LF-22 Starling Appreciation Thread

112 replies to this topic
elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I bought all the planes, this is the only one I use. I use it to kill Opressors.

• Happy Hunter likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I miss the R* games that would have given this plane an accurate livery lol... Don't blame them though, in this climate they would have faced a backlash most likely. Redwood is a nice twist, wasn't expecting that even if it is a bit out of place on a vintage bomber.

Not a fan of Nazi's or their imagery, but I am a stickler for accuracy when possible. The R* of the earpy 2000s would have no problem using Nazi imagery (they did in Manhunt). That's such a small, OCD driven gripe on my part though, I'm actually still fairly surprised they chose to add it in any form. Deep cut for sure, and a strange choice... I personally would trade it for an F14 in a heartbeat, but I'm quickly learning to love the little guy.

Too bad they didn't name it something that recalled Penguins... EVERY time I see this plane I think of Alkaline's avatars and GIFs lol.
  • singemfrc, Nasty Noodles, Killerman29 and 4 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by elfoam, A week ago.

I would have gone for Nazi Livery, no use hiding the past and both sides in that war were equally evil in the end. And modern day taken into account.. the US flag is currently far more negative than the swastika ever was.

• Pedinhuh, 79'Blazer4x4, Paulie050 and 2 others like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by AUScowboy, A week ago.

Remembering history is what holds accountability, when you stop doing that it leaves the world open for that same type of evil to thrive again. But also, Muh OCD. We Muricans got our liveries, the Russians got theirs, just seems kinda silly a plane with this distinct heritage got the shaft. Let's be honest though, whoever developed the plane and or it's liveries would have had a hard time getting it approved probably :/

American flag more negitave than the Swastika? I'm sure the Jewish would love that moronic opinion..
  • Pedinhuh, 79'Blazer4x4, BattleCat and 3 others like this

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Playa

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

I bought all the planes, this is the only one I use. I use it to kill Opressors.

Yeah the oppressor suddenly seems a prey now. So the cluster bombs are officially glitched/don't work? What are 'second' best?
  • Nossirag likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by elfoam, A week ago.

Remembering history is what holds accountability, when you stop doing that it leaves the world open for that same type of evil to thrive again. But also, Muh OCD. We Muricans got our liveries, the Russians got theirs, just seems kinda silly a plane with this distinct heritage got the shaft. Let's be honest though, whoever developed the plane and or it's liveries would have had a hard time getting it approved probably :/

American flag more negitave than the Swastika? I'm sure the Jewish would love that moronic opinion..

The US are constantly invading countries all around the would whenever and where ever it suits them, they are widely despised by the vast majority of the worlds population as a legit evil empire like the world hasn't seen in a very long time. That is the reality of the situation these days. It isn't any joke anymore it's the cancer of the planet. I will admit Australia are in on it as well. No better as they follow masters every instruction.

• Paulie050 and Nossirag like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by AUScowboy, A week ago.

The last country we invaded was Iraq, over a decade ago... when you compare America to Nazi's you diminish the persecution of the Jews. Tha UK has commited far greater atrocities than America, you're just drinking the kool aid and you sound ridiculous :/

On topic: so this isnt available in races? That's a shame, but I can understand why I guess.. maybe the update to the race creator will remedy this. Or at least allow for it in Transform races.
  • BattleCat, Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

Killerman29
  • Killerman29

Bone County Sunsets

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago Edited by Killerman29, A week ago.

Why isnt there a german livery? but we have a paceful rainbow livery instead, so politically correct, rockstar is no rockstar anymore

PD: only with a german iron cross would have worked, no swastikas or anything

• Goingcrowd9, kovaandr and Nossirag like this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by coelacanth72, A week ago.

They should have at least added in the iron cross, a German military insignia going way back before the nazis and which continues to be used today.

All people in the world are descendants of rapists, murderers, imperialists, and assholes in general. Nobody is culpable, we're all culpable. The American empire is indeed evil, but so were all the empires that came before it. If u want to point a finger, point it at yourself.

Why isnt there a german livery? but we have a paceful rainbow livery instead, so politically correct, rockstar is no rockstar anymore

It's a euphemism for the swastica, basically R* saying "u know what should be here"
  • Killerman29, Goingcrowd9, kovaandr and 1 other like this

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade Corporation
  • Bulgaria

Posted A week ago

I mean, all of the Molotok's liveries are starkly accurate...

And people regard Russia as worse than Germany in WWII...

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

In case anyone's wondering (probably not), this aircraft will climb vertically faster than any other in the game, when the rocket boost is active. 

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Dank

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

I really like the look of it... It seems to be pretty handy for most situations.. 
The only setback is the price though.. Discounted it's still way too expensive for what it is. 

I'll wait for a discount.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I mean, all of the Molotok's liveries are starkly accurate...
And people regard Russia as worse than Germany in WWII...

