27 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:33 AM

I have the game for PS2, but I'm not sure what version it is. How would I find out?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:21 AM Edited by lil weasel, 01 September 2017 - 06:36 PM.

The Disc should say "Second Edition" if it is v2.
On the main menu screen if it is Vernon 2 it will say so at the bottom Right of the screen
Version One, has none of this.

How to tell the difference between v1 and v2.
Telling the difference between V1 and V2 of SA

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

Oh i am sorry, always thought the Special Edition was released day one.

Original
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Adults Only

2004 UPC 7 1042527410 7

The original, "Hot Coffee", hidden sex Mini-Game, In 2004 San Andreas was released with a Mature rating on the case and Adult content that no one knew was there. In late 2005 the Adult content was discovered. The game was re-rated Adult. Production was halted. 15 million copies and every one says Mature, that is why they were recalled. The Adult version says Mature.

Edited To Mature
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Special Edition

2005 UPC 7 1042527918 8

The special edition of the game is now rated M instead of Adults Only and includes THE INTRODUCTION, a video recapping the major story events up to San Andreas and SUNDAY DRIVER, a documentary film about a low rider car club in Los Angeles.

Edited To Mature
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Greatest Hits

2006 UPC 7 1042527888 4

https://www.gamefaqs...ndreas/69023453
At least i am smarter now  :D

also u can use the aragorn's quest as new cover for other games with broken cover (like the disc holder)

Original topic.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:05 PM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 01 September 2017 - 04:46 PM.

-snip-

Does this also include EU copies, or just US?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

I wish I could help you out, but I honestly don't know how to tell the difference.  The reason I know I have V1 for SA is cuz I bought it in 2004 very close to the Release Date.  Same as III, VC, IV, and V, while I bought LCS, VCS, TLaD, TBoGT, and CW very, very late.  They weren't making any other Versions of SA at the time I bought it.  Not only that, my Version has the V1 Quirks you read about Online like having the ability to move CJ in the cutscene of Beatdown on B Dup and that one Cluckin' Bell in Los Santos being unused, amongst other things...

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

-snip-

Does this also include EU copies, or just US?

Really I don't know, should work. But if you can confirm if it works with PAL/EU copies too, would be great.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:31 AM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 02 September 2017 - 01:31 AM.

my Version has the V1 Quirks you read about Online like having the ability to move CJ in the cutscene of Beatdown on B Dup and that one Cluckin' Bell in Los Santos being unused, amongst other things...

What's that about the Cluckin' Bell? If you can tell me which one it is, and what's special about it, I can tell you if my disc has it or not.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

It's a Cluckin' Bell sort of near the location where Gray Imports takes place, but you can't enter it like all the other Fast Food Restaurants if I remember and understand correctly.  How I like keeping Stats to a minimum, well "Meals Eaten" Stat is one of them in SA.  You only need to eat food ONE TIME in the Mission "Ryder" early on and "needing to eat" in SA is a complete myth as you don't need to.  Only in this Mission.  Similar to that of Drive-By, which is the ONLY Mission in SA where you absolutely NEED a Pay and Spray Visit in the Stats.  I keep the Meals Eaten and Pay and Spray Visit Stat to 1 by 100%, which is the lowest.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:24 AM

A visual difference between PS2 v1 and v2 is that they added an icon to the map for the "unmarked" Cluckin' Bell in the northwest of the Market district.

For more information on UPC versions, check out SA's release data available on GameFAQs.com.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

For more information on UPC versions, check out SA's release data available on GameFAQs.com.

That page is helpful, thanks.

I have SLES-52541 according to that page. So it's v1 then?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

Yep. V1 and PAL. Well, if you can believe the label. I have found GameFAQs' release data to be accurate. You might want to check that Cluck'in Bell anyway.

There isn't much of a difference between PAL and NTSC/UC. The scripts are the same; saves are compatible if you can figure out how to move them between PAL and NTSC folders. Memory offsets are off by 0x100; a fixed difference so it's easy to convert cheat codes.

