Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nagasaki Havok, what do you think?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Nagasaki Havok (130 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think

1. Perfect the way it is - this thing is awesome (16 votes [12.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.31%

2. I love it, but it could use some tweaking (62 votes [47.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.69%

3. Dissapointment (27 votes [20.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

4. POS - I cant land it because I dont know how to fly helicopters (4 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Not for me (21 votes [16.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

Is it much quicker than the fastest helis we had before SR? (Swift, Super Volito etc)

It's slower in terms of top speed. 

• Solid Scorpion and hei3enberg like this

Bobfakkel
  • Bobfakkel

Thug

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Is it much quicker than the fastest helis we had before SR? (Swift, Super Volito etc)

It's slower in terms of top speed. 

Slower in a normal air race also, there are YT vids on it both in a straight line and a normal race. Search fraydarkness on YT

FuturePastNow
  • FuturePastNow

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

I flew one belonging to a friend. It's cute, and fast. I appreciate that they added it to the Securoserv menu (looks awesome with the tinted window).

But I will pass. Besides straight-line speed and having countermeasures, it doesn't beat the Buzzard for any of the things I actually use the Buzzard for.

iLLYHiGHROLLER
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER

I'm allergic to dirt weed and wack rappers.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

I love the Havok, the landings on the other hand..

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

I find it quite useful for 2 missions The acrobatics one with the plane I just use havoc and fly under bridges The second one is the downed maverick it can get into small areas to pickup the goods easier and quicker so you dont need to get out of it, Its also good for Sightseer again you can get right close into the briefcase locations quickly.

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

Got the delivery mission with 3 of these.

First landing I slammed it into the tarmac, bailed and got blended. Don't do that.

I did find it really fun though whizzing close tho the ground and through tight gaps.

Dunno if I enjoyed it enough to buy one since my Buzzard seems to do the same job for me but meh.

• Skeve613 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

I thought it was small enough to fit into a wallbreach, but it looks like they've patched the one over at the Mountebank gallery, at least in Creator Mode.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

Had no issues with it during the sell mission. Yeah my first landing was a little wobbly but I was coming in fast and sideways.

Seemed very agile, responsive and quick. I like it.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

Its cute. I don't own one, but I used the triplets during the sale mission & had a lot of fun with it. I didn't have issues with the landings.

I might buy it down the road, but not at full price.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

Just found out what the helicopter engine upgrades really do (and this applies to the Havok too) - they change the rate at which the aircraft gains altitude - mostly when in-flight.

For example: stock aircraft (Hunter/ Havok) will fly straight and level for the most part, when using full throttle and full-forward pitch - maybe gaining altitude slightly.
However, the same heli with the engine fully upgraded, won't fly straight and level when using full throttle and full-forward pitch, it'll constantly gain altitude at a quicker rate than previous.

So this really gives you a choice depending on your flying style, as the top speed isn't really affected 'when flying normally'. For me personally, I like aircraft that gain that altitude constantly - like the Savage and not like the Buzzard, so I'd choose the highest level of engine upgrade - but you may prefer it to fly more like the Buzzard which doesn't gain altitude constantly (it actually loses it), and so I'd recommend not upgrading the aircraft.

• Gridl0k, Skeve613 and J1M like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

^ Do helicopters gain forward speed when descending?

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

^ Do helicopters gain forward speed when descending?

Yes, they can get up to 220mph ish (but you'd have to start from a high altitude for that). 

• Gridl0k likes this

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade
  • Bulgaria

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Feels like the unholy spawn of the SuperVolito and Volatus.

Cannot stand upright without being wrestled with or tied down.

Surprised it's manufactured by Nagasaki and not Buckingham.

• Azaan60, hei3enberg and Skeve613 like this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Just found out what the helicopter engine upgrades really do (and this applies to the Havok too) - they change the rate at which the aircraft gains altitude - mostly when in-flight.

For example: stock aircraft (Hunter/ Havok) will fly straight and level for the most part, when using full throttle and full-forward pitch - maybe gaining altitude slightly.
However, the same heli with the engine fully upgraded, won't fly straight and level when using full throttle and full-forward pitch, it'll constantly gain altitude at a quicker rate than previous.

So this really gives you a choice depending on your flying style, as the top speed isn't really affected 'when flying normally'. For me personally, I like aircraft that gain that altitude constantly - like the Savage and not like the Buzzard, so I'd choose the highest level of engine upgrade - but you may prefer it to fly more like the Buzzard which doesn't gain altitude constantly (it actually loses it), and so I'd recommend not upgrading the aircraft.

That's really useful information to know. Too bad the Cargobob can't get upgraded like that, it would make it stupidly easy to run away from chasing helicopters in I/E missions.

• Gaffa™, Gridl0k and bulldog385 like this

Azaan60
  • Azaan60

Certified Badass

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:35 PM Edited by Azaan60, 04 September 2017 - 09:48 PM.

