Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nagasaki Havok, what do you think?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Nagasaki Havok (130 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think

1. Perfect the way it is - this thing is awesome (16 votes [12.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.31%

2. I love it, but it could use some tweaking (61 votes [46.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.92%

3. Dissapointment (27 votes [20.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

4. POS - I cant land it because I dont know how to fly helicopters (4 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Not for me (22 votes [16.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BxSelf
  • BxSelf

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love it, but that's because my favorite thing to do is fly helicopters through very small spaces. I can wait for some of the really good pilots to start posting some fun videos. Also, it is pretty good at dodging rockets with or without flares if you can time it right. Unfortunately, they will probably eventually get you unless they use interest as even with the .50 Cal mini gun it is extremely hard to take down aircraft with it. The gun is just so weak, I was unloading on a frogger and it took hundreds of rounds just to get it smoking. Sure I am not the best at aiming the mini gun, hopefully I get better, but the damage is just awful.  I hope they buff it a little. I would love to see them add the explosive rounds with a cool down or something to keep it balanced, but as is the 1.5 mill or whatever it costs to add the mini gun is worthless. It should at the least be able to compete against npc's  if you are going to charge that much for an upgrade. Another idea would be to keep the damage where it is but change the aiming on it to the same way you aim with the glider or even have a lock on.... A helicopter fan can dream right?

Anyway, I still love the thing, especially blasting full speed through the tunnel under the military base, try that if you haven't.

What are your thoughts?

• dead goon and Goingcrowd9 like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would change its name back to Little Willie, and also buff the gun (people won't understand unless they try it - it makes other weak guns like the Blazer Aqua guns look strong).

Nice little thing though, and flares are a massive plus for any aircraft.

I've had some terrible landings though.

• Solid Scorpion, askinnywhitedildo, bulldog385 and 5 others like this

BxSelf
  • BxSelf

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would change its name back to Little Willie, and also buff the gun (people won't understand unless they try it - it makes other weak guns like the Blazer Aqua guns look strong).

Nice little thing though, and flares are a massive plus for any aircraft.

I've had some terrible landings though.

I have had some bad landings too. I just thought it was funny watching some videos of people bitch abut the landings when they are trying to drop the thing like a sack of bricks onto the ground. just take a few seconds to stabilize and you are ok. 

Yes, the gun is awful, I am not sure since I don't have the hand held Gatling gun  but I have been shot down by it before and to me that gun makes the mini gun on the Havok look like a pea shooter. Which is silly since it is still a helicopter and should be able to carry something more powerful than a human can carry. Also, how is that thing supposed to do any damage at all to any of the new aircraft with the upgraded armor?

• dead goon and ryannata like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

it's kind of like the savageohwhoopsimupseidedownandonfire, you'll end up upside down and on fire.
  • Cutter De Blanc, askinnywhitedildo, bulldog385 and 5 others like this

JAKEBAB
  • JAKEBAB

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yea with how weak the mini gun is i wish i never put it on, I do however love the heli it's self and has come in handy for pure transportation which im fine with.

• ryannata likes this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Fun in the air, nightmare on the ground.

• Cutter De Blanc, bulldog385, Gremlin Sombra and 4 others like this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love it. I hated it at first, but if you ask me it's the best thing released in this first wave. Calling it in with CEO made me start loving it today, and it feels better than the Buzzard. But the PV version with the gun is too weak. The gun needs to be way stronger.
  • Piro, Happy Hunter and ryannata like this

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Needs a little tweak for landing stability, otherwise it's a blast to fly around in. Overpriced, surely, but I'm rich, who cares?

• ryannata likes this

Caysle
  • Caysle

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Landing capabilities can be made better

• bulldog385, Snoopbr, crsN and 1 other like this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Landing this thing is a joke. I just bail out now
  • Cutter De Blanc, Forza Harrd and ryannata like this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by jerryinohio78, 3 weeks ago.

Fast as hell and those front lights are extremely bright. Landing is no problem, just take your damn time.

Only complaint. The optional front gun is very,very weak. All bark and no bite.
  • dead goon, wingoose and Goingcrowd9 like this

ATeaDaze
  • ATeaDaze

You got any bright ideas what to say?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love it but it pisses me off sometimes. Some people don't know how to land it but this thing will sometimes crash (even when you land it 100% level and slow).

It's way too heavy in the tail and the thing always rocks back when you're landing and-- half the time-- destroys the chopper (and kills you in the process).

I've found that exiting the heli while it's weight is shifted forward is often safer than waiting for it to level out.

It's a lot of fun, the gun is useless, and you need to be on a perfectly level surface to land it. I hope they tweak it just a bit.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Gridl0k, 3 weeks ago.

"I cant land it because I dont know how to fly helicopters"

Ultralight is where it's at.

• Solid Scorpion, marco6158, westsxde and 2 others like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It sucks major ass.

I flipped that thing so many times

• Cutter De Blanc and Skeve613 like this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Favorite addition next to hanger, lands just fine if you know what ur doings even then it get squirrly but I like that!!

Pro tip: try not to land it top down, if possible have a lil forward action to stick landings just like the Voltus.