PS2v1... The game crashes if CJ paints a Vortex in a PnS and exits the vehicle. And crashes if CJ tries to enter an RC Cam without first disabling car doors. The unused PnS is active behind Camel Toe, but the door is broken. This garage was actually removed in PS2v2, but no other version.

PS2v1!!! You've got the off the map turf glitch to play with. You could be one of the first to experiment with intentional turf glitches using the new map.

• skills and HalfOfAKebab like this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:58 AM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 02 September 2017 - 11:08 AM.

PS2v1... The game crashes if CJ paints a Vortex in a PnS and exits the vehicle.

I just tested it, my disc has this bug. So it's definitely v1?

Edit: The glitched PnS in Las Venturas is accessible too.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:12 PM Edited by OrionSR, 02 September 2017 - 12:30 PM.

When do we hit sigma 5?

• No version notice on title screen of v1 - although I'm not exactly sure how this works on PS2. Check
  • UPC code matches SAv1 PAL. Check
  • Vortex PnS glitch exclusive to v1. Check
  • Cluck'in Bell in Market is unmarked on v1.
  • Gangs spawn in off-the-map glitched turfs. Later, glitched gang colors on map.
  • data\script\main.scm on disk matches 10/5/2004 11:27:44 PM (3,122,002 bytes) for v1
    data\script\main.scm on disk matches 8/18/2005 6:06:55 PM (3,133,206 bytes) for v2 (Greatest Hits)
  • Unused PnS near Camel Toe is active with a broken door on v1. Check
    Reports suggest all PnS signage was removed in later versions.
    Listed under grge in data\maps\vegas\vegasse.ipl
    "2389.6, 1483.26, 9.81843, 2398.11, 1483.26, 2389.6, 1497.84, 15.6841, 5, 5, timy1"
  • Life's a Beach requires 4000 points to pass on v1, but only 3000 points on v2.
  • Supply Lines is tough to pass even when you know what you're doing on v1.
  • Saves identified as PS2v1 by GTASnP.
  • SAv1 PAL cheat codes work.
  • RC Cam entering glitch exclusive to v1.
  • Censored mini-game works if cheat code or edits mess with the flags.
  • blantas, MorsPrincipiumEst and HalfOfAKebab like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:30 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 02 September 2017 - 12:33 PM.

Life's a Beach requires 4000 points to pass on v1, but only 3000 points on v2.

Supply Lines is tough to pass even when you know what you're doing on v1.

Yes, these are very important and totally slipped my mind.  I knew there was other, major things I was forgetting, lol...

However, why people find Life's a Beach actually difficult to get 4,000 or more just suck at the Mission, I'd assume.  In my Stats after passing that Mission it says "Last Dance Score: 7,640."  So why on earth people find 4,000 difficult?  Who the f*ck knows...But yeah, my Version instructs me to get 4,000 or more, so that is another indication it's V1...

And Supply Lines.......Don't get me started.  No matter what I do, I can NOT pass this first try when Zero's Missions become unlocked.  It takes UNDER 10 tries, but over 3-4 tries every single time.  Meanwhile, how many times did I complete SA to 100% on 2 Platforms?  Over 10, yet on PS2 V1 this Mission is just so stupid and when you reach Zero's Roof and actually PASS the damn Mission, you have like a spec of Fuel left.  Then I see people always posting their SnP Saves for others to pass flying Missions on Mobile, yet, for me on Mobile, I can pass Supply Lines... first try with Touch Screens and I have 80%! Fuel left by the time I get back to Zero's Roof, so clearly the Mission's Fuel and how fast it goes down is drastically different on PS2 V1 and people without the same PS2 Version always moan how easy Supply Lines... is.  Yeah, no sh*t, cuz they aren't are on PS2 V1.  It's the ONLY Mission out of all 162 (total Attempts by 100% on PS2) that takes a handful of Attempts to pass while the other 161 Missions/Side Missions are guaranteed first try to pass since like I said, I did SA like 12-13 times now to 100% since 2006 and it's incredibly easy, so clearly something is wrong with Supply Lines... and it's not "sucking at flying" cuz I can do just fine even with sh*t Touch Screens and I can do just fine in Flying School with all Gold, and on the first go.  Not even repeated Attempts for Gold.  I just activate said lesson, do it, get Gold, move on.  So flying is very simple, but Supply Lines on PS2 V1 is surely a killer...

