Buckingham Pyro Discussion & Appreciation

247 replies to this topic
whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:49 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 26 November 2017 - 05:50 PM.

Is it any better than the Hydra & Rusler?

Why don't you read some of the thread? Even on that page there are comparisons.

• MechanicMammal, HKM87 and Sanches like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:59 PM Edited by nido997, 26 November 2017 - 08:59 PM.

I was planing to get it soon or later , but Thanks R* for the Discount ! of course I had to buy it once it´s 50% off !!!

Excellent Jet , I think it s the best one in the game !

20171126181334_1.jpg

20171126181439_1.jpg

20171126181502_1.jpg

20171126181503_1.jpg

20171126181507_1.jpg

• DeepFreezeBG, Smooth Longsack and 1bbaxter like this

MrMet4
  • MrMet4

King Of The North

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bounty hunting is going to be a blast the next few days...

2l8drmf.jpg

• DeepFreezeBG and Smooth Longsack like this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Anybody having an issue with the countermeasures not working on this plane? Just bought one today, and havent been able to use the countermeasures at all. They're not needed as much as the other planes, but they would have been helpful for the one time I actually got hit by a missile...

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by 79'Blazer4x4, 2 weeks ago.

A few crappy pictures of mine.

mOedVj0.jpgW7aVxMo.jpgMnqwbnX.jpg

• DeepFreezeBG and 1bbaxter like this

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm so hesitant to buy the homing missile upgrade because I like my planes to look historically accurate, and I can't find any instance of a Vampire with rockets mounted across the wings like the Pyro's are, the closest I can find to that are rockets mounted all to the same mount kinda like the Hunter's barage missiles are. Missiles seem mandatory for combat though, as even the stock handling is too twitchy to properly aim the machine guns(it doesn't help that I'm a bad combat pilot as it is).

I know I'm a tad late lol, but the Vampire could carry up to 8 60lb rockets. The reason there's few pictures of them with rockets mounted is because their main function was as an air-to-air fighter rather than a ground attack aircraft. Rest assured, they could carry rockets in a similar fashion to the Pyro, although they were usually mounted in a quad format like the Hunter's. The layout in-game is more reminiscent of the American rocket mounting system and I believe the Nokota has the same rocket mounting layout, which was probably just copied over to the Pyro.

I found a diagram of how rockets could be mounted on the P-51 Mustang (the plane the Nokota is based on). They could also be mounted, depending on rocket type, in a pod of three.

P-51ROCKETLAUNCH.gif

• 79'Blazer4x4 and Sanches like this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm so hesitant to buy the homing missile upgrade because I like my planes to look historically accurate, and I can't find any instance of a Vampire with rockets mounted across the wings like the Pyro's are, the closest I can find to that are rockets mounted all to the same mount kinda like the Hunter's barage missiles are. Missiles seem mandatory for combat though, as even the stock handling is too twitchy to properly aim the machine guns(it doesn't help that I'm a bad combat pilot as it is).

I know I'm a tad late lol, but the Vampire could carry up to 8 60lb rockets. The reason there's few pictures of them with rockets mounted is because their main function was as an air-to-air fighter rather than a ground attack aircraft. Rest assured, they could carry rockets in a similar fashion to the Pyro, although they were usually mounted in a quad format like the Hunter's. The layout in-game is more reminiscent of the American rocket mounting system and I believe the Nokota has the same rocket mounting layout, which was probably just copied over to the Pyro.

I found a diagram of how rockets could be mounted on the P-51 Mustang (the plane the Nokota is based on). They could also be mounted, depending on rocket type, in a pod of three.

Spoiler

Nokota uses the triple rocket pod:

hsgs8244box-lg.jpg

Spoiler

• 79'Blazer4x4 and Aslad like this

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoiler

Nokota uses the triple rocket pod:

hsgs8244box-lg.jpg

Spoiler

Ah, my bad. Is it the Starling I'm thinking of?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users