Photo

LF-22 Starling Appreciation Thread

202 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:58 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 10 September 2017 - 07:59 PM.

This thing dodges missiles like a boss. If my erratic use of the Rocket Boost doesn't manage to break a lock on, I just drop a flare and boost away. I outmaneuvered two guys in jets trying to kill me at the same time last night and they gave up.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

I've had some success with landing it by bleeding off enough airspeed so I basically stall out around 50-100ft or so from the ground, then nose down, level out, and just drop to the ground from about 20ft or so.

Since braking seems almost nonexistent when landing, the landing speeds are so high, and it tends to bounce so much when trying to touch down, safely getting rid of you airspeed before landing seems to be the key.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:14 PM

Just had a proper play with this and I am in love.

Its so small and cute like a kitten but will rip your face off for fun....like a kitten. Only thing is landing but if I can tame the Ultralights wild heart I can tame this.

• Forza Harrd and Goingcrowd9 like this

Miami_Biker
  • Miami_Biker

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:19 AM Edited by Miami_Biker, 11 September 2017 - 04:40 AM.

..heh! I done it! I made a proper test video about dogfighting. It showcases The Rogue/Molotok/Starling and Lazer

I edit this in 3 days and hope i didn't forget anything.

• MrTroubleMaker, ___MissT___, kovaandr and 1 other like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:53 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 11 September 2017 - 09:58 AM.

To all those asking about Luftwaffe/nazi markings, that would make the game illegal in Germany ;)

Also, f*cking nazis, dude.

If you want to commemorate the Nazi rocket program they should have added a NASA livery :p

• Forza Harrd, Goingcrowd9, Piro and 2 others like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

bombing helicopters is fun

i can just imagine the thought process

oh sh*t a fighter jet
phew he didn't lock on
boom
what the f*ck
oh
  • Forza Harrd and Goingcrowd9 like this

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:14 AM Edited by SJH1991, 11 September 2017 - 10:15 AM.

Remembering history is what holds accountability, when you stop doing that it leaves the world open for that same type of evil to thrive again. But also, Muh OCD. We Muricans got our liveries, the Russians got theirs, just seems kinda silly a plane with this distinct heritage got the shaft. Let's be honest though, whoever developed the plane and or it's liveries would have had a hard time getting it approved probably :/

American flag more negitave than the Swastika? I'm sure the Jewish would love that moronic opinion..

I'm sure ancestors of Native Americans thinks that comment is even more moronic!! we'll not mention the rest of your countries affairs!!

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:52 AM

Remembering history is what holds accountability, when you stop doing that it leaves the world open for that same type of evil to thrive again. But also, Muh OCD. We Muricans got our liveries, the Russians got theirs, just seems kinda silly a plane with this distinct heritage got the shaft. Let's be honest though, whoever developed the plane and or it's liveries would have had a hard time getting it approved probably :/

American flag more negitave than the Swastika? I'm sure the Jewish would love that moronic opinion..

I'm sure ancestors of Native Americans thinks that comment is even more moronic!! we'll not mention the rest of your countries affairs!!

THE DINOSAURS WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH YOU BOTH.
  • Pedinhuh likes this

Sandpanther
  • Sandpanther

For I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

Rawr roar grr roar ROAR! (Translated from dinosaur). 'The dinosaurs wish to remain on topic about the LF-22 Starling'. Yes, it's a shame there's no accurate WW2 livery for it.

• 79'Blazer4x4, ash-274, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

NegativeVector
  • NegativeVector

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

Hmmmmm now I want a pterodactyl livery.....
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

I'm not sure why R* didn't just give the Starling landing gear like the Komet had, a wheel either side of the fuselage. Not that it would be any safer to land however.

The real thing never had a landing gear, those tiny wheels were not attached to the fuselage, pilots were supposed to belly-land the son of a bitch and hope the thing doesn't blow up or severely injury their spines.
  • Gridl0k and Goingcrowd9 like this

leerocklord
  • leerocklord

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

37046653831_8fe3bae2ee_h.jpg
Bomb Drop
  • Gridl0k, Forza Harrd and 1bbaxter like this

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

How's this thing on durability? I fought someone in a custom Starling while I was piloting a Molotok, and after a good long chase I caught him with a single burst with my guns and he just came apart. I've never seen anything else, not even a Dodo, explode that quickly with those guns. Was that a fluke, or is that a problem with this one?

• Forza Harrd, Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:25 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 12 September 2017 - 07:31 PM.

I've taken a missile and was able to make it back to Zancudo from downtown.

Just engaged in my first decent dogfight in this thing last night. I did not know it has a limited amount of flares. Apparently it can still evade missiles after you run out of flares, but holy sh*t is it intense. Ended up colliding with the Hydra I was fighting, dogfight ended in a draw.

I've figured out that it doesn't land like a plane. It lands like a glider, you have to glide in. I haven't tried landing on something like a freeway yet, but I can more-or-less nail a runway landing now. 

• badmoon, Forza Harrd, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

I've taken a missile and was able to make it back to Zancudo from downtown.

Just engaged in my first decent dogfight in this thing last night. I did not know it has a limited amount of flares. Apparently it can still evade missiles after you run out of flares, but holy sh*t is it intense. Ended up colliding with the Hydra I was fighting, dogfight ended in a draw.

