DarkStarrM60
  • DarkStarrM60

Ranger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

Skyking is objectively the best livery.

You know your sh*t, is this worth it?
If money isn't a concern, and you have a friend to copilot, yes. If you play solo and aren't experienced in compensating for slow, heavy aircraft (Savage being another example) i would pass. If it catches your fancy though, it is totally capable of shredding just about anything with a few good swipes of the nose guns, also can land it and use the turret when parked if you're confident. I use it for the SS Airfield/McKenzie field air freight steal missions every time. It's also slow enough to make very accurate bombing runs with too.
Bought it last night, 100% love it. Nose MGs, ball turret, bombs, assisted takeoff all make it viable IMO. It truly is a great bomber, easier than the Bombushka as you can get lower and do more passes.

I did mine up in the WWII bomber livery with the orange on the engines as it reminded me of a B-17 paint job. Really liking these WWII aircraft.
  • AUScowboy likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:18 AM

It's not a ball turret!

• ash-274 and Smooth Longsack like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:32 PM Edited by ash-274, 21 October 2017 - 04:45 PM.

It's not a ball turret!

Youre goddamn right (Walter White meme)

The definition of a ball turret is that the gunners body moves with the elevation of the guns.
The belly (ventral) turret of B-17s and B-24s (and the navy version of the B-24, called the PB4Y) are the most iconic ball turrets, but they werent the only ones: the nose turret for some PB4Y models was also a ball turret mounted on top of the structure of the plane (there were at least six different designs of nose guns in that family of bombers). The Navy TBF Avenger torpedo bombers also had a dorsal ball turret that faced backwards.

Spoiler

Other wartime turrets had a support structure that lets the gun(s) swivel (horizontal) either manually or with electric/hydrolic assistance around the axis of the operator with the gunners body moving with the direction of the guns, but the elevation (vertical) movement independent of the gunners body; they would just move their head to see. Many of the British medium and heavy bombers had multiple turrets that had pairs of guns in a large-ish structures but the gunners body didn't move up or down with the guns.

B-24-MartinTopTurret.jpg

The Moguls turret is not a ball turret. It is an actual turret, like the remotely-operated ones on the MOC and Bombushka, but unlike the rear gun on the Tula, which is a pintle-mount gun(s), where the operator has to move around the axis of the guns mounting point.

• 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:39 AM Edited by The Sole Survivor, 22 October 2017 - 01:39 AM.

It's not a ball turret!

Youre goddamn right (Walter White meme)

The definition of a ball turret is that the gunners body moves with the elevation of the guns.
The belly (ventral) turret of B-17s and B-24s (and the navy version of the B-24, called the PB4Y) are the most iconic ball turrets, but they werent the only ones: the nose turret for some PB4Y models was also a ball turret mounted on top of the structure of the plane (there were at least six different designs of nose guns in that family of bombers). The Navy TBF Avenger torpedo bombers also had a dorsal ball turret that faced backwards.
Spoiler

Other wartime turrets had a support structure that lets the gun(s) swivel (horizontal) either manually or with electric/hydrolic assistance around the axis of the operator with the gunners body moving with the direction of the guns, but the elevation (vertical) movement independent of the gunners body; they would just move their head to see. Many of the British medium and heavy bombers had multiple turrets that had pairs of guns in a large-ish structures but the gunners body didn't move up or down with the guns.
B-24-MartinTopTurret.jpg

The Moguls turret is not a ball turret. It is an actual turret, like the remotely-operated ones on the MOC and Bombushka, but unlike the rear gun on the Tula, which is a pintle-mount gun(s), where the operator has to move around the axis of the guns mounting point.
now i know what to call the tulas ugly, useless gun.

f*ck you pintle gun
  • ash-274 likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:42 AM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 06 November 2017 - 08:30 PM.

I have become the world's first Mogul troll. Only 2 kills at the moment, but I'm getting there. People just don't know how to react to this thing.

I've also noticed that the "Duty Calls" livery has red flashes on the fins, plus extra "Mogul" text on the top of the wings (reversed on the starboard side), that is only visible from a distance, and in the hangar entry animation.

Finally, I tried race handling and almost immediately went back to stock. You totally lose the feeling of flying a large ww2-era plane, as it becomes totally smooth, far too light and responsive.

• Gridl0k and ash-274 like this

Suzuki Azure Vulpine
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:20 AM Edited by Suzuki Azure Vulpine, 13 November 2017 - 05:20 AM.

mZTD236.gif

Changed sessions, but the overhead shot looked cool, so I kept the recording

Also, this is why I'm partial to the top turret on this plane (my own video, and sorry that's it's loud)

Made a GIF from that Kill Montage:
Gh4DsQW.gif
*I love old Planes*

• MitchMaljers, ash-274 and SHOKKERZ91 like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

The latest awesome thing I've discovered about this plane is that you can transfer from turret to co-pilot/bombardier's position in flight, allowing for even more flexibility when there's only two of you. Also, if your pilot bails out while you're in the turret, you automatically move into the pilot's position and can continue flying.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

^
Can we go from pilot to turret ?

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

^
Can we go from pilot to turret ?

