Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cloud Flare intruding on the forum experience

Best Answer RedDagger, 29 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

I'm not sure why it's constantly checking, though the reason it redirects to the homepage is that the full reply page is http://gtaforums.com/index.php?'cus it's a special php page, which just sets to the homepage if you follow the link directly - like Cloudflare is doing when it redirects you after checking.

There's not much we can do about that if cloudflare is constantly checking when you reply, as far as I know, though I'm pretty sure cloudflare is only meant to check the first time you enter the site.

No idea how/if you can do it on mobile, but it might be worth clearing your cache and deleting cookies. Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic
Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:00 PM Edited by Maxxi, 29 August 2017 - 12:02 PM.

Most every post I make right now fails because of Cloud Flare redirecting me to the homepage. Any way to stop this so I can, ya know, make a f*cking post?

Edit: oh look this finally went through. Only took a half hour.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

The Cloudflare check pops up during heavy traffic or when the forum is being attacked. I guess it was either one of the times when Cloudflare popped up. Usually I get through it in a single check.
  • Maxxi likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Cloud Flare redirecting me to the homepage.

Was this before or after the "checking your browser" page started appearing? How was it redirecting you?

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

Cloud Flare redirecting me to the homepage.

Was this before or after the "checking your browser" page started appearing? How was it redirecting you?
I am on mobile, so it may be an issue with that. Every time I would try to reply to a topic, it would pop up with this page:

LFY2UL6.jpg

Then after about 10 seconds it would redirect me to gtaforums.com, losing whatever reply I had typed out. If I went back to the page (either going backwards or manually finding the page again) and tried to reply, it would repeat the same process, taking me back to the main page.

The Cloudflare check pops up during heavy traffic or when the forum is being attacked. I guess it was either one of the times when Cloudflare popped up. Usually I get through it in a single check.

That does make sense, as the update dropped today and everyone floods the forums to see the new content.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:33 PM   Best Answer Edited by RedDagger, 29 August 2017 - 06:36 PM.

I'm not sure why it's constantly checking, though the reason it redirects to the homepage is that the full reply page is http://gtaforums.com/index.php?'cus it's a special php page, which just sets to the homepage if you follow the link directly - like Cloudflare is doing when it redirects you after checking.

There's not much we can do about that if cloudflare is constantly checking when you reply, as far as I know, though I'm pretty sure cloudflare is only meant to check the first time you enter the site.

No idea how/if you can do it on mobile, but it might be worth clearing your cache and deleting cookies.
  • SWEETSAPRIK likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

No idea how/if you can do it on mobile, but it might be worth clearing your cache and deleting cookies.

After doing this, it seems to have cleared up. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users