Rapid GT Classic Discussion

790 replies to this topic
GTAforums SUCK
  • GTAforums SUCK

fa**ot coward moderators GTAF Team has down syndrome

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

This thread is delusional as always tipical from GTAF.
This car is in no way, shape or form related to a mustang...you gotta be pretty naive about cars to believe that.
Its like comparing a MR2 to a Ferrari, or any other naive comparison based on overall form
  • ToLiveandDieinLS, dead goon, mickt1978 and 1 other like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Playa

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 3 weeks ago.

This car is in no way, shape or form related to a mustang...you gotta be pretty naive about cars to believe that.
Its like comparing a MR2 to a Ferrari, or any other naive comparison based on overall form

Looks like a mustsng to me, especially with that custom looking one with the bug catcher!! Id rather pretend then wait for nothing
  • RetroStyle likes this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Flow was like a roadside bomb

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

You seem like an impartial judge considering your member title.

• Shaundi., JRC99, GTAforums SUCK and 7 others like this

Ravarta
  • Ravarta

"Quality Spam"

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ravarta, 3 weeks ago.

It's zero percent Mustang. It's A DBS crossed with Jensen Interceptor.

36059569604_eecab73dcd_h.jpg

1967-ford-mustang-shelby-g.t.350-front-d

I dunno; that livery, hood scoop, and fastback roof line would beg to differ...
Well I do know. That scoop is exactly the same as in Jensen FF.

UlYnU3h.jpg

And the stripes are also probably a reference to the Jensen Interceptor that was in FF6.

bndlNEx.jpg

Also the DBS was a fastback so...

b5S0yet.jpg

Edit. Here is a Supercharged Jensen Interceptor to all of the people using customization options as evidence of this being a Mustang.

2INlVwL.jpg
  • eyman, mickt1978, Commander S and 5 others like this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Pretty ironic you say this. You'd have to be delusional to deny how much the Mustang influenced Aston Martin back then. People commented on the resemblance quite a bit back in the day.
  • Shaundi., We Are Ninja, Pedinhuh and 4 others like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 3 weeks ago.

36893669335_d0a0ca1dda_h.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-CCummings-DL_G

My bad, you're right. These cars have nothing in common. R* never pulls design cues from multiple cars from different manufacturers on a consistent, regular basis.
  • Garland137 and Aslad like this

the_potato
  • the_potato

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by the_potato, 3 weeks ago.

Credits to Foxy Snaps

DIaMhATV4AA7mLi.jpg

• GTA-Biker likes this

Ravarta
  • Ravarta

"Quality Spam"

• Members
  • Finland

Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-CCummings-DL_G

My bad, you're right. These cars have nothing in common. It's not like R* doesn't pull design cues from multiple cars from different manufacturers on a consistent, regular basis.
Just because they share common design elements doesn't mean that they are based on every car that shares those common desing elements.

That is like saying that Nightshade is partially based on Jaguar XJ6.

uYSv6ja.jpg

u06NyCF.jpg
  • Rented, eyman, Spade115 and 7 others like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sorry but Mustangs are precious to me, this isn't a Mustang. It's ok to have design similarities with a Mustang, many great looking cars were influenced by them. To me this is just another cool looking European car trying to cash in on Mustang swag. Which is still good because the cars we're talking about (Jensens and Astons) are pretty cool cars (when I was in hs in the late 70's my best friend's big brother's girlfriend (she was in college O_O) drove a black Jensen Interceptor convertible. I've been worshiping Interceptors ever since. Much swag.

1931Conv.JPG

• 79'Blazer4x4 and Touge Spirit Leader like this

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

looking forward to it

• Touge Spirit Leader likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just because they share common design elements doesn't mean that they are based on every car that shares those common desing elements.

Conversely, the fact they share common design elements doesn't mean that they aren't based on the cars that they share design elements with. By your logic, the Banshee shares common design elements with the Viper, but that fact that it shares said elements doesn't mean that it's based on the Viper... Since neither of us actually work at R*, and neither of us had any hand in designing this car, we have no idea what photos of what cars the designer had hanging in his cubicle for inspiration when he modeled this car.