I've figured out that it doesn't land like a plane. It lands like a glider, you have to glide in. I haven't tried landing on something like a freeway yet, but I can more-or-less nail a runway landing now. 

kill the jet and it will land anywhere, and you can crash and survive if gliding
  • Forza Harrd likes this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

It basically is a glider, a glider with a temporary rocket booster attached to it(obviously not nearly as temporary as its real life counterpart though). It does have its own engine power, but only seemingly enough to taxi on a runway, you can't take off with it and it won't keep you airborne if you run out of speed.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:59 AM

It can gain altitude so fast.

That's what I mainly use the boost for. Attack, then just launch into orbit where no one can use an explosive sniper on you.

If you go really high up too, you can just drift down and pick extra speed for going forwards.

• gnomefromnome, Cutter De Blanc, Gridl0k and 4 others like this

B4T4LI4
  • B4T4LI4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

This has to be my favorite plane of the update so far. Always loved the komet since it's such a unique plane so glad they've added it to the game. I have yet to lose a dogfight in this thing since the agility of it is just insane. So easy to get behind someones tail. A decent pilot will easily avoid your missile spam so I suggest using the MGs (won't take to long to take someone out with them since they do decent damage for standard MGs) absolutely worth every penny!
  • Nossirag likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

I love this update so much. I fell in love with the Molotok right off the bat but I'm loving all the cool tricks I'm learning with the other aircraft, like the Starling. This thing has a learning curve BUT IT IS SO MUCH FUN. :D

• gunziness and Happy Hunter like this

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

Just bought it, love it. I think it's one of the better first person views from one of the planes- dat gunsight tho. Killed a Lazer troll in it, and that was just hilarious. With the rocket boost, you can just suddenly be somewhere else.

• Gridl0k likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Someone shot me with an explosive sniper, completely disabled the controls. I like how when it gets like that the nose points towards the sky, and I can just keep jumping the plane back up so it won't crash. My own personal rocket ship. Can't land like that though.

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:35 PM Edited by PwnageSoldier, 19 September 2017 - 04:35 PM.

My favourite new jet. However won't be getting it, I need the space for my Hydra, Savage (Hunter), Tula and Rogue =/
Not certain however as I haven't bought any SR stuff yet other than clothing.

B4T4LI4
  • B4T4LI4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

My favourite new jet. However won't be getting it, I need the space for my Hydra, Savage (Hunter), Tula and Rogue =/

This thing is a blast to fly. You exit and the hangar and 20 seconds later you're high in the sky where no-one will be able to get you. This is where she truly shines. You fly towards your target, dive on top of him, take him out and go back to the sky to do it all over again. It's bombs work great on ground targets but take a little bit of practice. The homing missiles are pretty useless in dogfights so your best bet is using the guns as you're easily getting behind someone. Keep the homing missiles for slower aircraft and helicopters. Landing can be tricky at first but the key is to practically stall the aircraft to lose enough speed for a landing cause she likes to glide for quite a while. Like seriously, you can glide from mt. Chiliad to LSIA easily. Buy whatever floats your boat but you won't regret this purchase.
  • Cutter De Blanc and Goingcrowd9 like this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

This thing is a blast to fly. You exit and the hangar and 20 seconds later you're high in the sky where no-one will be able to get you. This is where she truly shines. You fly towards your target, dive on top of him, take him out and go back to the sky to do it all over again. It's bombs work great on ground targets but take a little bit of practice. The homing missiles are pretty useless in dogfights so your best bet is using the guns as you're easily getting behind someone. Keep the homing missiles for slower aircraft and helicopters. Landing can be tricky at first but the key is to practically stall the aircraft to lose enough speed for a landing cause she likes to glide for quite a while. Like seriously, you can glide from mt. Chiliad to LSIA easily. Buy whatever floats your boat but you won't regret this purchase.

I'd get it for sure lol, I mean, I've piloted it in combat it is so much fun to use. I'm just limited by money and hangar space.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

Man, just going trough all those new vehicle threads i am quite in 2 minds about this one...might actually go and grind/cheat money for this one....

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

I still miss a lot with the bombs, but I'm starting to get a little better I think.

uSMek3a.gif

Also this was cool.

s0Qd2B8.gif

Had two jets after me at one point as well. Being able to gain altitude so fast helped me separate them. The Hydra just couldn't keep up going vertical like that, so I was able to fight them one at a time more.

• Cutter De Blanc, AUScowboy and Goingcrowd9 like this

pooprope
  • pooprope

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Could someone please tell me what the animal? Is on the falcon 2 livery. I can't figure out wth it is. No way it's a falcon, is it a bat? This is draining me nuts.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

Half of the liveries are such crap resolution that you cant make out what the finer details are, for all the SR planes. The Tula especially has some blurry ass tail logos for it's liveries... a damn shame. At least some are flawless.
  • Nossirag likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

This thing is incredible.

At $2,750,000 (trade price), I'd say it's a bargain. Easily outperforms the Hydras I've come across, and I can often beat Lazers with it too.

• AUScowboy, Forza Harrd, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

As someone who prefers traditional aircraft....  wanna try convincing me to get this?   It's the only SR plane I don't have yet!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users