Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nagasaki Havok, what do you think?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Nagasaki Havok (130 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think

1. Perfect the way it is - this thing is awesome (16 votes [12.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.31%

2. I love it, but it could use some tweaking (62 votes [47.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.69%

3. Dissapointment (27 votes [20.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

4. POS - I cant land it because I dont know how to fly helicopters (4 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Not for me (21 votes [16.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:10 AM Edited by Skeve613, 06 September 2017 - 06:13 AM.

So I've spent some more time with this thing, and have come to two conclusions:

1. It's great fun in the air. It's quite quick, very maneuverable, and while the gun is useless against most targets, against other helicopters the agility is near unbeatable if you can get up close. And the small size means you can take it into places other choppers can't fit, except....

2. It's still totally useless when you need to land, as utmost care must be taken to make a perfect landing, and even then you only stand a 1/2 chance of both you and the helicopter surviving it. And if you do clip something with the rotors, even when not trying to land, you'll typically find the chopper attempting to go sideways into a wall as it attempts to crash itself and murder you with a frequency that would make the suicide barrel-rolling Savage jealous.

Case in point, if constantly exploding when near the ground experiencing the events of the following video seems like your idea of fun... then this is the perfect chopper for you.

• aFinn, hei3enberg and Gridl0k like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

1. It's great fun in the air. It's quite quick, very maneuverable, and while the gun is useless against most targets, against other helicopters the agility is near unbeatable if you can get up close. And the small size means you can take it into places other choppers can't fit, except....

2. It's still totally useless when you need to land, as utmost care must be taken to make a perfect landing, and even then you only stand a 1/2 chance of both you and the helicopter surviving it. And if you do clip something with the rotors, even when not trying to land, you'll typically find the chopper attempting to go sideways into a wall as it attempts to crash itself and murder you with a frequency that would make the suicide barrel-rolling Savage jealous.

Case in point, if constantly exploding when near the ground experiencing the events of the following video seems like your idea of fun... then this is the perfect chopper for you.

Pilot error is the cause for all of those "mishaps". In fact, a lot looked deliberate.

LEARN TO FLY!
  • dead goon, varulven, Skeve613 and 3 others like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

Can't agree with that tbh.

I shot down so many buzzards in freemode yesterday, and even shot out a few pilots from the hunter. 

Sure it's not super easy, but thats a good thing because it stops 99% of bum pilots in the game from either buying it, or flying around in it...

It gives something back to the true top level pilots of GTA, and I don't mean those bums that whizz around in Lasers/Hydras all day... I mean the few of us that are still left over from IV, that dominated the flight school content, that dominate anytime there are heli orientated deathmatches

• dead goon, hei3enberg, Gridl0k and 2 others like this

clinical oppression
  • clinical oppression

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:11 AM

Just did the 3 havok sale ....no problems . Yeah it's twitchy but it's quick n agile .... I'm gonna get it ....on sale .
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Texturizer
  • Texturizer

Texturizer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

I'm in the middle of putting together a little Havok montage. I managed to get some pretty nice kills with it!

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

I'm in the middle of putting together a little Havok montage. I managed to get some pretty nice kills with it!

Yeah dude, I had some sweet kills so far, shooting bums out of the hunter when they're on that mission, shooting out buzzard bums.

Honestly the only thing I guess I wish it had was the buzzard dual cannon instead of the minigun pea shooter, but either way I don't care that much, it's still fun as fk.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

Pilot error is the cause for all of those "mishaps". In fact, a lot looked deliberate.

LEARN TO FLY!

Hmmm... that's not a bad idea actually... time to conduct some scientific controlled collisions to measure how different choppers respond to crashes...

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

One of the advantages of Havok is the ability to spawn it as CEO vehicle. It's sad that this little devil is behind Hangar paywall though. Landing is tricky and it's not go-to vehicle to cover long distances while making your CEO things, but it's fun thing to have. I voted "not for me" because the novelty this heli provides is not interesting enough for me to fly it and I settled for Z-1 to play with. It's not a bad heli per se, it's just special and if you can't figure what to do with it it's not for you, simple as that. Especially, considering the price.

Tl:DR: unless you really want it and you must be flying and heli enthusiast, wait for a discount. 

• varulven and Skeve613 like this

varulven
  • varulven

GTA Race Crew

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:42 AM

Great addition to the game (my 3yo son calls it 'little baby hewicopter'), painted mine black with Meteorite decals. It looks like a little robot bumblebee from behind. Love it.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Surprisingly useful for fetch quests, as it massively reduces the number of times you need to exit the vehicle. Also the only VTOL with countermeasures.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:48 AM Edited by Happy Hunter, 10 September 2017 - 05:49 AM.

The Havok is a beast of a heli, absolutely holds its own in dogfights with other helis and easy to shred people in buzzards with. 

Are those just sh*tty players though?

Unless I'm massively underestimating how strong the armour upgrade makes it, I'd have thought a split second of the Buzzard's guns would destroy the helicopter. Whereas the Havok's guns are weak and would need to hit the pilot (a much harder task, and even then you'd need to hit them a few times).

I've taken down some Buzzards, a Savage, some Hydras, might've had a Molotok too (don't remember, could've been a Hydra). But these were mostly people who didn't try enough to stay at a higher altitude than me, didn't use the guns (or did, but couldn't aim with them).

I don't know. Maybe the armour upgrade allows it to take more damage from Buzzard guns than I thought. Haven't had any Havoks attack me yet.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:37 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 10 September 2017 - 10:38 AM.

