Vigilante Discussion Thread

1,053 replies to this topic
gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

you forfeit the right to complain about anything Rockstar does with the game.

I'm glad you think that, but there is literally nothing you can do to stop me from complaining about this game and this car, even if my money was dupes, mods, or Shark Cards. Take a lap. If Rockstar is going to charge millions for a literal Batmobile, people are going to complain, me included.

This car is also a different tune to the APC or Oppressor, it's an armed supercar, you're fast and protected, like a jet on the ground, sans the explosive rounds. If this thing becomes the new meta for ground combat, I'm going to have it, I might not like it, but there are a lot of things I don't like that I've felt pressured to buy. This is just another one of those, cartoonish design or not.

No I can't stop you. I don't have to take you seriously either. But f*ck me, Rockstar is the one you're trying to get to. Isn't that the point of complaining here on a GTA forum? I'm sure they appreciate a cheaters input. ;)

You feeling pressured into buying stuff in a video game is your problem entirely, not the games. Because I see a lot of people using that excuse. like I said, competitiveness in PVP depends on your skills, not the vehicle you drive.

• AUScowboy likes this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

No I can't stop you. I don't have to take you seriously either. But f*ck me, Rockstar is the one you're trying to get to. Isn't that the point of complaining here on a GTA forum? I'm sure they appreciate a cheaters input. ;)

You feeling pressured into buying stuff in a video game is your problem entirely, not the games. Because I see a lot of people using that excuse. like I said, competitiveness in PVP depends on your skills, not the vehicle you drive.

Buddy, you asked me why I was going to buy the car, and I answered. Had to buy a Hydra when the Lazer wouldn't spawn reliably. Had to get explosive sniper rounds once everybody else started getting them. If I have to get this, and I don't have enough time to figure out if it's actually good or not, I'm going to buy it before Halloween ends and the thing potentially disappears for a year.

I don't care in the slightest what Rockstar thinks about my input. I don't think anybody does on this forum, frankly, because they clearly have never given anywhere near a f*ck about any of the problems in this game that don't involve the player gaining illegitimate money. The game is almost four years old, I've sunk thousands of hours into it. If I want to run a script these days to get some money, or sell the same car a few times so I get past the newest update's paywall to show things to my less digitally-endowed friends, so be it. I'm partaking in the content, I'm going to voice my opinion on it.

How I got to play the content is neither here nor there, what matters is how the content performs and is balanced. What matters more is if one can live without the content in the event that it becomes no longer available. I bought the Shotaro, since it was the new fastest bike, and nobody was entirely certain whether it was going to stick around or not. It did, but the Sanctus, which I also bought for a laugh, did not.

If a new tool is going to potentially go away, it's better to have it and not need it than vice versa.

Plus, I can't say I'm all that enthused about missing an event vehicle. The only one I never got was the Roosevelt, and I just duped to get it later down the line since I wasn't playing actively enough to afford it when it first came out.

Mine is technically a Rebel underneath, can't sell it for more than a couple grand.

• EMEUTIER and Goingcrowd9 like this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

Buddy, you asked me why I was going to buy the car, and I answered. Had to buy a Hydra when the Lazer wouldn't spawn reliably. Had to get explosive sniper rounds once everybody else started getting them. If I have to get this, and I don't have enough time to figure out if it's actually good or not, I'm going to buy it before Halloween ends and the thing potentially disappears for a year.

I don't care in the slightest what Rockstar thinks about my input. I don't think anybody does on this forum, frankly, because they clearly have never given anywhere near a f*ck about any of the problems in this game that don't involve the player gaining illegitimate money. The game is almost four years old, I've sunk thousands of hours into it. If I want to run a script these days to get some money, or sell the same car a few times so I get past the newest update's paywall to show things to my less digitally-endowed friends, so be it. I'm partaking in the content, I'm going to voice my opinion on it.

How I got to play the content is neither here nor there, what matters is how the content performs and is balanced. What matters more is if one can live without the content in the event that it becomes no longer available. I bought the Shotaro, since it was the new fastest bike, and nobody was entirely certain whether it was going to stick around or not. It did, but the Sanctus, which I also bought for a laugh, did not.

If a new tool is going to potentially go away, it's better to have it and not need it than vice versa.