Only when parked on the ground

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

I was never fan of this plane since the trailer and the freight missions make this plane look so ugly and slow. But after buying it, I've grown to really like it. It's a lot smaller than it looks so landing it on open areas is a breeze. I've got mine in a dark greenish grey with no livery and it looks great next to my P-45 and Starling in my hangar :)
  • ash-274 likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:39 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 25 November 2017 - 09:48 PM.

Courtesy of Tails, who managed to stop being bombed for just long enough to capture this:

23843299_10155624763826130_3268829674599

Still by far my favourite aircraft from this update.

• Gridl0k, AUScowboy and Happy Hunter like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, it's easily in my top 3 or 4 along with the Hunter, Nokota and Howard. Best non VTOL plane for bombing IMO, super smooth still even with stunt handling and slow enough to really line up both single bombs and carpet runs.
  • Gridl0k likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Best sound in the game.

• Gridl0k and AUScowboy like this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:28 PM Edited by DoxerWhite, 30 November 2017 - 05:34 PM.

Favorite aircraift by far in this dlc. Can't wait to be finally able to play gta online again and buy this monster !

It reminds me somewhat to the Caudron C.445 Goeland used by the french in WW2. I will try to paint it as if it was one and avoid all the gunning customization and JATO. This plane will be mostly for the fun of flying, not griefing !

26.jpg

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

Finally, someone other than me bumping this topic! Hope you're on PS4 haha.

• xXxKAMIKAZExXx likes this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:44 PM Edited by DoxerWhite, 05 December 2017 - 07:45 PM.

After looking for a little bit of inspiration i finally made up my choice. I will go for a SNCAC NC.702 look. It looks closer than my previous post and it's easier to reproduce !

1200px-SNCAC_NC_702_Martinet.jpg

Oh boy, can't wait to buy it !

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

I find myself calling the mogul a lot, it really is a sweet handling little plane. Wish I had enough hangar space to put it alongside a duster and cuban. 

• RUFF_inthejungle likes this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:40 PM Edited by DoxerWhite, 29 December 2017 - 05:17 PM.

I'm sure it was a sign ! After grinding the hangar stock for 3 days, today was the day to sell 25 narcotics and 25 chemicals products. I called a british friend of mine to ask him the favor to assist me and he joined. The first mission was a Ultralight delivery mission in which we took our ease and delivered on time. Then the second one was the Mogul one ! And god oh god i was freaking out, knowing how it always turned out bad each time i was trying it. So i decided to jump on my friend's Mogul to protect him from the cops during his deliveries. 10 minutes were already gone when we finished to deliver the packages from the first aircraft and it was my turn to fly and save the day. I swear, on the last f*cking second i delivered my last package before the time was out. It's so miraculous. I felt being the luckiest GTA player of the day. So now it's settled, the Mogul is going to be mine.

When i received my discount at Warstock it was like i was the Feels good man meme. So much joy finishing to grind for this damned discount !

Here she is ! The SNCAC NC.702 Mogul of my dreams ! 

UmBI2wkEUEOwzgV7hLWA8A_0_0.jpg

vktogvTUKkaEMpdA_D0MQA_0_0.jpg

I haven't decided yet for the color combo, but for sure it's going to be fun to find her the perfect dress. She is even good at being a submarine ! So beautiful ! (in reality i was trying to do a stunt under the Zancudo bridge so i wasn't expecting this result...)

gwyaBJumC0Gq-GodqiiwRw_0_0.jpg

German engineering and french design never felt so good on a same plane...

• HometownLC, MitchMaljers, 79'Blazer4x4 and 2 others like this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Brushed aluminium is the way to go. 

wp3K62IYI0Kp0xpL-wA1Iw_0_0.jpgPaLKQZwer0-pMcKWDifUnw_0_0.jpgWLNnR-SVkkez5q1aL9Iakw_0_0.jpg

• Gridl0k, Professional Amateur and 1bbaxter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

That sale mission in Smuggler's Run put me off this thing lol. But, I think it's on offer now ...

I don't know. I mean, I am just a lone wolf. The main point of it (the gun on the top) wouldn't be much use for me.

Does it handle a lot better when you own one?

• MaxBazooka01 likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

That sale mission in Smuggler's Run put me off this thing lol. But, I think it's on offer now ...

I don't know. I mean, I am just a lone wolf. The main point of it (the gun on the top) wouldn't be much use for me.

Does it handle a lot better when you own one?

It handles exactly like you'd expect a heavy WW2-era twin engined bomber to. I love it, but it doesn't sound like your kind of thing. Pilot also controls the bombs and the twin front peashooters btw.

• Happy Hunter likes this

symphonight
  • symphonight

Hard but Fair

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've personnaly took down a lot of buzzard with this beast and my chaff. (lone wolf too.) and that noise! that noise!! :')

• whywontyoulisten and Happy Hunter like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

nothin personnel kid

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago

Bump! Decided to give mine a new paint job.

sHr2BWb.jpg

If only the roof turret was an option. I'd totally take it off because it really messes with the look I was going for.

• alkaline_, Hécate-II and DoxerWhite like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 6 days ago

I appreciate this plane a lot, but I won't buy it unless it receive a serious buff against explosive sniper rounds. Its just so weak. 

Still loved to play the Hangar sale mission with a gunner.  :)

1518590202-mogulmission.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users