Which airplanes/helicopters are worth buying

120 replies to this topic
askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

I've got the Alpha, Ultralight, Havok, Rogue, and Molotok.

Don't waste your money on the Alpha, because I'm probably going to end up selling mine. I like the Molotok, but it's not as good as a jet, and chances are I sell it too. The Rogue has its problems, and it's hard as hell to get a kill with, but I'm getting better. I mainly just like it because it's a 2 seater and I can hand the bombs and flares to the co-pilot. The Ultralight is ok for its price I guess, and I'll probably keep it. The Havok can't land for sh*t and I'm debating on selling it too. 

I wondering about the Tula too. And there's still others in the dripfeed I want too. The Hunter will be the prize of the DLC though. 

• hei3enberg and Nossirag like this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Rogue. For the trade price of 1.2m, you get a fast, agile 2-seat aircraft with the option for guns, 20mm Explosive rounds, Homing Missiles and your selection of free-fall ordinance (bombs/cluster bombs/gas bombs/incendiary bombs), plus countermeasures.

It's not OP, which is great for it. Still gets ruined by the Hydra, but the Hydra's 5m and it's OP as f*ck for that price.

• hei3enberg and ryannata like this

SovereignLegacy
  • SovereignLegacy

Lord of the Fallen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

Rogue. For the trade price of 1.2m, you get a fast, agile 2-seat aircraft with the option for guns, 20mm Explosive rounds, Homing Missiles and your selection of free-fall ordinance (bombs/cluster bombs/gas bombs/incendiary bombs), plus countermeasures.

It's not OP, which is great for it. Still gets ruined by the Hydra, but the Hydra's 5m and it's OP as f*ck for that price.

Actually the hydra is 3 mil
  • hei3enberg, ash-274 and ryannata like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Actually the hydra is 3 mil

I'd also be willing to bet that once people adjust to the sheer quickness of the new jets and their aim, it'll handily outdogfight the Hydra.

The Hydra is trash, the laser is the true king of FM, but right now its gonna be interesting to see how the new rogue  fairs against it.. all the other new planes are garbage for dogfighting with the laser. 

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

The Molotok and Rogue I have had fun in, but all of these come balanced, and you have to enjoy flying.

What do you mean with 'balanced'?
The Molotok handles like a Lazer, but can only have nornal 7.62 machine guns. It's a great plane if you're looking for a Lazer analog with flares for a personal vehicle if you don't want to blow 6.5m when the Lazer is released.

The Tula for utility's sake. It has an insane jet boost, VTOL capabilities, can land on water, is armed, can have chaff/flares, and has turrets & bomb bay.

the tula has flares? how?
No flares are available for pilot, only co-pilot. And boost is only working on the ground/ water, turret is rear-facing and pretty weak. 

Rogue is the only all-around plane with explosive MGs, which are as inaccurate as slow. This thing is a beast in dofgighting lazers/ hydras, but it's a joke against ground targets. 

Bombing is a joke.

Does the Rogue have the ability for carpet bombing?

Surprisingly the Havok is useful to me.

When do you use it?

I can figure using it for non-combat fast transport when playing solo, f.i. I/E.
I think I get this one when it's on sale, normal price is a bit steep for it's use imo.
Yes, the Rouge has a bomb bay, and can carpet bomb.
  • ryannata likes this

JAKEBAB
  • JAKEBAB

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

As much as I want the Tula, I think I'm gonna wait for the Bombushka and buy that instead... cheaper and all around more awe inspiring IMO.

The Bombushka is more expensive than the Tula....

• hei3enberg likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:00 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 30 August 2017 - 09:14 PM.

The Molotok and Rogue I have had fun in, but all of these come balanced, and you have to enjoy flying.

What do you mean with 'balanced'?
i agree
it's cannons don't just obliterate entire streets, their fire rate means you need to focus fire and know where you're aiming
bombing requires skill too unlike hydra spraying

There is the interaction menu option to toggle countermeasure and bomb controls between pilot and copilot. Supposedly doesn't work on Tula atm, but that could very well be a glitch that gets patched next go

I doubt it's a glitch, I think it has more to do with "the controller has run out of buttons and triggers" for it to work... Thinking about it, they don't really have any options left: 
LT / RT = Thrust
LB / RB = Yaw (rudder)
Start = Pause menu
Back = Camera views
Left Stick = Pitch and Roll (up and down, left and right)
Left Stick Click = JATO Thrust and / or Landing Gear
Right Stick = Camera angle
Right Stick Click = Rear-facing camera

D-pad Up = Phone
D-pad Up Hold = Quick-open current text / email / job invite
D-pad Left = Sequential order of radio stations
D-pad Left Hold = Selectable radio station
D-pad Right = Flying mode (VTOL / normal)
D-pad Right Hold = Bomb-bay doors
D-pad Down = Expanded map and player list
D-pad Down Hold = Switch characters

A = Fire weapons
B = Cinematic camera
X = Cycle weapon options
Y = Enter/ exit vehicle
radio could be replaced. touch pad changes it anyway and they are military jets
They could do it like KSP does. Hold a button, change what the others do. Hold RB or LB or something, and suddenly you have dozens of new buttons. Like, hold select. I don't think there's anything on select other than the camera.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:09 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 30 August 2017 - 09:09 PM.