@HalfOfAKebab, it'll be interesting to know if Girlfriends become glitches for you on PS2 V1 like they do for me.  The Red Markers disappear entirely if I "skip" a Date with them and they literally never come back unless I wait in front of their House for over a day in-game and just wait for the Red Marker to appear EVEN THOUGH I am there at the designated time of day they SHOULD be home.  This is also a "fun killer" and makes the game really annoying on PS2 V1, especially if you need the 5 AP Jealous Girlfriend Vehicles or plan to convert many Vehicles to AP using the Girlfriend Dates.  Go to their House, never home!  Not to worry, I got 5 other Girlfriends right?  Go to their Houses...NEVER HOME!

So it would be interesting to see if this is an issue for you as well, like it is for me and on ALL my PS2 Saves since the beginning of time, it has been an issue.  It's not random.  It's GOING TO HAPPEN every time I do a Save on PS2...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

When do we hit sigma 5?

I was just making sure there's no other versions that have both of those characteristics my disc has.

Thanks for that massive list though, it's interesting to see all the differences. Are there any more?

@HalfOfAKebab, it'll be interesting to know if Girlfriends become glitches for you on PS2 V1 like they do for me.  The Red Markers disappear entirely if I "skip" a Date with them and they literally never come back unless I wait in front of their House for over a day in-game and just wait for the Red Marker to appear EVEN THOUGH I am there at the designated time of day they SHOULD be home.  This is also a "fun killer" and makes the game really annoying on PS2 V1, especially if you need the 5 AP Jealous Girlfriend Vehicles or plan to convert many Vehicles to AP using the Girlfriend Dates.  Go to their House, never home!  Not to worry, I got 5 other Girlfriends right?  Go to their Houses...NEVER HOME!

So it would be interesting to see if this is an issue for you as well, like it is for me and on ALL my PS2 Saves since the beginning of time, it has been an issue.  It's not random.  It's GOING TO HAPPEN every time I do a Save on PS2...

I'll be sure to let you know if I ever get around to playing the girlfriend content.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:26 PM Edited by OrionSR, 02 September 2017 - 08:28 PM.

When do we hit sigma 5?

Thanks for that massive list though, it's interesting to see all the differences. Are there any more?

Oh, yeah. Plenty of details but most can be summed up with what's listed above. Size of main.scm determines most of the differences in save type, but also difference in how missions play out or marked on the map. You could decompile both script versions with Sanny Builder and run a file compare utility to hunt for differences.

Data files also make a big difference. I didn't see too many changes in the text files obvious on the disk, but there seems to be quite a few changes to the streamed binary files within GTA3.DAT  - what happens in the environment that is supplemented by data files and scripts. There are tools to view the contents of these files, but I'm too far out of practice to offer much guidance. 

And then there's differences in how the engine handles things. Flying off the map doesn't glitch turfs, for example. I'm wondering about how mixed turfs are displayed. On PS2v1 I was having a hard time identifying mixed turfs because the mixed color was a dull gray. On other versions the gang with highest density, and lowest index if tied, has their colors displayed on the map.

What else? IIRC, PS2v1 doesn't have a clear area for boat school. So... hadn't thought of this before, if PS2v1 has the same impound glitch as PC, it should have fewer issues with inappropriate impounds at the SFPD. BTW, I'm working from memory on most of this stuff, and I'm not current on the details. You can probably find confirmation for most of my claims buried somewhere on these forums, but if you've got specific questions I can probably dig up proof again if needed.

Several items listed I had long since forgotten, but I found some useful posts by RARusk, a well know FAQ author, that helped fill in some missing pieces. I just trusted his numbers for Life's a Beach without bothering to confirm it (thanks Militia, confirmation is appreciated). I didn't make a thorough review of the subject. You are bound to find more details in old posts than I can ever offer, and not necessarily on GTAF for PS2 related content.

