Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you regret buying a hangar at Fort Zancudo?

112 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you regret buying a hangar at Fort Zancudo? (288 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you regret buying a hangar at Fort Zancudo?

1. Yes. (10 votes [3.47%])

Percentage of vote: 3.47%

2. No. (197 votes [68.40%])

Percentage of vote: 68.40%

3. I'm not sure yet. (20 votes [6.94%])

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

4. I purchased an LSIA hangar to start. (61 votes [21.18%])

Percentage of vote: 21.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
No display name = This
  • No display name = This

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Nope. Infact, I am glad I bought one at Zancudo.

• V4S, Spadge, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

dieseltech20
  • dieseltech20

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

No because this is a game. If I felt regret over a fake purchase, one that I can change at anytime, it would be time to stop playing.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

No because this is a game. If I felt regret over a fake purchase, one that I can change at anytime, it would be time to stop playing.

Well that added nothing to the discussion...

• jerryinohio78 and clinical oppression like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

It's closer to most of the collection missions and provides some protection from players who don't have access.

The one thing I don't like is that I can't use the control tower to ride out bounties anymore. Before, if I was fast enough, I could drive up to the door and climb up the stairs to the tower. Kill the General up there and then I was protected. The enemy AI had no idea how to get up the tower on their own and players wanting to collect on it had to face a 4 star wanted level along with a bunch of tanks patrolling at the base due to my intrusion.

Sigh. End of an era I guess.

• Forza Harrd likes this

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:10 AM

I traded in my LSIA hangar for the westernmost zancudo hangar because of this thread.

no ragrats
  • Gridl0k, Forza Harrd and Elektra like this

DarkForkner
  • DarkForkner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

In regards to those saying that they're glad they bought a FZ hangar due to location for source missions etc... Surely the locations of certain source missions change depending on the location of your hangar? The same way the location of supplies/crates alter depending on the location of your warehouse/mc business/bunker?

I've had more than one warehouse or worked as associate for others in different locations and this is clearly the case for everything else. Granted, there are some source/supply runs that happen to be right on your doorstep regardless of where you are, but a lot of the same ones relocate depending on where you are. Warehouse in Vinewood... it'll send you to South LS. Warehouse in South LS, it'll send you to Vinewood.

Has anyone who's owned a hangar in both areas found that this is the case for this DLC as well?

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Not at all. Especially when it became obvious that the LSIA Hangars are where all the wars break out. 

Lameboy
  • Lameboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Just traded LSIA to get my hangar at fort zancudo, missions much closer, thus quicker to do. Solo public player so the crowd doesn't bother me

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

What is the best hangar at Zancudo, if you want to land and take off fast?

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

What is the best hangar at Zancudo, if you want to land and take off fast?

The western most one for 2.65m
  • Alvarez, Pedinhuh, MrTroubleMaker and 1 other like this

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Well given time now, I say no. I have short flights between my grapeseed bunker and lombank office, and I hardly see anyone over in zancudo. The choice of the western hangar was also great, as I mostly see people with the cheapest and most expensive zancudo sites, following the usual pattern with businesses.

As well as it being a centralized location for all sourcing and selling.

• Jenkiiii and BuzzSaw_U_All like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:10 PM Edited by Jenkiiii, 04 September 2017 - 05:12 PM.

I've been reading through this thread again with interest because I initially posted about being a big LSIA fan and that FZ didn't interest me, etc, but I now understand why there are some major advantages to LZ:

# Central map location, instead of the most southern point of LSIA. Better for cargo missions.

# Low level clearance to the base. Anyone who doesn't have clearance is seriously disadvantaged in fights.

However, I'm completely outfitted in Los Santos and the only property I own north of the city is the Farmhouse Bunker (as near as I could get it). I own five CEO cargo warehouses in LS, a vehicle export warehouse in Davis, a yacht off Vespucci Beach, five MC Clubhouse businesses, all in the city, a CEO Office and 60-car showroom, six 10-car garages in Eclipse Towers, and NOW the Hangar down in LSIA airport.

YES, it's not as good as FZ, but the location is a dream to me. And the functionality of the hangar itself is exactly the same, and the upgrades and contents are identical too.

I fully respect the benefits of Fort Zancudo, but it's not for me.