1) Fly to another player to try out the guns vs people on foot (at LSIA, as it happens)

2) Dodge all 10 of their homing missiles while shooting them as much as possible

3) Remember my backup weapon

4) Make player soup

So, yeah, gonna have to test it against aircraft some more because against other players on the ground it's a much better blender than attack chopper....

• Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

I dont know what I Did wrong, But I sold mine about a week ago and only recieved $920k for it. I Paid full Price of $2.6Mil for it. It was Stock, if I Remember right.
  • Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Aircraft sale prices are 40%, apparently... Still not quite right though.

• bulldog385 likes this

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Aircraft sale prices are 40%, apparently... Still not quite right though.

I wish I had known about this and the Fact you can test these Aircraft in Races, beforehand, I wouldnt have bought it. I was planning on buying the Tula and Alpha Z1, but now I dont think I will be buying them after trying them out this past week.

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Had a testflight in a crewmates havok. Well, its pretty light, climbs amd flys really fast. However Im not a big fan of the overall handling. A heli thats as light and fast as the havok is should be able to do loops and all forms of crazy manouvers but the autostabilisation that kicks in makes it feel kinda weird.
Im also not a fan of the gun. Its definitly to weak. I personaly would prefer a slowfire one barrel rocketlauncher that shoots unguided missiles or a highfirerate, highdamage minigun.
  • bulldog385 and Goingcrowd9 like this

Mr_Pool
  • Mr_Pool

Your neighborhood pool boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Reading this topic it looks like the Ultralights Gimbal Turret is stronger than the mounted gun on the Havok.

You can have a chopper smoking pretty quick a day it can swivel.

I can sneak up on hellis in the ultralight and with upgraded prop, and just aim right for the rotor or if i'm behind them aim for the exhaust port and fire away. 

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:49 PM Edited by Skeve613, 12 September 2017 - 12:27 AM.

Hmmm... that's not a bad idea actually... time to conduct some scientific controlled collisions to measure how different choppers respond to crashes...

Well... I actually decided to go through with this, so here goes....

After some detailed testing of landing a range of choppers in a variety environments, and using a number of different landing techniques... I have concluded the Havok is indeed literally the worst of landing on any sort of terrain. It should be used when you want to stay in the air for a while, and not for any task that involves landing often or landing in less than ideal terrain. It simply is not a robust helicopter

The skids tend to make it bounce rather than absorbing the impact of landing, yet somehow also have so much give in them that you can tilt a LOT when landing. They have nasty habit of letting the Havok lean much too far sideways, especially if you have any lateral velocity at all, which is what usually precipitates the tipping issue. Just landing normally on flat ground, with no sideways movement and minimal forward motion, I found the Havok tends to spin

During testing, I also found that if you are moving forwards when landing, when you touch down you can be bounced backwards so violently that the Havok's tail can hit the ground and break the tail rotor, a phenomenon I didn't even know was possible. 

It's high center of gravity and narrow skids make it tilt much more suddenly and rapidly than any other chopper. The Volatus is the only thing that comes close, as it also is tall and has a narrow landing base, but it tends to bounce off

There is a definite physics issue which causes the Havok to get the rotors stuck in the ground if it flips completely sideways. I managed to replicate this once with the Volatus, after several attempts, but could not make it happen with any other helicopter. In every other chopper, the rotors will bounce off the ground instead of clipping into it (except the Savage, when it feels like doing a random barrel roll).

And because I personally am a visual person, and felt it important to illustrate how the Havok differs from other choppers, I made a video showing different choppers doing the same maneuvers for comparison:

To ensure this wasn't due to pilot error, I also enlisted 3 friends to fly it around for a while and do some landings and takeoffs... all of whom flipped sideways, clipped into the ground, and exploded in 3 landings.

So, the Havok is most definitely not user-friendly when landing, and it is not just me. You CAN do just fine with it, but it requires much more pilot focus and simple tasks in a way no other chopper requires. 

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

Tons of fun in the air but just gotta be extra careful before touch down. Line it up to the landing spot first then slowly drop altitude and you should be fine. The cutest heli ever! Not for combat though lol :lol:

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

Enh, its not for me. The flight model is fine but the landings are pretty dire and in the end it boils down to... what does it do that my other choppers can't? Aside from the negligible benefits of being so small, not a whole lot really. 

Basically I'm not groaning when I get them for sales missions but I can't see myself ever buying one either.

• R3CON likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Annoying the CEO variant is unarmed.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Finally got the sell mission with it.

It's fun. I'm still waiting for a sale though.

Also if you can't land this thing after the first screw up you're a bad pilot. People made it sound impossible but you just can't slam it down and actually have to land it with some finesse.
  • J-Scott-D likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

It has a Sprunk livery, so I will consider buying one.

Landing is a little tricky, but once you know how to properly land helicopters with slamming them to the ground you'll be find. It's all about gently caressing it to the ground in a swift, smooth smooch.

• Goingcrowd9 and PajeroJonas like this

Toreno23
  • Toreno23

Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

Definitely comes in handy for those fly under bridge hanger missions.

JOHNNY GTA WATSON
  • JOHNNY GTA WATSON

SUPERMAN LOVER

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Anyone one have pics of the livery?
Cheers

guster-von
  • guster-von

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

I enjoy this heli...but I find myself going back to the Volito.

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

I love that this lil heli doesn't have strobe lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users