The Smugglers Run Appreciation Thread

60 replies to this topic
REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Welcome to the Smugglers Run Appreciation Thread!

As the thread title applies, here you can post everything you appreciate and enjoy about the latest update, Smugglers Run.

I'll begin by saying that the dogfights during source missions are absolutely brilliant and very well thought out!

Look forward to seeing what puts a smile on your face with Smugglers Run.

:)
  • sleepwalk1980, ShadowlessDevil and ryannata like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I yet to play & probably can't for at least another 10 hours, but from I gathered, I appreciate the following stuff:

1) The Rogue airplane & it's reasonablely priced too!

2) I can finally change the color of my Nimbus.

3) I can spawn a Cargobob from the interaction menu once I stored one in the Hanger.
  • guster-von, ShadowlessDevil and ryannata like this

General_Z
  • General_Z

Some guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by General_Z, 3 weeks ago.

YO THEY ADDED A BLACK SLEEVELESS TEE, ARMY JACKETS, (THE GOOD ONES IE VIETNAM ERA) AND VIETNAM ERA BORN TO DIE/ SERVE/ SAVE HELMETS WITH BULLETS AND CIGS ON THEM, was not expecting sick clothing like this

• vnus_dmlo, sleepwalk1980 and mrgstrings like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. Cool new clothes

2. Bombs

3. Change colour of aircraft

4. Always nice to see new cut-scene animation featuring your created character, as per the introduction when you meet Ron. Feels more immersive.

I'm sure there will be more (damn, I'm supposed to be working today)

• Winonas and General_Z like this

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

sweating_towel_guy_play_gta_update.jpg

The struggle is real.

• jpm1, StangOne50, robban and 6 others like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 3 weeks ago

Meh tank tops are ok

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ron's awesome new podcasts. 👍👍😂😂 Laughing my balls off over here!!
  • ryannata likes this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm thankful for the massive amounts of B&M this update provides. Amazing bathroom reading material.
  • We Are Ninja and Winonas like this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Now let's take the news from behind!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ron in the intro of the hangar mentioning Trevor :lol:

• Amy Vinewood likes this

z06z33
  • z06z33

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by z06z33, 3 weeks ago.

The struggle is real.

Tried that sh*t yesterday my boss offered me $200 bonus to come in vs taking the day off (he plays GTA and knew what was up)......can't turn that down so I'm at work. Got up early and played for 3 hours tho

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Ultralight, damn I am in love.

Its glorious to be able to actually see the world from the air, if you fly slowly you can vanish off the radar permanently and with Flares you can actually vanish away from pursuers.

I can spawn it close to me, it takes off like a rocket and the cannon shreds enemy heli's.   

• varulven and Winonas like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 3 weeks ago.

The struggle is real.

Tried that sh*t yesterday my boss offered me $200 bonus to come in vs taking the day off (he plays GTA and knew what was up)......can't turn that down so I'm at work. Got up early and played for 3 hours tho

^ Werd. That's two Megalodon Shark Cards...
  • robban likes this

z06z33
  • z06z33

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Or enough for a billion GTA$ or so at 7sins haha.(kidding)

• We Are Ninja likes this

GLTh3Pr0
  • GLTh3Pr0

Special/unique vehicles collector since GTA III

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

When I heard that the Bombushka, the Nokota and the Hunter were going to be drip-fed I started to fear that Smuggler's Run would be as a big disappointment as Gunrunning for me. Instead, I actually had a lot of fun! While I'll probably buy only a few of the new aircrafts for now, the ability to customise the old ones makes you feel like you actually have a lot more available, and the new flight suits are awesome. I really liked the supply mussions I played so far and I loved the new music themes (while I was greatly disappointed with the Gunrunning ones).

Other than the obvious drip-feed issue, I disliked how most of the new helmets disappear inside aircrafts, and I really hoped that we would get a Skylift.

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The struggle is real.

21178496.jpg

• robban likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is my favourite thing ever. Race settings and countermeasures. What a laugh...

Dogfights with lasers and hydras, fear them no more lol

fK8_fRixfE21q5UI5kK0qw_0_0.jpg
  • jpm1, VinceVega84, Mrs. Buzz and 2 others like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like the bomber jackets...rolled up t shirts for males..one or two of the boots, bout 3-4 of the tattoos, couple masks, 2 vehicles

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by sleepwalk1980, 3 weeks ago.

I don't get why everyone is bitching about how badly SR pays out, how they're done with GTA, waa waa waa

What happened to just enjoying the game, new challenges and missions, new vehicles to play with, the robo masks are dope!

Grinding is just a self imposed exile.

You can just play the game. I'm loving the new experience of flying around. Beats driving down the same old roads every day.

Oh and the Retinue is a f*cking delight. It might just have beat the Omnis as my favourite sports/rally car

• Jayfab likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by WildBrick142, 3 weeks ago.

Love it.

-Fun new vehicles.

-Missions are pretty fun too, and the RP bonuses are nice.

-Aircraft customization.

-We actually get to do something for our business rather than resupplying and waiting a million years.

-No stupid research.

-No stupid 7-layered paywalls.

-No idiotically difficult missions with cheap AI. Only got cheaply owned by the AI once so far.

-Hunter.

-Beginning of the end for the restricted areas.