GTP_Monkey
  • GTP_Monkey

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

Definitely not. It's great you can fly over FZ without getting a 4 star also cool to drive around
  • bulldog385 likes this

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Started with the cheapest at LSIA, but when I make more money I will transfer over. Because if I was to be chased I can have Ft Z. defend me so to speak.

A.I.R
  • A.I.R

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

FZ FTW.
-is in the middle of the city
-no wanted level
-free p996
-cool to see the jet and soldier acting normal

I buy the cheapest one there. Sometime i have a tank that scare me but is cool
  • bulldog385 and Nossirag like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

At this point, I don't regret buying up at FZ any more than I regret buying anything in this DLC. It's cool that you can fly over it and not get the cops called on you. I hate how much the hanger adds to my daily utility/mechanic fees. I've finished my 50 missions to get the cheaper trade prices, so outside of any double money bonuses I will all but forget I own the thing. If the cargo was more profitable, then I'd wish I had the LSIA hangar to make alternating with crates or I/E feasible. 

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

It's worth it solely for the removal of the no-fly-zone over the base.

I'm going to miss jumping the fence though by the tunnel.

true-gamers-know-where-he-was-going-9597
  • bulldog385, xCarlaP_x, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 7 others like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:551__K/D:18.29 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

No way the hangers brilliant its like my own military base :D 

• Forza Harrd likes this

xPredatorGodx
  • xPredatorGodx

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

I have a Zancudo Hangar and got it first and as far as ive hear that is the only place u get the "return the Deliver Vehicle" parts at the ends of missions? if so its well worth the money as with my tests im fairly certain that while it says an RP bonus, if you get all the delivery vehicles back its also a cash bonus, i sold my $850,000 Narcotics shipment in a completely empty lobby and got $1,178,500 after Rons cut of $21,500

ReapZ_96
  • ReapZ_96

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:03 AM Edited by ReapZ_96, 06 September 2017 - 03:06 AM.

The only place I have found in FZ that is still off limits is the control tower.   You instantly get 4 stars as soon as you walk past the metal detector, even unarmed.

Maybe this has something to do with the hidden blacklight message on the paper version of the map that came with some copies of the game. The message is on the fz runway and says take controll. Possibly part of the mt chiliad mystery? What is everyone else's thoughts?

EDIT: This post alone has made me decide to switch from lsia to the fz hanger just to do some searching.
  • Forza Harrd likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Hustler

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:06 AM Edited by delorianlazarus, 06 September 2017 - 11:08 AM.

This control tower thing is fun!
Go inside, climb the stairs to go on top, kill the (very) few soldiers here, and go passive while looking at the runways from the upper level: you can watch the mess with players fighting, strange planes landing and taking off all the time.... I felt like I was at some air show, but with dogfights and crashes and gunfights right next to me.

The NPC don't know how to climb up, so you'll be trouble-free. Maybe a police chopper will come, but players don't let them live really long generally.

Amazing show....
This FZ hangar is one of my best purchases. The payout is sh1t but I don't care.
  • Gridl0k, bulldog385 and Forza Harrd like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

I'm happy with my Zancudo hangar. It's central and no longer having the no fly zone over the base is more than worth it.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

FZ is nice and all but besides the missions I see no use for FZ, especially because it's so far away from the city, where I'm always at.

ReapZ_96
  • ReapZ_96

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

This quote is a post I made in the mystery thread after purchasing my fz hangar and testing some things out there. May be some incentive in buying the Dr hanger if you like mystery hunting.

I Found Another mt Chiliad mural in fort zancodo.
I believe this faint writing on the righ side of the dry erase board located in the classroom is a match too the mt chiliad mural.
The Mural -https://pasteboard.co/GJ59lji.jpg
Poster beside mural-https://pasteboard.co/GJ56q8R.jpg
Not sure if this is relevent or not but this is what happened inside and it was kind of odd. I had just purchased a hanger at fz and flew into the base. I landed near the air control tower so I decided to go in there before my hangar. Once i got inside i aimed my combat mg at the gaurd beside the metal detector and and all the civilians ran outside. Then he began to walk toward the door and eventually got stuck in the door while still walking into it. Once he reached the door he said "malfunction" and laughed. I then walked over to him to push him outside. Let the doors close and walked on through the metal detector. Didn't recieve any stars.
when I'm the very top room I punched at the officer(one with badges on his shirt) he dodged it and said "I'm a marine motherf*****" and punched me. I then pulled out a bat hit him once or twice killed him switched to a knive and stabbed the other two. No one attempted to fight back setting me killing the officer or soldiers
Also as i was walking up the stairs and I heard one of the soldiers tell the officer In the top of the tower "the general likes vinewood magazines." "Just get him a magazine wrapped in vinewood clippings and he will do anything."
- I Found the mural in the classroom on the first floor.
- i Found elevators that open but don't go up or down. No option to use the buttons.
- I found a server room on the 3rd or 4th floor with computers one that displays the uninted states with a Bunch of dots. Another that displays two curved curved lines opening opposite to each other. With some x's marked on it. And a Bunch of computer servers.
Sorry for the formatting posted on my cell. Hope this helps with the mystery

