Buckingham Pyro Discussion & Appreciation

55 replies to this topic
Nasty Noodles
  • Nasty Noodles

Spice

• Members
  • England
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Nasty Noodles, 2 weeks ago.

Buckingham Pyro

"You want to rain death from the skies just like any other bearded twenty-something, but gun-metal grey and swept back wings are so mainstream. You need something that suggests old world expertise and class - like a manual transmission, or that cut-throat razor you're too frightened to use. Well look no further: with its twin-boom, single-engine vintage styling, the Pyro is the high-fidelity vinyl of air superiority.

The following modifications will be available; (Thanks Bob)

-10 liveries
-missile upgrade
-countermeasures
-engine
-armor
-handling

Massive thanks to JoonasPRKL for the images!

36149019184_8e69f6c1b6_o.jpg

36813497102_8efbb1fc4a_o.jpg

Sleek, fast and agile. I fell in love within seconds.
Based on the irl Vampire T11 A 1940s British fighter jet, One of the first of it's kind to be powered by a jet engine.
  • Tofu86_ likes this

Tofu86_
  • Tofu86_

That's a bit weird, innit?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you're able to, could you post the available livery options that this has? I love the Vampire IRL and in other games, can't wait for this.

Nasty Noodles
  • Nasty Noodles

Spice

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you're able to, could you post the available livery options that this has? I love the Vampire IRL and in other games, can't wait for this.

I only had access to the aircraft when doing a stealing mission so have no idea sorry. If someone on pc wants to answer your question that would be awesome. 

• Tofu86_ likes this

A.I.R
  • A.I.R

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I drive it in a supply job. And like how it drive.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Was nice in a steal mission, but only had a machine gun (probably a pair of them).  No missiles or bombs or flares.  The owned version may have those as options.  Handled decently, since I had to dodge missiles with it.

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

it's armament is sh*t

really good looking though, i'll just have a play in creator.

Bobfakkel
  • Bobfakkel

Thug

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

For anyone who wonders it has:

-10 liveries
-missile upgrade
-countermeasures
-engine
-armor
-handling

Not sure what to think of it, no cannon or bombs.. So it's competing with the Molotok I guess?
  • Nasty Noodles, trevorjc2511, Mervz789 and 2 others like this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Homie

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Finally, a twin boom plane. Definitely getting this.
  • JoeBoneless, AUScowboy and Nossirag like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Holy crap, a Vampire! Strange that it doesn't have the standard armament of 4 cannons under the nose though.

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MGgames100, 2 weeks ago.

IMO the best thing next to the Hunter that came out of this DLC aircraft-wise. Seriously it's so bloody good. Also it's a twin-boom plane, which we never had in the GTA series so I'm happy.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Shame we can't have the real Hunter to fly alongside it. :p

Hawker-Hunter.jpg

• 1bbaxter likes this

Nasty Noodles
  • Nasty Noodles

Spice

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Could someone post some decent pics of the pyro? Would be nice to show this aircraft in all of it's glory while we wait. 

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by whywontyoulisten, 2 weeks ago.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube, including one showing it flying perfectly well with its entire tail broken off...

p.s. I like this guy...he gets straight into the content with no talking, and the sh*tty music only appears at the end.

• Nasty Noodles, DarkStarrM60, SPECTER II and 1 other like this

JoonasPRKL
  • JoonasPRKL

No More Drank

• Facade Corporation
  • Finland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

36149019184_8e69f6c1b6_o.jpg

36813497102_8efbb1fc4a_o.jpg

36984818965_b8602a247f_o.jpg

36797015956_d6250f7cbb_o.jpg
  • Nasty Noodles, the_potato, Shaundi. and 7 others like this

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh my god those pictures...

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mark Chump

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Tried it during the mission, as everyone else.

Good looking, poor weapons, good speed.
Very good speed actually.

2 seater, so it might become a good cruiser, to replace the Vestra.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm 100% buying this, maybe not immediately when it comes out because I want to buy the Nokota first, but definitely sometime. There's a real life Vampire(inspiration for this) at a nearby aviation museum that I plan to go to at some point, maybe I'll try my best to make my future Pyro look like that Vampire.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've done 47 missions so far and I haven't seen it yet, are you guys sure there's a supply mission with this in it? :(

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SHOKKERZ91, 2 weeks ago.

I've done 47 missions so far and I haven't seen it yet, are you guys sure there's a supply mission with this in it? :(

Yes, there is a mission where you have to steal the pyro in the hangar of the sandy shores airfield. It flies really good.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes, there is a mission where you have to steal the pyro in the hangar of the sandy shores airfield. It flies really good.

I've never gotten that one D:

Is it because I have a FZ hangar, I'm too close??

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nope, i have my hangar at the fort too. It´s totally random which mission you get.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mark Chump

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

The mission regarding this one is at Sandy Shores air field: you will be asked to steal a plane parked inside the hangar, it's the Pyro.

I have my own hangar at Zancudo, so it's not a matter of proximity.
Maybe you had it but you blew it up accidentally? It doesn't fail the mission, since you can now collect the crates also by destroying the target vehicle.

