Photo

Unable to upload mods to GTA SA vehicle section: ''Virus detected!''

10 replies to this topic
Gmer
  • Gmer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Gmer, 2 weeks ago.

I have been unable to upload new mods to the GTAGarage section for SA cars.

This describes everything, but uNi is IGNORING me in that PM! (assumed moderators were supposed to be helpful - but any staff please look into this from here then) also a post I quoted him to get his attention has been removed forcefully and uNi is still posting on forums but also set his Last seen date as private after I sent a few PMs (only last week he did)

bsJfCol.png

Also i must say when I run the .zip file of my mod through virustotal.com (the one that GTAGarage actually uses as API)..

There is no virus detection!

So that means its a site bug, virustotal detects nothing but GTAGarage thinks it returned a detection which is false.

The uploaded mod files are in a .zip and only contain a .txd, .dff and a README.txt. Can't go wrong you would say.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem? If so, that would ruin the purpose of the mod database, as until someone who knows what's going on looks at the Virustotal API, it will be totally unusable to them.

Tiago_The_Gamer96
  • Tiago_The_Gamer96

GTA fan since 2006

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Tiago_The_Gamer96, 2 weeks ago.

I tried to upload a mod too and i can't because it says virus found.... I checked it with my antivirus and it doesn't detect anything... smdh and i used Avast the best antivirus out there to check the files

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

1) contact kalvin
2) try using ZIP instead of RAR or vice versa.

Gmer
  • Gmer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gmer, 2 weeks ago.

1) contact kalvin
2) try using ZIP instead of RAR or vice versa.

I already used .zip and I wont buy WinRAR just to test this out.

And as you can see im not the only one with this problem. Tiago also has it. Also he used just a good antivirus to check if the site was right, and I even use the API that GTAGarage uses (virustotal.com)

I know that the mods db uses Virustotal because if I dont scan the file before I upload to GTAGarage, and try afterwards, the file was submitted by someone else/seen before by Virustotal, which means the GTAGarage submitted it automatically.

So with 0/55 virus detections on Virustotal, GTAGarage still thinks it returned a detection, which is super weird. That's a technical problem on GTAGarage's end.

I also think they are ignoring me/this problem because they arent the one who can work with the site code/webdesign stuff that made Virustotal their API, who is kalvin please link his profile so I can contact him as you said?

If this kalvin cant fix it, then GTAForums will notice GTAGarage will receive 70% less mods uploaded or a near total freeze of activity because many people cant upload them no more. That will learn them and move them to react.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I already used .zip and I wont buy WinRAR just to test this out.

But you don't need to buy WinRAR. The program never expires...

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

It seems like the workaround of renaming ZIP to RAR has been working fine for everyone downloading my recent mods so far. I added one extra step to the installation instructions if one can't open the RAR file for all my new uploads.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 2 weeks ago

This describes everything, but uNi is IGNORING me in that PM! (assumed moderators were supposed to be helpful - but any staff please look into this from here then) also a post I quoted him to get his attention has been removed forcefully and uNi is still posting on forums but also set his Last seen date as private after I sent a few PMs (only last week he did)

uNI is a Forum Administrator apart from being a GTAGarage Staff. Admins gets a lot of PM's. He (uNI) oversees a lot of other things as well. Yes, moderators are supposed to be helpful but complaining about it won't make it any easier. The Staff have life outside the forums. Try messaging Kalvin instead. He's currently the most active staff at GTAGarage and hopefully will be able to help you out.
  • HalfOfAKebab and The_Human like this

Gmer
  • Gmer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

uNI is a Forum Administrator apart from being a GTAGarage Staff. Admins gets a lot of PM's. He (uNI) oversees a lot of other things as well. Yes, moderators are supposed to be helpful but complaining about it won't make it any easier. The Staff have life outside the forums. Try messaging Kalvin instead. He's currently the most active staff at GTAGarage and hopefully will be able to help you out.

I now PMed Kalvin, let's see what comes from it.

Also that is exactly the reason why I chose to PM uNi, as he's a higher powered staff member he more likely has the right access and tools to try fix the website bug.

Random 'Moderators' would not. So it had a higher chance to succeed.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

Bald

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017
    Best GTAGarage Staff 2017
    Most Talented [Graphics] 2016
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016
    Best Workshop 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is a bug with the site's detection system and something I can't fix, sadly. To my knowledge, this can't be fixed by anybody either, the typical excuse thrown around is "the site is too old"/"attempting to fix [issue] would most likely break the entire thing".

Admins of late do seem to completely ignore PMs - which makes me wonder why it's possible to even contact them - and so even with badgering, these issues won't be seen and attempted to be fixed.

However, this issue has been known for a while, and as quoted above, thanks to spaceeinstein a work-around has been found.

If you wish to not install WinRAR, I can download your uploaded files and rename them to .rar, then upload it for you to bypass the problem, something of which I've done for others in the past when encountering the error.

For anybody else, please use the report system or submit a support ticket on GTAGarage and I'll see to it as soon as I can. :)

• Kaniel Outis likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 2 weeks ago

You could use 7zip, which handles RAR file output but is completely free and open source (and also infinitely better than WinRAR).

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't oversee GTAmods development, Tank and STM do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users