Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this DLC the end of GTAO for you?

101 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this DLC the end of GTAO for you? (247 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still interested in playing the game Online?

1. Yes (77 votes [31.17%])

Percentage of vote: 31.17%

2. No (99 votes [40.08%])

Percentage of vote: 40.08%

3. Not Sure (45 votes [18.22%])

Percentage of vote: 18.22%

4. I'm giving it one more DLC (26 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

You have to admit though, they did well to keep going for 4 years and bring players back regularly.

It's not over until the fat lady sings, I don't know if she is singing yet. I hope not, but if she is, it's been a great run and huge success.
  • Unruly likes this

Stealthflight
  • Stealthflight

JERKIN IT WITH SQUIRRELS

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 3 weeks ago

You have to admit though, they did well to keep going for 4 years and bring players back regularly.

It's not over until the fat lady sings, I don't know if she is singing yet. I hope not, but if she is, it's been a great run and huge success.

No, its mostly new players now. Most lobbies are under rank 100. I have seen a lot more 200+ rank two years ago than I do today.

Everyone I know, twenty or so on my friends list have stopped playing GTA 5. Im on the only one left.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nah. It's not the end. I've been addicted to this game for years. But, they've really taken the game in multiple wrong directions. From a "realism"/"canon" standpoint, the Further Adventures in Felony and Finance was perfect. It was the peak of the mountain. It was the penultimate endgame for GTA. You start out as a low-level thug with a pistol. With that DLC, you were a CEO that did business all over Los Santos. You had gone from being homeless to having a high-rise office with a 60-car garage. It made sense.

Then came Bikers. Why one would go from being a CEO to a dirty, grimy biker didn't make a lot of sense to me, but a lot of people in the game liked bikes and wanted to be bikers, so I understood. What's more, while it was a variation on the CEO formula, Biker stuff didn't break the game in any insurmountable way. Plus, we got the sublime Hakuchou Drag out of the deal.

Then came Import/Export. Again, it made sense. It highlighted GTA's wealth of fictitious cars, and allowed players to engage in the game's namesake; stealing, storing, and selling expensive cars. It was fun. And lucrative. And Fast and Furious-y. I loved it. It fit the game's overall narrative up until that point...

Then came Gunrunning and Smuggler's Run... And the game devolved into a military warfare exercise. Armed, armored vehicles, attack choppers, fighter jets... A FLYING MOTORCYCLE. The city is a literal warzone now. Unless you're a griefer or a Battlefield reject, the game isn't "fun" in the conventional GTA sense. I don't know why R* chose to alter the focus the way they did. The PvE aspect of heists was great, but now everything happens in freeroam (which has always been a lawless). That place is a hellhole now. GTAO has never had the greatest player base, but we're scraping the bottom of the barrel with the types of players that this new GTA attracts. It's not the end of the road for me, but my enthusiasm is waning for the first time in nearly four years.
  • Zip87, gtafan26, psymin and 9 others like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you guys now realize they're screwed w/o the Benz? They'd beg and he'd come up with something good, thus this Dlx sucks. I'm done being hardcore, just a casual mission player who fools with his cars. This was a huge eff you to all the veteran, honest players. Will probably cut my play time like 75%.

"The Benz" hasn't been involved in GTA since before GTA:O launched. His ideas were there, and likely mostly complete (based on the quality of earlier updates) but he was pushed before Online was live.

You're right though, them pushing him out was their downfall. Yes, you can't pin success on one man etc. etc. and all the other sh*te from the other topic I said this, but the fact remains it was The Benz and his team who made GTA:O great. Since Heists the quality has dropped (even before heists too but heists was probably the best update yet). I believe Heists were The Benz's work based on original trailers and screenshots from way before heists dropped.