That said, you may not see any Mustang in this cars DNA, but several other posters do. Try not to get a nosebleed all the way up there on your vehicular high horse.
  • gunziness likes this

Cerool
  • Cerool

Space bees are more hardcore than Earth bees

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let me explain what I think this car is, it is mainly based off of the V8 Vantage but can be customized to mimic a Mustang
  • _Celldweller, Fox2Quick and GTP_Monkey like this

Ravarta
  • Ravarta

"Quality Spam"

• Members
  • Finland

Conversely, the fact they share common design elements doesn't mean that they aren't based on the cars that they share design elements with. By your logic, the Banshee shares common design elements with the Viper, but that fact that it shares said elements doesn't mean that it's based on the Viper... Since neither of us actually work at R*, and neither of us had any hand in designing this car, we have no idea what photos of what cars the designer had hanging in his cubicle for inspiration when he modeled this car.

That said, you may not see any Mustang in this cars DNA, but several other posters do. Try not to get a nosebleed all the way up there on your vehicular high horse.
Way to misinterpreted what I said. That being said I guess I could've paraphrased that better, blame it on English being only my third language.

What I was trying to present was kind of a Occam's razor of sorts. Meaning that the simplest answer is usually the correct one. In this case it being that a car mainly based on Aston Martin having elements that are both shared by Aston Martin and by other cars (like: Nissan 240Z, Ford Mustang, Toyota Celica, Ford Torino, Maserati Ghibli, Iso Grifo, etc...) is still an Aston Martin. For example the fastback roof in Rapid GT. Seeing as Rapid GT represents DBS in almost every way. Its way more reasonable to assume that the fastback rear is supposed to be from an Aston Martin DBS instead of lets say a 240Z.

I admit that there are similarities in the desings of Rapid GT and Mustang as there in the desings of DBS and Mustang. But that's to be expected seeing as almost every muscle car manufactured after 1964 car bears some resemblance to Mustang, just as almost every super car bears some resemblance to Lamborghini Miura.
  • GTAforums SUCK, Commander S and Touge Spirit Leader like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do these foglights work? And damn, what a beauty car!

• TitanR1 likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Your English is fine. My point was that you don't know each and every car that they pulled inspiration and/or design cues from, and to insist that you do makes you sound incredibly pompous. IMHO, the mods and liveries available for it suggest that the car has some American muscle in it's DNA.
  • gunziness and RetroStyle like this

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd rather have this designed as a Stang then wait for an actual Dominator Classic. For now this will do.

Ravarta
  • Ravarta

"Quality Spam"

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Mayby there was/is Mustang influence in there, we'll never know. Personally I don't see it. I never claimed to know all of the influences that R* used in creating Rapid GT, I just think it's way more likely that the Mustang like cues were from other cars that Rapid GT had drawn influence from.
  • _Celldweller and Touge Spirit Leader like this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

That is a very nice looking car, very nice. Here's hoping it's not the last thing in their stupid dripfeed.

Whenever it gets released, it's a definite purchase for me. If it's going in sports classic, I hope the performance is good enough to add a bit more variety of choice in races.

Or better still, R* go and take a serious look at the classes & do a bit of shuffling to make them all as well balanced as the super class. The game could probably do with a couple of new classes or sub classes really. Wishful thinking I know.
  • mickt1978 likes this

Gorn Lord
  • Gorn Lord

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is definitely some of a particular Shelby Mustang's influence in this car.

o46mw55.jpg

• askinnywhitedildo, We Are Ninja, XxD_ALBANIANxX and 2 others like this

α
  • α

-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's zero percent Mustang. It's A DBS crossed with Jensen Interceptor.

I dunno; that livery, hood scoop, and fastback roof line would beg to differ...

Livery: Generic racing stripes.

Hood scoop: Very similar to many many other hood scoops found on other cars, especially as mods in the game.

Fastback roof line: Just like an Aston Martin...