Plus, I can't say I'm all that enthused about missing an event vehicle. The only one I never got was the Roosevelt, and I just duped to get it later down the line since I wasn't playing actively enough to afford it when it first came out.

Mine is technically a Rebel underneath, can't sell it for more than a couple grand.

But that was my point, you didn't HAVE to buy anything. Balancing is not an issue. There is no vehicle in the game you can't destroy with an RPG.

Yes, you stated your reasons, but they don't add up in my book. What you do, though, is not my business. I'm just trying to understand that "must have everything or I'll fall behind" mentality.

Saying no one on this forum cares about what Rockstar does with all the complaints is not true. Why would anyone waste their time, coming online and complaining about a game for no reason? It's pointless and there are much healthier ways of dealing with frustrations.

NIGHTHAWK0D2
  • NIGHTHAWK0D2

A servant to the Lord our God.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Well the Rapid GT classic will keep me busy until this thing comes out, until then saving money
  • Mr_No and Nossirag like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

[a long post what i made]

But that was my point, you didn't HAVE to buy anything. Balancing is not an issue. There is no vehicle in the game you can't destroy with an RPG.

Yes, you stated your reasons, but they don't add up in my book. What you do, though, is not my business. I'm just trying to understand that "must have everything or I'll fall behind" mentality.

Saying no one on this forum cares about what Rockstar does with all the complaints is not true. Why would anyone waste their time, coming online and complaining about a game for no reason? It's pointless and there are much healthier ways of dealing with frustrations.

I don't want to wind up being stuck without something that might turn out to be key. I don't get how that's not clear to you.

It's not a matter of having everything, it's a matter of having the tools that make the most impact. I waited on the Hydra until the Lazer no longer spawned reliably in the base, just so I could do what everybody on the site says and get in a jet myself to take down the sh*tters. I didn't get explosive rounds until it became clear that was the new meta, and even now, I barely use them unless the enemy is also using them. I didn't bother with Oppressor rockets until they showed up in the research by chance because the Oppressor is little more than jet fuel to me with how slow it turns in the air, and the thing is basically only good for griefing or doing stunts.

The problem with the Vigilante is that it might go away, we don't know if it'll be there forever. If it is, then so be it, I'll just not buy one until a decent discount rolls around, and will spend my time trying to figure out the best ways of taking it down without incurring a repair bill.

The implication that balance isn't a problem leads me to believe you don't actually fully understand how devastating some of these toys are. Yeah, you can take things down in a missile or two, if you can hit it. And if it's a jet, it costs me $200 to get another one and come back, it costs you more for rockets, more for explosive rounds, and I'm not likely to let you get the jet you need to come after me. Even if you do, I can just get another one if I have to bail.

As for why people show up to complain, it's not because we think Rockstar will hear us, it's because we want to speak to other fans of the series, and many come here to vent frustrations about a game they like. I still play this game relatively often, as do many of my friends. We're all very well aware that even if we could speak to the Housers ourselves, literally no opinion we have on the game will ever matter to anybody that makes the decisions to price things higher every update, force more public lobby content, and lock long-awaited vehicles behind an arbitrary release date.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:40 PM Edited by gizmonomono, 13 September 2017 - 12:41 PM.

I don't want to wind up being stuck without something that might turn out to be key. I don't get how that's not clear to you.

It's not a matter of having everything, it's a matter of having the tools that make the most impact. I waited on the Hydra until the Lazer no longer spawned reliably in the base, just so I could do what everybody on the site says and get in a jet myself to take down the sh*tters. I didn't get explosive rounds until it became clear that was the new meta, and even now, I barely use them unless the enemy is also using them. I didn't bother with Oppressor rockets until they showed up in the research by chance because the Oppressor is little more than jet fuel to me with how slow it turns in the air, and the thing is basically only good for griefing or doing stunts.

The problem with the Vigilante is that it might go away, we don't know if it'll be there forever. If it is, then so be it, I'll just not buy one until a decent discount rolls around, and will spend my time trying to figure out the best ways of taking it down without incurring a repair bill.

The implication that balance isn't a problem leads me to believe you don't actually fully understand how devastating some of these toys are. Yeah, you can take things down in a missile or two, if you can hit it. And if it's a jet, it costs me $200 to get another one and come back, it costs you more for rockets, more for explosive rounds, and I'm not likely to let you get the jet you need to come after me. Even if you do, I can just get another one if I have to bail.

