Quantcast

» «
Photo

Savage or Hunter

188 replies to this topic

Poll: Savage or Hunter (167 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose one

1. Hunter (103 votes [61.68%])

Percentage of vote: 61.68%

2. Savage (64 votes [38.32%])

Percentage of vote: 38.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

It depends on the situation and how many players are in the hunter (for it´s full potential).

You can use all weapons of the savage by your own, while the cannon of the hunter can only be used by the co-pilot.

When two equaly good pilots meet, one in the savage and one in the hunter, i think the savage will win, because of his precise cannon.

I destroyed plenty mission-hunters with my savage already (yeah, shame on me) Because they where all without co-pilot (and only spamming homing missiles, except 2, and those two only hit me once).

A hunter with 2 guys in it will always win, doesn´t matter if with the explosive cannon or not. The range dominates here.

This is the savage before the buff.

• Locrito1995, Goingcrowd9, Happy Hunter and 2 others like this

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

Definitely choosing the Hunter over Savage, doesn't mean I will stop using the latter though.
It's got flares(limited)/chaffs, the Savage's missile rate and the rapid fire missiles to replace the solo-cannon. Now hearing about how much armor it has, has me all the more excited to blow the last of my money on it.

• Happy Hunter likes this

FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:13 AM

I'll definitely take the Hunter, it's fast and agile with plenty of weapon choices. It is disappointing about the cannon but overall I'm very happy with it.

I doubt the barrage missiles will be limited in number since it has a few second cool down already. If it had a fixed number of missiles I would think you could just spam them at once similar to the APC.
  • Goingcrowd9, Happy Hunter and SHOKKERZ91 like this

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:19 AM

The Hunter feels like a flying STICK.

Seriously, it's so awward to fly, the tail is so long it feels like the thing pivots on it's nose instead of actually turning.

I like the Savage better, especially because of the explosive rounds.

• les999 likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:37 AM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 04 September 2017 - 11:37 AM.

I feel out of the loop, what did they buff about the savage?

It now survives a missile. I've also heard it can survive 2, though I think you have to be lucky for that (depends where it hits I'd imagine).

My test still get it when it comes to non-explosive weapons (still 9 kicks, etc.) - though I can't speak for when someone's in it. It might be buffed to non-explosive stuff when someone's flying it; not sure.

At any rate, it's buffed to explosives guaranteed.

Nice buff too.

I like how they buff the Savage when the DLC containing the Hunter drops. Coincidental timing? I guess not.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Instant coffee or Blue Mountain?

:D

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Although I currently prefer the Savage I will also buy the Hunter when available
  • TheKingChivas and Goingcrowd9 like this

FuturePastNow
  • FuturePastNow

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

I think the Savage will only remain superior for solo contact jobs, since you can use the gun. The Hunter will be better for everything else, especially if you have a friend to use the gun, and with flares for freemode.

• Arrows to Athens and daricusGTA like this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

The hunter flies incredibly smooth
Such as shame the pilot can't use the front mounted gun. What a waste.

Savage or hunter? Wait until hunter has been released to find flaws before you decide.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

Honestly I find I can do contact missions quicker with my Buzzard. Contact missions are predictable enough to easily make every missile count so that cooldown isn't an issue. It's so much quicker and maneuverable that it makes up for not having the "ray beam of death" explosive cannon.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

The Hunter's firepower makes people lose their nerves easily.

In the end (if they're of the mind to do it anyway) they'll be killing themselves all over the place, and panic easily.

Also, a lucky hit on a jet:

• Mattoropael, FlacidJack, Cutter De Blanc and 9 others like this

Darkwing_F
  • Darkwing_F

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

At least NPCs get nervous. I watched the first video and have not been impressed much. :cry:  But I still have the plan to buy a Hunter...

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

Both.
Savage against NPCs (I love doing headhunter with it) and if you have no co pilot.
Hunter for PvP or if you have a co pilot.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

Hunter even in it's standard form is better, although I really f*cking hope that when we are able to purchase it, that we can switch the HMG to be controlled by the pilot, and not the second person in the heli.

At least I assume that's why there is an MG on the front, with a second seat at the front & I wasn't able to switch to it..

The free fire cluster f*ck rockets are good I suppose, but it turns like a cruise ship, can be easily merked by a laser (as with basically everything) ... For me it'll depend on how much punishment it can take with max armour + whether they'll allow me as the pilot to operate the gun, because that is a critical factor in dogfights. 

• Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:47 PM Edited by Commander S, 05 September 2017 - 11:49 PM.