Also to add to this i think the important part is the part about bringing something to the general. considering it said he will do whatever you want. Hence allowing you to "take control" of ft zancodo. Which the blacklight message on the paper map states to do.
Also the part I found weirdest is that I pointed my gun at the guy(combat my mk2) and he just walked out to the door and then the npc SAID "MAILFUNCTION" and laughed. I was then able to push him out and walk through the metal detector while armed with gun out the whole time and never recieved stars. None of the move fought back except the one officer in the top of the tower dodged and punched me once then I killed him and the two soldiers right there watching did nothing. So I proceeded to 1 by 1 stab them. Still no stars or fighting back...
To the guy that said this was normal npc behaviors above, I strongly disagree.. I've had the punch dodging thing happen one time before outside my office and the guy dodged my punch said "I'm not your punching bag" punched me back and began to run away and then disappears once he takes maybe 2 steps.. that was kind of odd but not sure it matters.
Anyway tho I doubt regularly follow the mystery hunts I have checked in on them from time to time and it seems as if the clearance with hangars and some of the things added in recent updates to online seem to add to the sort of my chiliad mystery.
After all the message does say come back once your story is completed. In my eyes single player and online would both be part of the "whole story"
  • Gridl0k likes this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

1. Would it have been worth it to save the money
2. Make LSIA home base?
3. Not deal with the chaos?
4. What do you think?

1. No.

2. No.
3. I've seen no chaos at Ft. Zancudo, just good old fashioned shootouts.
4. I think, overall, the DLC was weak. The planes just don't do it for me. The hangar, however, made the whole DLC worthwhile. Even with the living quarters.

DLC isnt weak.. as the game goes on solo players will feel less excited becuz playing with like mind buddies makes it much more fun

Capt_Of_Wolves
  • Capt_Of_Wolves

You're average wolf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:03 AM

I bought the hanger just so I could spawn there and also be able to fly in and out of Fort Zancudo without getting a wanted level. 

JakeHorgrove
  • JakeHorgrove

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Zancudo has good perks but I don't have many properties outside of the city. I was also told that Zancudo was a war zone while the LSIA was more of a chill spot.

I fly to LSIA to check out the hanger and boom some troll on an Oppressor kills me and flies away. Closer to the city is closer to idiots.

I fly out to Zancudo and it's nothing but peaceful people doing missions. Is it always like this?

I really have no desire to do the missions but I still can't decide.
  • Nossirag likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:58 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 09 September 2017 - 11:34 AM.

With the Hangar at FZ, I got:

-A better located place to finish all smuggling runs faster;
-A new runway to land on the map;
-A new place to explore without being harassed by police or having limited time;
-That new matte foliage green Canis Mesa that sits right besides my hangar which I can just get in it and drive, looks rad too,
-In terms of immersion, there is only gain, I can now see the military NPCS activities in the Base, and when landing on the airstrip I get a nice welcoming AC tower chatter;
-A new place to spawn Pegasus aircrafts;
-A new place to spawn Personal Vehicles on the base;
-A new shortcut when driving through that region.
-And finally, a GREAT sniping position that I won't be sharing for now ;)

If LSIA can ever top all of these benefits, then maybe I will move, maybe not.
  • gnomefromnome, MrTroubleMaker, Forza Harrd and 2 others like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

I voted no. Since that first day I haven't had many problems at Zancudo. Plus it's been nice being able to explore a "new" area of the map without being blasted into next week by a tank... as often. 

• Nossirag likes this

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

When I fly into Fort Zancudo

XQo7Wg.jpg

• Gridl0k, JakeHorgrove, Winonas and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users