120 replies to this topic
xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

The Hunter has terrible handling, no real need for it

Having tried it in the supply mission I have to agree. It handles far, far worse than the Buzzard. It just feels really spongy and not really responsive.

fully upgraded its waaaay better

mXzFZUL.gif

What color is the Hunter there? Original, black or green?

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

The Hunter has terrible handling, no real need for it

Having tried it in the supply mission I have to agree. It handles far, far worse than the Buzzard. It just feels really spongy and not really responsive.

fully upgraded its waaaay better
Spoiler

What color is the Hunter there? Original, black or green?

Sadly, no idea. Dark gray I think

NdOL8A9.gif

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

Ultralight is the only definite choice. I'll have to wait and see if the Hunter's armor is as good as the mission Hunter's first. INB4 it goes down in two explosives instead of 12..... please take a lot of hits!

The Ultralight's offradar ability is fantastic. Especially for how cheap the thing is. They really need to implant that ability in more vehicles, it'll be easier sneaking up on griefers cause unlike Off Radar and Ghosting the game doesn't sell you out for doing so.

Im missing something,  can someone enlighten me on the OTR ability of the Ultraligth and or how to activate it

Fatsanchez
  • Fatsanchez

Snitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Ultralight is the only definite choice. I'll have to wait and see if the Hunter's armor is as good as the mission Hunter's first. INB4 it goes down in two explosives instead of 12..... please take a lot of hits!

The Ultralight's offradar ability is fantastic. Especially for how cheap the thing is. They really need to implant that ability in more vehicles, it'll be easier sneaking up on griefers cause unlike Off Radar and Ghosting the game doesn't sell you out for doing so.

Im missing something,  can someone enlighten me on the OTR ability of the Ultraligth and or how to activate it

I think you have to buy some upgrade and then when you glide it (not accelerate, just let it fly) it will go off the radar. I havent bought it tough

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

I think you have to buy some upgrade and then when you glide it (not accelerate, just let it fly) it will go off the radar. I havent bought it tough

I bought it, but no upgrades yet

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

The Ultralight is off radar when gliding (engine shut off entirely) by default, the Muffled Prop upgrade allows you to leave the engine running in its neutral setting (on, but without pressing the accelerate button) and still remain OTR. 

It can maintain a glide for a very, very long time but the prop upgrade is worth it for the boost it gives to speed and climbing ability while remaining totally hidden.

• gtafan26 and ShadowlessDevil like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:53 AM

The Ultralight is off radar when gliding (engine shut off entirely) by default, the Muffled Prop upgrade allows you to leave the engine running in its neutral setting (on, but without pressing the accelerate button) and still remain OTR. 

It can maintain a glide for a very, very long time but the prop upgrade is worth it for the boost it gives to speed and climbing ability while remaining totally hidden.

Thank you for the info

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

The Hunter of course. Countermeasures alone give it an edge other helicopters don't have. Then you've got its increased resistance against explosive snipers, access to bombs, barrage, etc.

• The-Irish-Hunter and Asian_Apache like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Like all items in this game, the ones that are worth buying are the ones you like and can afford.

I don't like any of the new aircraft enough to justify spending several million dollars on them, so I haven't bought any. Besides, I already own the Buzzard, Savage and Hydra as well as some pointless aircraft beyond those from before the update.

Hyperlith
  • Hyperlith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:52 AM

Of all the planes I've flown, I think the Nokota has been the most impressive.
The Tula has a lot of utility and options, I enjoy the sourcing mission when you go offshore (bombing, diving, JATO-ing away).
The Molotok is fun, but slower and less maneuverable than I'd like.
The Starling is neato for the gliding and bombing, but my luck was getting shot down before I got any confirmed kills :/

WannaDJ
  • WannaDJ

YouTuber ▶️

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

The Buzzard should be the very first thing you buy, if you're a CEO you can request it anytime next to you!

• gtafan26 and Happy Hunter like this

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Smiling is the way to solve many problems.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

I have my Molotok fully upgraded.  Waiting for the Hunter! :)

• gtafan26, Rafae and Happy Hunter like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

I have my Molotok fully upgraded.  Waiting for the Hunter! :)

Molotok is a BEAST
  • gtafan26, Happy Hunter and ShadowlessDevil like this

HeatproofLemur
  • HeatproofLemur

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

The Ultralight.

