Quantcast

» «
Photo

You guys know why crates 2.0 are completely worthless?

29 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Because you have to destroy OTHER PLAYER'S stock to increase the value of your own! Rockstar is really going ham with cash cards. Now they're encouraging us to bankrupt each other so they can make an easier sale...
  • Eqaulo likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:58 AM

Rockstar is really going ham with cash cards

maxresdefault.jpg

• Lazerbox, Mattoropael, Eqaulo and 15 others like this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:05 PM Edited by septimoose, 30 August 2017 - 01:05 PM.

https://twitter.com/...592890697916416

Incorrect. 

Destroying other peoples' stock doesn't increase the value of your own.

/t

• hei3enberg, TheKingChivas, SmokesWithCigs and 3 others like this

JakeSmooth
  • JakeSmooth

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

I hope that ain't true. Either way, it doesn't matter. This update is just food for griefers anyway. Before this update, getting in a plane was taboo as there'd always be some guy hogging the sky in his Hydra, shooting anyone who dares take their feet off the ground. And now I've gotta get off the ground using variety of unique plane radar icons while also having all other players informed of when I'm carrying cargo. I might as well use a cargobob to carry a massive neon sign that reads "kill me" around the map.

• askinnywhitedildo, Red Lynx 23, bulldog385 and 5 others like this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

Makes sense.  If everyone is bankrupting each other, that means more Shark Card sales.  cha ching!!!

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Incorrect. 

/t

Im pretty sure I got a message or heard ron say that it does increase my own stock if I destroy others.

Ker Juice
  • Ker Juice

Rated R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

Incorrect. 

/t

Im pretty sure I got a message or heard ron say that it does increase my own stock if I destroy others.

I got the same message but I brushed it off thinking that was just some creative script for Ron to have a reason for wanting the competition taking out.  

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

All I know is that I was able to take out several other players delivering air freight cargo and actually collect it to return to my own hangar.

If that's even part of what is meant by "increasing the value of my own stock," well, then heck yeah. I'll destroy other players, any day of the week.

It's my game experience and if you're in there with me, you better watch your back or get me to watch mine.

GTAO. Period. 

• Gaffa™, StangOne50, Locrito1995 and 2 others like this

TG_Stig
  • TG_Stig

Hustler

• Facade
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

Incorrect. 

/t

Forgot Ron's exact line, but it's something like"it may increase your stock's value...or maybe not."

And with the default alert message to destroy shipment to earn cash and rp, I'm 99% sure it won't increase you stock's value.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

No, destroying other people's stock does not immediately increase the value of the crates you already have stored -  what Ron means is, you can destroy the vehicle the other person is carrying their stock in, and then, unlike with other businesses, you can actually steal their stock that they drop when you kill them and return it to YOUR hangar, which increases your total stock on hand, since you took their stock and stored it for yourself.

• Gaffa™ and Hécate-II like this

Aquarices
  • Aquarices

I'm a sucker for other people's pain.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

All I know is that I was able to take out several other players delivering air freight cargo and actually collect it to return to my own hangar.

If that's even part of what is meant by "increasing the value of my own stock," well, then heck yeah. I'll destroy other players, any day of the week.

It's my game experience and if you're in there with me, you better watch your back or get me to watch mine.

GTAO. Period. 

No, destroying other people's stock does not immediately increase the value of the crates you already have stored -  what Ron means is, you can destroy the vehicle the other person is carrying their stock in, and then, unlike with other businesses, you can actually steal their stock that they drop when you kill them and return it to YOUR hangar, which increases your total stock on hand, since you took their stock and stored it for yourself.

This got me hard...

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Cruisin' GTA

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

GTAO. Period. 

With this new update, I'm close to ripping off the Tom Cruise mask and throwing on the Bane mask.

I'm ready to go dog-eat-dog. Tired of getting blown up and letting it go.

Tonight I dine on griefer soup.

• fw3 and Pedinhuh like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

GTAO. Period. 

With this new update, I'm close to ripping off the Tom Cruise mask and throwing on the Bane mask.

I'm ready to go dog-eat-dog. Tired of getting blown up and letting it go.

Tonight I dine on griefer soup.

But that's the beauty AND the ugly of this new DLC. It's not a "griefer" thing, wherein a griefer kills and blows stuff up, just for fun.

I encountered a couple of those last night.

This DLC, however, allows for actual in-game competition, much like the old Armored Cars and High Priority Vehicles used to, which I loved!

One of the players whom I killed last night and whose cargo I stole, chased me all the way from the airport to Ft. Zancudo, except every time he started closing in, I'd blow him up or shoot him. The game allowed him to try and get his stuff back from me, while allowing me the chance to keep it. 

There was no "catch up" on his vehicle, no slipstream, and no advantage. He simply lost his cargo to a better player (just happening to be me, in this case).

GTAO has always been a "watch your back" game, but now with actual consequence. This, for me, is how it all should have been since day one.
Kill someone in their Adder? You should be able to steal their Adder and sell it. Ridiculous that it was not allowed in a game whose title spells that out.

Cheers! :)

• bulldog385 and JakeSmooth like this

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:21 PM Edited by Fun 2, 30 August 2017 - 09:25 PM.

Yeah the info is incorrect, it's strange as this is what Ron says.