Oh, um. There's probably a difference in the tattoo shop in Hashbury. Something about that shop linking to a common tattoo interior on PS2v1 but all other versions link to a unique interior with special tattoo options. Also, there may be a difference in whether or not this interior is locked at the start of the game. 

I'll keep thinking on it, and will update if I come up with anything unique to my skills.

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:22 AM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 03 September 2017 - 05:23 AM.

Oh, um. There's probably a difference in the tattoo shop in Hashbury. Something about that shop linking to a common tattoo interior on PS2v1 but all other versions link to a unique interior with special tattoo options. Also, there may be a difference in whether or not this interior is locked at the start of the game.

I've checked on a new save, and Hemlock Tattoo (the tattoo shop in Hashbury) is closed at the start of the game.

Also, I'm not too familiar with the unique tattoos you can get from there in some versions. But, from the image below, the Uzi tattoo can be bought from there, but not the San Fiero one. So I don't think you can get the unique tattoos on PS2v1 PAL.

Gta-san-andreas-lost-tattoos.jpg

However, I did get that image from the GTA Wikia, so it might be completely wrong since we all know how unreliable that is. Especially since it outright says that the shop is closed on PS2, which is obviously not true...

Is there anything else I can do to help update some information? I'm not too far into the game on my current save and I have no way of importing saves, so unfortunately it'll take a while if you want me to verify anyything gang-related.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:17 AM Edited by OrionSR, 03 September 2017 - 09:03 AM.

I'm not sure which systems that you have available, but in general, I need SA saves from iOS, Windows Store Remastered, backwards compatible PS3, Japanese PS2, and thing unencrypted from Xbox. Version differences don't matter yet as I've got so few samples to work with. Quality of save doesn't really matter as long as it's somewhat normal. Saves from different stages of the game are helpful. Complete mission archives would be awesome.

But more specific to PS2: I've got most of what I need. I can run NTSC/UC v1 and v2 with AR-Max cheat codes if I need them and have a slow process for managing saves. What I can't do on my own, as you've guessed, is confirm my own results on the off-the-map turf glitches. I'm fairly confident that PAL will work the same as NTSC as the cheat codes for these areas of memory are very well mapped out. But you never know until tested. We'll have to work up some more natural strategies. The custom save part of the process is nearly complete.

And... It's been done before, in another context. I've read detailed reports documenting the differences between PC and PS2, iirc, but I don't remember seeing anything specific to PS2 v1/v2 differences that have been done in a modern context. Now that you've got a lock on the rare version it shouldn't be too inconvenient to pickup the more common version. You could probably learn a lot from these sources as PCv1, the most documented version, has properties which seem to be somewhere between PS2v1 and PS2v2.

Keep in mind that my expertise is in things like save games and glitches, data files modifications, default scripts and game play styles like master saves, gang wars, and to some extent, special vehicle collections. You'll notice a strong correlation with the differences I've noted. Other people are more interested in colors, vegetation, corona flares, holes in the planet and all sorts of things. If you asked someone else you might get a broader perspective.

Let's see. PS2v1 had a really cool tractor trick. Lightning speed tractors? IIRC, it worked for tow trucks too, but not as well, and the trick worked best on heavier vehicles like the Hotdog Trucks. Anyway, hook up the tractor to a hotdog and get up some speed before turning sharply. If done on a hill, like the freeway on the way to Angel Pine, you can launch the Hotdog far into the sea. I'm pretty sure that was patched in all later versions, but it was fun while it lasted.

Crap. I had another and lost it.

Oh yeah. Smokes smash wall. That wasn't it but it's something easy to test in LS. On PS2v1 the smash wall for Smoke's Crack Palace in East LS can be broken with nearly any vehicle, if you hit it hard enough. But a good heavy vehicle like a firetruck should make the job easier. On other versions a SWAT is required to break that wall. Be aware that smashing the wall on a new save will leave a huge hole into gray hell, so you may not want to save the damage. This hole usually gets plugged on new saves restarted after loading and End of the Line save. That's a carry over glitch common to all versions.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

-snip-

"Backwards-compatible PS2"? What's that? And how do I find out if my PS2 is one of them?