It's fast as f*ck but it's handling is way too shaky.

Landing it is also a complete pain in the ass because touching the ground with even a tiny bit of force is enough for it to tip over, which will cause its blades to clip into the ground, making it impossible for it to lift up again as you promptly blow up. You need to land EXTREMELY gently, which is ridiculous. You'd think it'd be really nimble but it's not.

Also the gun is complete trash because due to how shaky the handling is, you'll barely be able to hit a f*cking thing. An aimable turret would have benefited it greatly.

Combine this with a $1.7million price point (and that's WITH the discount) I really do not recommend this thing.

With all that said though, it's really fun to fly when I'm bored.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

It really isn't that fast - a Valkyrie will outrun it. 

• Azaan60 and hei3enberg like this

Azaan60
  • Azaan60

Certified Badass

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Really? Well that makes this thing even more useless lol.

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

I'm amused by this thing. I just wish the CEO and MC Roadcaptain versions were weaponized.

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:29 AM

Where does it sit in terms of top speed vs the other CEO helis (Buzzard, Volatus, SuperVolito)? Has anyone done any testing yet?

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:33 AM Edited by 4ward, 05 September 2017 - 03:34 AM.

If there was an explosive mg it would be as great as Buzzard.

• Gridl0k likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Where does it sit in terms of top speed vs the other CEO helis (Buzzard, Volatus, SuperVolito)? Has anyone done any testing yet?
In my un-scientific test, it was as fast, if not a touch faster, than the SuperVolito. CEO versions of both.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

The Havok is a beast of a heli, absolutely holds its own in dogfights with other helis and easy to shred people in buzzards with. 

Not to mention the fact that it's fast as f*ck

For those people saying it's speed in races is trash and the Swift is better, I say you need to get good. 

MbVoTZL.png

• Gridl0k likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Well the Havok tops out around 140mph and the Swift and Volatus exceed 150mph, where the Havok succeeds is it's manoeuvrability and getting up to speed quickly. 

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

Well the Havok tops out around 140mph and the Swift and Volatus exceed 150mph, where the Havok succeeds is it's manoeuvrability and getting up to speed quickly. 

Yup, and people should realise races are not all about top speed, most the air races are twisty, and the Havok will straight up dominate them on the boards. 

Not to mention I'll throw a video in here soon of slaying people in buzzards in freemode with it... Point is, those people complaining need to stfu and just get better at the game.

• Gaffa™ and Goingcrowd9 like this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

That's interesting... it uses the exact handling data as the Buzzard (including flight data) so in theory, they should feel exactly the same, with the only difference being that the mass of the Buzzard is almost four times that of the Havok. Mass doesn't actually have any impact on how an aircraft operates though (unlike reality). 

• Wildfire_08 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Also, like most people, I find landing this thing to be like trying land a helicopter on ice skates while really drunk
  • Wildfire_08, bulldog385 and Skeve613 like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Also, like most people, I find landing this thing to be like trying land a helicopter on ice skates while really drunk

You gotta land it square every time that's all, certainly would be better with the ability to land like the buzzard though.

That's interesting... it uses the exact handling data as the Buzzard (including flight data) so in theory, they should feel exactly the same, with the only difference being that the mass of the Buzzard is almost four times that of the Havok. Mass doesn't actually have any impact on how an aircraft operates though (unlike reality). 

What about with Race handling? I used that for the Race which took the top spot on the leaderboards and it made a big difference imo, it turned a lot sharper which meant I could get away from slow corners faster. 

It also effects dogfighting massively, with the race handling allowing me to stay right in front of a Buzzards face and outmaneuver, but with the side effect of making it twitchier with the shooting and harder to aim, as opposed to stock/smooth handling.

Do you have data on the different handling modes? Because it's clear when you fly them, in race settings or dogfights of course... that there is some difference. 

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

I lobe this little helicopter but I had to sell it. I'd crash every other hour with this thing. It be very nice if they did 2-3 things to make this thing viable. Make the minigun stronger, rework the handling and something to it where you can pick up crates with it.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

You gotta land it square every time that's all, certainly would be better with the ability to land like the buzzard though.

I find if it wobbles even a little while I'm close to the ground trying to land, the situation quickly spirals out of control, as I go to correct it, and it swings violently, often bringing the rotors at a 90 degree angle, preventing any additional correction as the helicopter now aims to move only horizontally. At the same time the rotors seem to hug the ground as though they were magnetized to it. There is no surviving it if you f*ck up the landing even a little bit.

GettheTrainCJ
  • GettheTrainCJ

Train Chaser

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

Whatever you say, this axshole has a horrible pair of landing skid. What were they thinking while making this toy chopper that tall? Yes, some "experts" would land this sxit much smoother than the average ones mourning in this thread, but does it really have to be that difficult to keep it on the ground?
  • Skeve613 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users