DarkStarrM60
  • DarkStarrM60

Marksman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

For f*cks sake, this plane would be perfect to put an explosive cannon on. Hydra and Lazer are still the only planes worth dogfighting with. They pretty much pre-nerfed the Molotok and Nokota by giving them pea shooters. These planes are so beautiful and fun to fly but I still bring my Hydra out for heavy lifting.
  • Mattoropael and kovaandr like this

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Goingcrowd9, 2 weeks ago.

For f*cks sake, this plane would be perfect to put an explosive cannon on. Hydra and Lazer are still the only planes worth dogfighting with. They pretty much pre-nerfed the Molotok and Nokota by giving them pea shooters. These planes are so beautiful and fun to fly but I still bring my Hydra out for heavy lifting.

For f*cksake, the old jets would be perfect with a non explosive cannon.
The Rogue has explosive cannons, too... but a much lower fire rate and it's a plane.
The Savage as well, but we all now it is nothing more then a flying cannon.
"Pea shooters" lol...
The Molotok can brake just as good, if not better than the Besra, has good acceleration, flares, good handling and then you are complaining about it having "pea shooters" lol.
Have you ever used it ?

Seriously, I don't get what the f*ck is so fun about 'dogfighting' with jets that have high-rof, explosive cannons, can anyone explain ?

I use 'em if I have to, but I just enjoy flying 'em. Either Rogue-like cannons or miniguns with long range would make it MUCH better.
Removing sniper+hydra+lazer noob rounds would improve game balancs, too !

Spoiler
  • Pedinhuh, 79'Blazer4x4, ntinoskonsta and 1 other like this

Nasty Noodles
  • Nasty Noodles

Spice

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've encountered plenty of hyda/lazer uses using the explosive cannon and I find it best to fight them from above at a distance so that their manoeuvrability is limited  and the cannons not having enough reach. 

DarkStarrM60
  • DarkStarrM60

Marksman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

For f*cksake, the old jets would be perfect with a non explosive cannon.
The Rogue has explosive cannons, too... but a much lower fire rate and it's a plane.
The Savage as well, but we all now it is nothing more then a flying cannon.
"Pea shooters" lol...
The Molotok can brake just as good, if not better than the Besra, has good acceleration, flares, good handling and then you are complaining about it having "pea shooters" lol.
Have you ever used it ?

Seriously, I don't get what the f*ck is so fun about 'dogfighting' with jets that have high-rof, explosive cannons, can anyone explain ?

I use 'em if I have to, but I just enjoy flying 'em. Either Rogue-like cannons or miniguns with long range would make it MUCH better.
Removing sniper+hydra+lazer noob rounds would improve game balancs, too !

Spoiler
I get that. But the explosive cannons the old jets have are simply the best way to win a dogfight. I wish they had regular .50 cal guns.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wish explosive cannons were never a thing in this game, dogfighting is so much more fun when you can't just blow the enemy up the second they're in your sights. Now that there are countermeasures, homing missiles aren't that effective either, so if there were no explosive cannons it would be down to pure dogfighting skill with regular cannons/machine guns and non-homing rockets.

• DarkStarrM60, Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wish explosive cannons were never a thing in this game, dogfighting is so much more fun when you can't just blow the enemy up the second they're in your sights. Now that there are countermeasures, homing missiles aren't that effective either, so if there were no explosive cannons it would be down to pure dogfighting skill with regular cannons/machine guns and non-homing rockets.

Agreed, for the most part. Explosive canon should be restricted to dedicated attack aircraft, i.e. the savage (being slow, weak, and otherwise not much of a threat to jets) and the hunter because the gun is locked to a copilot. Normal guns should be much more effective against other aircraft though. Jets (and most helos) are fragile machines, a well placed burst of 20mm canon would shred most of em, but be less effective against ground targets unless they could score a direct hit. Glad they finally implemented bursts of dumbfire rockets, that's what the buzzard should have had all along, and also most of these new aircraft that have homing missiles (starling, nokota, etc).
  • 79'Blazer4x4 and Goingcrowd9 like this

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Agreed, for the most part. Explosive canon should be restricted to dedicated attack aircraft, i.e. the savage (being slow, weak, and otherwise not much of a threat to jets) and the hunter because the gun is locked to a copilot. Normal guns should be much more effective against other aircraft though. Jets (and most helos) are fragile machines, a well placed burst of 20mm canon would shred most of em, but be less effective against ground targets unless they could score a direct hit. Glad they finally implemented bursts of dumbfire rockets, that's what the buzzard should have had all along, and also most of these new aircraft that have homing missiles (starling, nokota, etc).
Also agree with you, for the most part.
Savage imo should be tough as sh#t and have a normal gun like the Anilhator's minigun.
Also, if normal guns do more damage, I think the range of the weapons of most helos should be beefed up as well.
The range of the Anilhator is not really good,
The range of the Buzzard is bad,
And the range of the Savage is just just a joke imo.
  • 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mark Chump

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Do you think it will stand as a "small", or a "medium" plane?
Just to make plans about my showroom...

Hydra is medium while Vestra is small, so I'm not sure where this one will land.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users