Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this DLC the end of GTAO for you?

101 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this DLC the end of GTAO for you? (249 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still interested in playing the game Online?

1. Yes (78 votes [31.33%])

Percentage of vote: 31.33%

2. No (100 votes [40.16%])

Percentage of vote: 40.16%

3. Not Sure (45 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

4. I'm giving it one more DLC (26 votes [10.44%])

Percentage of vote: 10.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Chipmunk2307
  • Chipmunk2307

Just your avg guy...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:28 AM Edited by Chipmunk2307, 30 August 2017 - 11:30 AM.

Just wondering who thinks this DLC is the "straw that breaks the camels back"?

I've been playing for 3.5 years and have pretty much enjoyed it all.  Last two updates have sealed it for me:  No variety and no interesting aspects to the game anymore.

Was hoping to crack level 1,000 but I'm at 908.

They've turned GTAO into Destiny:  a crap game.

Goodbye GTA Online :/

• gtafan26, El-Gaddafii, Locrito1995 and 2 others like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

i'm not out of money yet. but these prices are using it fast and there's nothing i enjoy grinding unless it's double money.
  • gtafan26, Locrito1995 and GTAJJ like this

N R G

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

This is more of a racing game for me now.
  • Blasterman4EVER, Arrows to Athens, rlk232 and 1 other like this

jakswan
  • jakswan

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

Bit puzzled the game it was before the update is still there. The business is woeful and there are lots of bugs, this DLC seems rushed to me. 

I suspect RS are moving resources into RDR2 so dumped it on us.

This is the only game that has this level of mass appeal, arcade racers, FPS, RPG, they will come back to it.

• degas93, Smooth Longsack and Nossirag like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

Possibly. I mean I'll play it when my friends want to play it, I'll probably grind a little to get discounts on the new planes too but I can't see it bringing me back like Bikers did.

But the end? That depends on the future updates and friends. I still play, even if no update, if my friends and I fancy popping on for a few hours. It's not been the same 3+ hours every evening that it once was though, not for a long time.

I suspect RS are moving resources into RDR2 so dumped it on us.

Possibly, however I thought they were being made by two different studios and didn't think they did that, but I may be wrong.

My theory behind it being rushed (or feeling rushed) is, GR did well for TT/R* and helped them have their best quarter in Shark Card sales, the powers that be/money men wanted more and pushed out another expensive update hoping it may have the same effect.
  • degas93 and bulldog385 like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

I'm all Supercar and Tacticool'd out. Have been for ages. If there's more Gunrunning and Smuggler's Run style content on the way in 2018, count me out.

Hoping R* will surprise me, but after recent updates my expectations are not high.

• XJpostman, Commander S, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 6 others like this

J1M
  • J1M

APB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:16 PM Edited by J1M, 30 August 2017 - 12:20 PM.

This is more of a racing game for me now.

Driving is what this game does best IMO.

If only they offered manual transmission. :p

(MT would have increased my enjoyment in this game more than the last two DLCs)

• Rios44, varulven and Nossirag like this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

Srsly I think I wouldn't keep playing as much as I am without all these DLCs.

I know San Andreas is getting full of businesses and there is a warehouse every corner, but GTA O could be "dead" now if it was different.

• degas93 and bulldog385 like this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

I like the smugglers run DLC, so it probably extends the time I enjoy GTAO. 

I'm skilled with helicopters, but was never really into flying planes. Like to increase my skills in that.

It's fun to try out and master the different new air vehicles

• CaliMeatWagon, idonknowhow and AUScowboy like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

Same sh*t to me, I just have new stuff to be a nuisance with. I'm loving taking on the jet guys in my new Molotov though. Comrade Molio FTW!

JakeSmooth
  • JakeSmooth

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

I love flying planes; it's always been one of my favorite parts of GTA. And it's about time we got another plane update. But this update is just food for griefers. Before this update, getting in a plane was risky taboo as there'd always be some guy hogging the sky in his Hydra, shooting anyone who dares take their feet off the ground. And now I've gotta get off the ground using variety of unique plane radar icons while also having all other players informed of when I'm carrying cargo. I might as well use a cargobob to carry a massive neon sign that reads "kill me" around the map.

I'm glad we've got flares to stop incoming missles. They're a great feature. But the Hydras rapid fire explosive rounds (beam of death) is just unavoidable on the ground and in the air. perhaps if R* had just removed explosive rounds then this update would have been perfect. Make it so that players actually have to aim with regular bullets rather than randomly spread some explosive rounds for some cheap kills.

Also, I've heard the Lazer is gonna be purchasable soon. If you thought hydra griefers were annoying then prepare yourselves.

• BlanketmanNOR likes this

UndyingBubbles
  • UndyingBubbles

f*ckOFFYOUc*nt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

Yep, saidit many times but this time I mean it - I am done with it

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

Nah. As with all the previous GTA's I've played, I play until there is a new one.

