that hit on the body, just below the rotor damages both, which would explain why sometimes you take two rockets and the main rotor is destroyed but the body survives... at least until it hit the ground.

If you look at this:

You can see that the second homing missile hit the rotor, and despite the Savage smoking from the first hit it isn't destroyed until about 30 sec later.

And here:

I take a missile that in no visual way damages the Savage, since it clearly hits the rotor.

Fun fact, these clips are back to back, the top clips starts just after I were forced to abandon this Savage due to damage... from small arms fire.

• IamCourtney, GTP_Monkey and Sanches like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

Both are beautiful helicopters to be honest.

• IamCourtney, The-Irish-Hunter and secrecy274 like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

1) AI missiles are weaker than usual. Considering just how many missiles you can tank during the new Cargo missions, this is not without evidence.

2) The main rotor and the body of the Savage does not share healthpool. As in a rocket that hit on the othermost tip of the rotor doesn't damage the body, but a rocket that hit on the body, just below the rotor damages both, which would explain why sometimes you take two rockets and the main rotor is destroyed but the body survives... at least until it hit the ground.

Alright, seems actually true.

Now the question is about 4 rockets...

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A day ago

Alright, seems actually true.

Now the question is about 4 rockets...

Probably a combination of the two.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Probably a combination of the two.

There was just 1 Lazer spawned at the time.
Anyway, this is going offtopic, we should dumb this.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A day ago

Is it confirmed Hunter can take a lot of shots on the version we can buy or is it just the mission version?

I guess with added armour it can take a few but will it be as strong as the mission version?

Melkor1993
  • Melkor1993

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A day ago

Savage...because i generally fly solo and i prefer no limits on ammo.

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted A day ago

Is it confirmed Hunter can take a lot of shots on the version we can buy or is it just the mission version?
I guess with added armour it can take a few but will it be as strong as the mission version?

Mission version is purposely stronger than the purchase version. Not to say that the latter is weak by any means, still strong and more durable than a Savage.
  • aFinn likes this

Hunter24
  • Hunter24

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 hours ago

I prefer the savage , he is more heavy but you ca nuse all his weapon alone . Yo uneed to a back seat pilot for use the machine gun of the Hunter and this machine gun have not explosive ammo . If yo uare alone in close range a buzard ca ntake you down easily

The bombs are deadly but you need to a lot of training for use them . 

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 hours ago

Mission version is purposely stronger than the purchase version. Not to say that the latter is weak by any means, still strong and more durable than a Savage.

You sure about that?

The Source version is actually pretty similar to the Savage, both go down pretty easily to small arms fire. The Sell version is strong though.

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 19 hours ago

I think the sell version is what I meant, not the source one.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 17 hours ago

I prefer the savage , he is more heavy but you ca nuse all his weapon alone . Yo uneed to a back seat pilot for use the machine gun of the Hunter and this machine gun have not explosive ammo . If yo uare alone in close range a buzard ca ntake you down easily

The cannon can be upgraded to have explosive ammo actually. But yeah, not being able to use the cannon is going to hurt it in quite a few situations.

Against jets particularly, since hitting them with a barrage isn't easy. The barrage could probably get a decent amount of helicopters though, and there are other factors - like, if it can climb faster than the others, that'll help (missiles from above can be harder to dodge of course, plus you might be able to drop a bomb on them).

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by secrecy274, 11 hours ago.

The cannon can be upgraded to have explosive ammo actually. But yeah, not being able to use the cannon is going to hurt it in quite a few situations.

Against jets particularly, since hitting them with a barrage isn't easy. The barrage could probably get a decent amount of helicopters though, and there are other factors - like, if it can climb faster than the others, that'll help (missiles from above can be harder to dodge of course, plus you might be able to drop a bomb on them).

I think the Savage is superior in a close range firefight due to it's cannon. The Barrage is fun to use, but the spread makes it hard to use effectively, it's range seems only a little longer than Savage's cannon as well. Sadly, I think the homing missiles will be the decisive factor, giving this to the Hunter, since having countermeasures is a pretty big deal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users