As for why people show up to complain, it's not because we think Rockstar will hear us, it's because we want to speak to other fans of the series, and many come here to vent frustrations about a game they like. I still play this game relatively often, as do many of my friends. We're all very well aware that even if we could speak to the Housers ourselves, literally no opinion we have on the game will ever matter to anybody that makes the decisions to price things higher every update, force more public lobby content, and lock long-awaited vehicles behind an arbitrary release date.

We have very different play styles then. I feel no need to prove myself over and over again to a random player that comes back in a jet constantly. Getting locked into a battle like that is pointless to me. I leave the lobby and spend the next hour making money instead of spending it on my ego, that's to inflated to just switch lobbies. And even if I do get into a battle like that, I won't be wasting money on ammo if I don't have to. Once you have the hydra there is nothing you can't kill with ease, and cost free. Tell me, when you get overpowered by a certain vehicle or weapon, do you switch to the same, or the most powerful thing in your arsenal? A car that shoots rockets would not be my first choice, not when the second choice is a military jet or explosive bullets.

About the car getting locked, I understand your concern. Though I'm not worried about that personally.

• Zader and Nossirag like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

We have very different play styles then. I feel no need to prove myself over and over again to a random player that comes back in a jet constantly. Getting locked into a battle like that is pointless to me. I leave the lobby and spend the next hour making money instead of spending it on my ego, that's to inflated to just switch lobbies. And even if I do get into a battle like that, I won't be wasting money on ammo if I don't have to. Once you have the hydra there is nothing you can't kill with ease, and cost free. Tell me, when you get overpowered by a certain vehicle or weapon, do you switch to the same, or the most powerful thing in your arsenal? A car that shoots rockets would not be my first choice, not when the second choice is a military jet or explosive bullets.

About the car getting locked, I understand your concern. Though I'm not worried about that personally.

It's not a need to prove myself to someone as much as it is wanting to be on par with all the others running around in the expensive toys. Don't really want to be the odd one out when the sh*t hits the fan.

I'm not one to actually jet grief, but it's still a good example of a lack of balance in the game, and a counter-argument about your comments regarding balance. I'm hoping the Vigilante is balanced, especially at its price. If it's usable in races, as standard or transform races, I'd also like to have one at full kit to ensure I'm on the pace of everybody else who's bound to use the incredibly fast, incredibly durable car they're forced into.

I don't know how the Vigilante will stack up against other vehicles or even itself, but I do tend to use things that are on par with, if not the same as, what my opponent is using. I think it's a bit cheap to just immediately run to a Hydra when someone kills me with explosive rounds or a Ruiner 2k. I'd like to be on equal footing with them, save for BP helmets, because they're ugly as sin and most people on console don't go for headshots regardless.

The car being locked away is only a problem for those who really want it, or for its combat potential. I think I'd probably enjoy the car more if it wasn't homing missile capable and Insurgent heavy, it'd be something neat and wacky, and not something else to worry about showing up to go off radar in my empty pub to blow up my product.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

It's not a need to prove myself to someone as much as it is wanting to be on par with all the others running around in the expensive toys. Don't really want to be the odd one out when the sh*t hits the fan.
I'm not one to actually jet grief, but it's still a good example of a lack of balance in the game, and a counter-argument about your comments regarding balance. I'm hoping the Vigilante is balanced, especially at its price. If it's usable in races, as standard or transform races, I'd also like to have one at full kit to ensure I'm on the pace of everybody else who's bound to use the incredibly fast, incredibly durable car they're forced into.

I don't know how the Vigilante will stack up against other vehicles or even itself, but I do tend to use things that are on par with, if not the same as, what my opponent is using. I think it's a bit cheap to just immediately run to a Hydra when someone kills me with explosive rounds or a Ruiner 2k. I'd like to be on equal footing with them, save for BP helmets, because they're ugly as sin and most people on console don't go for headshots regardless.

The car being locked away is only a problem for those who really want it, or for its combat potential. I think I'd probably enjoy the car more if it wasn't homing missile capable and Insurgent heavy, it'd be something neat and wacky, and not something else to worry about showing up to go off radar in my empty pub to blow up my product.
Tryhard much?
  • AUScowboy and Nossirag like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Why are you guys saying this is OP? I am confused.

