Quantcast

» «
Photo

So what's your opinion of Smugger's Run? "POLL"

65 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your opinion of the Smugger's Run update? (219 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Opinion?

1. I love the update! (24 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

2. I like it. (64 votes [29.22%])

Percentage of vote: 29.22%

3. It's pretty "meh" to be honest. (88 votes [40.18%])

Percentage of vote: 40.18%

4. I do not like the update. (24 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

5. I hate it. (9 votes [4.11%])

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

6. I am done with GTA:O (10 votes [4.57%])

Percentage of vote: 4.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nano the Ninja
  • Nano the Ninja

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 3 weeks ago

5\10

The entire money making part ruined it for me. 

• jazzbone likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't like it

I'm usually on the ground so i didn't see a difference apart from the fact that now using old aircraft against new one is basically asking "hey can you kill me?"

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It is an uninspired, derivative update.

• nido997 and J1M like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'll give it a 3/10

The good: 

Finally fixing some broken junk (Downforce, CB hook etc.) but I don't count this as part of the DLC. 

Aircraft customization +1

A couple of interesting aircraft. +1

A damned good little car. +1

The bad:

Low payout fetch missions with high risk. Namely infinitely spawning enemies with impossible aim, know where you are before you do if you die resulting in killspawning. -3

I find myself using the "old" aircraft more than the new aircraft due to their deficiencies, i.e. squirrelly handling, garbage guns and other bad weapon allocations. -3

• Pocket Fox, jazzbone, HARBUJAHN and 3 others like this

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I´ll give this update a 2/10 , just because of some new aircraft that are actually good , and the fact that we own a Hangar now....
without those new vehicles this DLC would deserve a 0 from me : very OP NPCs , very poor payments , unlogical supply/sell missions ( they gave me the Rogue plane and had to pick up a crate in the mountain full of trees , or that selling mission with 3 Havocs to sell 1 -ONE- crate) , very short time for the missions .... this DLC is literally unplayable as a lone wolf... I played for 3 hours yesterday , just to collect and sell crates for 70k total earnings...
oh , did I mention that it´s a worse crate 2.0 DLC ?
to sum up , this is the WORST GTAO DLC to date ....

My own score is 2/10 and the points they get are solely that we have more options on how to control our air toys.
What he said. Good post, sir.
  • zoso80 and nido997 like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by zoso80, 3 weeks ago.

^ Same boat.

Between 2/10 and 3/10.

Cutting room floor content they've been sitting on for years and the continuation of fetch and return with little to no effort to advance the game.  A truly perfect cash card update. Spend a lot to get the goodies you want, then not a whole lot behind it once you get the high priced toys.

• jazzbone and nido997 like this

Huntress
  • Huntress

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

"Meh" on it. Smuggling operations themselves are pointless for money making. The missions get old really fast. Most of the planes dropped on release have been a disappointment,and the more enticing stuff has been pushed back for weeks if not months.

It's nice being able to paint aircraft and make them PV's, and yet, it's disappointing that that's all you can customize on older aircraft besides the cuban.

The armor buff to the savage was great, except it's still incredibly weak to bullets and it gets no countermeasures (unless you get a door passenger using a flare gun) so overall it's still a coffin in free roam.

Speaking of which, I do like that the Flare gun actually has a use now.

They claimed they fixed the ammo bug with MKII weapons and yet I still lost all my sniper ammo today after repurchasing it. :/

Bombs kind of suck ass and there really should be no reason why they were limited to only 50.

The armor plating on my insurgent pickup is still utterly pointless except for protecting the gunner a bit more.
  • jazzbone likes this

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

They'll either sack up and fix this or say goodbye to me being a customer.

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

fun money sink.

dripfeed of the hunter

0/10 until i have hunter

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thanks to the players kind enough to buy shark cards the updates are free for me, so I really can't complain. Loving the hangar & customized aircraft!
  • jazzbone, gtafan26, Blasterman4EVER and 1 other like this

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 3 weeks ago

My main activity in game is painting, this update largely expanded my gameplay, so I love it. Hope we will be able to customize boats someday.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The unreleased planes will be cool, but so far very underwhelming. 