There's still a ton of fun things to do and buy. I don't need it all right now. I play. I earn. I buy.
  • We Are Ninja, CaliMeatWagon, HaRdSTyLe_83 and 5 others like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:44 PM Edited by nido997, 30 August 2017 - 01:46 PM.

while i m still interested in playing GTAO more , this DLC could officially mark the "downfall" of GTAO for me ....

I was just playing yesterday and it´s just hilarious how greedy R* is ... the mission ( especially in solo sessions - I found myself playing in a solo session for the last30 mn-) are rediculously difficult IMO of course ( I´m talking about the NPCs shooting you instantly dead , even worse than I/E ) and the payments are pure joke ... just try selling 1 crate (1 CRATE !!!!) , It´ll give you 3 of these new Helicopter - whatever they are beeing called- , and you have to bring ALL 3 to their destinations .... again 1 crate ....for 10k ....

plus the fact that it´s Crates 2.0 ...as if GR wasn´t enough ....

GR was a small disappointment for me , this is a big one though ... thank GOD some of the vehicles are really good ....

• rlk232 likes this

BlanketmanNOR
  • BlanketmanNOR

Snitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

New toys. Fun for a few days.

I'll still play it. Jump into a car and go for a drive. Listen to radio. Stalk in passive. Camp and snipe. Run with crew.
  • TheHolyNZF likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:551__K/D:18.29 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

Nope i think it was the hipster dlc that i wasn't that keen on and i just waited till the next dlc, il be doing the same with this one. Probably going to make the hanger cash back then go back to GR unless something special is added in the near future 

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

I'll still play it. Jump into a car and go for a drive. Listen to radio. Stalk in passive. Camp and snipe. Run with crew.

When hovering about in my Chrydra 🤗 in passive mode, people become highly angst and start acting uber paranoid and defensive. 🤣
  • BlanketmanNOR likes this

Tazzytizer
  • Tazzytizer

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

Loved GR. That brought me back after a few month hiatus. I'm still mucking around with bunkers, research and biker businesses a few hours a week while I earn with some mates. Really looking forward to starting an air freight business with the squad.

Imo I think people are suffering from a combination of overhype and burnout due to the rapid updates.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Gunrunning was my end.

Not that it was bad, I actually liked the new gameplay.

Not because it was expensive, although the research and MOC requirements were over the top.

Not even because it wasn't my style, although it's not at all; not everyone enjoys everything.

It was actually the Oppressor. It was a logical step in where we've been going. For the last year, almost every car came with armour on it. Things were getting sillier and sillier, the Shotaro, Ruiner 2K and then the Oppressor... It was obvious it was going to be everywhere, being overpowered, grief-ready, and frankly stupidly out of place. As someone who had no interest in all teh armoured cars, the silly movie/TV inspired cars, and generally just sorta enjoyed bopping around town it was the final straw.

It's not fun, anymore. It's not even able to hide behind a facade of "realism" (for what it's worth), it's just a mess. Vehicles have to have a gimmick. Races are stunt-or-nothing. Matchmaking fails. Lobbies fail. It's just a big kludged together mess.

I did GR for about a week before I realized it wasn't fun.

I didn't even bother with SR.

It's over. I can't complain too much, I had an unprecedented nearly 4 year run of the same game almost daily. That's amazing, but all things must close.

• Cutter De Blanc, gtafan26, We Are Ninja and 12 others like this

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

I said it two years ago and caught hell on here for even mentioning it but what this game needs (needed) is PAID DLC. If Rockstar focused on the fun and game mechanics and less on finding ways to make the player give them money, this game would be epic. They need to grow a set of balls and just make us pay for new content. This would put an end to rearranging game mechanics to force the grind.

The games that I play that offer paid DLC don't concentrate on crippling my ability to level up or make cash. Not only that, some of my favorite games have gotten single player story DLC and map expansions within a year...not one ounce of that with GTA.

I always bring it up and I will again right here. Forza Horizon 3, in about a year, has had two amazing map expansions and several paid car packs that I've happily paid for. Each expansion provides weeks (not hours) of replay value and prompts me to explore new environments and use cars in whole new ways. What's even better is I've never purchased the car packs and yet I have most of the DLC cars. Between the player auctions and weekly rewards, I've acquired much of that paid content for free. Not only that, but every time I level up I can either win a new car or cash. There are even ways for me to use points earned for crazy driving to unlock modifiers to increase the amount of money I make for winning or to heavily discount upgrades the next time I upgrade a car. I can save literally hundreds of thousands of dollars just in free upgrades alone. Does Forza stop me? Hell no, they encourage.

Imagine a GTA world where Heists paid out millions, we got new maps every 6 months and instead of fighting us Rockstar encouraged us to make mega millions. Imagine a GTA where you could steal your cars, all of them, any of them, and add them to your collection. Imagine being able to steal another player's car and make it your own because money is easy to come by and replacing it wouldn't be a f*cking grind fest nightmare...

