Photo

Boss Golf: Golf Resort Management Sim

10 replies to this topic
Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:54 AM Edited by Tchuck, 27 August 2017 - 05:56 AM.

Hello folks!

Today I'd like to introduce you to a new game I'm developing:

Gn95x4m.png

About

SimGolf was a favourite of mine from back in the day. Been waiting for a sequel or something similar to it since. But most other games took a more realistic route and removed the management element from the equation. So I thought "Wait a second! I'm a game developer! I should build my own!" and so I started development of it.

Boss Golf is a golf resort management sim, where gameplay is concentrated into three areas:

• Building your resort and the golf courses
  • Managing the finance and personnel of the resort to turn a profit and hosting tournaments
  • Playing the courses yourself to win prizes as a professional golfer

Development Blog

To keep people informed of the development of the game, I started up a devblog located at http://bossgolf.blog

In there you'll find detailed posts on each update, as well as news regarding the development. I'll use this topic for the bigger updates, such as when a new demo is released, and to have discussion about features and ideas.

Target Platform

Currently I'm aiming to have the game on PC/Mac/Linux. Other platform support would come later.

Current State

I've just released a new terrain editor demo yesterday, that allows you to build your golf course, mess with the terrain, and add water tiles around places.

You can find information about it here!

It's all done with the mouse. Left click does your action, Right click cancels it.

Mouse wheel zooms (as does Q and E)

Holding mouse wheel and moving allows you to rotate the camera

WASD for panning (or moving the mouse to the edge of the screen)

Media

lake_hole.png?w=700

decorationtool.gif?w=700

waves.gif?w=700

demohole.png?w=700

So, let's discuss! What sort of feature would you like to see in a game like this? What are some of your favourite tycoon/management games? 

• Davo the Assassin, Mister Pink, Nico and 5 others like this

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Wish you good luck! It's always very impressive to see one guy take on a whole project. I've never played a golf sim before. Used to play a lot of rollercoaster tycoon back when I was a kid though.

In RC Tycoon, I always had a lot of fun keeping my finances in check, even as a kid. A rich finance system is what makes those games great.
  • Tchuck and Audi like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Oh yeah, I wanna bring the feelings from those tycoon games of yore. One of my all time favourites is Transport Tycoon! Lord knows how much time I spent planning railroads, balancing the budget, expanding my transport network, connecting factories to resources, making massive railways. It was amazing.

Rollercoaster Tycoon too, testing rides, coming up with new ideas, causing accidents for the fun of it!

With this game, I wanna make all three areas of it extremely fun. I wanna make building the course and the resort feel good, feel relaxing, give you all the tools to experiment and just run with it. 

• fashion and Audi like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

Really cool! All the best to you and your project! :^:

• Tchuck likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:06 AM

Oh cool it's a Be Donald Trump On The Weekend sim

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Hahaha in some ways, yes. You can bet I'll make a Ronald Drumpf AI character that can appear to golf at your course, but only if it's the best course ever created since he's the best golfer ever.

For this game, I really wanna work up some very nice AI, whose play affects their relationships with other golfers, as well as their performance on the course. Really work the difference between the pro golfer and the weekend golfer. 

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

I was only joking, It takes a lot of guts and work to get where you are with making this so i bow to you my friend.

Good luck with this :)

• Tchuck likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Don't Pray For Me, Homie Pray For The Weak

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Never played SimGolf but loved Roller Coaster Tycoon as a kid and golfing irl as an adult lol. Hope this works out, this would be a fun game.

The management and finace aspects of those games were always really fascinating to me.
  • Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

Never played SimGolf but loved Roller Coaster Tycoon as a kid and golfing irl as an adult lol. Hope this works out, this would be a fun game.

The management and finace aspects of those games were always really fascinating to me.

Awesome! Then you're just the kind of person that this game was made for! haha

Go ahead and give the terrain demo a try! I need some feedback on how it feels, if it's clear, any potential ideas and feature requests etc. 

Also, I set up a discord channel to talk about the development of the game and get feedback faster too!

• Audi likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Finished updating the terrain system. It is lighter, easier to manage, and better integrated with the water system:

O7bTPvM.png

I'm happy with the terrain as it is now, only lacking more assets, but it works well enough.

So next weekend's major update will be actually golf gameplay. Shoot the ball around and test the hole you just created!

• Audi likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hey folks!

As before, I've added some basic golf playing gameplay to the game. You can now create your holes, and then play them!

IwUUJLk.png

You can find more details and the download link to the demo here!

As always, it's still well early alpha and there's many things that are likely broken. All feedback is appreciated!
  • OysterBarron likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users