The future for GTA, and Rockstar, is questionable without the guidance from The Benz that they so clearly (IMO) need.
  • RetroStyle and J1M like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nah, they gave us those cool new beanie hats.
  • Smooth Longsack likes this

Zip87
  • Zip87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zip87, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah. GTA O turned into a sh*tshow, gonna trade it in this week for Hitman, MGS or Mad Max

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not "done" per say but I've definitely been playing a lot less.
  • gtafan26, Ya Boy Punk Fan, -LN- and 1 other like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yep, saidit many times but this time I mean it - I am done with it

I believe you this time.

No. I still love ground pvp

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Answer is no, I`m not interested in playing the game Online anymore. THIS piece of sh*t overpriced, boring and lackluster DLC was the final nail to the coffin for me after the horrible Gunrunning.

I`m done playing like I used to, maybe I will still jump on a car meet, but otherwise I`m done.

Although I`m willing to come back if they release at least a decent DLC in the future, one that isn`t a rehash of what we already have.

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

About 50/50 for me. Im getting sick of these updates forcing pvp on us yet there's still such thing as bad sports and penalties for killing players. Im at that point where I still like the game but im gonna look for other games that'll satisfy my taste for entertainment. GTAO is going downhill a bit imo. 

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I won't say it is the "end", as I still enjoy playing this game with friends, but yes, I'm not too keen on the latest batch of updates and do not particularly enjoy the current direction of the game as a whole.  When the game initially took liberties with the concept of realism by adding the beast, I thought: well, that isn't such a big deal, but now, I feel as though the game has moved to complete fantasy--something of a hybrid between *insert random war game* and Mad Max with a generous serving of other cliches.  It isn't the same game and the semi-realistic nature of GTA from the past was an essential element in regards to why I have always enjoyed and had high hopes for the series.

Well, I suppose you can't please us all, but I can easily go weeks without playing and not really think twice about it.  That's a stark contrast compared to the days when I literally couldn't wait to go home and load up the game.  With friends, anything can be enjoyable, but playing solo?  Nah, this game doesn't really do much for me anymore in that regard.  I had a go with the Adversary Mode last night as well; it can be quite fun with a larger group, but the suicide K/D ratio obsessed crowd have already invaded it.  I had one person purposely blow themselves up when I had them pinned in a corner.  :sigh:

I suppose I'm biased since I've never really enjoyed public free roam and am not interested in military themes, but it is what it is.  For me, it's kind of like a once really great TV series that just keeps going and going when it should have been voluntarily cancelled on a high note.  The great memories will remain, but I simply can't make myself enjoy the new direction nor can I expect that something will come along that will easily re-spark my interest.

I'm sort of just longing for a completely fresh start within a new location.  I really hope that happens; I'd honestly hate it if all of this carried over into the next instalment of the series.

• gtafan26, We Are Ninja, Rafae and 8 others like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 3 weeks ago

You are absolutely correct, and it's shown an amazing amount of growth in design and scope since then. Furthermore, for everyone crying "cockstar!" and "shark cards!" for the last 4 years, I can safely say I've never once needed to buy one, and while I've certainly glitched my fair share of cash here and there, none if was neccessary and I could've easily maintained both characters to the end without it, all teh while being given free updates with expansion and growth the whole time.

Sure, not all promises were fulfilled, and the whole thing fell down here and there but overall a 4 year old game continues to top sales charts (it's still full price after 4 years!) and provide incredible enjoyment for people.

But not me, and that's OK.

• Rafae likes this

MarczXD
  • MarczXD

Xbox One Player

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

For me this has been the best update of this year, i loved it and i have nothing to complain

Anyway, why did you said destiny is a crap game ? it might have been in the launch but today, its acclaimed by both critics and players, constant updates really have changed the game

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love the idea of a hangar to store your planes and pegasus vehicles. That really was a great idea, and some of the new planes are cool and have some great features. 

But aside from that, the pricing is ridiculous, and the grind to make money from this update is a joke and not worth doing. This game can only really be enjoyed by people who have a sh*t ton of glitched or modded money, for regular players who have to grind hard for money its just not fun anymore

• jerryinohio78, idonknowhow and Bermuda185 like this

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, the Oppressor basically was R* admitting, "were out of ideas, here, spend more time blowing each other up and grinding so you don't notice the huge drop in quality".