...but alas, we get "free" content and a heavy hand that dictates how we should play and the money we make. So am I done after this update? Eh, maybe. One thing is for sure, I'll be having a go at a few races in Forza Horizon 3 later tonight, can't say the same for GTA.
  • gtajim, Cutter De Blanc, gtafan26 and 7 others like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

I don't know.  Gunrunning was a lot closer to me being done with this game than Smugglers Run has been, but I've only been playing for a couple hours.

So far, I'm having a lot more fun with the missions since they are air based.  Surprisingly enough, that slight bit of variety was enough to satisfy me, which is really telling to just how f*cking repetitive GTA Online has been since Finance and Felony to me.

That being said, none of the new vehicles impress me at all.  I've hard far better luck using my Buzzard or Hydra than I have been with any of the bombers or fighters they've given me so far.  Right now the only thing I am really looking forward to is the Hunter, and I'm sure it will basically just be what the Savage was now that the Savage has a one explosion buff.

• rlk232 and BlanketmanNOR like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:12 PM Edited by D T, 30 August 2017 - 02:12 PM.

All of us will be running back when the jetpack is introduced in the final update.
  • Crimie and BlanketmanNOR like this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:22 PM Edited by derek0514, 30 August 2017 - 02:45 PM.

I am done w the pvp if can't find optimal sessions as far as running businrss. Last nite bought LSIA 1 hanger and the single prop plane for $1.5 m put bombs cannon on it . Bought workshop and accommodation (so can spawn in it). It's near my Greenwich garage and Airpirt AE warehouse complex. The other new aircraft way too expensive. Moved a couple of my other aircraft into hanger. Killed a guy from neighboring hanger (new sport)and sniped idle player from bunker w explosive rounds killing 7 times. Was going to then go after him with bati mug / kill a lot but he woke up lol. Some of them mugged for as much $100 k lots kills.

I believe will just do invite only or hunt / grief stuff in public sessions. I done w trying operate biz in pvp and only biz I thought anything of was AE. They have made it difficult to get optimal public sessions. If can still get these w crew friends will do GR and AE. This new one w plane seems like crate biz which I hate. Makes nice plane hanger though.

Will mainly just run fav off playlist in invite only / shoot down me some planes in public sessions / hunt and mug players. PP from yacht good monemaker from yacht too if low pop sessions w no tryhards.

I certainly don't want anything like the 9.4 k fixed cost GR has.

I am disappointed RS not offering passive businesses like those Michael has in GTA, stock market, or some new swanky properties in Blaine county like nice beach house w 10 car garage in PB.. It has just been cars, war toys, ultra expensive clothing. When monitor mik traffic seems mostly 12 yo or even 8 yr old kids.

I think will join LSPD become a cop enforcing law disrupting this rash illegal activity in the state. PVP here I come.
  • Sandruey Hedy likes this

SuperHolySheep
  • SuperHolySheep

Dead End Friends

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

When hovering about in my Chrydra in passive mode, people become highly angst and start acting uber paranoid and defensive.

Sounds like a STD.

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Gunrunning was the end for me, I still check the site now and again out of morbid curiosity. I only played since launch day

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Do you guys now realize they're screwed w/o the Benz? They'd beg and he'd come up with something good, thus this Dlx sucks. I'm done being hardcore, just a casual mission player who fools with his cars. This was a huge eff you to all the veteran, honest players. Will probably cut my play time like 75%.

gtajim
  • gtajim

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Yeh I'm done. Rockstar and taketwo are total sellouts. GTA used to be my favourite game but they've completely ruined the game. First they make the new content only available in online which isn't right. Then they make all new content business' etc. In public lobbies only because it makes them more money. Total pisstake and has made me think twice about buying any GTA game in the future which I thought I would never say. As the person said a few posts up just charge for dlc most people would gladly pay for fun content. But no they have a strategy to use micro transactions/sharkcards and don't care what happens to their loyal GTA fans. GTA should be fun and about being able to immerse yourself in a game whilst enjoying it. It should not be a forced public lobby game full of griefers who are encouraged to ruin everyone else's game. f*ck rockstar the f*ckin sell out, greedy bastards
  • Cutter De Blanc, gtafan26 and rlk232 like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

I'll continue playing, the only difference is my small Aircraft fleet will turn into a private Air Force once the drip feed is complete... Bout god damn time we got some new planes & I love the fact I'm finally finally able to ditch the red accents from my Nimbus... That alone makes the dlc worth it for me & I'm enjoying the supply missions.

Ker Juice
  • Ker Juice

Rated R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Where is the "hell no" option on the poll?

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

All of us will be running back when the jetpack is introduced in the final update.

Absolutely won't. I always figured that'd be the ultimate death knell of GTAO; the final stop of stupidity where teh lobbies would be filled with 30 assholes jetpacking around but it turns out there were able to do it much quicker with a parachute missile car and a gliding missle motorcycle.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan, El-Gaddafii and Locrito1995 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users