GTX 1060 6gb - Stuttering, FPS drops and Freezes

4 replies to this topic
Krexu
  • Krexu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Hello. I have a little problem with GTA V. Playing more than 20-25 minutes causes Stuttering and FPS drops. I've read some topics about it but they didn't help me :/ I have the newest possible drivers and my PC is free from viruses. 

MY PC SPEC:

GTX 1060 6gb

I5-4460 @ 3.2GHz

8gb RAM

Windows 10 64-bit

GPU/CPU temp & usage after ~25 minutes of playing, all settings at High(Not Very High), Stuttering occurs: http://imgur.com/a/MCUII

It's weird because I'm getting FPS drops but none of my PC components reach 100% usage or temp higher than 71 degrees.

Every comment/help will be appreciated :/ And sorry for my lame English, I hope it's pretty understandable :b

• Nossirag likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

How is your memory usage? You might be running out of memory.
  • Snoopbr likes this

Manbunqo
  • Manbunqo

Time suck dick Carl

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Hello. I have a little problem with GTA V. Playing more than 20-25 minutes causes Stuttering and FPS drops. I've read some topics about it but they didn't help me :/ I have the newest possible drivers and my PC is free from viruses. 

MY PC SPEC:

GTX 1060 6gb

I5-4460 @ 3.2GHz

8gb RAM

Windows 10 64-bit

GPU/CPU temp & usage after ~25 minutes of playing, all settings at High(Not Very High), Stuttering occurs: http://imgur.com/a/MCUII

It's weird because I'm getting FPS drops but none of my PC components reach 100% usage or temp higher than 71 degrees.

Every comment/help will be appreciated :/ And sorry for my lame English, I hope it's pretty understandable :b

I have 1060 6gb aswell and its been working perfectly since I bought it. But, my friend who has exatcly same specs than you expect his CPU is i5-4670K, he had the same fps problem like you and he had to restart his game like every half hour because his game started to lag a lot.  Well, he decided to clean the whole computer and reinstalled Windows and that helped him and no more fps drops and he can play normally. It could work on you aswell.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

I think there's also going to be occasions of unavoidable stutter and lag that you can generally get from these P2P games, and if the people in the session have bad internet connections, that won't help either. 

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Open the task manager and close browsers and other heavy applications that are using too much memory. I have a different configuration, but closing other programs usually resolve my stuttering problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users