Whats up with the planes handling?

44 replies to this topic
Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

The Sport handling completely cancels turbulence on all the planes I tried it on: Molotok, Rogue, Alpha.
I was flying a perfectly straight air plane, following my inputs without extra bounce like the Race one did (same planes with race handling = turning around like crazy)

EDIT
I fly using keyboard only

Hmm I couldn't really see a difference with the Rogue or the Alpha, here's a long video of the latter where I fly it around on each setting for a for minutes. 

OD913
  • OD913

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:25 PM Edited by OD913, 31 August 2017 - 06:35 PM.

Oh you have to buy the different handling, of course...R*. I thought it would be under the menu. I'm guessing this option is just for smugglers run aircraft and not on Pegasus too?

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Thug

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:57 PM Edited by delorianlazarus, 31 August 2017 - 07:10 PM.

The Sport handling completely cancels turbulence on all the planes I tried it on: Molotok, Rogue, Alpha.
I was flying a perfectly straight air plane, following my inputs without extra bounce like the Race one did (same planes with race handling = turning around like crazy)

EDIT

Hmm I couldn't really see a difference with the Rogue or the Alpha, here's a long video of the latter where I fly it around on each setting for a for minutes. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0CH0RusYWo
Which device do you use to fly?

When on sports handling, the planes I tried it on (again, Rogue, Alpha, and Molotok) feel like it is back to the time the Mallard got buffed and had this "fly along invisible rails" behavior.
No shaking at all.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:41 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 31 August 2017 - 07:41 PM.

EDIT

<snipped>
Which device do you use to fly?

When on sports handling, the planes I tried it on (again, Rogue, Alpha, and Molotok) feel like it is back to the time the Mallard got buffed and had this "fly along invisible rails" behavior.
No shaking at all.

The device is irrelevant, I've got the Molotok out right now with the sport handling, on PC, and just holding on the power and nothing else, there's turbulence - after previously having the smooth handling on it, there really isn't any difference. 

Really we're waiting on someone who can go through the game's files and see exactly what the upgrades are supposed to do - I've already done that, but there's people 'more in the know' about these things than me so would rather await their thoughts rather than just saying "don't buy engine or handling upgrades, they're a waste of money". 

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

Oh you have to buy the different handling, of course...R*. I thought it would be under the menu. I'm guessing this option is just for smugglers run aircraft and not on Pegasus too?

Correctamundo.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:54 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 31 August 2017 - 09:54 PM.

Here's another thing - what's the cost of the handling upgrades? $20,000, $27,000 and $35,000 right - for Smooth Handling / Sport Handling / Race Handling respectively? 

Well that's the exact same price as the brake upgrades on top-end vehicles... 

I'm calling bullsh*t on the handling doing anything to the planes themselves and they don't even brake differently when this upgrade is fitted anyway (if that's what it was supposed to do in reference to that handling upgrade being VMT_BRAKES). Seeing as the engine stuff hasn't proven to me that it's any faster over the stock version either, my guess here is that Rockstar were lazy and those upgrades aren't applying to the proper areas. 

For example - I'm not sure how it works but if VMT_ENGINE and VMT_BRAKES is supposed to multiply or increase the braking bias or force and engine rpm of vehicles - that's all well and good - but aircraft have their specific "CFlyingHandlingData" with values pertaining to pitch, roll and yaw, as well as thrust - which probably aren't being multiplied properly if Rockstar cocked up somewhere. 

• Gridl0k likes this

MastuhWaffles
  • MastuhWaffles

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

The main thing with the racing handling is that your can turn super fast, it makes it hard to line up shots on targets but will save your butt from other aircraft/missiles without using flares.

HOWEVER f*cking R* and their idea that they cost different prices. Granted its not much, but preferences shouldn't cost more.

• livejoker likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

Huh. I need to retest my new aircraft then. I have the Molotok with Sport handling on one char and the Rogue with Race handling on another. The Molotok felt super intuitive and like people say, on rails. The Rogue on the other hand makes me feel like a novice flyer.

It's a drag that it's so expensive to test the other versions, especially if they could be placebo.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

May be just my imagination, but the Hydra now seems to handle abit different than before the DLC.

Flew it into the city. Air braking seems less effective, like I was carrying a bit more momentum than usual.

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

The Rogue is very sensitive but I am starting to get use to it. I keep my option that controls the handling on stock. I didnt upgarde it to race or anything like that because that would make it even more difficult to control. I do really like it over all though and I am a happy Rogue owner.

I see some say the Rogue is better in a dog fight than a Hydra but I just took out a Rogue with my Hydra the other night, it wasn't even a close call. I had better cannon placements and out maneuvered it easily. I even beat one in my buzzard this morning. I think for dog fighting I will stick to my trusty jet.

I mean, if you're shooting down Rogue users in a buzzard, that shows more about their total trashness than it does the plane itself.

In equal skill, especially with the different handling modes, the rogue outmaneuvers the Hydra trash box easily. Cannons obviously aren't as OP, but I like that, it actually takes a bit more skill to use instead of every trash motherf*cker on the game thinking they're a badass pilot because they can spray and pray with the easiest gun in the game to use. 

Nobody should be using a Hydra in a dogfight anyway, it's Laser or bust, although now it's Laser or Rogue.

There are a lot of players in the sky now who are very inexpierenced since they probably just dove into flying because of this DLC. It's sad being taken out by a buzzard when you are in a fighter plane lol. The plane tried to bomb me which is why I took it out, I was minding my own business.

I'm too lazy to steal lasers from the military base. If I lose against a laser I lose, I don't really give a sh*t.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:13 PM Edited by Skeve613, 31 August 2017 - 11:17 PM.

Maybe if the handling is so f**ked the long-forgotten backwards inverted takeoff maneuver will somehow return from the last gen days  :lol:

If you have no idea what I mean, here's the shortest video with no stupid music that I could find to illustrate::

In all seriousness, I really do genuinely miss totally pointless but stupidly fun stuff like this

• Cutter De Blanc and Forza Harrd like this

VDTor
  • VDTor

Bring Justice For The A-10!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

The Aircrafts looks like they're drifting on the ground. The way to new aircraft moves looks very different to how the old aircrafts move through the air.

And I noticed the Hydra got a little faster... can anyone confirm this?

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

I was flying that new plane that can make the propellers vertical. One guy shot me a few times and the right motors went dead. It swung heavily to one side and was very hard to keep steady. Good times.

Tried a supply mission yesterday. I had the Hunter as the given plane. Cool with the bomb drops, barrage and homing missiles, but handled like utter sh*te. Hope there's a stabilizer option when it gets dripfed.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Thug

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Tried a supply mission yesterday. I had the Hunter as the given plane. Cool with the bomb drops, barrage and homing missiles, but handled like utter sh*te. Hope there's a stabilizer option when it gets dripfed.

After the initial hype, people will realize the Hunter hasn't beaten the Savage yet.
With upgrades, maybe.

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

I was thinking how ridiculous the rudder feedback is on the Rouge, way too crazy, and yeah I do agree there are other aircraft that are way too responsible, this is the Brickade all over again.

On the other hand the Ultralight feels very real and the Nakota? (Rustler) feels fun to fly and so does the Mogul in dogfights

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users