The Ultralite is fun. The 7.62mm gimbaled gun isn't all that great, but if you get the prop upgrade, it actually makes you go off the radar if you're gliding. A great little, "I want to sneak around from base to base without being bothered." aircraft.

If I were to buy one vehicle only from the available vehicles right now, it'd probably be the Molotok, with the Tula being a close second for the "I can do everything." mentality of it. The Molotok is pretty much a Lazer re-skin, but can have flares/bombs as well. Sure, the Lazer's free if you have a hanger, but the Molotok has nice liveries to choose from, armor upgrades, and engine enhancements.
  • hei3enberg and Forza Harrd like this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

As much as I want the Tula, I think I'm gonna wait for the Bombushka and buy that instead... cheaper and all around more awe inspiring IMO.

The Bombushka is more expensive than the Tula....
Where am I gonna get like 15 million... I want the Bombushka, the Hunter, and the Tula for myself. Sucks having to ask my friends to play with theirs, hahaha. The hanger, Rouge, Molotok, etc, took all of my money.
  • Coranub likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:20 PM Edited by Forza Harrd, 30 August 2017 - 09:20 PM.

If I were to buy one vehicle only from the available vehicles right now, it'd probably be the Molotok, with the Tula being a close second for the "I can do everything." mentality of it. The Molotok is pretty much a Lazer re-skin, but can have flares/bombs as well. Sure, the Lazer's free if you have a hanger, but the Molotok has nice liveries to choose from, armor upgrades, and engine enhancements.

It has handling upgrade too, but I kept mine stock until I get used to flying it. Everything else fully upgraded. The airbrakes are awesome and with the engine upgrade it kinda feels faster than a Hydra. But right now all the aircraft speeds feel weird to me,

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:21 PM Edited by nido997, 30 August 2017 - 09:28 PM.

according to me , the Ultralight is the best new thing out there .... I said it so many times , but it´s ace for the money (OFF Radar , baby)

I got myself the Rogue ,too , and it ´s such a good aircraft for the money , it has all the possible weapons that you can mount in any planes , it´s a 2 seater , and it´s relatively cheap (1,2 mio. , let´s say 2 millions with ALL the upgrades). but its handling is a bit tricky , even with the smooth one , especially with all these air turbulences . i m trying to get used to it :)

surprisingly though , out of all new aircrafts that I got in the supply missions , I liked the Tula  the most, by far . its ability to fly vertically makes it the best dropping-bomb plane IMO , you can drop them with a high accuracy with the Tula ... plus it´s fairly easy to fly with ...I didn t expect myself to like it :) ... unfortunately it´s insanely overpriced ...

aaaand there is the Hunter , no need to say more ... :)

PS : I only got the Ultralight and the Rogue , out of all new aircrafts , after reading reviews and flying the new ones in the supply missions ....

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

radio could be replaced. touch pad changes it anyway and they are military jets

Yeah but if the emergency vehicles online have radios then you can bet the planes will :/

Touch pad, my word. Here I am with a bloody 360 controller! :O
the pause menu could also change it

there are better scemes than what we have gotten

Luk38644
  • Luk38644

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

How the hell do you fly the Ultralight? I love it but the turning is so awkward to get the hang of. Do I have the turn using the left analog stick everytime or can I use the L1/R1 buttons even though, at the moment, they seem useless unless on the ground!

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade
  • Bulgaria

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:56 PM Edited by Rewdalf, 30 August 2017 - 10:59 PM.

I highly regret buying the Rouge.

None of them

Hydra will still shred ANY new aircraft to bits

Seriously?

If I could only choose one of the new aircraft from the update, it would easily be the Rogue.

Have already fought more than a handful of Hydras, and a good pilot in a Rogue can beat anyone in a Hydra.

The finicky handling makes it extremely easy to dodge cannon fire, and the flares make missiles useless.

The Hydra handles like a sky barge. Its speed is great, but acceleration is nothing special and turning is abysmal. I latched on to a griefer flying a hydra and stayed behind him with ease until he ended up crashing trying to shake me.

There's no contest, if you're getting shot down by Hydras in the Rogue you're flying it absolutely wrong.

(Though, I'm playing on PC with a controller. That probably helps a load with the difficult twitch of the Rogue...)

It still has issues though.

The wing-mounted cannons are centered terribly. If you get anywhere near your target they just end up firing around whatever you're trying to hit. Takes some getting used to, but you have to hold yaw while firing to tilt one of the guns at your target, or just shoot off kilter to get something to connect.