Well, the Savage:

- costs about than 2/3 the price of the Hydra (not entirely sure of the exact trade discount, but still...)

- ticks all my Metal Gear Solid nostalgia boxes

- doesn't require me to fork out an extra couple of million and get stuck with Ron's smuggling business, just to be able to buy the thing... :rol:

That's where it matters to me - already own a Savage (and a Buzzard before that), don't see myself getting the Hunter any time soon (probably ever...). Bit miffed that R*'s idiotic arbitrary paywalls mean that I'm likely locked out of getting the Molotok or Nokota for the same reason, but considering we could own Pegasus vehicles just fine for years, and we didn't need to buy Benny's in order to even access things like Lowriders (you can still buy a Faction as-is, for example), the current approach is just utter bobbins, IMO. :p

• Gridl0k and Goingcrowd9 like this

VercettiKiller
  • VercettiKiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

I prefer the hunter, already flown on missions and it's very stable and can fire multiple missiles, also is from the 3D era, something very nostalgic.

• The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:35 AM Edited by Happy Hunter, 06 September 2017 - 06:39 AM.

Hunter even in it's standard form is better, although I really f*cking hope that when we are able to purchase it, that we can switch the HMG to be controlled by the pilot, and not the second person in the heli.

At least I assume that's why there is an MG on the front, with a second seat at the front & I wasn't able to switch to it..

The free fire cluster f*ck rockets are good I suppose, but it turns like a cruise ship, can be easily merked by a laser (as with basically everything) ... For me it'll depend on how much punishment it can take with max armour + whether they'll allow me as the pilot to operate the gun, because that is a critical factor in dogfights. 

Oh I'm 99.9% sure you can't use the gun solo in any situation, sadly.

(Taken from reddit) :

WRKWDIi.png

Both say "gunner" on them.

This is obviously going to hurt it when it's fighting other aerial vehicles - especially jets. The missile barrage might make that feel a little better (haven't had enough time to say how much, though I did shoot down a Molotok/mig with it). But it's no substitute for a cannon.

If you do have someone to use it though, it has a great range. The stock, non-explosive one is 400m. The upgraded explosive one is 250m. That's 50m more than the Valkyrie, and 50m less than a homing launcher lock on.

Still a very good helicopter in my opinion. It takes a lot more damage than other helicopters:

(Courtesy of the honourable Classique, posted in the Hunter appreciation thread) :

Great news about the damage it can take.

STOCK: 
One Homing Missile, blows up on the 2nd.
750 Mingun Bullets.
3-4 shots with the Explosive Sniper.

UPGRADED:
Two Homing Missiles, blows up on the 3rd.
950 Minigun Bullets.
5-6 shots with the Explosive Sniper.

Keep in mind theese are when the Hunter is unoccupied. It can take around double damage if it's occupied. However, I'm not sure this rule counts for the Explosive Sniper.

A comparison:

The turning/yaw will also be able to be improved via handling upgrades, I've been told.

It's fast too.

(Courtesy of the honourable Gaffa) :

Countermeasures are obviously a massive plus when comparing to other helicopters.

Oh, and dropping bombs feels really satisfying.

HFSREFt.gif

• Gridl0k, Sentinel Driver and SHOKKERZ91 like this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

Just hate the long wait for this now

duskpanthers
  • duskpanthers

Rat

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

The hunter flies incredibly smooth
Such as shame the pilot can't use the front mounted gun. What a waste.

Savage or hunter? Wait until hunter has been released to find flaws before you decide.

But pilot can use the barrage bombs which is powerful enough?

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Oh I'm 99.9% sure you can't use the gun solo in any situation, sadly.

(Taken from reddit) :

About the explosive cannon range... what's the range of the lasers explosive cannon? 

If the ranges are even remotely comparable then with the right pilot/gunner combo this thing could be a serious threat to Jets which would be amazing to finally have some power shift back to helis. 

As for no gun solo, that f*cking sucks tbh... but if he trade off is an explosive gunner then that's interesting, plus the increased armour and countermeasures.

• Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

About the explosive cannon range... what's the range of the lasers explosive cannon? 

If the ranges are even remotely comparable then with the right pilot/gunner combo this thing could be a serious threat to Jets which would be amazing to finally have some power shift back to helis. 

As for no gun solo, that f*cking sucks tbh... but if he trade off is an explosive gunner then that's interesting, plus the increased armour and countermeasures.

Just a little shorter than the cannon on the Valkyrie, I think.