GTAforums SUCK
  • GTAforums SUCK

fa**ot coward moderators GTAF Team has down syndrome

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

By this faulty naive logic every 80's and 90's car with an aero front end and pop up headlights has a """Ferrari DNA""" and i dont get surprised since it is common for naive people to make stupid comparisons like these...
The point is simple, the Aston Martin V8 it is in fact a exotic muscle car but has absolutely nothing to do with a mustang in real life, he is unique in its own way and have its own history and its own design.
The mix of Aston v8 and jensen we see in this game has also NOTHING to do with a mustang, and its "muscle car mods" are expected since it is technically a muscle car from a design point of view.

If you wanna pretend that this is a mustang, then go for it.. People who dont know much about cars do some crazy comparisons and thats ok they are not into cars. And if you know about cars and still feel like you can do a mustang on this car that is fine too, but at least know that you are working with something that has 0% of a mustang in it and dont be delusional
  • mickt1978 likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

My eyes see plenty of Mustang in there and no amount of people saying "OMG! How can you be so blind!?" will make them see it any differently.
  • erased, teagle, We Are Ninja and 3 others like this

coynedawg
  • coynedawg

Youtube: CoyneDawg

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by coynedawg, 3 weeks ago.

My Showcase and first opinion of the beautiful Rapid GT Classic shown below along with the cyclone, hope you guys enjoy it :)

• Arrows to Athens likes this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Needs an truck

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by JRC99, 3 weeks ago.

It's a V8 Vantage. 

The V8 Vantage is somewhat similar to a Mustang (the dual, round, recessed headlights with two round fog lights in a separate grille area screams '64 1/2- '69 Mustang, let's be honest)

Case closed.

Now, stop bitching about the influence and just admire it for what it really is: a damn good looking car. 

• Commander S, Touge Spirit Leader, XxD_ALBANIANxX and 1 other like this

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Stig, can you put the Mambas wheels in this? Colors could be anything. Would like it in the grey and black you posted however. Just wanna see it with the Mamba's wheels.

gekko94
  • gekko94

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Rapid GT Classic

Sports Classics

Dewbauchee

Everything else from the 80s has aged. The Rapid GT Classic has only matured. Like a fine claret or a really good boob job, each passing year adds something mysterious to its allure. Sure, that new sports coupé is half the weight, and it has a cleaner transmission. But trust us: get inside this vintage, experience the kind of technique and self-assurance only time can bestow, and you'll never waste your time on a younger model again.

4lL8YHI.jpg

Pic credit - Carrythxd

Coming soon:

More pictures

Pictures of all available modifications

Exhaust note

autoweek_bond_01.jpg

ooooh yes.... f*ck f*ck f*ck!!!!! Finally!!!!my bond car collection will be complete

• Waldbear likes this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Playa

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 3 weeks ago.

. . . Motion to declare this car an unofficial dominator classic say Aye!

I'm trying to imagine it in a Dynasty Green or Turquoise, like a vintage 65 mustang... mmmmmmmm

If only I could pinstripe the tires.

• erased likes this

gekko94
  • gekko94

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by gekko94, 3 weeks ago.

When it comes out ??? When??

GTA_Elegy
  • GTA_Elegy

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

While people are argue about whether there is Mustamg in this design, I think that the most important thing is that we finally got another Dewbauchee inspired coupe,that actually looks like a damn British Aston and not a Italian/German hybrid

Dewbauchee JB 007 was straight up Aston Martin.
Rapid GT - looks like a V8 Vantage, but kinda Ferrari California, but still pretty Aston looking...
Massaco - More Ferrari starting to creep into the front.
Seven70 - Beautiful car, but at this point, is more Ferrari than Aston.
Specter - Awesome car, but Porsche 918 front is totally not Aston.
Rapid GT classic - Aston Martin V8( with a little Jensen).Feels like a proper British grand tourer.
  • GTP_Monkey and General_Z like this

metoxys
  • metoxys

modern supercar & gold plating enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Here's me showcasing the car while driving at speed

It's a really fun car

• -inVADER-, askinnywhitedildo, Commander S and 3 others like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users