It's such fun

Try bailing from it, and watch it float down to the ground in circles like a paper-plane. Fun!

Try making a sharp turn in it then you'll know what fun is, on a side note I've really grown to like the havok I just bought, it's really fast and great for billing across the map with, although it really could do with a missile upgrade but I suppose then it would knock the buzzard from it's perch (Haha bird related joke) ive heard the minigun upgrade is useless so i saved my momey and bought the engine upgrade and smooth handling, it flies like a dream, plus if a hostile hydra pilot wants to try and get me, I can duck right down into some really obscure places because thus thing is tiny, plus flares because let's face it there essential to surviving longer than 5 minutes now.

HeatproofLemur
  • HeatproofLemur

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:44 AM Edited by HeatproofLemur, 25 October 2017 - 12:46 AM.

The Hunter of course. Countermeasures alone give it an edge other helicopters don't have. Then you've got its increased resistance against explosive snipers, access to bombs, barrage, etc.

Has it been confirmed that the hunter will have armour upgrades available? Because let's face it, that actually make someone think twice about having a sneaky pop at you from the ground with a heatseeker, especially if the Hunter is double crewed, my god it'll be like battlefield 3 and 4 where the attack helicopters were terrifying in capable hands, I know its totally unrelated but I don't get why there isn't a secondary gunner seat for the rhino, took me 4 years to finally get one and I had It out today thinking I could get a friend on the .50, but nope, then after running 3 cars over i blew up, it's a TANK!

Don't get this game sometimes

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Has it been confirmed that the hunter will have armour upgrades available? 

Yes. 

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:20 PM Edited by PwnageSoldier, 25 October 2017 - 05:21 PM.

If you are on a budget, and got a hangar, this should be your priority list:

1) Buzzard AC
2) Hydra
3) Savage
4) Rogue or Cuban 800
5) any other aircraft

Its simply because Hydra has the Tulas VTOL, everyone owns a Dodo, you have a Cuban 800 by default that can have bombs fitted on it, and if that doesnt satisfy you the Rogue will do the job a lot better. As soon as the Hunter comes out however, I recommend replacing the Savage with the Hunter.

JoeDaSnow
  • JoeDaSnow

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Buzzard and Hydra are amongst the most reliable vehicles in the game in terms of combat and manuverability.

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

The flying tank. :)

• Happy Hunter and Hécate-II like this

Zaniness
  • Zaniness

Under-monetized Freeloader

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

Classic aircraft?

Buzzard

Hydra

Savage

SR aircraft?

None.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are fun vehicles. Whether you want to wreck stuff with Molotok or Starling or to just fly around comfortably in a Howard. But none of them do anything that the aforementioned won't and they often do way less. And the price tag on most of those is terrible. Don't even bother without taking advantage of both the mission and weekly discounts.

Even the Hunter. The price tag is ridiculous (base aircraft + all the upgrades that actually make it useful), the barrage missiles are plain bad and you need a co-pilot to use the most useful weapon. Also, the engine sound makes my ears bleed after 30 seconds.

tl;dr You might want them, you definitely don't need them.

• Bruce Khansey likes this

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

Buzzard and Hydra.

SR aircrafts are worth only if you love planes and have a lot of money.

• Zaniness likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

I've bought zero new aircrafts, tested some of them here and here, but I'm not really into fixed-wing things. 

@Zaniness

NO. Aircrafts are underpriced in GTA, since day one with Buzzard/Hydra/Savage. And there is a common pattern to R* approach when it comes to aircrafts: unrealism. 

-Extreme avaibility(price and ability to request them ad infinitum)

-No comparison possible with their real-life counterparts technically speaking, the Hunter is the real exception, R* made some efforts for that one. 

Its consistent in some way: crappy price, crappy stats, extreme avaibility

The problem I see is that peoples want everything, and that is everything must be easy to handle. Dilettantism. When you get an aircraft, even in GTA, you have to spend time on it, not 15 min a day doing a mere mission. 

Unless you got a mod menu and spawned the Hunter and fled it for hundred hours since SR release, I think you're just plain ignorant and don't measure how much that new helo is good in comparison of what we got by the past, on every plan. 

Zaniness
  • Zaniness

Under-monetized Freeloader

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

NO. Aircrafts are underpriced in GTA, since day one with Buzzard/Hydra/Savage. And there is a common pattern to R* approach when it comes to aircrafts: unrealism. 