Is there a difference between the Greatest Hits edition (PS2v2) and the Platinum edition?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:16 AM Edited by OrionSR, 03 September 2017 - 09:22 AM.

Whoops. I meant bc-PS3. The early models could run PS2 games with hardware support. I think most of the PS2s has backwards compatibility with PS1 until fairly late in the console's lifespan. I'm not all that familiar with the details though. There are some PS2 exploits that won't work without the BC hardware. This isn't a SA specific issue though.

According to the GameFAQs data, Platinum is v2 PAL and Greatest Hits and Special Edition are v2 NTSC/UC, so only Platinum will work in your machine. The UPC codes are different, packaging is different, the marketing and pricing structure was probably different, but as far as all those little details that I tend to track, there is no difference between these versions.

I seem to remember that one of the special vehicle strategies works differently on PS2v1. Something about being able to move B-Dups Infernus during the cut-scene. Maybe, I've got that backwards, or wrong game, or vehicle, or...

Variations in scripts would lead to different results when exploiting OM0 tricks like dupping properties.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Platinum is v2 PAL and Greatest Hits and Special Edition are v2 NTSC/UC, so only Platinum will work in your machine.

Ahh, that makes sense. I was wondering why the hell I could only find a small handful of Greatest Hits copies on eBay UK, and why none of them were PAL.

Thanks for all this information, I've learned a lot. If there's anything you want me to test out with my PS2v1 copy, let me know.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:41 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 03 September 2017 - 12:47 PM.

my Version has the V1 Quirks you read about Online like having the ability to move CJ in the cutscene of Beatdown on B Dup

I seem to remember that one of the special vehicle strategies works differently on PS2v1. Something about being able to move B-Dups Infernus during the cut-scene. Maybe, I've got that backwards, or wrong game, or vehicle, or...

The Video is in the Guide and I've said it in this Topic, right above in my first comment.  But yeah, you can just move CJ in the cutscene, spam Triangle until he enters the Infernus and then drive it into Glen Pond to fail the Mission...Then push it out and drive it to a Garage.  UnholyGrenadeFrenzy discovered it years back and it's still used to this day when I do a traditional Save and go for all Special Vehicles from Story, etc...

However, if you are inside the Infernus and press X to go forward, you get wasted and Infernus deleted.  BUT if you hold X BEFORE the cutscene takes place, continue to hold it all the way through while jacking the Infernus, then you CAN drive it forward and find Glen Pond.  No need to actually drive it in reverse like what was originally discovered...

I never heard of this Method working on ANY Versions of SA other than PS2 V1, though...

As for PS2's and BC, I bought a brand new PS2 Slim from Amazon as late as 2015 and it still runs PS1 Games.  PS3's also run PS1 Games, too, but just not PS2 Games anymore.  Mine runs it all, though.  Every GTA in the entire Series can be played on the PS3 I have other than London 61 (Exclusive to PC), Advance (Exclusive to Gameboy Advance), and Chinatown Wars (Exclusive to DS, PSP, and Mobile).

I just want to know if HalfOfAKebab gets those Girlfriend Glitches I always get in SA where they are never home to truly see if it's a PS2 V1 issue or something I may be doing wrong...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

I just want to know if HalfOfAKebab gets those Girlfriend Glitches I always get in SA where they are never home to truly see if it's a PS2 V1 issue or something I may be doing wrong...

Can you elaborate what the problem actually is? The girlfriend calls you and asks you to pick her up, you say no, and then she's gone forever unless you wait at her house for 24 hours? If you then date her after waiting all that time for the marker to appear, is the glitch fixed?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