JoeFury1997
  • JoeFury1997

Easy lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it.

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like it. Once all the vehicles are released then it will be better, I just wish the air cargo sold for more.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am warming up. It's alright.

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

THE NEW TOYS!!! I haven't been this excited since they introduced stunt racing!

Every session now is me just flying around (or in the case of my new APCs, driving around with a 5 star wanted level committing acts of mayhem) for a couple of hours learning a new toy. I was like THE MOLOTOK IS THE BEST. Then the next day, FREE OTR WITH GLIDING IN THE HANG GLIDER IS THE BEST.  Then OMG the Rogue. And the Z1 thing holy cow. And yesterday the Havok. OMG THE HAVOK IS THE BEST.

I'm just freaking out. I want to change the paint on my Molotok again and just fly it. And the Z1. And the Havok.

People complaining about landing the Havok, just fly it more. Get used to it. It will reward you.

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not keen on it at all. Some things need to change about it. The resupplies are far too difficult for what you get. It can take 20 minutes to get a cargo that's worth $10,000. The planes that attack you keep respawning no matter how many times you kill them. You often can't lock onto enemies. The aircraft spawn too far away when you call them from the menu. I'll do enough of the resupplies to unlock all the aircraft discounts but then I'll be back to stealing cars.

They claimed they fixed the ammo bug with MKII weapons and yet I still lost all my sniper ammo today after repurchasing it. :/

They may have fixed the ammo but they broke something else. My scope was switched to thermal today when I loaded in. I also had to go to my command centre to reactive my explosive rounds. Just entering the command centre fixed it. Exactly the same thing happened to a friend.

The Happy Clown
  • The Happy Clown

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

If some of the vehicles weren't drip feed this update would be better. Missions are decent. The new business is garbage but i'm not surprised. The new vehicles are pretty cool and fun to use. I give this update a 5/10.

• V4S, Arrows to Athens, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

P34NUTZ
  • P34NUTZ

Captain Cockmunch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think it had the potential to be great but, Rockstar being Rockstar, they had to add all the little touches they always do that just make the overall experience tedious and frustrating. While also charging a fortune for everything.

Here's a few examples:

The fact that there's a bed in the hangar but I have to pay out the ass for a better one just to spawn in there

The mod shop for planes costing over $1mil

Having the planes spawn miles away and not being able to drive to it because I have no vehicle

sh*t payouts

The same couple of sourcing missions time and time again

So yeh, if they put some effort in it would have been much better.
  • Arrows to Athens, Xiled and J1M like this

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Queen of Darkness

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Love the fact that we have a hangar and some of the new planes...Can't wait for the Hunter and the Vigilante car! :D

• Rafae likes this

dieseltech20
  • dieseltech20

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It has everybody bitching and complaining about it. That alone makes me love it. Keep em crying, I mean coming, R*
  • HaRdSTyLe_83 likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Loving the source missions but its not a money earner 

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Overall "meh"

but the ability to store and customize aircraft is freaking awesome.

• Arrows to Athens and J1M like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

The drip feeding is getting out of hand.

Azaan60
  • Azaan60

Certified Badass

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 2 weeks ago

Extremely mediocre. I thought Gunrunning was a lot better.

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jazzbone, 2 weeks ago.

Smugglers is about a 4 out of 10 for me.

I like having a hangar, the customizing, new aircraft offered, access to the fort if hangar is located there, and new missions to play. I like the free ammo i can get by climbing the maze of stairs.

There is a lot i dislike like the low pay crates 2.O buisness. I am only doing the sourcing needed to get the discounted prices and for the fun of playing new missions. However i will wait for a double pay special to sell my stock. As it is the solo time money ratio is very much a waste of time. Maybe non solo in full lobbies pays 4 times or more than solo. High paywall with low pay buisness just kills this dlc and alone knocks off 5 from the possible 10.

