Ultralight is fully functional with a broken engine

10 replies to this topic
DarknessInferno
  • DarknessInferno

Defence Master

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

I found this very interesting and thought some might like to be aware. Some... intrepid individual thought it was a good idea to snipe me out of my my Ultralight while I was parked, letting a mate have a go. After I finished shoving his head firmly up his own rectum and feeling I'd gotten my feelings across in a way he'd understand, I went back to my Ultralight to find the engine well and truly dead. He'd missed me twice while trying to snipe me and hit the engine block, I'm sure you who own it are aware how flimsy it is. Well, I only discovered it was broken after I'd already gotten in it and pressed RT. To my surprise, when I did so, the wind picked me up and set me off with a good bit of initial hight. After I was in the air, I was able to completely glide without loosing any altitude, like a proper Hang Glider, all the way back to the airfield for repairs. I was quite impressed, the little guy was still doing his job after being completely battered and rendered immobile.

TLDR:

The Ultralight is still enterable with a broken engine, and when the acceleration button is pressed, you're picked up by the wind, and off you go, free to glide to your destination.

• livejoker, gtafan26, flexcreator and 1 other like this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

Makes sense since it's pretty much just a hang glider with an engine. Good to know though.
  • gtafan26, Nossirag and DarknessInferno like this

TexasRocks
  • TexasRocks

GFY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

Nice. Did you happen to figure out how to fire gun on it?

DarknessInferno
  • DarknessInferno

Defence Master

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

Nice. Did you happen to figure out how to fire gun on it?

Fire the gun that you put onto it, you mean? Just like any other gun on an air vehicle, I guess, except it's gimballed so you can aim it in almost any direction.

• TexasRocks likes this

TexasRocks
  • TexasRocks

GFY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

Mine must be bugged. X won't fire it, which is the normal fire button, nor anything else.

DarknessInferno
  • DarknessInferno

Defence Master

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

Mine must be bugged. X won't fire it, which is the normal fire button, nor anything else.

Can't help you there I'm afraid. If it's X you're pressing then I'm guessing you're on PS4? I'm on Xbox One and I've not had any issues. Bit of a stupid thing to ask, and don't take this the wrong way, but you did make sure to cycle to that gun before trying to use it, yeah? That's the only non-glitch solution I can think of, so I just thought I'd ask.

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

To fire the gun you need to switch to it using X like a normal vehicle weapon and press X on PS4, A on Xbox One and what ever default sprint is on PC.

If you hold reverse/brake for long enough the engine will power down into an idle state and you can glide to your hearts content.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

It's also fully functional without a pilot as the video below shows

• livejoker, Cutter De Blanc, gtafan26 and 3 others like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

Nice vid Squirrel :)

Seeing as they are off radar when gliding I can well imagine somebody chasing an empty Ultralight trying to lock on or get canon kill, would be great to watch.

OBeef619
  • OBeef619

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

Don't jump out at height. Takes ages for it to land. I thought someone had stole it but nope, just kept gliding around until it finally crashed into a pylon. Fun vehicle.
  • gtafan26, jrl51592, JuniorChubb and 2 others like this

TexasRocks
  • TexasRocks

GFY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:11 PM Edited by TexasRocks, 01 September 2017 - 03:12 PM.

Can't help you there I'm afraid. If it's X you're pressing then I'm guessing you're on PS4? I'm on Xbox One and I've not had any issues. Bit of a stupid thing to ask, and don't take this the wrong way, but you did make sure to cycle to that gun before trying to use it, yeah? That's the only non-glitch solution I can think of, so I just thought I'd ask.

Lol, you know, I was very tired last night, and that's probably what I forgot to do. Guess I was thinking since it only had one gun it should already be on it. Anyway yeah, I was probably just being an idiot again. Thanks for the help.
  • gtafan26 and DarknessInferno like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users