It cannot be used in races, just like the Ruiner 2k. It may get it's own SV races I guess.

It can't fly or jump, and handles like a muscle car.

It cannot withstand explosions.

It's a 3.8 million dollar toy, just like the 4+ million dollar Ruiner 2k.
  • JoonasPRKL, Nasty Noodles, 79'Blazer4x4 and 7 others like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

another long post what i done

Tryhard much?

I like to have even footing with people when they try and fight me. How does that make me a tryhard?

Personally, I don't think it's overpowered, I'm just saying that if it turns out to be, I'd like to have one before it goes away, provided it's time-locked like the Sanctus or other holiday vehicles.

• Carter4point8 likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

You're missing the point if you are buying this car for any other reason than wanting a batmobile type car. I couldn't care less about it using weapons, crap armour or whatever it's a freakin batmobile!! I want it no matter what lol 

Finally someone who understands!
  • Nasty Noodles, gizmonomono, AUScowboy and 1 other like this

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

-snip-
Balancing is not an issue. There is no vehicle in the game you can't destroy with an RPG.

Reeeealy ? :sigh:
You appear to be on the same level as R* concerning logic.
Gta online and balanced lol
These two just don't fit together.
  • Pedinhuh and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Or...
Community: I want a regular police car and a regular ambulance which I'm never gonna drive. Rockstar: have a flying bike and a Batmobile.
Community: Okay :D

Sounds to me like we're getting more than we asked for.

I want a regular police car and a regular ambulance which I WILL drive.
I'm not sure if your comment is addressed only to people who want a police car and an ambulance but won't drive them if they get them, or if your comment assumes that everyone who wants a police car and an ambulance won't drive them if they do get them. If the latter, I can assure you you're very wrong for believing that.
You can drive a police car or an ambulance, or a golf cart, or one of them caddies from the airport... when ever you want. It's not like they do not exist in the game. You can literally find one of them in like 30 seconds. So then, should Rockstar waste time on that, instead of giving us new content? Like new types of cars, that aren't just a re-skin.
So you admit that people DO want to drive them, after implying that people who do want them won't actually drive them. Interesting.

I'll clarify the situation for you. The people who "want police cars" are not all a bunch of idiots who don't know that it's really easy to get a police car to come to them, which they can then steal and drive around to their heart's content. No; when people say they want police cars, what they mean is they want them as PVs. (That stands for Personal Vehicles, by the way, and means vehicles they can keep in their garages and insure.)

It was possible to do this very early in the game, but then Rockstar decided that since they don't understand why anyone would want to keep a police car, they're going to disallow it.

Allowing us to store police cars isn't giving us new content, and it is hardly a waste of time, either, since all that needs to happen is a setting being changed. They changed it once, to disallow it. That hardly took a rewrite of the whole game; they probably just changed the 1 to a 0 for a setting something like "CanBeStoredByPlayers" or whatever. Now we just want them to undo that.
  • 79'Blazer4x4 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Davisbruh
  • Davisbruh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

So i dont know of anyone knows this yet but will this vehicle be a Halloween locked vehicle meaning that it will go away after the event?
  • Nossirag likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

So i dont know of anyone knows this yet but will this vehicle be a Halloween locked vehicle meaning that it will go away after the event?

Most likely.
  • Mr_Pool likes this

NIGHTHAWK0D2
  • NIGHTHAWK0D2

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Most likely.
It's not actually, it's added as part of smugglers run according to the images we seee from foxy snaps, it's not going anywhere

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

Most likely.
It's not actually, it's added as part of smugglers run according to the images we seee from foxy snaps, it's not going anywhere

Either way it's going in my main garage.

NIGHTHAWK0D2
  • NIGHTHAWK0D2

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

Most likely.

Either way it's going in my main garage.
You and me both brother
  • Nossirag likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

Most likely.

Last year the Sanctus said "added as a part of the Bikers Update".

Turns out it was a time limited vehicle. There was quite the uprise about it on the forums.

This could very well be a time limited vehicle despite being "part of Smugglers Run".
  • Nasty Noodles, gtafan26, 79'Blazer4x4 and 9 others like this

MrMet4
  • MrMet4

King Of The North

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:48 AM

Most likely.

Turns out it was a time limited vehicle. There was quite the uprise about it on the forums.

