The enemy NPC Aircraft in Air Freight Cargo missions

30 replies to this topic
Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

It goes without saying that these flying hostiles are complete crap in terms of threat. They're given missiles that barely track you at all and have a really bad AI when they're dogfighting. They don't even use their guns either.

BUT, should you end up on foot with six of these hostiles swarming you, it's hell on earth. You'll just constantly get spawn killed over and over with a little bit of time to retaliate. Funny enough, Homing Missiles are useless here. 

...so this makes me think, what if we could hire some NPC aircraft to assist in various scenarios?

Since you're f*cked if you're swarmed on foot, how about hiring these guys against an unsuspecting player like Merryweather Mercenaries? I'd be laughing my butt off constantly to watch the guy get spawn killed while trying desperately to survive.

Or perhaps hire them to fly to your location and attack anyone nearby just like the Backup Helicopter? Sure they'd be useless in practicality, but it would be so awesome to see allied planes giving some air cover.

Other than that, would you guys like to see a more challenging AI to fight or would you prefer the way they are now for easier mission completion?

• ash-274 and JustCallMeNiko like this

Hazzardtohimself
  • Hazzardtohimself

Terrible driver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Although the logical answer to being outgunning when on foot is to have backup from other players, you raise a good point.

I'm surprised that Rockstar haven't implimented a cash grab​ option to have AI on your side. Even if they are cannon fodder like you said and most people wouldn't use them due to their hopelessness, it would be an interesting concept. I don't reckon they'd ever be scripted enough to fetch crates for you (instead of you having to dive into water to grab stuff) but they could attack enemy NPCs if nothing else.

• Silencer555 likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

I've already bitched about NPC aircraft programming for years, and more recently again in several threads... so I'll just say I agree.

• gtafan26 and Silencer555 like this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Other players outside my organization jumped in and tried to help me out. Even they failed with Hydras and Buzzards.

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Agree these new npc are lethal to you when you're on foot. Would be awesome to be able to employ them like mercs.

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

I like flying close to the water, the AI crash in to the Ocean and Alamo Sea every. damn. time. It's almost unfair.

• gtafan26, Skeve613, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:31 AM

I got caught in a spam trap yesterday....I had 2 jets and 2 choppers just outright destroying me about 7-10 seconds after each spawn.

If I tried spawning a chopper, the chopper took too long to get the blades turning so I'd die there.

Finally I got the bright idea to do the CEO Spawn a BeeJay SUV.....I ran to that and fortunately cars start up quick and I was hauling ass in no time.  Once I got going, it was a breeze.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'll have to edit and upload the editor footage I got with the destroy jets SR cargo mission, the one that they fly right at you before you can get into the fighter all the way across Ft. Zancudo's landing strip. I had discovered that if your character is running forward, then the jets will always shoot a missile at where your character was a second ago. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

If you've ever been hunted down by a glitched out Laser from the base while on foot you knew all about this years ago :p, they do not miss, one round death every time and they chase you all over the map forever. 

• Silencer555 likes this

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

If you've ever been hunted down by a glitched out Laser from the base while on foot you knew all about this years ago :p, they do not miss, one round death every time and they chase you all over the map forever. 

I'm getting Vietnam style flashbacks just thinking about it lmao. God that jet was ruthless.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I encountered the spawn-slaughter Lazers after getting slapped out of the air by a Cargo Plane's (impossibly-fast roll rate) winglet.  Landed in the barren, hopeless wasteland that is the far northeast part of the map.

Stand up and look for a road KABLAM!  Wasted

Pull up Mors Mutual to get my Hydra back KABLAM!  Wasted

Try to call again KABLAM!  Wasted

No cover anywhere, so I try a homing missile KABLAM!  Wasted and I lost half the ammo for it, though I did shoot one down

Try again KABLAM!  Wasted and now it's empty

Try the Explosive Sniper KABLAM!  Wasted and F-me if I'm going to have those bullets stolen, so forget that plan

Ran into traffic to get a ride screech/splat Wasted

Did it again in a way to slow the cars down first and stole a car and finally called Mors.  Hydra spawned by the lighthouse, so I survived that drive and was able to take off and rush to the Cargo Planes, that were now well past the south edge of the city.  Shot them down at what must have been right near the self-destruct edge of the map and got the package out of the air, but now I have to get back to Fort Zancudo and those Lazers just kept on coming (with a timer).  Shot down five more pairs of them and dropped the cargo onto the hanger roof with under a minute left.  I used to think that was one of the fun and easy missions.

• Rafae, Red Lynx 23 and Silencer555 like this

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I encountered the spawn-slaughter Lazers after getting slapped out of the air by a Cargo Plane's (impossibly-fast roll rate) winglet.  Landed in the barren, hopeless wasteland that is the far northeast part of the map.

No cover anywhere, so I try a homing missile KABLAM!  Wasted and I lost half the ammo for it, though I did shoot one down

Try the Explosive Sniper KABLAM!  Wasted and F-me if I'm going to have those bullets stolen, so forget that plan

Did it again in a way to slow the cars down first and stole a car and finally called Mors.  Hydra spawned by the lighthouse, so I survived that drive and was able to take off and rush to the Cargo Planes, that were now well past the south edge of the city.  Shot them down at what must have been right near the self-destruct edge of the map and got the package out of the air, but now I have to get back to Fort Zancudo and those Lazers just kept on coming (with a timer).  Shot down five more pairs of them and dropped the cargo onto the hanger roof with under a minute left.  I used to think that was one of the fun and easy missions.