Other dislikes is that my hangar has no tv, no vending machine, and no snack dispenser. Also we should be able to enter the hangar in a car. 4 million for my hangar with customizing shop and i don't even get a wall snack dispenser and soda pop machine? Pegasus aircraft we own can become personal vehicles but we can only custom paint but not upgrade. I wish i could add pontoons to my Buzzard along with more armor and add armor and a turbo boost to my slow Bob. Last but not least, the maze of stairs needed to be navigated for free ammo. R* trolling us again.
  • MajorVienna likes this

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MajorVienna, 2 weeks ago.

Indeed, a bunch of negatives:

*The random PC-platform money wipe by rockstar, I lost about 20% of my cash. It threw a damp towel over the update days before it released.

*The dripfeed is worse than last time

*The Nokota's RAF livery has a yucky swirl on the prop cone (WHY did it have to be on THIS livery). Still hoping there's another RAF one without it.

*The Nokota can't get explosive rounds, but the Rogue can, even though the Nokota is a lot more expensive.

*The smuggling business is a bit sucky- the pickups are time-consuming, but in a real 'forced' kind of way.

*The planes were always going to be expensive, but they released the least powerful? interesting? wanted? ones first. I know enough about how GTAO operates that I'll just wait for sales on all of them, even though I could almost buy all of them minus the Lazer. I am more than ready to match Rockstar's behaviour and continue to outplay them. I've only bought the Microlite for the off-radar mischief.

*Your own personal/pegasus aircraft's homing missiles don't lock during the smuggle pickups, only the supplied vehicle's missiles will lock for you if it has them.

*Weird NPC aircraft movement and behaviour, one moment they are crack pilots, the next they are dumb and hopeless. They seem to want to collide with you.

*Bug causing Hydra (possibly other planes) to nosedive randomly while flying level with full thrust.

*Can't drive car into hangar (thx for reminding me jazzbone)

The positives:

*I do find the pickup missions fun though, seeing as I don't feel like making money anymore, with R* stealing a bunch of it. I just feel blank ingame now. These jobs give me something random to do.

*Nice to see some new aircraft and the bombing.

*Using the Starling was a blast but alas I don't see 3m+ utility value there.

• jazzbone likes this

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Smugglers is about a 4 out of 10 for me.

I like having a hangar, the customizing, new aircraft offered, access to the fort if hangar is located there, and new missions to play. I like the free ammo i can get by climbing the maze of stairs.

There is a lot i dislike like the low pay crates 2.O buisness. I am only doing the sourcing needed to get the discounted prices and for the fun of playing new missions. However i will wait for a double pay special to sell my stock. As it is the solo time money ratio is very much a waste of time. Maybe non solo in full lobbies pays 4 times or more than solo. High paywall with low pay buisness just kills this dlc and alone knocks off 5 from the possible 10.

Other dislikes is that my hangar has no tv, no vending machine, and no snack dispenser. Also we should be able to enter the hangar in a car. 4 million for my hangar with customizing shop and i don't even get a wall snack dispenser and soda pop machine? Pegasus aircraft we own can become personal vehicles but we can only custom paint but not upgrade. I wish i could add pontoons to my Buzzard along with more armor and add armor and a turbo boost to my slow Bob. Last but not least, the maze of stairs needed to be navigated for free ammo. R* trolling us again.

TV is in your office in the Hangar

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 2 weeks ago.

i like the update BUT it lacks a couple of aircraft.

1  the stuka. i mean we get bombers so why not 1 of the most (in)famous divebomber from ww2? ok i get it,it  has a dark history but still.

some aircraft are just weird choices. the seabreeze... could have been replaced by the stuka for example. 

Stuka ? Dive bomber ? Dark history ? Smhh just give us the A6M zero and a hachimaki bandana :)

Banzai

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Hangar and plane availability at a moments notice is nice. Crate missions can bite me. I can't wait until I get that 42nd crate stored so I can wash my hands of the whole process. If Ron calls me after I stop running them, I'll take great pleasure in carpet bombing his trailer.....repeatedly.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

i like it cause of the FZ clearance. Free lazers 24/7 yay! :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users