Gets easier with practice and time.

Bombs are great, and the ability to throw the plane around up, down, and side to side make it even easier to isolate a target and quickly escape any explosive sniper rounds after delivering a payload.

IMO the only thing the Rogue has to fear is the explosive sniper. Otherwise, nothing can take it in the air.

Molotok is a close second for me though. It lacks explosive guns which make it useless in an air or ground fight. Missiles are useless because everything has countermeasures now...

But it has bombs, and it soars so gracefully that my eyes tear up whilst dancing through the sky.

Not to mention the airbrake is freaking fantastic for any sort of maneuver or strategic dodging. Instant-acting flaps let you practically stop mid-air and change direction like a flea.

Against a Hydra or Lazer (or anything lacking countermeasures) it's an immediate K.O. because of its agility.

Hell, even without explosive guns you could probably maintain formation behind most anything long enough to chip at it with the stock cannons, provided you're quick and responsive enough not to let them get away or behind you...

• jdv95, hei3enberg, Forza Harrd and 2 others like this

pie4july
  • pie4july

Geologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

How do you use the flares on the Tula on PS4?

xXManATeeXx
  • xXManATeeXx

Mr. GTA SINCE 1997

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

I don't know if it was just for the mission but my friend's Hunter took 12 explosive sniper hits to blow up. That's one tough apache!
  • Nossirag likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

I don't know if it was just for the mission but my friend's Hunter took 12 explosive sniper hits to blow up. That's one tough apache!

Most likely for the mission only. That type of armor for the actual version would be absolutely ridiculous lol
  • hei3enberg likes this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

If you can't decide for yourself; none of them are; go buy a Duster

PsychoAnarchy666
  • PsychoAnarchy666

GTA Fan Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

Was thinking the ultralight and that russian one,i believe it is russian inspired or something idk,forgot the name. So what are the must have ones?

Locrito1995
  • Locrito1995

---

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

When it releases: the lazer.

PsychoAnarchy666
  • PsychoAnarchy666

GTA Fan Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

When it releases: the lazer.

Come on now! The lazer?

PettyTheftCandy
  • PettyTheftCandy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:41 AM

The Hydra is trash, the laser is the true king of FM, but right now its gonna be interesting to see how the new rogue  fairs against it.. all the other new planes are garbage for dogfighting with the laser.

Rogues have terrible TWR and weak cannons so they lose in vertical fights or head-on passes.  But they do have the advantage if you're forced into a turning fight in the horizontal, or if third parties are shooting homing missiles at both of you.

• Nossirag and ryannata like this

Sir Golden Gecko
  • Sir Golden Gecko

Rasta Corp CEO

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

Hunter, whenever they release that as well.

Delta8042
  • Delta8042

Panda

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:47 AM Edited by Delta8042, 31 August 2017 - 05:49 AM.

The Tula is pretty cool being a bomb-dropping plane, helicopter, and boat. Only GOOD vehicle that is aquatic and can fly so far.

Additionally, the ultralight is nice because it has the special ability to allow you to go off radar temporarily. Only 500k if you've done the missions too.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

I just wanted the Hunter.

But the molokotovaka is also a cool plane to fly around

Overlord Jr.
  • Overlord Jr.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

Every offensive aircraft is outclassed by Hydra in both pvp and pve so dont bother from a utility perspective

Ultralight is a must buy: auto pilot cruising, off the radar, wide angle machine gun

Tula is a good dodo upgrade, boost launch and bombing runs are fun, keep in mind Seabreeze is faster without rear aiming gunner spot, both amphibious

non of the vehicles feel fast so Id wait for more testing and unlocks

• Nossirag likes this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

If you can't decide for yourself; none of them are; go buy a Duster

Well, if you don't have tens of millions to spend, other players' experiences can be very helpful to choose which vehicles to buy first...

Thanks for your good advice on the Duster though ;-)

So far, I really enjoy flying the Rogue. Nice for dogfights against Hydra's. The MIG is next on my shopping list.

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

nothing yet

maybe the rogue just to have fun bombing things.

ditch the cuban asap btw, no flares.
  • Nossirag likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Bought the Ultralight as soon as I could, fully upgraded it and regret nothing.

Its fast enough to get around, can be slow enough to actually enjoy the views for once, you can just vanish without a trace, fly high enough and you actually are invisible because you are so small, spawns a stones throw away from you and hardly anyone flies them so people hate you.

Had someone in one of the new planes attack me for no reason, rocket after rocket just knocked away by my flares, my turret chewed him up as he flew by until I dived into Raton Canyon and vanished.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

I'd say the Molotok should be one of your first choices. That being said, none of the aircraft in this update are a "must buy" if you already own a Buzzard/Hydra/Savage. These three can easily take care of everything the new aircraft can do and more.
  • hei3enberg and Jenkiiii like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users