And this is why I see so much potential for use as a replacement for our typical MerryWeather Mercs as a service against players.

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's a Tula mission where you need to use rebreathers to collect the crate. I've learned after a 2nd time that instead of landing the Tula near the pickup, I instead call for the CEO Buzzard, and take that to the location. Those NPC Buzzards with laser guided accuracy are a b****.

• ash-274 likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's a Tula mission where you need to use rebreathers to collect the crate. I've learned after a 2nd time that instead of landing the Tula near the pickup, I instead call for the CEO Buzzard, and take that to the location. Those NPC Buzzards with laser guided accuracy are a b****.

Just use the Tula's JATO thrust to take off from the water after picking up the cargo.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just use the Tula's JATO thrust to take off from the water after picking up the cargo.

That is, if you can get in the damn thing.  It's nearly impossible to get in the tula while it's in the water.  You have to get on top of it, press F, and hope that you teleport inside before you're shot to death.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

On top of it? The door is on the left side not on the top? Just get back on surface from under the water and get close to the door. I never had any problems getting in as long as I parked the Tula extremely close to the cargo.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

On top of it? The door is on the left side not on the top? Just get back on surface from under the water and get close to the door. I never had any problems getting in as long as I parked the Tula extremely close to the cargo.

When I pushed F, my character would move towards the door, and then "give up" on getting inside.  Repeat a bunch of times, and I would give up, and I figured out that if you climb onto the tail end behind the rear gun, pressing F might teleport you inside.  So yeah.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Welp it's not like that for me at all on PS4

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I park it on the barge. That way I can get out of the water and enjoy a little cover against the door-gunners on the choppers before taking them out and taking off vertically.

But after the first two times I used my Buzzard. Use the PA one, so that I can use my close-spawning CEO one if things still go sideways.
  • Rafae likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

it is an easy mission till you get killed then its a bloody nightmare if like you your out in the open, I always try to find a tree or building to hide behind then plan my escape

Go in a savage from hanger blow up all the npcs land on the barge dive down get crate back onto barge edge missile both helos then jujmp over and into your savage, you should just get away far enough before they respawn

• ash-274 likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I personally think they are coded to wind the player the f*ck up when on foot, I seriously mean it.

When you are in the air they cat hit you, they fly stupidly and can be tricked into crashing into everything. I can outclass and maneuver in my Ultralight but once you are on the ground it all changes, they suddenly become crack pilots doing barrel rolls and threading missiles into insane gaps.

I crashed my Ultralight by mistake on the edge of the city and went to hide under a bridge, a NPC jet swoops over and threads a missile under the bridge and through the supports to hit me directly.

• Silencer555, Xiled and GTP_Monkey like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I park it on the barge. That way I can get out of the water and enjoy a little cover against the door-gunners on the choppers before taking them out and taking off vertically.

But after the first two times I used my Buzzard. Use the PA one, so that I can use my close-spawning CEO one if things still go sideways.

I was doing that with a Hydra. A tight fit, but totally possible to land on the barge. Shooting out the door gunners while in cover on the barge, then an easy fast flight back to the hangar, almost feels like cheating.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Red Lynx 23, 3 weeks ago.

I discovered that they are excellent at hitting you if you stand still. So if the NPC jets do catch me on solid ground, I always run and gun. Keep running as they send missiles where you were a second ago. Then after the last one passes, pull out the explosive sniper rifle and put a round or two up their ass.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

And this is why I see so much potential for use as a replacement for our typical MerryWeather Mercs as a service against players.

Can they attack other players? The ones that are nearby but not involved into the SR activity?

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

So, how do you shoot down a helicopter that is chasing you when you're in a plane?  Missiles don't work, because by the time you get turned around to face them, they've simply turned around to fly towards them and therefore they miss.  (then again, any form of homing launcher is f*cking ass against NPC helicopters :/

If you try to shoot them with your guns, you have to fly straight at them, and they shoot the f*ck out of your plane.  You can run away, but you'll also get shot as they kick it into turbodrive.  

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

So, how do you shoot down a helicopter that is chasing you when you're in a plane?  Missiles don't work, because by the time you get turned around to face them, they've simply turned around to fly towards them and therefore they miss.  (then again, any form of homing launcher is f*cking ass against NPC helicopters :/

If you try to shoot them with your guns, you have to fly straight at them, and they shoot the f*ck out of your plane.  You can run away, but you'll also get shot as they kick it into turbodrive.  

Which plane are you talking about specifically?

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Which plane are you talking about specifically?

Any of them, really, my Molotok, tula, so on....  the hydra is fine because of its death beam, but it's harder with the others.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Molotok.. really? 😂

I could understand the Tula or Mogul in which case you're just f*cked as they can't outrun the Buzzards nor can you shoot them. You just have to rely on protection from others in that scenario.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Molotok.. really?

I could understand the Tula or Mogul in which case you're just f*cked as they can't outrun the Buzzards nor can you shoot them. You just have to rely on protection from others in that scenario.

Okay, well in the molotok I can just fly away, but it pisses me off that those little asshole buzzards are somehow missile proof and if you wanna shoot them with your guns, then they'll shoot you with twice as many bullets  :angry:

• Rafae likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Rafae, 3 weeks ago.

Rockstar logic buddy :D

You find ways to deal with it rather than question it :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users