Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you regret buying a hangar at Fort Zancudo?

112 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you regret buying a hangar at Fort Zancudo? (284 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you regret buying a hangar at Fort Zancudo?

1. Yes. (10 votes [3.52%])

Percentage of vote: 3.52%

2. No. (194 votes [68.31%])

Percentage of vote: 68.31%

3. I'm not sure yet. (20 votes [7.04%])

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

4. I purchased an LSIA hangar to start. (60 votes [21.13%])

Percentage of vote: 21.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Straightforward question.

Would it have been worth it to save the money, make LSIA home base, and not deal with the chaos?

I almost impulse traded in for an LSIA hangar within the first two hours of buying by Zancudo hangar, but I'm resisting for now.

What do you think?

• Ker Juice likes this

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DarkFlame588, 3 weeks ago.

I think it is nicer for overall more central location for sourcing and selling, but time will tell. One thing though from what I've seen I'll be glad I have it once that Skylift to Paleto Bay sale comes up...

NancyBotwiin
  • NancyBotwiin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I get a kick out of sitting by my hangar and watching those poor souls with four stars trying to get a Laser, especially since it is only two stars for me.
  • Randoom., Blasterman4EVER, Shadowfennekin and 5 others like this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's the better location. Most of the cargo jobs are taking place in the middle area of the map. And I couldn't imagine how sh*tty it would be flying back and forth from LSIA and carrying cargo through LS to the airport. 

• -KM-, SumSkittles, DuduLima and 5 others like this

Steamy_breezy
  • Steamy_breezy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago

No, and I got it all by now.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. Would it have been worth it to save the money
2. Make LSIA home base?
3. Not deal with the chaos?
4. What do you think?

1. No.

2. No.
3. I've seen no chaos at Ft. Zancudo, just good old fashioned shootouts.
4. I think, overall, the DLC was weak. The planes just don't do it for me. The hangar, however, made the whole DLC worthwhile. Even with the living quarters.

• Rafae, bulldog385, GTAJJ and 1 other like this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

FZ is my preference...I enjoy the army base access and for shootouts it's better since it's got more cover.

It's also hard for rivals who don't have the FZ hangar to camp there but anyone can camp at LSIA all day.
  • GTAJJ and ryannata like this

IdRatherBeFlying
  • IdRatherBeFlying

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love having access to FZ and the western hangear is conveniently located on the small runway.   It also makes sense that a civilian use hangar on an air base would be on a separate section than the military use buildings (like Fort Walton Beach Airport IRL).

The only advantage I can see to an LSIA hangar is being able to reload bombs faster (you have to return to your hanger to replenish the 50 bombs in the bomb bay).

The only place I have found in FZ that is still off limits is the control tower.   You instantly get 4 stars as soon as you walk past the metal detector, even unarmed.

• ryannata likes this

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I got Zancudo for one of my characters. When I switch to my other char I'll get an LSIA Hangar. Variety is the spice of life.....and a huge drain on my virtual bank account lol. I don't know how people with one character can complain about lack of money.

Anyway so far no regrets with Zancudo
  • BigBrother67, bulldog385, JSwartz0181 and 2 others like this

JAKEBAB
  • JAKEBAB

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Being able to fly over the airbase is the whole reason I bought it so i still think it was worth it.

• Stormingz, -KM-, BigBrother67 and 7 others like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Being able to fly over the airbase is the whole reason I bought it so i still think it was worth it.

It's like your own mainland yacht-AA system (assuming the player chasing you doesn't own a FZ hangar as well)

• StormerBoy, -KM-, JAKEBAB and 4 others like this

MarczXD
  • MarczXD

Xbox One Player

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Brought one at the los santos airport, cheap and the same thing with the exception of location

• Jenkiiii and 0CypherP like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Brought one at the los santos airport, cheap and the same thing with the exception of location

That's generally how real estate works :cool:

• Ballistic Jello, gtafan26, Stormingz and 4 others like this

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Absolutely f*cking not!!!
I love my hanger in FZ.

It's pretty neat being able to go in without a wanted level and having a property there itself is really neat.

