Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has anyone else successfully lost their wanted level (2 or more stars), only for it to return in sight of police?

13 replies to this topic
itsdevinschramm98
  • itsdevinschramm98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by itsdevinschramm98, 3 weeks ago.

I don't know if this has been brought up prior, but this happened to me twice, and i'll try to specify as best as I can.

Sooooo, I was laying low from the heat in the Sandy Shores 24/7 store, (Both times I had a 2-3 star wanted level) and after I (thought) I finally managed to make the wanted level disappear....

BAM! For both instances, I was in the sight of the remaining officers who hadn't left the scene yet, but when I walked out the door, the wanted rating returned to the number of stars it was at before in a matter of at least 10 seconds after disappearing, and I was gunned down & wasted before I could say "what the absolute heck just happened". 

Is this a common occurrence for anyone else that's even been brought up yet? 

Drug Tino
  • Drug Tino

El Presidente

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

My guess is that when you leave the store the game somehow recognizes this as a robbery. Hence, a new wanted level appears soon afterwards. 

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Maybe you bumped, or walked too close to the cops? They can get aggressive if you do that.

itsdevinschramm98
  • itsdevinschramm98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Maybe you bumped, or walked too close to the cops? They can get aggressive if you do that.

Didn't bump them, they were all outside in the street, I was just leaving said building, I think as an above post stated it may be due to the already weird game programming re-recognizing the situation as a robbery.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh y'know, it's just that classic V-police charm of not being consistent. 

DigitalBolognese
  • DigitalBolognese

Player Hater

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 3 weeks ago

Never experienced that but i have noticed sometimes the cops will appear on the minimap in a place you cant avoid them, when your being chased, but then just before im about to shout wtf and punch the tv they will just disappear soon after, almost like the game knows its being a dick by putting them there and despawns them before i run into them.

Also if you on the freeway, and the cops are ahead of you travelling the same direction, if you drive real slow they keep on driving, and you can lose them, but if you turn round then they will turn round also

Urban Legends
  • Urban Legends

Innocent Hood

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I respawned as T.P. at a certain hospital and didnt hit any buttons and was killed by the police approx. 13 minutes later...lots of action that night. But the game has a mind of its own. Police will star you up for disobeying orders as it seems. I was shocked being killed by these police after a totally stagnant respawn.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

How did you lose your wanted level in a 24-7? The cops bust right in and start shooting

My guess is that when you leave the store the game somehow recognizes this as a robbery. Hence, a new wanted level appears soon afterwards.

I believe this is the case, would be pretty easy to check. Rob store, dial 1-999-LawyerUp and then leave.

I usually only get a two star if I kill the store clerk though. Otherwise just a 1 star

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Happens a lot online. 

itsdevinschramm98
  • itsdevinschramm98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Never experienced that but i have noticed sometimes the cops will appear on the minimap in a place you cant avoid them, when your being chased, but then just before im about to shout wtf and punch the tv they will just disappear soon after, almost like the game knows its being a dick by putting them there and despawns them before i run into them.

Also if you on the freeway, and the cops are ahead of you travelling the same direction, if you drive real slow they keep on driving, and you can lose them, but if you turn round then they will turn round also

I have also myself experienced both of these things. On constant occasions I have lost the wanted level for good right at the point I thought I needed to take the highest amount of action, and I have also evaded many one-star levels by letting the cop cars pass by me and I seamlessly lost the wanted level within a minute or 2. 

itsdevinschramm98
  • itsdevinschramm98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I respawned as T.P. at a certain hospital and didnt hit any buttons and was killed by the police approx. 13 minutes later...lots of action that night. But the game has a mind of its own. Police will star you up for disobeying orders as it seems. I was shocked being killed by these police after a totally stagnant respawn.

Y'know, something similar happened to me several times too. I had died in a police rage, respawned (also as Trevor) at the SS hospital, and there were cops outside who gunned me down for no reason at all. At one point it actually got so bad and repetitive that my best bet was to skillfully escape and get the hell out of dodge and I was pretty much safe afterwards.

itsdevinschramm98
  • itsdevinschramm98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

How did you lose your wanted level in a 24-7? The cops bust right in and start shooting

I believe this is the case, would be pretty easy to check. Rob store, dial 1-999-LawyerUp and then leave.

I usually only get a two star if I kill the store clerk though. Otherwise just a 1 star

The way I lose my wanted level (most of the time) is go in the way back of the store, the personnel area, there is an exit door, and next to it a stack of white container crates, and I crouch behind there, typically this only works if there is no blatant criminal evidence (eg: the clerk is not obviously dead and bleeding), and you have to position yourself wisely, otherwise the cops will in fact find you one way or another.

DigitalBolognese
  • DigitalBolognese

Player Hater

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 3 weeks ago

I parked a car across the door, so when i got out i was inside the shop and nobody could get in or out, then killed the shop owner and a customer, got a wanted level, hid in the back of the shop for about 20 minutes and couldnt lose my wanted level.

ended up just having a shootout until i had 5 star wanted level and noose outside, they were throwing smoke grenades at the shop and choking themselves to death with them

Ronno
  • Ronno

Self-proclaimed Badass

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Happens all the time to me, I think that's actually a great "feature".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users