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Queen of Darkness

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

people who said yes, are probably still playing :p

• Rafae likes this

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

TBH I'll probably be playing GTAO until Rockstar unplugs their servers or I pass away.

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by nido997, 3 weeks ago.

while i m still interested in playing GTAO more , this DLC could officially mark the "downfall" of GTAO for me ....

I was just playing yesterday and it´s just hilarious how greedy R* is ... the mission ( especially in solo sessions - I found myself playing in a solo session for the last30 mn-) are rediculously difficult IMO of course ( I´m talking about the NPCs shooting you instantly dead , even worse than I/E ) and the payments are pure joke ... just try selling 1 crate (1 CRATE !!!!) , It´ll give you 3 of these new Helicopter - whatever they are beeing called- , and you have to bring ALL 3 to their destinations .... again 1 crate ....for 10k ....

plus the fact that it´s Crates 2.0 ...as if GR wasn´t enough ....

GR was a small disappointment for me , this is a big one though ... thank GOD some of the vehicles are really good ....

loool what a bull**** DLC ... seriously , I played 3 hours long to collect some crates ( which was a real pain in the a** since R* logic was coming to play there , like collecting a crate in the mountain with a Rustler plane !!!!???? W-T-F !!!! not forgetting to mention the soooooo OP NPCs ) , 3 hours to collect crates and sell them ..... for 70k total !!!!!! IS THIS EVEN FOR REAL R* ?????!!!

this IS the downfall of GTAO , i´m done with the update, i´m shutting down the business and i´m firing that crazy dude named Ron or whatever his name is .... well not exactly : I´ll still be getting crates till I get the discount for the Hunter (I think 42 source missions)  , then I m shutting down everything .... such a crappy DLC .... and the source missions aren´t even fun , it s a waaaay waaaay worse crates´ business update

this is a 0 DLC , well I´ll give it 2 , just because of some nice new vehicles ( Ultralight , Hunter and the 2 cars) , + owning a Hangar ....

georgewillie
  • georgewillie

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The thing that always appealed to me about GTA was some level of accountability and realism with the crime aspect of it.  GTA3 and Vice City were solid games.  

GTA5 and online are great, but at this point, parts of IE (who seriously sends 4 assault helicopters after a guy who steals a car?), all of gunrunning and smugglers run have absolutely no realism.  A fighter jet should be $45 million, not 3.  The oppressor should be $100 million.  The technology behind that would be super exclusive.  A super car should max out at 1 million after upgrades, no they're 3 million.

IE is still fun, and i like stealing cars and grinding cash to buy new cars.  I bought a bunker though not because i wanted to, but because i felt i had to.  How can i compete without an upgraded oppressor and explosive sniper?

This will be a fantastic case study in a great business model that got too greedy and out of hand.  Let griefers grief with a shotgun and a ferrari, not a homing missle oppressor.  This is no longer a crime game, it's a combat game, and if R* keeps this up with RDR2 and GTA6, they're going to be hurting long term.

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by zoso80, 3 weeks ago.

Dead wrong you are. What are you Shadowoperative with a vajayjay? I've spent 5 minutes in the game this last week. Confirmed what I thought this DLC was. Then summarily logged out.

I am ready to uninstall. The only reason I haven't is because if there is a dupe glitch, I'll often be the 'anchor' while a friend dupes.  I don't want to go through the reinstallation process incase someone needs help.

The game is dead to me. Rehashed content for people who want to think like lemmings and run around and do the same sh*t over and over and over and over and over, did I say over,  again.

Your troll powers are weak sister.

jacka
  • jacka

Reserved

• Members
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016
    Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Gunrunning was the end for me coupled with Rockstar's terrible handling of the PC version. I don't want to run crates for money, I want more missions. I certainly don't want to deal with skids. Or having to grind for ungodly hours just to buy the new stuff.