Actually, not everyone does regard Russians worst than Nazis in WWII because of the Holocaust, surely the Russians with their communist regime killed much more, but the Nazis targeted a specific group of people of whom they had extreme prejudice of it, purely out of hatred.

Because of that, you can't have a nazi swastika anywhere in a movie or video game without creating some form of backlash, even if the swastika is there for purely historical accuracy.

It's just nonsense because if we don't remember history, we are bound to repeat it.
  • 79'Blazer4x4, Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^ yeah it's debatable, but also worth remembering that indiscriminant allied bombing killed even more civilians than the great purges, or the holocaust, or the cultural revolution... and so it goes. The difference in perception is just that the allies won. Basically, humans are assholes. There is something about the nazi ideology that for whatever reason people still find attractive, so in the here and now it's a more dangerous symbol than the hammer and sickle or the Stars and Stripes. Depending on who u ask I guess...
  • Pedinhuh, Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

Classique
  • Classique

That car manufacturer who likes to mock Declasse.

• Members
  • Denmark
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Helpfulness Award [GTAV]

Posted A week ago

So... Can you swoop the wheels up on this thing? It seems to me like it can, but I may just be seeing things.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Lord Of War

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

What do people mean exactly by the Cluster bombs are glitched/broke?

I killed someone with the cluster bombs just yesterday.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

So... Can you swoop the wheels up on this thing? It seems to me like it can, but I may just be seeing things.

Nope.
The real thing doesn't even have wheels attached to it, you had to belly-land the dammed thing and hope for the best.
  • Classique likes this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I haven't got a single bomb kill yet with any type, huge waste of money

They barely take out NPC cars on a packed highway

But yeah the Starling devours oppressors in fact I'm gonna say once you get used to it this is the most lethal plane in game

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

The blast radius is small, while in the code it's shows that it was meant to be wider than standard bombs.

And if you managed to kill someone with that thing, I take my hat off to you sir, because that is quite a feat.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Lord Of War

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The blast radius is small, while in the code it's shows that it was meant to be wider than standard bombs.

And if you managed to kill someone with that thing, I take my hat off to you sir, because that is quite a feat.

Gotcha. Hopefully that's something they will fix. The radius definitely feels small. I bombed a yacht and was able to get a kill mostly because there wasn't anywhere for the people to run.

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

I haven't got a single bomb kill yet with any type, huge waste of money

They barely take out NPC cars on a packed highway

But yeah the Starling devours oppressors in fact I'm gonna say once you get used to it this is the most lethal plane in game

I first bought gas bombs on my Cuban 800...
'Explosive payload wich ALSO leaves toxic gas'

I dropped it on several targets and hit them, but without succes...
I even dropped it on my pegasus Dodo.
Hit it like 10 times, even see an explosion but all it did is leave gas.
I changes too normal bombs too see if they where bugged too...
Dropped it on my Dodo and bang !
'Your pegasus vehichle has been destroyed'

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by Cutter De Blanc, A week ago.

Just tricked one of these guys out last night. Funnest plane from the update so far. How am I supposed to land this f*cking thing though? What design wizard thought it would be awesome to only give the thing two wheels? And no viable brakes! Damn. Only time I landed it without taking it into a wall to stop I had to slam the nose violently into the ground and make it catch on fire.
  • Rafae likes this

nmk111
  • nmk111

Playa

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago

How am I supposed to land this f*cking thing though?

you dont. just bail out over your destination and return it via mc menu.

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

f*ckin nazis, dude.
  • Gridl0k likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted A week ago

I love this thing so much lmao

The instant rocket takeoff is the funniest thing ever 😂

It also looks cute as hell so there's that

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Cut the engine and glide in.

Computrix
  • Computrix

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

At first I didn't think it was worth buying because it has no engine besides the rocket boosters but it's such a unique plane compared to anything else in the game so it's fun to have around.

• Cutter De Blanc and Rafae like this

ScooterEightyTwo
  • ScooterEightyTwo

Me oh my I have enjoyed that yes boy

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago

I'm not sure why R* didn't just give the Starling landing gear like the Komet had, a wheel either side of the fuselage. Not that it would be any safer to land however.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago

I can land it fine as long as my Hangar is at the end of it :D but not a plane for easy parking outside ammunation, no.

I wish it idled at full power, iyswim. It has a miniscule amount of engine thrust at full throttle but you have to keep the trigger held in to use it, and it's needed.

I do love it. Beat my PB for the longest freefall yesterday, if you get it right (still not sure) you can pulse the rocket up to about 8800ft+.

Lotta fun trolling Hydras and Lazers. 

• Cutter De Blanc, Rafae and Smooth Longsack like this

HitchsIap
  • HitchsIap

Slayer of Gods

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

When I get the order to get into my F22 Starling.

7b47130f-67b3-4a0b-bb1d-bdcc76379874_rex

JAWOHL MEIN FUH......I Mean, Mr. President.

• Gridl0k likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users