Late night cable TV infomercials

3 replies to this topic
Plank.
  • Plank.

Resident NEET

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

One of my favorite things to do is stay up and watch late night infomercials, usually with the assistance of psychoactive substances. It's one of my guilty pleasures. After the world has gone to sleep, TV turns into this absurd carnival show of iffy products and get-rich-quick schemes. Some of these advertisements are so outlandish and surreal that it is hard to believe that they were ever approved to begin with, and the idea that people buy into some of these things is even more baffling.

My personal favorite is Peter Popoff. He comes on at 2:00 a.m., peddling "prosperity" and "wealth" in exchange for donations, offering to send you a packet of "miracle spring water." I don't have a more recent one to share, but here are some clips from some older installments.

Another favorite is... this. It's muh knee, Ellie.

Feel free to share any laughably/blatantly bad scams and infomercials you've seen here.

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

I do find myself watching those infomericals about Airfryers and stuff even though i already have one it's like my brain is locked and can't bring itself to changed the channel although i did learn some new things i can make in my airfryer tho

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Two words, Magic Bullet. Those infomercials were funny, all their friends oddly amazed by this fruit and veg dicer. Bonus points for the censored out cigarettes that some of the actors were smoking, way to draw attention to it lol.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I used to watch infomercials back in the day.  Dura Lube, the Flying Lure, and of coarse the Flowbee.  Ron Popiel with his hair in a can and food dehydrator, good times.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users