-Extreme avaibility(price and ability to request them ad infinitum)

-No comparison possible with their real-life counterparts technically speaking, the Hunter is the real exception, R* made some efforts for that one. 

Its consistent in some way: crappy price, crappy stats, extreme avaibility

The problem I see is that peoples want everything, and that is everything must be easy to handle. Dilettantism. When you get an aircraft, even in GTA, you have to spend time on it, not 15 min a day doing a mere mission. 

Unless you got a mod menu and spawned the Hunter and fled it for hundred hours since SR release, I think you're just plain ignorant and don't measure how much that new helo is good in comparison of what we got by the past, on every plan. 

I'm not exactly sure what you are on about. What, you wanted to pay tens of millions for a one-time-use military jet?

And the Hunter doesn't have problems with handling. It might have struggles with pitching, but I'm sure the handling upgrades make up for it. I'm talking about utility.

To pimp out your Hunter you'll probably start reaching 4 mil $. Not even mentioning that it requries also spending money on very pricey hangar AND a mod shop.

Savage costs 2 mln $. Hydra is 3 mln $ and it's a jet with VTOL. Both of them come fitted with everything they have to offer.

The Hunter only gets Valkyrie-esque cannon that can only be manned by a second player. Absolutely no comparison to an explosive cannon that has about ten billion RPM. Bombs are laughable. The barrage is terrible against everything that isn't an enemy aircraft because of the pathetic explosion radius and it's also tricky to use. All the while you can just point a dot in your Savage and obliterate everything in a blink of an eye. In PvE, solo, other choppers are still a threat. While the vehicle might take a lot of shots, if you miss your barrage and wait for the cooldown to pass, the terminator AI has no problem with sniping you out of your cockpit, so even more annoying manouvers required.

In the age of explosive snipers and other stuff the Hydra and Savage are easy to take down, sure. So the Hunter gets a lot of survivability with both armor and countermeasures. But those matter ONLY in PvP. That part of the game that gets you nowhere and is a money sink. Even then, it will be tricky to hunt anyone when you are solo, because, as stated, the barrage is bad and we all probably know how good standard homing missiles are against fast moving targets.

Let's talk prices again. Compared to Savage you are paying almost double. It's 2 million GTA$. According to the famous 'lone wolf guide' you can make 300k an hour. So extra 6-7 hours of excruciating grind. Because that guide is a nice way to get you to want to kill yourself while playing a video game. Boring, unispired, repetitive grind. It will take a lot longer if you earn money while actually semi-enjoying yourself.

So, it's a choice between a cheaper aircrafts that are fine with only one player in them, which are also vastly superior in PvE (that stuff that actually generates money) or a very expensive griefing tool that requires two players to be truly reckoned with.

Stop overselling the Hunter as the best thing ever. It is not. It will be a fun toy to play around with for rich players, sure, but for your Joe Average it's absolutely not worth it. Get an Oppressor. A Vigilante. A Tampa. APC. A more funky plane. Something truly original. But another, samey helicopter that does more or less the same stuff, only in a different way? Nah.

But hey, what do I know. According to you I haven't spent literal 3 days straight in a single vehicle, so I don't have a say in the matter.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:55 PM Edited by Hécate-II, 03 November 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Stop overselling the Hunter as the best thing ever. It is not. It will be a fun toy to play around with for rich players, sure, but for your Joe Average it's absolutely not worth it. Get an Oppressor. A Vigilante. A Tampa. APC. A more funky plane. Something truly original. But another, samey helicopter that does more or less the same stuff, only in a different way? 

Basically it was a thread about aircrafts, not about meme vehicles. I won't argue that Buzzard/Savage are useless, but concretly none of those helicos will receive improvements like countermeasures. The Savage's canon range is still bad, I'm not even sure about what R* tried to do with that: it looks like a turret, but doesn't rotate.

Regarding the Hunter, it requires two persons, well, its how tend to work most attack helicopters equiped with a turret. I don't blame R* when they perform efforts to make a vehicle more realistic, but its my opinion. 

About money, the items you find "original" are locked behind a huge research paywall+MOC+ this and that. Obviously if a new solo player just want something good, he should  buy a Buzzard to start with, and stick to it. But what would be the point of this thread? 

