SASaveEdit100 claims that I cheated

3 replies to this topic
miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

When loading my save through this editor, the checkbox that says Cheated is ticked, even though I haven't.

Does anybody else get this in their save file?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:03 AM Edited by OrionSR, 02 September 2017 - 01:04 AM.

Yes, I get that too. If you load a save with cheats does it turn it off? 

SASE1.00 is an awesome save viewer, but it has some odd quirks, so I don't trust using it to edit my good saves. But then again, I'm quite skilled with a hex editor so I've got more options than most players. Try to use the Savegame Editor v3.x if you can, and if you do choose to edit with SASE it'll probably work well enough. Please, if you find anything else amiss then let me know so I can add it to the list.

What I've noticed with SASE is that the cheat flag is enabled unexpectedly, sometimes CJ isn't wearing the same clothing, and the zones don't seem to map properly. I figure that if these problems are easily identified, then there are probably other issues that aren't so obvious, but I haven't attempted a detailed analysis of SASE's integrity. 

• miserkatulle likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

You have the nerve to use a Save EDITER, and claim you are not cheating.
It sometimes happens when hitting keys/buttons too fast.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:30 AM Edited by OrionSR, 02 September 2017 - 04:40 AM.

You have the nerve to use a Save EDITER, and claim you are not cheating.

lol, yeah. I was wondering about that too. It could be the author's choice to enable the cheat flag when editing. That's why I was asking what happens if the flag was already enabled. But the point is, SASE will load a cheat free save and display and save the cheat flag unless it's un-ticked. I suspect it's just a minor logic glitch but it's hard to guess at the intent of the author.

Update: If SASE loads a save the Cheat Flag is enabled. The status of the cheated flag doesn't make a difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users