-Fixed FZ spawns - now I don't spawn halfway across the map when I approach FZ from a mile away (that's an exaggeration of how stupid the respawn points were btw).

-Short waiting time for the next sale or purchase.

-You can buy individual product types, so you can even skip the wait time before next purchase completely.

edit: knew I forgot something, the music. There's one track that I love - it's so calm and relaxing. All the tracks are nice, actually.

This is so much better than Gunrunning. One thing that I don't like, though, is that some sell missions are still designed to f*ck you over on each step, but it isn't as bad or as common as in Gunrunning and they're still somewhat doable so I'll let that pass.

• , Amy Vinewood, Mrs. Buzz and 2 others like this

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

@Bully2Info

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like the new music during steal missions.

• WildBrick142, sleepwalk1980 and General_Z like this

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is good stuff. I'm elated.

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

(눈_눈)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The dog-fighting mission is everything I wanted in a resupply mission.

• ShadowlessDevil likes this

capton_cutclass
  • capton_cutclass

Dub Sexual

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by capton_cutclass, 3 weeks ago.

Its a great update...I can already tell...I love the missions so far. I havent sold anything yet so I dont know how Rockstar will screw us yet but even so Im very happy with it.

And Ive been one of those people clamoring for the Hunter...and Ive finally realized it was worth the wait for the simple fact that we can add liveries and change the color. I flew it in my first mission and boy it was great. My only complaint was the color...which we will be able to change. That simple fact makes these years of waiting worth it. The liveries on the ultralight were so cool. And we are getting a classic Rapid GT...thats pretty sweet.

My only complaint is the price of some of the clothes and gear...they really went overboard...but the stuff is awesome and they knew it...the other thing I wish they added a cool new military rifle into the game with all the new military gear...woulda been nice.

My only concern now is money lol JK but my only concern, and let me put this into context by saying its a good problem to have, we got all these cool new aircraft...only 3 have a modern feel to them. I was dogfighting in the new MIG and it seems better than the Lazer. If not better than more fun...but im hoping they add a modern fighter and a modern VTOL plane at some point. Just because it seems odd to have all these classic planes that can do things the modern planes cant.

I also have a theory at some point something alien or UFO related is coming...I know thats not going out on a limb...but one of the planes is named Mogul...and in the 50s and 60s the government had a UFO project called Project Mogul...I think thats an odd similarity considering its a plane from the same era.

MemesDoComeTrue
  • MemesDoComeTrue

Back in my day servers worked.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Being able to airdrop crates to your hangar without landing, also stealing crates instead of just blowing them up is a big improvement. Payouts for selling could definitely be better though.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

i play much less GTA than before, but i gave that thing a try, and i'm pretty pleased by that dlc. what i really like so far:

- good AI. much well tested than GR. AI is not harassing and you have fun

- not forced criminality game. you can choose deal bad stuff but you can also choose deal normal stuff. of course you need to shoot few bad guys sometimes, but this is an action game after all

- realism oriented. no aberation/ridiculous stuff. hangar looks like an hangar

played only few hours, but pretty pleased so far. still waiting for Vice city extension and non PvP free roam world though

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by askinnywhitedildo, 3 weeks ago.

I stole another guys Cargo so easily with the Molotok, then almost another guy too. If stealing is this easy, I will just hunt people collecting it and steal it for a living. I appreciate that. 

• Nossirag likes this

ctrl-z
  • ctrl-z

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

well here's my big Smugglers Plus for the day. I just went to my yacht and gathered ammo I was able to pick up ammo for each weapon available there. before the update I could only pick them up if I was empty. but now it looks like it allows you to pick them all up no matter how much ammo you have as long as you're not maxed on that ammo. Big + in my book. Small thing in the big picture.
  • Jarlaxle and Nossirag like this

TrinityCXV
  • TrinityCXV

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

So far this might be one of my favourite updates yet. I love all the aircraft, especially the ones in the drip feed, which granted is slightly annoying but oh well. Every vehicle seems unique in some way (have you seen the See breeze?)
Every lobby I've been in has been somewhat calm which is a plus. Then there's the new source missions. This is CEO crates done right (mostly). Being able to choose from any individual item and sell individually as well is a huge improvement. Add to that the missions are actually quite fun, especially when bombing runs are in order.
The clothes are cool. Bought one of the new helmets without knowing it has thermal vision. Won't need that sniper upgrade now I guess.
  • Nossirag likes this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm really liking the Retiune and being able to paint my aircraft... but that's about it. 

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntθr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

There's a lot that hasn't gone like I thought it would, and some disappointments (no solo cannon for Hunter, limited customization for original aircraft) - but ... I think I like it.

Having the Savage finally be a little tougher - even if only against explosives - is great. Flares are fantastic, I only wish we could fit them on the old aircraft too.

The Hunter, despite the lack of a cannon for me, should be very effective. That barrage is going to be devastating against stuff on the ground - maybe even in the air if I perfect it. Countermeasures - an attack helicopter with countermeasures ... Should've been here ages ago, but ti'll be great t have. Once they release it, lol.

Some missed opportunities, and a few disappointments, but overall a more enjoyable update than any I've played in a long time in this game.

Dogfight in old planes is gonna be fun too.

• , Mrs. Buzz and Nossirag like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users