It's also so well located for my business and bunker. I have the Lombank West CEO office. My bunker/Yacht is in Chumash. All my properties are in one good drive away from each other.
  • GTAJJ, VictorVince1239, ryannata and 1 other like this

Aquarices
  • Aquarices

I'm a sucker for other people's pain.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

That reminds me, I need to move my yacht to Chumash.
  • BigBrother67 and dieseltech20 like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don'don't regret it at all, for these reasons:

- Only play solo or with friends, so no sh*t happens between randoms.

- Low level access to Fort Zancudo (you'll gain a 4 star wanted level when entering the control tower, the bunker elevator and firing a weapon near or at personnel). You can however lose your wanted level when you head back to the main part but personnel will still attack you if seen.

- Access to Lazers during source missions that supply you with bad aircraft (looks at Seabreeze).

- Can finally use FZ as a shortcut during Sightseer.

- If I die in FZ, I don't spawn 900000 miles away anymore.
  • MrGrandis, -KM-, bulldog385 and 10 others like this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm happy at lsia. Yacht right there, crate warehouse right there, davis i/e garage, maze bank office. Team lannister. Let you northern bastages fight amongst yourselves.

xCarlaP_x
  • xCarlaP_x

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love it. I just like to walk around the base most of the time. Plus the fact there's npcs driving about, taking off in jets etc it's makes the location feel more alive.
  • -KM-, DuduLima, Jackie_R and 8 others like this

Death Rains From Above
  • Death Rains From Above

Pharah Main

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 3 weeks ago

No regrets about my hangar at FZ. It is awesome being able to roll into Zancudo with personnel recognizing my access to the Fort everytime I enter.

To top it off, there's loads of tanks and soldiers nearby to help deal with troublemakers, free Lazers within a very short distance, and it's in a center part of the map (which is most optimal thanks to Frieght Missions taking place in the middle portions of the map most of the time).

Basically, FZ is well worth the higher pricetag if you want less travel times for Freight and don't want to deal with the riff-raff at LSIA. Plus, Free Lazers!
  • Aussie_Hunter and ryannata like this

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

They added PV spawning in Zancudo, I can only hope they did the same to LSI.

• ryannata likes this

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Why go to LSIA, so people can hang out outside your doorway planting sticky bombs and sniping you soon as you spawn out?   I've had virtually no issues at all in Fort Zanchudo, you act out of line in their and the military got a tank shell ready and waiting to stuff straight up your ass.

I think the low level clearance is well worth the increased price.   It was so frustrating having to avoid Zanchudo like a plague, fly over it or even around it, 4 star cops and jets after you.     Now not only am I allowed to fly over it, but I don't even need to jump the fence anymore.    I can just drive right in through the gates.   Plus if you have a Zanchudo hangar and your getting chased by someone with a LISA base, if your able all you have to do is lore them to Zanchudo and watch as the military takes care of the rest for you, as they'll get 4 stars for flying over while you won't.

Overall I don't regret it at all, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

• bulldog385, BronxBombers79, Daedalheidis and 1 other like this

Stealthflight
  • Stealthflight

JERKIN IT WITH SQUIRRELS

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Stealthflight, 3 weeks ago.

Why go to LSIA, so people can hang out outside your doorway planting sticky bombs and sniping you soon as you spawn out?   I've had virtually no issues at all in Fort Zanchudo, you act out of line in their and the military got a tank shell ready and waiting to stuff straight up your ass.

I think the low level clearance is well worth the increased price.   It was so frustrating having to avoid Zanchudo like a plague, fly over it or even around it, 4 star cops and jets after you.     Now not only am I allowed to fly over it, but I don't even need to jump the fence anymore.    I can just drive right in through the gates.   Plus if you have a Zanchudo hangar and your getting chased by someone with a LISA base, if your able all you have to do is lore them to Zanchudo and watch as the military takes care of the rest for you, as they'll get 4 stars for flying over while you won't.

Overall I don't regret it at all, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

No ones messed with me at my LSIA hanger. I'm like the only person that uses  mines as a trap and stalking players. No one has done it to me at ANY of my properties all the years Ive been playing.