• Agent Piltdown likes this

Hannibal Barca
  • Hannibal Barca

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'll keep playing, because for me it's not about DLC content and quality, it's just about unwinding after a long day at work.

Yeah, I forked out over 5mill for the most expensive hanger at FZ, but it's just a new location for me. I tried the sale of $10k of tobacco and alcohol, got the old bomber as the delivery vehicle, and only made 2 of 5 deliveries before the engines gave out, but yet I still made the $10k less Ron's fee.

As a lone wolfer, there has been less for me in these DLC releases for quite some time.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

For me this DLC is the end of playing Smuggler's Run missions. Premature gameplay death unless the payouts get buffed. 

• SHOKKERZ91 likes this

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I voted "no" because Destiny 2 comes out next week.

i don't really care for the latest update.

flying against a clock is pretty boring. I'll stick with I/E & GR stuff until I head back to orbit.
  • gtajim likes this

Stackhat
  • Stackhat

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd hope so, seeing that the poll question is "Are you still interested in playing the game online?". 

Had to change my vote as I initially voted on the thread title. heh

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

z06z33
  • z06z33

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like it more now,Im a pilot IRL and never liked missions that didnt involve flying or mission that forced you to drive so for me this is perfect,my feet never have to touch the ground.

Stealthflight
  • Stealthflight

JERKIN IT WITH SQUIRRELS

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Stealthflight, 3 weeks ago.

Just found out that Tom Clancy The Division is having an incredible 1.8 update with new map expansion and new horde wave PVE and PVP game modes that's equivilant to a free DLC.

Im done with 13-22 year old griefers with their hydras and lemmings still attempting plane crate deliveries for 10k. I did three of them and I'm done. Spent over a million to make less than 20k., Both new copters fell on its side when I landed and I failed the mission. I'm consider myself a buzzard pro and the new stuff is junk.   I don't think Ill leave GLP permanently but definitely checking back in a few weeks to see how many bombers are still flying around

• jerryinohio78 likes this

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Queen of Darkness

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Dead wrong you are. What are you Shadowoperative with a vajayjay? I've spent 5 minutes in the game this last week. Confirmed what I thought this DLC was. Then summarily logged out.

I am ready to uninstall. The only reason I haven't is because if there is a dupe glitch, I'll often be the 'anchor' while a friend dupes.  I don't want to go through the reinstallation process incase someone needs help.

The game is dead to me. Rehashed content for people who want to think like lemmings and run around and do the same sh*t over and over and over and over and over, did I say over,  again.

So you're saying even if they come up with a kick ass DLC you won't return?

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

But I just got back in... for like the 3rd or 4th time.

I do agree that they seem to be in a bit of a DLC rutt. These businesses are fun but do seem very similar to each other.

But the race creator helps keep the game fresh for me so I'll probably keep coming back until gta6.

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by zoso80, 3 weeks ago.

This is the point you've been missing. I can't fathom in any way they come up with a kick ass DLC. This business model the game is operating under isn't about 'kick ass' content. 

The franchise isn't built around 'kick ass' content. It's built around giving you high priced stuff, recycled mechanics along with tremendous chances to get trolled and lose it all so the macrotransaction beast gets fed.

If they they change the business model and become content driven, sure I'll re-evaluate. For now, mindless expensive crap for people to kill each other with along with weak and redundant fetch and return mechanics that do nothing to advance the franchise nor draw me in, no - the game and likely franchise is dead.

It's been too compromised by the mactrotransaction business model. R* doesn't care about gameplay nor PVE content. Those are my two biggest draws. I leave the game with people happily getting their PEWPEWPEW on and being shirked by 4th rate content only designed to get you to spend precious GTA dollars.

It sucks for me because I've loved the franchise for years, but what it is today doesn't connect to me in any at all. Sad way to end. :(

Cheers. 

Spoiler
  • Coleco, R3CON and jacka like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users