:) I Chang
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Skeve613, 3 weeks ago.

It's fun in the air, but it absolutely wants to kill me every time I go to land. Below is one example of what I mean:

As visible above, rather than absorbing the slight left lean and pivoting the right skid down to the ground as a Buzzard would, the tall and rigid skids and high center of gravity on the Havok cause it to instead tip to the left and fall on its side. While not very visible, while this is happening and I am pulling to the right to correct the tilt, something which would correct this behavior in most helicopters but is compeltely useless here. The blades then briefly contact the pavement and almost instantly drag the chopper sideways... before visibly clipping into the ground instead of bouncing the chopper back.

Just because I can land helicopters well doesn't mean I am obligated to cut the Havok slack and forgive it for tipping over if it isn't perfectly leveled each time on landing, and leaving me virtually no way to correct when that does happen. It simply doesn't have any tolerance for landing on anything but perfectly flat and uniform ground

I like flying it, but when I have to focus so much on a simple act like landing and can so easily be killed because the skids were badly designed, it won't be getting a lot of general utility usage when compared with something like the Buzzard. 

• Cutter De Blanc, bulldog385, Snoopbr and 1 other like this

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

A fairly decent heli. Fast, manuverable, agile, customizable and an unarmed variant in the CEO spawn

I voted disappointment because I feel the pricetag is 2x what the vehicle is worth especially since the only weapon available is a nerfgun.
  • Alec Skorpio and Goingcrowd9 like this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love it. My only complaint is with high it's center of gravity is, how tall the skids are, and narrow the footprint is, it can make it very easy to tip over sideways when trying to land. I thing if they took the skids and kinda "bent" them outwards a bit, give it a wider footprint, it would be much better at landing. 

• Solid Scorpion, Skeve613 and Goingcrowd9 like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Am I right in thinking some choppers (buzzard) have 'give' in the landing struts, and some (this) don't? Have R* forgotten how to do that? 

• Solid Scorpion, Alvarez, bulldog385 and 2 others like this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's fun in the air, but it absolutely wants to kill me every time I go to land. Below is one example of what I mean:

As visible above, rather than absorbing the slight left lean and pivoting the right skid down to the ground as a Buzzard would, the tall and rigid skids and high center of gravity on the Havok cause it to instead tip to the left and fall on its side. While not very visible, while this is happening and I am pulling to the right to correct the tilt, something which would correct this behavior in most helicopters but is compeltely useless here. The blades then briefly contact the pavement and almost instantly drag the chopper sideways... before visibly clipping into the ground instead of bouncing the chopper back.

Just because I can land helicopters well doesn't mean I am obligated to cut the Havok slack and forgive it for tipping over if it isn't perfectly leveled each time on landing, and leaving me virtually no way to correct when that does happen. It simply doesn't have any tolerance for landing on anything but perfectly flat and uniform ground

I like flying it, but when I have to focus so much on a simple act like landing and can so easily be killed because the skids were badly designed, it won't be getting a lot of general utility usage when compared with something like the Buzzard. 

This is exactly the problem with this helicopter...

A good use for it would be fast transtport, flying in narrow spaces, and LAND in areas with not much space.

Since the last thing seems troublesome, the thing is unfortunaltely quite useless. 

• bulldog385 and Skeve613 like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Haven't bought it yet.  Looks fun, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but it seems overpriced for what it is.  Waiting for a sale.

• Solid Scorpion, dead goon and BigBrother67 like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's perfect.

• dead goon likes this

Gray-Hand
  • Gray-Hand

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

My favourite vehicle to fly.
My least favourite vehicle to land.
And I consider myself to be a good helicopter pilot.
They really need to tweak those landing struts.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Skeve613 and crsN like this

_47_
  • _47_

Fighter Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by _47_, 3 weeks ago.

Nagasaki "Havoc" bahahahahahah. Too cute. More like a flying wet noodle. Watched the videos on it. Passed on buying it.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

This thing might get up to speed fast, but it really needs an improvement on its top speed, as other helicopters are faster. 

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Am I right in thinking some choppers (buzzard) have 'give' in the landing struts, and some (this) don't? Have R* forgotten how to do that? 

My view exactly. Most choppers seem to have the ability to absorb some of the impact and compensate for a less than perfectly level surface or landing angle. 

The Volatus felt very similar to the Havok, in that you tended to bounce off the ground or snag the lower skid/wheel and tip rather than feeling the wheels/skids absorb the impact. 

• Gridl0k and Happy Hunter like this

Mr_Pool
  • Mr_Pool

Your neighborhood pool boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I figured out the landing thing always make sure you are coming in straight and tilt the nose up as your skids hit the ground, perfect landing each time.
  • Forza Harrd and Goingcrowd9 like this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's cute but won't replace the buzzard for your daily chores.
  • Alvarez, bulldog385, Skeve613 and 1 other like this

HTF4
  • HTF4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HTF4, 3 weeks ago.

Is it much quicker than the fastest helis we had before SR? (Swift, Super Volito etc)

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Reading this topic it looks like the Ultralights Gimbal Turret is stronger than the mounted gun on the Havok.

You can have a chopper smoking pretty quick a day it can swivel.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users