I think Rockstar employees might be posting on forums to make the game sound exciting ?, lol, Cause out of dozens of sessions since the new update Ive only seen one exciting jet and bomber war in the skies.

I plant proximity mines at the cheapest Import Export garage as well or I wait for the car delivery to appear to shoot them thru their windshield and blow up their cars or steal them.  But not one player yet has done the same to me at any of my places. Majority of players are neutral and I cant attest to that. I'm a rank 500 plus player and have over 1k hours of playtime. I wish players would be more sneaky with me and more sly and innovate in their ways to take me out but its just not so.

Majority of people just kill eachother with on ground consensual combat or via jet griefing every 20th lobby or they might chase after a crate or delivery or two but when it comes to being sneaky, .no ones been very innovative

• Nossirag likes this

Hunter241
  • Hunter241

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

After just jumping off my PS4 to help my little brother get set up with a hanger, I'd say Zancudo hangers are by far a much better investment

I play on PC, and have mine in Zancudo and have only met one guy trying to kill me. He died before I did because the soldiers were out in full force
My brother bought the cheapest hanger in LSIA and in 4 out of 6 sessions, it was a warzone

The soldiers dealing with the griefers and the "out of the way" feel to zancudo does make doing the missions and sorting self out much easier
  • Dream-_-Traveler and ryannata like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Wildfire_08, 3 weeks ago.

I was thinking about this last night.

I didn't at first, because there was a lot more action & it was funny to just school fools in the air that don't have the skills to be whizzing around but they have the money. 

But now it's just a bore... Because I can't really get anything done in session... Everytime I wanna do a mission, someone is always out there trying to cheap shot people, so I always end up getting into a 30 min session of beating down some little sh*t that blew me up sa I came out the hangar or whatever. 

I do wish they'd have put a few more hangars in, spread around the map.

I might switch to LSIA

The only good thing about FZ is the LL clearance, I suppose it makes flying over head to my bunker a few seconds faster. 

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey Blasterman, and the rest of you guys.

I looked at the five options on sale at the foreclosure website - three in FZ and two in LSIA, and immediately bought the largest hangar in LSIA to the left-hand side. That was my instinctive decision, and I believe it to be the right one. I normally go for the most expensive and best located option, like the Farmhouse Bunker for example, or the Darnell Brothers special cargo warehouse, but this time I chose differently.

My instincts told me that Fort Zancudo would be hostile and not the place to live in peace and store and collect personalised aircraft. I wanted to try everything out in my own time, including the Elitás non-weaponised vehicles without having to switch back and forth into passive mode (you need to be active to log-in to your laptop). Fort Zancudo looks like a bad place for my style of play

LSIA is pretty calm, and you can see your yacht moored offshore, and I think the Smuggler's update has been terrific for the addition of personalised aircraft. I've had an absolute ball with it from a collector's point of view.

The downside is the collection missions, but when you only get TEN thousand for a package it doesn't really matter. I've already abandoned the concept of stealing/selling cargo to make money in GTA online. It's seriously underpaid. So LSIA is the best option for people who need a city centre location and don't plan on warring and smuggling to get by in Los Santos.

• kenmy13999, Nossirag, ryannata and 1 other like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Playa

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

No. And I've seen no chaos.

Can you explain what do you mean by chaos? I thought any who dares to shoot at Zankudo will recieve a charge from the nearby Rhino, no?

Why not use your Yacht as a spawn location? You can teleport straight to Zancudo. There is a race job there.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jenkiiii, 3 weeks ago.

Why not use your Yacht as a spawn location? You can teleport straight to Zancudo. There is a race job there.

Assuming money isn't the issue, why not buy the hangar living quarters and spawn there?

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Absolutely not. The low level clearance alone makes it worth it.

I love the way my hangar is stationed at Fort Zancudo.
  • Dream-_-Traveler, mrgstrings and ryannata like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

My friend bought it just because he didn't see LSIA ones.

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

My friend bought it just because he didn't see LSIA ones.

I did the same but thank god I did lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users