Quantcast

» «
Photo

the explosive sniper rifle is mandatory now.

16 replies to this topic
The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:23 AM Edited by The Sole Survivor, 30 August 2017 - 11:25 AM.

i used to leave it on normal ammo but homers are useless now. planes just laugh at them and the rogue is very effective in pvp (im still sh*t at bombing but i have seen people who've figured it out and they're scary) even then it has cannons.

other than that rifle what are you doing against planes? i assume the half track is very useful now?

and also has anyone used gas bombs?

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hmm....Anyone tried the AA trailer with SAM missiles?

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

I agree to be honest. For one particular reason. Today I had someone in a Hydra shoot me down after collecting supplies in an ultra slow aircraft.

However, upon respawning I took him out with the explosive rounds. Collected my supplies and headed back to my hangar.

So yeah, explosive rounds in some cases are quite necessary.
  • Gaffa™, askinnywhitedildo, Dream-_-Traveler and 1 other like this

BlanketmanNOR
  • BlanketmanNOR

Snitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

I took my pink Hydra for a trip. Got show down. Ended up near the hangars. Whipped out my heavy sniper and explosive ammo. 40 rounds later my k/d had improved.

If in hangar check map outside before exit.

Yesterday me and a friend started a steal mission. Total war outside hangar. Total war. The end is here!

Ker Juice
  • Ker Juice

Rated R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

I took my pink Hydra for a trip. Got show down. Ended up near the hangars. Whipped out my heavy sniper and explosive ammo. 40 rounds later my k/d had improved.

Yesterday me and a friend started a steal mission. Total war outside hangar. Total war. The end is here!

Fort Zancudo?

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

Pro tip: don't paint your Hydra a color that is so easy to spot, and it will be a little harder to spot and shoot down - pink kind of stands out. That's why the real military paints their planes gray, you know.

NightShark
  • NightShark

Play Smarter Not Harder

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

Pro tip: don't paint your Hydra a color that is so easy to spot, and it will be a little harder to spot and shoot down - pink kind of stands out. That's why the real military paints their planes gray, you know.

Actually, there were pink military vehicles in the second world war
pink_spitfire.jpg

sas_pink_truck.jpg

The idea was first pioneered in the Royal Navy by Lord Mountbatten, who noticed early in the war that one civilian ship in his convoy, still painted a grayish pink color, did not stick out like all the rest.  The simple science is that pink absorbs light, thus making it better in many conditions than colors like black (which actually make you stand out more in low light conditions).  It proved so effective that he ordered all the ships under his command to follow his newly-developed paint scheme.  This insight was used throughout the war and even into the Gulf War, where modern British fighters and tankers maintained the light pink paint scheme.

• Gaffa™, Locrito1995, flexcreator and 3 others like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Oppressor was practically designed as a defense mechanism for this update.

You need an Oppressor with rockets in order to survive this latest update.

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:29 PM Edited by DarkFlame588, 30 August 2017 - 07:30 PM.

And here I am about 3/4ths of the way through gunnrunning research and still have neither Oppressor Rockets nor Explosive ammo.

AA trailer SAM is really nice, though. Can't take explosives but if you have a friend in passive mode driving you around, you will die but the trailer will not take damage and you can still fire it.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:36 PM Edited by Wildfire_08, 30 August 2017 - 07:38 PM.

AA trailer with the explosive cannon is what you want, Missiles are useless on everything.

Explosive sniper is good and deals with 99% of the fake ass jet pilots in the game, but the 1%ers out there still know how to get around it and keep the pressure up.

I wish people would stop spreading horsesh*t about he Oppressor... It is literally trash af against good Jet pilots... and poses absolutely no threat to anyone skilled in a jet, at all. 

At most it is an annoying little fly easily squashed., 

• AH-6_BirdTurd likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

I'm a pathetic sniper, so it's been necessary for me since I unlocked the ammo. It's the only way I can one-hit kill BP-helmeted, BST huffing, marksman dancing suicide queens. :/
  • gnomefromnome, Red Lynx 23, o_Marvelous and 3 others like this

o_Marvelous
  • o_Marvelous

Cooler than you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

I'm a pathetic sniper, so it's been necessary for me since I unlocked the ammo. It's the only way I can one-hit kill BP-helmeted, BST huffing, marksman dancing suicide queens. :/

You forgot invisible limbs having.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

lol you might have been in my session. my crew and i were fighting a rival crew in fort zancudo. it was ww3. they had jets tanks and all sorts of stuff. even some randoms came and joined in. it was crazy.

DarknessInferno
  • DarknessInferno

Defence Master

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

I have, but not against flares. IMO it's the most effective AA we have in the game right now. Go off the radar and just unload, it's only a matter of time until they go down. You can dodge 1 or 2 missiles, but not 30.

Nano the Ninja
  • Nano the Ninja

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Yep. So is keeping the regular sniper and marksman in your wheel as backup for when your ES gets empty.

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Yep. So is keeping the regular sniper and marksman in your wheel as backup for when your ES gets empty.

atleast the regular sniper rifle has a use now

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Wish you could toggle the heavy sniper between the explosive and normal rounds somehow without going to the moc.
  • GTAJJ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users