• Forza Harrd and SHOKKERZ91 like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:18 AM

The Hunter only gets Valkyrie-esque cannon that can only be manned by a second player. Absolutely no comparison to an explosive cannon that has about ten billion RPM. Bombs are laughable. The barrage is terrible against everything that isn't an enemy aircraft because of the pathetic explosion radius and it's also tricky to use. All the while you can just point a dot in your Savage and obliterate everything in a blink of an eye. In PvE, solo, other choppers are still a threat. While the vehicle might take a lot of shots, if you miss your barrage and wait for the cooldown to pass, the terminator AI has no problem with sniping you out of your cockpit, so even more annoying manouvers required.

In the age of explosive snipers and other stuff the Hydra and Savage are easy to take down, sure. So the Hunter gets a lot of survivability with both armor and countermeasures. But those matter ONLY in PvP. That part of the game that gets you nowhere and is a money sink. Even then, it will be tricky to hunt anyone when you are solo, because, as stated, the barrage is bad and we all probably know how good standard homing missiles are against fast moving targets.

A lot of people consider the Valkyrie's cannon to be superior to that of the Savage. It can not only be aimed properly, but has a much better range. It's a little weaker, but still able to destroy most stuff pretty quickly. The version the Hunter gets has enhancements over it too. It has a range of 250m (just 50m less than a homing launcher lock on, and more than double the Savage's 120m).

The barrage rockets aren't that bad. They have a radius of 3m compared to the standard missile's 5m. but then, it spits out 7 of them in less than a second - how much they cover added together, that's got to be a decent amount.

I'm not saying I never miss with it - far from it. But then, who expected to never miss? They have a decent range too, which is a bonus over the Savage's cannon (with that you basically have to run up and give the enemy a kiss before it'll reach them).

You do also have standard missiles too. Added with the countermeasures and armour, it's definitely a good helicopter for PvP in my opinion - a contender for the best.

I think you're coming at it from more of a PvE perspective. In which case, yeah - you don't really need anything more than a Buzzard for that.

I am just a Hunter helicopter though, representing the glorious master in His absence.

• Forza Harrd, Hécate-II, SHOKKERZ91 and 1 other like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:30 AM

That´s true, high range give you more time to react to a certain situation. Get into cover, pop a chaff and going in for the kill. Plus the countermeasures and a good gunner, this thing will be a big pain in the ass for the guys at the deciving end. As much as i love my Savage, i cannot deny the fact, that the Hunter will be a great toy of explosive destruction.

• Forza Harrd, Happy Hunter and Hécate-II like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:08 PM Edited by jpm1, 05 November 2017 - 04:09 PM.

tula: polyvalent

havok: can land almost anywhere useful for fast bagging missions

volatus: fast

savage: must have

buzzard: must have

cargobob: can lift gta cars and bunker missions vans (not apc)

alpha z1: very fast

duster: good for aerobatics

dodo: bit slow, but fun

ultra light: fun

swift: fun

supervolito: good speed and small

mogul: fun

nimbus: bit slow (for a jet) but nice design

cuban: fantastic 1st person view

howard: garbage

seebreeze: not realistic design

mallard: garbage. unlandable

hydra only for griefers/pvp stuff. slow landing

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

I have everything, I only really use Hydra, Savage, Starling and Buzzard, in that order Also free Lazers but that's not a purchase question yet).

Hydra still gets respect in a busy lobby. I was messing around in passive and saw a player moving crates, so for a flying challenge I dropped down to streetlight level in hover mode and tried to follow him. It was surprisingly easy. I know it made him nervous but when someone started to follow him I turned around and jumped out of passive. The wouldbe griefer changed his mind and my boy delivered his crate with no shots fired.

• jpm1 likes this

Asian_Apache
  • Asian_Apache

a= cyka p= blyat a= hunter c= h= e= Privyet, AKULA BLYAT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

howard: garbage

seebreeze: not realistic design

"Not realistic" seabreeze

Based on a real aircraft that looks exactly the same

https://en.wikipedia...ational_Seawind

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

well you're right. but it seems the final version has been improved, and the wings floaters size increased. when i first tried this plane it seemed it had no wings floaters at all. and thus it looked very improbable for an amphibian plane design. i may also have not watched correctly, i don't deny

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users