It's like this: You "get" a Girlfriend, either unlocked through Story (Burning Desire - Denise and Key to Her Heart - Millie) or by going to their spawn location and asking them to be your Girlfriend or whatever.  Once the Heart is placed on your Map, meaning they are your Girlfriend, you arrive at their House like normal in the designated time frame the Internet says they are available.  So lets just say we are using Millie for this example.  She is available from 12:00 to 22:00.  After 22:00, no Red Marker will be there to date her, so you must wait until 12:00 to date her.  The problem with PS2 V1 from what I think is specific to this Platform and Version is that when you date said Girlfriend in this time frame but then go DO OTHER STUFF while "skipping" a date with them by letting a couple days pass in between your last date, the Red Marker automatically just disappears and becomes nearly permanently glitched.  For instance in my most recent Save I did in SA on PS2, I dated Denise in the beginning, then stopped while I did more Missions and such and her Red Marker hasn't been available since The Green Sabre all the way to End of the Line and all Side Missions in between for 100%.  It just never appears at her house anymore.

So if you date a Girlfriend, over and over and over without doing anything but going on a date, saving game to progress time to the next day, date her again, and rinse and repeat, the Red Marker will be there, but if you DON'T date her, and let the time in-game pass over into the next day, on that day at so and so time frame she SHOULD be available, she won't be, though, and no more Red Markers.  This is true for PS2 it would seem, but not for Mobile and other Platforms.  I can only say what happens on PS2 and Mobile as it's all I own, but I heard nobody claim this stuff on PC and maybe not even Xbox.  It's just a PS2 thing.  It's easy to test.  Just pass Burning Desire, date Denise, but then go do other stuff so her time frame period proceeds to the next day or two and when you go back at ? to ? when she SHOULD be home, no Red Marker ever again...

About the glitch being fixed, I tried this, actually, and THOUGHT if I waited at the House for a day until the next day rolled on in the time frame she was home it would fix it, but it didn't.  I've done Saves on PS2 over 10 times now and I can say that sometimes this glitch DOES fix itself somehow, someway, but it's unknown and Idk what causes it or why it's fixed.  But in my most recent Save, no Red Markers available at all.  Denise, Millie, Barbara and Katie are the Red Hearts on my Map and I can go to Katie's House, take a Photo at 12:00 to show she is never home.  I can do the same with Denise at night, Millie at noon, and Barbara at night, as well.  NEVER f*cking home and it's just annoying and seriously game breaking, yet when I bring this up now for the last 2 years, people just casually dismiss it since they aren't playing PS2 and have no idea what I am talking about.  If you're on PS2 and maybe only V1, this issue is GAME BREAKING.  Not annoying and "later it'll fix itself," but completely game breaking...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:08 PM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 03 September 2017 - 05:10 PM.

So if you date a Girlfriend, over and over and over without doing anything but going on a date, saving game to progress time to the next day, date her again, and rinse and repeat, the Red Marker will be there, but if you DON'T date her, and let the time in-game pass over into the next day, on that day at so and so time frame she SHOULD be available, she won't be, though, and no more Red Markers.

That sounds quite horrifying. I'll test this now, actually. I'll get back to you. I'll edit this post with the results.

Edit: Erm, I forgot I cleared all my saves earlier today. It might be a while before I force myself through the pain and suffering that is the PS2 version of the game far enough to get two girlfriends (because I want to preserve the jealous girlfriend scripts).
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

If I had a save with the girlfriend glitch in place I might be able to figure out what's going on. I've been burned by this glitch on PS2 and PC, but not since I've had the skills to do anything about it.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

If I had a save with the girlfriend glitch in place I might be able to figure out what's going on. I've been burned by this glitch on PS2 and PC, but not since I've had the skills to do anything about it.

So this glitch also affects PC? If you could give me some pointers in replicating this bug, I could try and get a save file with the bug on it for you. I have PCv1.01 EU.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

I don't have enough information on the girlfriend-never-home glitch to offer any guidance. I've had problems with girlfriends never spawning on PC and PS2 but I don't know if the issues are related. I suggest following Militia's suggestions. If you can get it working on PS2 then maybe you can make PC do the same thing and we'll have a good link between the two glitches. I think Militia is close, as his recent observations match my predictions somewhat. But we've discussed my predictions in the past so that might color things a bit. Militia has always been strong on observations, and observations trump predictions, so go with that until more data is available.

• MorsPrincipiumEst and HalfOfAKebab like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users