Here you can see the Savage, Valkyrie, and a Hydra at 0:13:

So, the Hunter being 50m longer than the Valkyrie - that gives it a decent amount of range over the jets. That's assuming you're using the explosive cannon too - if you left it stock, then it has an extra 150m; it reaches very far then.

Dive bombing is obviously going to be the big threat to it. I found it can swing up quite well though. Not as well as if they'd taken off the auto-stabilization (like the San Andreas Hunter) - but better than most the helicopters in this game in my opinion. Plus, sitting near buildings and stuff you could obviously make it more difficult for them.

• GTP_Monkey likes this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:33 AM

Just a little shorter than the cannon on the Valkyrie, I think.

Here you can see the Savage, Valkyrie, and a Hydra at 0:13:

So, the Hunter being 50m longer than the Valkyrie - that gives it a decent amount of range over the jets. That's assuming you're using the explosive cannon too - if you left it stock, then it has an extra 150m; it reaches very far then.

Dive bombing is obviously going to be the big threat to it. I found it can swing up quite well though. Not as well as if they'd taken off the auto-stabilization (like the San Andreas Hunter) - but better than most the helicopters in this game in my opinion. Plus, sitting near buildings and stuff you could obviously make it more difficult for them.

Yeah, Dive bombing is always the threat, but I wonder if basically backflips will be as effective as they were in GTA IV, especially if the thing has an explosive cannon. 

Another thing is as long as the pilot is in control of CEO with Ghost/OTR, and monitors the map effectively, he can easily adjust altitude so that a jet has to come from below, or the cat and mouse with range/altitude to where he would onlky come close if he's at a higher altitude. 

Not many jet pilots are gonna be thinking that far ahead either, like the 1%ers to be honest, but having said that, I guess that's also true of the Hunter pilots.

I mean, how many hunter pilots are going to be even remotely decent, and have a gunner, and monitor the map and have all the skills of a veteran GTA player... probably not many. 

Oh well, it'll still be fun, and at this point there are so many games around the corner I don't really care.

• Goingcrowd9 and GTP_Monkey like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Hunter 100%. I've no doubt the PV version fully upgraded will be a beast.

I'm still getting use to the handling, but I've had years of experience flying a Savage, so I'm sure it will come good with practice.
  • GTP_Monkey likes this

d3mentu
  • d3mentu

Get Lost in the Bush!

• Members
  • Romania
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hunter 100% is CG Savage is OG :D

ibsmokin
  • ibsmokin

Gta junkie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

I just wish the Hunter handled like it should, in real life it is agile as f*ck. We don't need to be able to do flips in it like San Andreas but you should be able to achieve at least 45°tilt at full acceleration. Explosive cannon would be nice to operate via pilot but it would be op as f*ck if we got both.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Dingleberry Pie
  • Dingleberry Pie

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

Neither as both are food for the return of the tank (2069). 

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:47 AM Edited by MajorVienna, 08 September 2017 - 04:34 AM.

Voted Savage. It's nice the Savage got the buff but it should get more. It's only just lobby-worthy now. Either give it bombs (never going to happen), carbon props for off radar like the Microlite, more armor, or more speed. If they give it countermeasures then I guess I'd grudgingly accept.

If I end up buying the Hunter, it'd be because of the hovering bombing spam capability, as the planes have to fly around for another pass except Tula.

• Goingcrowd9, GTP_Monkey and Nossirag like this

Death Rains From Above
  • Death Rains From Above

Pharah Main

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:17 PM Edited by Death Rains From Above, 08 September 2017 - 10:22 PM.

As much as I love my Savage, especially now with the buffed armor, I'm gonna have to admit that the Hunter is the superior chopper here.

First off, it's a damn Apache (mostly), who doesn't love Apache helicopters!

Second, it's able to drop bombs, making the Hunter both an attack heli AND a bomber.

Third, accurate seating placements!

Fourth, a gimballed forward gun. Unfortunately it requires a gunner, but if one has friends, that won't be an issue.

Last, but certainly not least, the Hunter can launch missile barrages that make the Pharah-main in me extremely happy. :D

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that we're gonna have to wait several weeks at the very least to be able to buy it. Then again, that gives us plenty of time to scrape together the cash to purchase it.
  • Goingcrowd9, GTP_Monkey, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:38 AM

I' surprised to see the Savage and Hunter so close on the poll. Then again, I'm apt to side with the Savage simply because it has a Hydra cannon on the front.

• GTP_Monkey likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

• IamCourtney, secrecy274 and GTP_Monkey like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users