Quantcast

» «
Photo

How much hearing problems do you think GTA characters have?

10 replies to this topic
WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Trick

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

We forget just how loud guns are because of movies and video games never touching on the fact that shooting some weapons without hearing protection is painful, especially inside buildings. I'd like to think that before something big they put on some kind of advanced combat ear plugs but i don't know. They've never really show any signs of hearing loss. At least in GTA4 you would momentarily lose your hearing near an explosion so i can only assume Niko, Luis, Johnny and your online character probably experienced some kind of long term damage. 

• The7thOne likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Cowboys and Sailors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is something I've wondered about, too. In GTA V at least, Michael turns his head when in cutscenes - this is due to his VA and mocap performer, Ned Luke, being deaf in one ear. This really isn't confirming hearing loss in the character though.

I'm certain Niko has some form of hearing loss at least due to his background in the army, navy, and other various criminal activities before the events of IV.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

A bunch apparently because whenever i tell Franklin to get into his supped up car that i dropped a couple thousand G's on he completely ignores me and walks down the block to get into a beat up PoS

• Jeansowaty, ten-a-penny, Shadowfennekin and 1 other like this

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

A bunch apparently because whenever i tell Franklin to get into his supped up car that i dropped a couple thousand G's on he completely ignores me and walks down the block to get into a beat up PoS

Here's an idea - press Y RIGHT NEXT to the car.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Here's an idea - press Y RIGHT NEXT to the car.

L85IbAt.png

• ten-a-penny likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

When you stand too close to explosions in GTA IV you can hear a high-pitched buzzing, along with other sounds in the game being temporarely muffled or muted completelly. So Niko/Johnny/Luis can suffer from a temporary hearing loss.

• universetwisters, Pedinhuh and The Deadite like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

When you stand too close to explosions in GTA IV you can hear a high-pitched buzzing, along with other sounds in the game being temporarely muffled or muted completelly. So Niko/Johnny/Luis can suffer from a temporary hearing loss.

I've always liked that about GTA IV, at first i though it was my TV going out because i like to play games loud sometimes so i though all the explosions caused my TV Speakers to spaz out

• ten-a-penny likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I liked that too. It's an interesting detail in the game to make it realistic. 

@topic - I believe serious problems, if the results felt in GTA IV are anything to go by. All protagonists will face the same same problems.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not quite in the spirit of the topic but a fun fact none the less; Pay attention to Michael whenever somebody is talking on his right side, he shifts his body more towards that person. This is due to Michael's voice and motion capture actor Ned Luke being deaf in his right ear in real life.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not quite in the spirit of the topic but a fun fact none the less; Pay attention to Michael whenever somebody is talking on his right side, he shifts his body more towards that person. This is due to Michael's voice and motion capture actor Ned Luke being deaf in his right ear in real life.

I noticed that too, But i though i was just seeing things glad to see someone else noticed it as well

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think it varies person by person.

Take the 1986 Miami Shootout between two bank robbers and FBI agents for example. The bank robbers were firing guns practically in front of one another out of a car window and the autopsy reports that despite that, their eardrums were still very much intact (there was no blood found inside their ears, indicating burst drums)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users