This could very well be a time limited vehicle despite being "part of Smugglers Run".

I'll be buying a matte black Vigilante the second it's available so if they do that it definitely won't hurt me. 

NIGHTHAWK0D2
  • NIGHTHAWK0D2

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

Most likely.

Oh yea I forgot about that trash 1.9 million chopper junk pile
  • Carter4point8 and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:17 AM Edited by Happy Hunter, 14 September 2017 - 03:18 AM.

Where does all the talk of this coming at Halloween come from? Is it just a vibe, or did one of the leakers say it?

RetroStyle
  • RetroStyle

Jesus is Love <3

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:29 AM

Where does all the talk of this coming at Halloween come from? Is it just a vibe, or did one of the leakers say it?

It falls on a tuesday, and vigilantes the only vehicle that fits the holiday imo. Plus the unlock order of warstock, crossrefernced with the discount order for SR also put it on that day. Assuming we get one every week till nov29th. Hunter prob comin nov22nd. R* is taking the dripfeed too far this time. The ingame description of SR even mentions the "Cold war bomber"  (bombushka) that's not even out yet lol. 

Mr_No
  • Mr_No

SpandX Pckg Co CEO

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

It cannot be used in races, just like the Ruiner 2k. It may get it's own SV races I guess.

It can't fly or jump, and handles like a muscle car.

It cannot withstand explosions.

It's a 3.8 million dollar toy, just like the 4+ million dollar Ruiner 2k.

I know it's not your intention but it sounds like you're trying to make me dislike the Vigilante, when in fact I'm liking it more and more (and more).

• NIGHTHAWK0D2 likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

-snip-
Balancing is not an issue. There is no vehicle in the game you can't destroy with an RPG.

Okay then, use your advanced non Rockstar logic and tell me a situation you can't get out of in this game. Is there a vehicle or a weapon that can't be countered?
I'll wait.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:30 AM Edited by gizmonomono, 14 September 2017 - 06:31 AM.

You can drive a police car or an ambulance, or a golf cart, or one of them caddies from the airport... when ever you want. It's not like they do not exist in the game. You can literally find one of them in like 30 seconds. So then, should Rockstar waste time on that, instead of giving us new content? Like new types of cars, that aren't just a re-skin.
So you admit that people DO want to drive them, after implying that people who do want them won't actually drive them. Interesting.

I'll clarify the situation for you. The people who "want police cars" are not all a bunch of idiots who don't know that it's really easy to get a police car to come to them, which they can then steal and drive around to their heart's content. No; when people say they want police cars, what they mean is they want them as PVs. (That stands for Personal Vehicles, by the way, and means vehicles they can keep in their garages and insure.)

It was possible to do this very early in the game, but then Rockstar decided that since they don't understand why anyone would want to keep a police car, they're going to disallow it.

Allowing us to store police cars isn't giving us new content, and it is hardly a waste of time, either, since all that needs to happen is a setting being changed. They changed it once, to disallow it. That hardly took a rewrite of the whole game; they probably just changed the 1 to a 0 for a setting something like "CanBeStoredByPlayers" or whatever. Now we just want them to undo that.

The police car has been in the game since it came out. The only thing it's good for is some roleplay.

My point was you can get it instantly. The only difference is that it will be parked in your garage. I don't care if anyone wants to drive them or not, they are free to do so, any time. But I can't remember the last time I saw a player driving a police car or an ambulance in a public lobby. Unless their personal vehicles was unavailable, and there was a police car there.

Yes, It probably is an easy change to make. Why don't you organize a petition so all 10 of you out there can store a cop car :D

I'll stick to the Vigilante.

Davisbruh
  • Davisbruh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

-snip-

Okay then, use your advanced non Rockstar logic and tell me a situation you can't get out of in this game. Is there a vehicle or a weapon that can't be countered?
I'll wait.
Hydra.

Biter
  • Biter

MC President

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Garbage. Way to sh*t on your own game Rockstar.

• zoso80 likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:04 AM Edited by ragedandcaged, 14 September 2017 - 10:04 AM.

-snip-

I'll wait.
Hydra.

Oppressor.  Explosive sniper.  rpg your feet or teleport.  fully loaded.

• gizmonomono, 79'Blazer4x4 and Nossirag like this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

-snip-

I'll wait.
Hydra.

You must be new to GTA :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users