0xFF56C099 = ~z~Hey partner, you see those shipments marked on your GPS?
0x3C04B9F4 = ~z~Those marks mean the price of our goods is coming down.
0xCA51568F = ~z~If you take them out, there'll be less stock out there,
0xF367A8BB = ~z~and we might see a better return on our investment.
0xC838D1FA = ~z~Or we might not... I'm not too good at economics.

If I understand what he's saying, your stock will be less valuable if there's someone selling his stock in which you have to destroy it or wait until he finish to improve the value of your stock.

• Omnifarious, Pedinhuh, Nossirag and 1 other like this

MarczXD
  • MarczXD

Xbox One Player

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Actually it increases the value if you STEAL the cargo of other players and take it to you hangar.

Thats actually something nice, its not griefing since after all you can fight for your crate back

• Nossirag likes this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

Actually it increases the value if you STEAL the cargo of other players and take it to you hangar.

Thats actually something nice, its not griefing since after all you can fight for your crate back

Only problem is if said dude u just jacked leaves session, guess what happens?

Sucks.

But enjoy the juice of swoopings in to grand theft the goods.

:) I Chang

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

So what exactly stops people from just waiting at the hangers with explosive sniper?  I mean, there aren't exactly a variety of drop off locations...

• Nossirag likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

Think Rockstar was just cooking up fake news to be honest.

Locrito1995
  • Locrito1995

---

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

So what exactly stops people from just waiting at the hangers with explosive sniper?  I mean, there aren't exactly a variety of drop off locations...

Thanks for the useful input.

My sniper and hydra are hungry for blood anyhow...might as well make profit doing so.
  • Nossirag likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Player X left.
Player Y left.
Player Z left.

You are currently the only player in this session. Choose Find New Session to rejoin other players online.

Yeah, sure. Let me find a new session when I've got this one all to myself to do all these silly missions without any interference! :) 

• bulldog385, TheKingChivas and Skeve613 like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

no tell us why, we are ever so intrigued :dozing: 

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:23 AM

I hope that ain't true. Either way, it doesn't matter. This update is just food for griefers anyway. Before this update, getting in a plane was taboo as there'd always be some guy hogging the sky in his Hydra, shooting anyone who dares take their feet off the ground. And now I've gotta get off the ground using variety of unique plane radar icons while also having all other players informed of when I'm carrying cargo. I might as well use a cargobob to carry a massive neon sign that reads "kill me" around the map.

The trick is to pick up a personal vehicle, then turn on passive at the right time when someone attacks so they destroy the car and lose $20K and get badsport, without actually killing you.  :lol:

• JakeSmooth likes this

dankJay
  • dankJay

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

What a load of crap!! Someone said that to get volume vonus, you cant have more than 2 types of cargo...i had 1 oddball arts/antiques crate...so went to sell it, and 1 crate...had to make 3 deliveries!!

Ridiculous!

I will say...i got 9847 of the 10k from delivering just 2 of the 6 'packages' however....because of some impossibly tight drop locations

JakeSmooth
  • JakeSmooth

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

This update isn't actually as bad as I may have previously made it out to be. I've always hated other businesses cus the only reason people had to kill me was to grief. But the crates in the smugglers update can be stolen and so I have no reason to be angry if I get killed - This is the risk that I signed up for... I still make the most out of solo or barely filled lobbies when I get the chance but if I do get killed, I can't be angry and label it as griefing straight away.

The crates aren't really worthless. What's wrong with having another business? The more income the better! My only issue is with the sourcing missions themselves. Some sourcing missions are really fun and give me a chance to try out the new vehicles - I love the Tula and the dogfighting missions. But others are just so tedious that they make me want to quit the game and start a new mission. I mean, following a Titan for over 15 minutes for a crate worth 10k? I'd rather just do some CEO missions. And the bombing missions - lord almighty, I just spawn a Savage each time cus aiming those bombs is so difficult. Heck, I spawn a savage for a number of the missions. The 'destroying jammer' mission with a Hunter is also difficult. The missle barage is so rubbish cus each missle has a pixel-wide blast radius. 1 of my many missles could land next to a jammer and cause no damage. The savage's death beam (explosive rounds) just makes everything so much easier.

Nano the Ninja
  • Nano the Ninja

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Sucks.

Had this happen twice already. I jack someone for a crate, get all the way to my hangar (all the while killing and evading said someone), to have em leave session as I enter the yellow circle. sh*t is stoopid, son.

NightShark
  • NightShark

Play Smarter Not Harder

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Sucks.

Had this happen twice already. I jack someone for a crate, get all the way to my hangar (all the while killing and evading said someone), to have em leave session as I enter the yellow circle. sh*t is stoopid, son.

There's a simply solution to this

Spoiler

Nano the Ninja
  • Nano the Ninja

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Sucks.

There's a simply solution to this

Spoiler

Wait, what? Don't do what the game obviously wants me to do?! You go ahead and grind those ridiculous source missions, I'ma keep jacking people's sh*t lol... when they don't quit.

redamed9292
  • redamed9292

Rat

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

i just saw a video of Gtamen.he says some guy looked up the code and it doesn't increase your stock value.you get a certain amount of gta $.in the video it was 2000$

z06z33
  • z06z33

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

Its not about that honestly. Id rather spend 4 hours grinding for 750,000 and enjoy it vs spending 4 hours to get 2 million and hate it. I never liked the missions where I had to drive somewhere, Id always try to use a plane or heli,ground travel is to dangours when you have a multi million cargo

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

I never destroy other people’s stock. I want them to have a reason to live, so that I can continue spawn-killing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users